LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Florinef. A big No No right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Florinef. A big No No right?
outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my regular doc is demanding i take this, it's a corticosteroid. isn't that a no no?
Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of people can't take it, I'm one of them.
Some people do well on it.

Look up the side effects.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's not a corticosteroid, it's a mineral corticoroid. ANd it's essential for many of us, if we don't want to pass out every time we are upright!! If you need it, it can make a huge difference.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take it if you can't tolerate upright position. I do and it helps, though only slightly, but I'll do anything even for minimal improvement.

Mineralcortical steriods are very important to your body. Your adrenal gland may not be making enough.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was supposed to take it but it made me puff up and then made me ravenously hungry. I couldn't stand it and stopped the drug.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that mean that taking adrenal support will help? I'm concerned that if I take one of the herbal or homeopathic adrenal support formulas, it will cause my body to produce _more_ adrenaline; it's when I produce adrenaline that I have a terrible reaction.

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For people taking Florinef, what were you issues with standing up?

For me, if I'm on my feet for 30 minus or so my heart starts pumping and blood pressure goes up, needless to say I have to sit and eat something.

I'm wondering did anyone have similar symptoms?

I think I prob. should give Florineh a try...

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My issues were I couldn't stand without fee like I was going to pass out, I have passed out, racing heart, confusion, sweating.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on Florinef now? To what extent / how did it improve your quality of life?

--------------------

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chootik, Florinef is to RAISE your blood pressure, in general, or to raise it because it DROPS while standing.

You shouldn't take it if it goes up when your stand. I'm no doctor, but I think they prescribe beta blockers or calcium channel blockers for your condition.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys.

Rivendell, my problem is that my blood pressure normall is already on the low side so taking Beta Blockers would make it worse.

My pressure only goes up after standing for a while or if I haven't eaten in a few hours. IT's probably adrenal and dehydration issue that has to be fixed.

Prob. Florinef would be the thing for me as you say. But it seems to be helpful to people.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Did you read where someone was saying that if you clear the kidney and liver channels, this improves?

I'm starting there.

--------------------

Rivendell
Member # 19922

I'm sure my whole body needs a cleanse.
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Chootik,

You might try increasing your salt and water intake first. That helps to increase blood volume and blood pressure, and for many that is all they need to do.

But if you use Florinef, it will raise your blood pressure, so the standing would increase it even more with your condition, I would think.

do you see a cardiologist? They may know the best approach.

Perhaps the cleanse that canbravelyme mentions would help.

I'm getting off the computer now. I'm getting dizzy.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Thanks Riverndell.

Taking electrolytes but I think I need to take more water too.

I just feel my whole system is out of whack! I think I am low on a lot of the minerals will order a multi-mineral supplement that used to make me feel really good, I should start taking it again.

Working on liver detox now. I have to up it probably.

The funny thing is I saw the Cardiologist last week but totally forgot to mention this. I had a sharp pain in the back by the left shoulder blade so went to get that looked at and forgot to mention this. He is really not very caring so probably would just shrug his shoulders and say I'm fine!!

Anyways, Merry Christmas to you too.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement