LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » KPU experience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KPU experience
bigdreams87
Member # 20493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigdreams87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in hearing from those who have done KPU about what their experience was.

Thanks

Posts: 73 | From ca, usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first started it, I was detoxing and needed lots of binders. Once I felt better, I got one virus after another. I have been told this is the immune system kicking in and fighting viruses in my own body.

I can believe this because I would feel the best ever, then I'd catch another one. Typical of a healing reaction.

Now I feel great and credit KPU as a big part of my healing.

Be careful though, taking zinc can make you more anemic, but it can also help with anemia, go figure. I'm needing more iron than before.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdreams87
Member # 20493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigdreams87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, Sixgoofykids.

How much Magnesium did you take and what kind? and did you have any problems with it?

Any other experiences?

Posts: 73 | From ca, usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take a magnesium I buy from my chiropractor. It's Metagenics. I usually just take one per day, sometimes two if I've been constipated.

That's not part of the KPU protocol though.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also interested in hearing others experiences.

I'm going to get tested. Everything I've read seems to "click" with me.

btw - The lab to get the test done is in NJ. It's called Health Diagnostics And Research Institute, in case you are interested. Their number is 732-721-1234.

Good luck!

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minerva
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minerva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have just started treatment and its made me feel worse. i have some flu like feelings and my pain and fatigue is worse.

iam might not be taking enough binders but its hard to get them in with my butt load of vitamins and meds.
i will see the doc in december to hopefully find out how he thinks i am doing and how long i might be on this...i believe its 6 months to a year.

reminder that if you want to get the best result on the test follow the instructions from dr K. its different then the lab will give you ...the lab "ho humed" it a bit with me.
scott the better health guys web site is great and has the instructions and dr K's info on KPU.

good luck and keep us posted how it works for you.

Posts: 161 | From sonoma county | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

You will definitely feel worse when starting KPU. It causes a release of toxins.

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing KPU can be a most unpleasant experience if done while your body is unable to regulate certain metal and chemical toxins. Not being able to regulate means your body is allergic to some, a few, or many of them. When allergic, the immune system has lost the ability to recognize the stirred up toxins and will not step in to help out.

To eliminate allergies/dysregulations, etc., including the major food allergies (gliadin/gluten) fungi/mold/mucor the body doesn't recognize, chemicals, see
www.allergie-immun.de (english version)

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdreams87
Member # 20493

I am on my 7th day of KPU. I have not really noticed any new symptoms or feelings related to being ill. However, I am having really vivid dreams after taking the B6 and P-5-P.

Sometimes the Zinc lozenge I am taking gives me kind of a head ache.

I was hoping there would be more that can share their experience.

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm about a month in on the Core....not the individual products. Haven't noticed much besides maybe some increased feelings of being "revved" and anxiety.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by bigdreams87:

Sometimes the Zinc lozenge I am taking gives me kind of a head ache.

What form of zinc are you taking? Is it enough? I'm curious because most of us on KPU aren't taking lozenges ....

--------------------

bigdreams87
Member # 20493

I am taking 2x 23 MG lozenges as gluconate and citrate.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, was just curious. Sounds good. Depyrrol has this - Zinc Gluconate 210.5 mg (elemental 28.5 mg Zinc), so it's actually less than you are taking.

Are you also supplementing manganese and oil of evening primrose?

--------------------

landerss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking KPU supplements for a year and a half now. As with Six, I think it has really helped tip me into a better place.

I still take 4 Core caps daily. And I've been taking 3 Evening Primrose Oil gel caps daily, as well.

One thing I am wondering, though, about EPO: I've read somewhere that EPO and other Omega 6 oils displace Omega 3 oils on receptors. Some sources on KPU indicate that those with KPU should not take Omega 3 oils, and so I've been taking very little fish oil since beginning KPU.

Now, my skin has gotten super, scaly dry, and my LLMD says that supplementing Omega 3 oils should help with this. What to do?

--------------------
Increasingly ill over past 10 yrs; treating since October '08.

Posts: 180 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdreams87
Member # 20493

bump
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Landerss, you can't do a protocol forever, even though it may have been beneficial. Imagine for a second you started out with the scales tilted to far to the left, you supplemented with KPU and now the scales may have tilted to far to the right. Your body is telling you something and I applaud your questioning if there is something wrong.

There are important reason to know when to start a protocol and see where it goes. The same can be said for stopping one.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2148 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landerss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob, you are so right - thanks for the reminder!

It's really hard to make changes when something has worked; that said, it's likely time to counterbalance some of the KPU minerals and vitamins (such as copper to balance zinc, and Omega 3s to balance Omega 6s).

Again, thanks!

--------------------
Increasingly ill over past 10 yrs; treating since October '08.

Posts: 180 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,

Thanks for that simple line of common sense.

I have been struggling with something similar, though not KPU -- that had helped and now seems to be causing trouble -- and I had been hanging on out of fear and habit (and a bit of guilt I suppose). I knew it was time to let go and move on but haven't been able to digest that fact. Your post brought it home for me.

Thanks.

Posts: 842 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I did have to add copper after some time on KPU.

--------------------

Terminator
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terminator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what KPU are you guys talking about? I thought it was kryptopyrroluria.

--------------------
We will win

Posts: 135 | From California | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also added copper down the line with KPU Pyrroluria protocol. I am so glad I found out I was high positive on the urine test.All lyme treatment only made me sicker. I am seeing small positive shifts now. [Smile]
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to say I am coming up to 2 yrs on the protocol.It was hell for me. I am doing Core. I also did AI and at 9 mo,clear of all blockages.I did AI with Core and many other things.Including Homeopathy.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Re AI:

If you are not feeling well after completing AI to the point where AI cannot find any more dysregulations, try again and send in another sample with your explanations. Remaining allergies/dysregulations can often be found later on in the lower levels of the onion and corrected.

From my experience, anyone who really has been ill for along time, 9 months of AI is not satsifactory. This is especially true of people who have done other therapies alongside AI when testing for AI becomes difficult.

Doing KPU while still hiding a number of allergies and blockages is difficult.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Thanks GIGI. For the first time in yrs I am starting to have positives.So something is working finally. [Smile]
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Terminator:
what KPU are you guys talking about? I thought it was kryptopyrroluria.

Yes, but when we say KPU, we're usually talking about the protocol to correct it.

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

HPU or KPU

www.hputest.nl

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought KPU was something that had to be done for life if you have it?

Can it increase "bug" symptoms?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you balance diet, lifestyle and the correct treatment many chronic issues can be undone. If you are low in zinc due to KPU, you can find yourself too little in copper eventually after treating for an extended period of time. There are no absolutes. It becomes very important to just build the right balance. The problem is finding health care prationers who can coach or help guide you in that direction.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2148 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Kryptopylurria - KPU

"Kryptopylurria (KPU) is a frequent co-factor in patients with: 1) heavy metals toxicity (detox pathways are overwhelmed and ineffective, lack of glutathione); 2) Lyme disease (microbes induce KPU enzymes to deplete white cells of zinc and weaken their fighting abilities); 3) Many -if not most neurological illnesses (common in MS, Parkinson, Depression, Autism)."

"Most of the autistic children are cases of Lyme disease contracted congenitally," said Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt of Washington.

He also stated that almost all of his Lyme patients have kryptopyrroluria (KPU). "There are 300 enzymes that are zinc dependent," Dr. Klinghardt explained. "The bugs figured out to block one of these enzymes to make you pee out your zinc and disarm your immune system. It is genius! It is one of the bugs' molecular mechanisms that has not been found yet, but we know they can do it. If you do not have zinc, the body substitutes cadmium or lead or aluminum or mercury. When the substitution is made, the person becomes highly toxic". Autistic kids have a difficult time mobilizing mercury. And according to Dr. Klinghardt this is happening in many individuals throughout the world.

About Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D. Ph.D.

Dr. Klinghardt has been the pioneer of many detoxification strategies and is considered one of the world's leading authorities in this rapidly advancing field. He was Elected Physician Of The Year 2007 by the International College of Integrative Medicine for his deep understanding of chronic disease. Dr Klinghardt has been a pioneer in helping those with toxicity for over 30 years and has devised many protocols to assist in its elimination using both natural

wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can one do KPU without Dr. K's supervision? Can someone please give a link as to where to start? How come my llmd never mentioned this?
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

wtl, go here. There used to be a full KPU explanation and protocol by Dr. K. on the internet. You will find the shorter explanation here. Go to www.betterhealthguy.com for more info.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uablF1y5HXcJ:planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/+kpu+klinghardt&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

don't miss looking into this - it is major. But from my experience, do not do KPU without first eliminating the major allergies via www.allergie-immun.de KPU feels nasty if you are still allergic to toxic metals, and the elimination of these allergies/dysregulation does not take long at all (with the first bottle that you would get if you started the AI therapy).

Take care.

wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, GiGi. I am in the process of getting AI going forward.
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump - any other experiences with KPU, specifically, has it helped you and what kind of reactions are you having?

On just a low dose of zinc, I'm noticing metals moving around like crazy.

Posts: 637 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you are taking binders. Moving them around is not good unless they are exiting.

We use bentonite clay, chlorella, diatomaceous earth, detox foot pads, detox baths and foot baths, an infrared sauna...

I am using DMSA myself, around the clock, as described in "Amalgam Illness." I just started my second, three day course today.

We are also using parastroy along with HPU...

I did a hair test through doctor's data on my son's hair and lots of mercury is coming out. This is encouraging.

I believe that it will help. We are only 4 weeks into the treatment. Still adding and adjusting according to muscle testing results.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mom, what's your dose of DMSA?
Posts: 637 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking 100mg every 4 hours, round the clock. I usually feel quite ill at about the 2-3 hour point and sometimes I start to feel a little better just before it is time to take the next dose.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Bump ... still looking for more info on this. So far everyone says doing the protocol is horrible, but the question is -- do people come out the other side saying it was "worth it." A few here seem to think so. Wanting to hear from more people. Worth it? Lyme symptoms / infections more treatable? Six, are you still getting viruses a lot?
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan-- you should just get tested. Its not a hard test to take-- urine sample and its not too expensive. I test for everything like this otherwise you end up wasting money and time treating for things you might not even have. Give your LLMD a call, test takes like a week to get back.
Posts: 841 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.