LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » POLL: Most effective treatment for you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: POLL: Most effective treatment for you?
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can everyone share their top few treatments that have helped them the most? As much detail as possible would be helpful.

The goal of this poll is to get a fast, easy snapshot of what people consider to be working for them.

Mine are:

1) Antibiotics

2) Rife/electromagnetic therapies

3) MMS

4) Metal chelation

5) Exercise, diet, etc.

6) Immune supporting therapies including LDN, marshall protocol.

Looking forward to other responses!

Posts: 637 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Bionic 880

2) Parasite treatment with herbals (Humaworm, enula)

3) Detox (Dr. Natura, Hulda Clark liver cleanse, coffee enemas, heavy metals)

4) Exercise/diet

5) Sleep and rest

6) Vitamins/minerals

Not in any order, all were important in my treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lada
Member # 32618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Adequate sleep and rest
2. Proper diet and lots of water with lemon
3. Suppliments
4. Epsom salt baths and clay
5. In my case going slow with oral abx.
6. Staying as active as possible

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kd888
Member # 29652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kd888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABX: Ceftin, Mepron, Azith

High aerobic exercise 3-4 days a week (tennis for me) once my hangover/brainfog/head pressure went away.

GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP !!!

Detox baths

Lemon water

Mega probiotics (preventative)

Screaming into a pillow on the bad days !!!! LOL

Positive outlook. Nay nay, Lyme Disease !!

Posts: 29 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Integrative Treatment - Intensive and Scheduled every day with IV ABX and IV Alternative Infection Treatments and IV Immune Supportive Treatments and Supplements and Sleep and Good Rest/Low Stress/As Many Smiles as Possible and Detox Detox Detox (Cold Laser Lymph Drainage/Ozone Saunas/Coffee Enemas/Ionic Foot Baths/Salt Baths/ Dry Body Scrubs/Water and Water with Lemon/Clean Stripped Down Diet/Bentonite Clay/List goes on and on)

Balance Detox with Killing protocols so that no build up of toxins occurs during treatment.

All inclusive and all at once is what broke the history of being stuck and not able to even treat this disease .. period Had to break through the disease for me. I thought i was doing enough of all the above until I pushed harder and harder and did things more completely and consistently and longer and harder.

I have said this many times here. I think Many times we are doing the right things but we may not have crossed that line where it is affective or enough for us to break through the barriers our body has set up and its like a war. Got to keep charging and charging until you do break through and you win

You will know it. Its an amazing feeling and our bodies can be changed and altered through the process. I do not react to the same way at all after this big process i endured than before I went through it. Things I thought I never could tolerate or use or benefit from before are completely now doable and workable and helpful. I have a different body now that is working differently and better..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Antibiotics, antimalarials, antifungals and antiparasitics a la ILADS/Burrascano Guidelines - No amount of treatment or lifestyle modification budged my illness until I took multiple, high-dose antibiotics and herxed

2. Diet to manage blood sugar, allergies, and inflammation

3. Sleep - I attribute much of my recovery to overcoming my severe and longstanding state of sleep deprivation (D-ribose is my personal miracle)

4. Herbs and Supplements - Trying new ones and sticking with what works for me

5. Infrared Sauna - I feel 100% on sauna days - amazing

6. Exercise - for stress relief, wellbeing and immune system recovery

7. A good marriage to another Lyme patient - Come over and join us on the couch! Dogs welcome!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Anti-malarials,anti-malarials, ant-malarials and antibiotics, which includes a good LLMD who prescribes at doses high enough.

2. Supplements; Oxy-powder, Vit D3 at high doses, ALA, systemic enzymes, apple pectin and LDN.

3. Trusting my own gut instincts and corroborating with energy or electrodermal testing.

4. Detoxing, detox and detox

5. My most recent find is Detoxamin for biofilm busting.

6. Rest

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bailey, can you please give more info on the detoxamin? I googled it, but two different products came up, by two different brands. One was liquid and the other was powder...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Borellia - doxy followed by Ketek. The Ketek did wonders.

Bartonella - Levaquin but had to quit because of tendonitis
Bactrim DS with zithro cleared up the rest

Babesia Duncani - Mepron/zithro was a crawl. I relapsed
Malarone/zithro somewhat better
Coartem very quick results that I still maintain

I am much better after the two rounds of Coartem I used between Malarone/zithro. I will continue this protocol hoping to eventually wipe it out.

I have no borellia flares at all. Maybe some bart and ehrlichia is lingering. Hope not but wouldn't doubt I need more treatment.

I am on a whole foods low glycemic index diet with small amounts of chicken and fish - no red meat. I never eat sugar, potatoes, regular bread, processed or refined foods. Never drink or smoke. I get plenty of sleep. I exercise daily - ride horses, garden or build things. My family is supportive.

Supplement were important for two years but not any more because my diet is so strict.
But I always relapse in winter so this year I will start vitamin D in the fall. It would be theraputic to get some real sun!

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://detoxamin.com/

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you may have to redefine effective : )

Antibiotics sent a ton of bacteria into cyst form for me and made me feel really good. How effective was that in long run though? Not very.

1) Rife
2) Anti-parasitics
3) Magnesium
4) Buhner Herbs
5) Exercise
6) Diet

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kx90
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Lack of stress, worry of any kind
2. Fun, complete relaxation.
3. Belief/goals
4. Work
5. Sleep (and lots of it!)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Rocephin
2) Sun
3) Sleep
4) Vit C

Unfortunately I crashed badly some time ago and have not recovered yet.

Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are all so different... amazing what works for some and not others.
Posts: 637 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.