LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how fast do u slide back due ABx brake?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how fast do u slide back due ABx brake?
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey folks,

sry that im doin so much posts at the moment, i can't really figure out what is goin on at the moment, the search wasn's successful too...

my liver enzymes are a little bit to high so my llmd said that i should do 1 week mono flagyl.

i will start that tomorrow.. but:

since i stopped my babesia meds on friday my brain is going crazy.. yesterday was an awful day.. i had these strange psychoflashes.. derealization etc.. today the same thing.. on my third ABx free day..

now im asking myself, how fast do u slideback when u do a abx break??! im treating since april 2009 constantly with little breaks (1 week for example).

greetz

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camp Other
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it varies for people, and won't be surprised to hear different lengths of time based on what coinfections they have, which Borrelia have infected them, how long they have been infected, and other factors.

In my case, I was bitten and very ill at first and was on antibiotics for nearly two years when I went off of them and was able to return to work full time. I was nearly at my pre-Lyme health without antibiotics for almost a year before I went back to work, then over the course of several months of full time work my health began to deteriorate.

I'm now too fatigued to work and often in pain. I can lie back and type or write and some of my brain fog has cleared with Babesia treatment, but I still get fatigued even when I try to intensely think about something or engage in prolonged discussions with people.

I don't know how it is for other people, but talking is more tiring than online chat, and writing an email or blog post is harder than just reading something. It'd be interesting to see where people's experiences overlap with this.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If youre already having more symptoms get back on the meds ASAP. It means its getting worse and time is very precious. Liver enzymes can be above the normal range and you can still be ok. Mine were high for almost a year and it wasn't a big deal.

If you went off meds, and are feeling worse then go back on right away!

Posts: 841 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulR2006
Member # 25519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulR2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been off abx for about 4 weeks now and my symptoms have been creeping back. I was symptom free for two months prior to stopping. [Frown] I hate this f'n illness. I treated for 9 months without missing a day and now I'm back to the drawing board.

Don't get too discouraged because there are other people fighting the same fight as you. Good luck to you!

Paul

Posts: 43 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SashaC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SashaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped abx after my symptoms were almost gone, besides a little headache that would come and go.

If I could take that back, I would. Stopping meds was the worst mistake I have ever made.

A few days of a drug break when you are overwhelmed with sx is ok, IMO and that of my former LLMD.

I use 1 or 2 days sometimes to relieve herxes. On those days I take benadryl and never stop my supplements. Any more time than that, and I am back to retreating everything from square one.

Posts: 151 | From SW US | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty darn fast for me...and stopping antibiotics completely is likely behind my recent seizures, too...

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.