LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What happens to the dead spirochetes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What happens to the dead spirochetes
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the dead spirochetes stay in your body, or do they deteriorate over time? Do particles come loose and float around in your body for years? Does anybody even know what happens concerning this?

I have been trying to drink more water to flush my kidneys and blood stream. I don't know if that helps or not.

Any ideas?

SG

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Considered as other metabolic waste, ushered out through our organs of detoxification: liver; kidneys; colon . . . .

Antioxidants (from foods and supplements) can also sort of "gobble up" some metabolic waste throughout the body. There are others who can better explain that.

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/one-earth-herbal-sourcebook/

The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook (Tillotson, et.al.) and search "kidney" for more detail.

Advanced Google Search phrase: How the Kidneys Work

*** It's best to NEVER "FLUSH" the kidneys as that can overwhelm them. ****

Just keep the water at a good consistent pace throughout the day. No floods.

Too much water can be as damaging as too little, regarding kidney stress.

For many here 3 quarts a day (maybe up to a gallon at times) is about the average, most of that being water (none being soda of any kinds but various low caffiene teas can be nice in moderation).

To help kidneys, (and liver, too), eating plenty of whole foods really matters so that you have a good amount of waste going through the colon.

Antioxidants are key from all colors of the plant world. Their fiber is key to our ability to move through toxins. Our colon health is directly related to our kidney health.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, I don't drink anywhere near a gallon. I just try to reach the 8 glasses a day scenario. I only drink water, all the time.

I wonder how long the process is to eliminate all this waste?

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Talk to your LLMD about how much water is best for YOUR body, with your meds, your load, etc.

I can't survive with less that 3 quarts and often really need a full gallon spread out during the day.

Some do okay with less. Some can't handle that much. But, 8 glasses for someone going through a toxic infection may not be enough. Unless you are getting other water with green teas and soups, too.

Q: I wonder how long the process is to eliminate all this waste?

Lifelong. It's just part of living. The kidneys never stop working for us.

If you are talking about just getting out "dead spirochetes" as long as good liver, kidney, colon support and ENOUGH good whole foods are all part of any chosen protocol,

the waste should be clearing out all along the way and by the time someone reaches a good solid remission, they would be back to regular function with the daily metabolic waste being handled normally. Still good support is always important.
-

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

I guess I had this picture in my mind of particles of dead spirochetes floating around and around in my body for years to come. It just seems so gross to think about. Since they drill deep into our tissue, I wondered if they just stuck there until such time as they possibly disolved.
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Oh yeah, the reason I even thought about this, is that a little over a year ago I had a DVT, and wondered if junk in my blood contributed to it.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
DVT being ?
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
DVT being Deep venous thrombosis?

"junk" in the blood can relate in that with lyme, the blood is often thicker but not sure of the exact reasons for that.

Your LLMD should be aware of the fibrinogen issues and "thicker" blood for many with lyme. There are several different support methods to help. Heparin is on Rx approach.

Hypercoagulation, inflammation also relate. When the body is inflammed, everything is just going to get a bit stuck. Support methods can help but, ultimately, infection resolution can turn things around.
-

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

I have been on coumadin for a little over a year, but if all is well, will be getting off of it next month. I was hoping that my blood had changed since I have been in remission from Lyme Disease for 4 months.
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sutherngrl:

I wonder how long the process is to eliminate all this waste?

...a little over a year ago I had a DVT, and wondered if junk in my blood contributed to it.

Eliminating the waste is ongoing.
The liver will detoxify any poisons it finds in the blood, including the waste from dead bacteria.

You can help your body by taking things that will help the liver to make glutathione, which detoxifies the wastes, and puts them into the bile.
The bile drips into the small intestine and will saponify fats, or break fats up into tiny globules so that the body can absorb them.

The bile colors the stool brown, and the wastes are excreted in the stool.

You can help the liver by taking
Magnesium
Fish oil
Whey, for amino acids
Acetyl l-carnitine
Alpha lipoic acid
Milk thistle

If you had a DVT, or deep vein thrombosis, you have too much fibrin in your blood, causing hypercoagulation.
The body's immune system makes fibrin as a response to a systemic, or bodywide, infection.

A prominent LLMD found that 90% of his Lyme patients had hypercoagulation.

Symptoms of hypercoagulation include headache, pain, brain fog, irritable bowel, blood clots.
You can reduce this with systemic enzymes.

I realize that you're not going to take systemic enzymes just because I said this.
It took me some time to realize what they were and how they could help.

In your case, taking a pharmaceutical quality fish oil should help.
Here is one:
Minami Nutrition, MorEPA Fish Oil
EPA....580 mg per softgel

http://www.iherb.com/Minami-Nutrition-MorEPA-Supercritical-Omega-3-Fish-Oil-Orange-Flavor-60-Softgels/10902

See the list of ingredients and the reviews.
Amazon has vendors with better prices.
http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Minami-MorEPA-Softgels/dp/B0019LWIW2/

Posts: 6910 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

I will be taking aspirin which makes your blood less sticky, vitamin E which thins the blood and I was thinking of fish oil also.

Of course I need to be careful, not to take too many supplements that thin my blood too much. I plan on getting my blood checked after doing this regimen for about a month.

I am very nervous about getting off coumadin, yet I don't want to be on it either. Having a blood clot was very scary, and a long recuperation. I also have a possible constricted vein, and I was on hormones at the time. So I think it was a combination of things that led to the clot.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to avoid another clot : read about serra peptase and nattokinase - check out reviews at iherb

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found out I have thrombophlebitis from my hematologist that confirmed I have high clotting factors and mthfr. [Frown]

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.