LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested and have questions.
Thanks to all that post here with your experiences and your words/offers of help.

I looked into mHBOT about a year ago - tried to find a place near me to try a few dives.

I remember reading something about a side effect of cataracts? That scared me off a bit.

Thoughts/questions about a home unit:

I am extremely chemical sensitive - do the units smell? The portable units are a kind of fabric?

The system is the chamber, oxygen of some kind and a compressor? My ears are so sound sensitive - wondering if I could tolerate the noise?

I have head pressure and recently eye pressure (an eye herx from Rocephin?). Also allergies and/or respiratory infections* and am usually congested. My right ear seems to always feel congested. A no-go for mHBOT?

*I have the immune deficiency CVID - which means respiratory issues. I just started seeing an allergist/new immuno about allergies and IVIG/SCIG. (I do SubQ Gamma).

It's a problem having CVID and Lyme - I always feel bad - but cannot tell if I am having alleriges, a cold/flu or a bacterial respiratory infection.

A poster on this thread brought up the subject of Lymie's not getting colds. I had forgotten about that.

Also some folks that have an ID don't show the outward symptoms - like lots of sneezing and coughing.

I am gearing up to see the allergist/immuno for a follow-up next week. I told him I have Lyme and he did not poo-poo that at all.

When I saw him my eyes were in bad shape - blepharitis. He made a comment that with my ID my immune system might not make the "pus" commonly seen in people with healthy immune systems that excrete copious amount of yellowish pus when they have blepharitis/conjuncitivis.

I thought that was interesting. He also mentioned the inflammation in the eye was from the toxins the bacteria secretes.

I went to see him thinking allergies - because of clear thick discharge from my eyes.

Point: Atypical symptoms presenting when one has Lyme and/or CVID.

I have not had a cold in years - since Lyme Dx. Or maybe I have had one - just feel awful - but no sneezing. Because my immune system is not mounting a response?

So.......mHBOT is helping folks with their immune system and Lyme?

Curious if doing mHBOT for Lyme would help with other infections?

Sorry have written so much - when I get tired - I get wordy..........

I am seriously thinking about trying then buying a unit for myself. If it is not too loud and chemical smelling. And if I can figure out why I have nasal and ear congestion. As no mHBOT with ear congestion, right?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Undermethylated-high histamine.

Genetically and/or pathogen triggered.

Due to your respiratory issues, HBOT may be too risky for you.

That's not to say you can't go a different route...Rife.

A very healthy diet and exercise (AS TOLERATED!) is important too.

Listening (with headphones) to the CD I linked (not expensive) may help too.

If serotonin IS the key (and I believe it is - read my post yesterday - 12/8)...we may have a problem systemically.

Excess serotonin in the gut = N/V. Zofran blocks it.

If Bb is in the gut...we desperately need Tritec (Rantinidine Bismuth Citrate) which rids all forms of Bb in the gut...all forms.

Rantinidine is Zantac. Bismuth citrate is NOT Pepto Bismol.

I believe Tritec is still available in Europe and could certainly be compounded in the U.S. with a prescription from a doctor.

Oddly...a lot of serotonin is made in the area of the bowel where our appendix is.

Skim this abstract (appendix-serotonin) here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19132991

The above will give you insight re: serotonin-inflammation.

I've said over and over...we have to tame down inflammation AND hit Bb.

Posts: 9401 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
susanK...

To answer some of your questions...

--Maturing of pre-existing cataracts and myopia (usually reversible) is more of a risk with higher pressures and 100% medical grade oxygen as often used in clinical settings, but have not been associated with the lower pressures used with home chambers.

--New chambers, masks, and tubing do smell and can be effectively off-gassed for sensitive people. Used chambers are available, as are ceramic and stainless steel masks.

--The compressor and oxygen concentrator do make noise, but there is a sound dampener inside the chamber, and it is more of a "white noise" inside. Once up to pressure, you can wear noise-cancelling headphones if necessary.

--Yes, one of the many benefits of mHBOT is to increase and modulate the immune response, as well as release stem cells. By normalizing the body's immune response, it has a broad effect. It also has a direct effect on pathogens, inflammation, hypoperfusion, etc.

--You must be able to clear your ears to equalize the pressure when "diving". If you have congestion that prevents this, you must either wait until it clears, or if it is chronic, there are other methods people have used successfully. It becomes less of an issue for most people as they do more mHBOT.

--You will need a prescription/clearance from your doctor to buy a chamber. I would also suggest doing a few sessions first to learn how to clear your ears and see how your ears adjust.

If you PM me, I will give you information on possible locations near you where you can do a few sessions, and also information on options and discounts for renting or buying a home chamber, etc.

I also have lots of resources for you to read, if you like. A good starting point is "The Oxygen Revolution", by Dr. Paul Harch. Also, here is a link to a short, animated video that describes how hyperbaric oxygen therapy works in general:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcSQQCzi1yg

Posts: 1475 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know when my wife was doing HBOT and felt at all stuffy she would take Claritan about 30 minutes before dive.
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone notice Excessive dreaming on mHBOT? or am I crazy??? I mean every night since...
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I understand it, more REM (dream-state) sleep is a sign that your brain has access to more oxygen...and cerebral blood flow...

REM sleep burns more fuel (oxygen/glucose), and there has to be enough fuel "on board" to attain this state:

"...REM sleep time is strongly reduced by hypoxic and increased by hyperoxic atmosphere, in accordance with the existence of an O2 diffusion limitation. Any pathological decrease in arterial PO2 and/or O2 delivery creates a specific risk in REM sleep..."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11382905

I remember lots of bizarre brain "trips" (both awake and during sleep) as my brain was awakening and knitting back together. I would have phases of enhanced creativity and imagination, as well as memories I hadn't recalled in decades. Then, this state would "normalize", and another phase would begin.

In retrospect, it makes sense that the circuits were being reconnected...

Posts: 1475 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I've never had a problem with dreaming over the last several years, I mean I tend to dream a lot, its actually quite exhilarating and many times I go to bed thinking - "hmm I wonder what am I gonna dream about tonight" as though looking forward to it..
since starting the HBOT I haven't noticed dreaming any more than usual

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a great deal of evidence that acetylcholine is associated with REM sleep.

For example,

release of ACh in the cortex is highest during waking and REM sleep,

and

lowest during delta sleep.

Further, drugs that act as ACh agonists increase REM, and

antagonists decrease REM.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ORYUsxkBVNMJ:http://web.mst.edu/~rhall/neuroscience/03_sleep/sleepneuro.pdf

More benefits of HBOT:

Plasma AOPP (advanced oxidation protein products ) levels were lowered significantly

after fifteen consecutive HBOT sessions (between-day variations).

***Decreased AOPP levels*** suggest that increased oxygenation of tissues due to HBO therapy may activate some endogenous
factors that prevent hazardous effects of the disease itself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16787595

Advanced oxidation protein products (AOPP) are defined as

***dityrosine containing cross-linked protein products***

and are reflect oxidized protein damage.

AOPP has been used extensively as biomarkers of inflammation and oxidative stress.

Several studies have been shown that AOPP levels are increased in many pathological conditions such as diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease, coronary artery disease, Behçet's disease.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3nnITVjdqJoJ:http://www.jns.dergisi.org/text.php3%3Fid%3D682

Results also revealed the prevalence of dityrosine crosslinks in amyloid plaques in brain tissue and in cerebrospinal fluid from AD patients.

Aβ dimers may be stabilized by dityrosine crosslinking.

These results indicate that dityrosine cross-links may play an important role in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease and

can be generated by reactive oxygen species

***catalyzed by Cu2+ ions.***

The observation of increased Aβ and dityrosine in CSF from AD patients suggests that this could be used as a potential biomarker of oxidative stress in AD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3880074/

Copper:

However, TMA studies have revealed that tissue copper levels are

above normal in patients with osteoarthritis.

This can be explained by the calcium-copper-vitamin D relationship discussed later.

Generally speaking, we find that

copper deficiency causes a disturbance in cellular
immunity,

while copper excess causes a disturbance in

humoral immunity." = Th2.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w52nZ4jMR_oJ:http://www.traceelements.com/Docs/The%2520Nutritional%2520Relationships%2520of%2520Copper.pdf

(Sidenote: Wilson's disease = bipolar trigger is caused by high copper levels. Genetic transporter problem -> AD.)

Humoral immunity, also called the ***antibody-mediated*** beta cellularis immune system.

Humoral immunity refers to antibody production and the accessory processes that accompany it, including:

Th2 activation and cytokine production,

germinal center formation and isotype switching, affinity maturation and

memory cell generation.

Wikipedia.

Zn-Cu balance...Zinc down, copper up.

NORMALLY women have more copper than zinc (men the opposite) because it is used to make an enzyme called

DAO which blocks histamine in foods (H2).

That enzyme goes up a LOT (!!!) during pregnancy because excess histamine is toxic to a fetus.

Tritec to rid all forms of Bb in the gut contains rantinidine (= Zantac = H2 blocker) + bismuth citrate (is NOT Peptol Bismol)

A really good link follows:

http://www.positivehealth.com/article/skincare/atopic-eczema-help-for-sufferers

Generally speaking Bb's OspA triggers IFN-A not IFN y (interferon alpha, not interferon gamma).

"If an invader triggers a TH1 immune response then these molecules are predominantly triggered:

• Interluken-2 (IL-2), Interluken 12 (Il-12) , gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) and IgA (Immunoglobulin type A), amongst others;

For a predominantly TH2 immune response, these molecules are activated for defence:

• Interlukens (IL)4, 5, 6, 10, alpha interferon (IFN-alpha), IgE (Immunoglobulin type E) and IgG.

See where our first response to Bb was Th2 via IFNa and not IFNy = Th1?

Ascorbic acid lowers Cu. Timed release vitamin C (in gelatin capsules) may help. NOT Na + vitamin C. If zinc is low and copper is high, to restore a balance we need to raise zinc and lower copper.

Remember how that is the "formula" Zn+ vit C to help prevent colds (viruses)?

A Novel ***Copper Chelate*** Modulates Tumor Associated Macrophages to Promote Anti-Tumor Response of T Cells

The use of the product mentioned above ->

"not only allowed strong Th1 response marked by generation of ***high levels of IFN-γ*** but also reduced activation induced T cell death."

"Our results show the potential usefulness of CuNG in immunotherapy of drug-resistant cancers through reprogramming of TAMs that in turn

reprogram the T cells and reeducate the T helper function to

elicit proper anti-tumorogenic Th1 response

leading to effective reduction in tumor growth."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TUMGRYU6fooJ:http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article%3Fid%3D10.1371/journal.pone.0007048

If you've followed my serotonin links...

These results imply that

copper reduces N-acetyltransferase activity,

which results in a

***decrease in N-acetyl serotonin synthesis.***

But...

Melatonin when coadministered with copper appears to

prevent the N-acetyltransferase inhibition by copper.

Copper exerts contradictory effects on 5-methoxytryptophol synthesis.

Further investigations need to be carried out to examine the effects of copper on the pineal enzymes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11769332

The substrates for IDO (the enzyme that makes tryptophan -> KYN (too much KYN)

include serotonin AND melatonin et al.

Eliminate one substrate...melatonin via "light" and up goes tryptophan -> protective serotonin.

" Direct evidence has also been provided that serotonin is capable of releasing acetylcholine from the Auerbach plexus.

It is very likely that serotonin stimulates ganglion cells, which in fact leads to firing and, consequently, to an increase of acetylcholine release from the nerve terminals."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/650204

There are a LOT more benefits to HBOT which I will post later with links.

Posts: 9401 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purple haze...

Your dreaming experience is the exact same as mine. I also often wonder where my dreams will take me.

I would say that ever since in contracted Lyme my dreaming has intensified. But no noticeable change since using mhbot.

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input...y'all. I found all posts fascinating! Phoiph, that is so interesting that you had weird head "phases" because I do feel like something is happening upstairs, just not sure if it is for the better yet or not!

I wonder if I dream more because I normally dive before bedtime? When do the rest of you dive?

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dive around 4:30pm each day
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy loxy...

I realize you are just beginning mHBOT...but am wondering if the quality of your sleep has changed (for better or worse)?

Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching this thread for awhile and will be starting mhbot in January; thank you for sharing your journeys. I just bought my oxygen concentrator and have been using it daily. Excited to begin.
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Phoiph, I would say I am not sleeping with such a "dead" sort of sleep, I used to have... but I am not having trouble sleeping.

Since becoming sick I go to sleep... BOOM!! Fast! now with mHBOT I dream... one thing after the next in almost A.D.D fashion!

I would say mHBOT makes me sleepy/tired. That is why I do it before bedtime.

Welcome Jolley! We do have quite the diving group! I hope mHBOT helps you! [Smile]

Marnie
Member # 773

I hope this has not already been posted:

"Lyme disease is the most commonly reported vector-borne illness in the United States, but it is relatively rare in Taiwan.

Lyme disease can be treated with antibiotic agents, but approximately 20% of these patients experience persistent or intermittent subjective symptoms, so-called chronic Lyme disease (CLD).

The mechanisms of CLD remain unclear and the symptoms related to CLD are difficult to manage.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) was applied in CLD therapy in the 1990s. However, reported information regarding the effectiveness of HBOT for CLD is still limited.

Here, we present a patient with CLD who was successfully treated with HBOT."

I can't post link because of ( ) in the link. See if you can find it using words in the quote above.

Does HBOT "compete" with Bb's nitrite reductase -> toxic NO (to Bb) versus Bb using nitrite reductase -> nitrate (Doxy inhibits!)-> ammonia?

Deoxyhemoglobin triggers

nitrite reduction to nitric oxide normally, but Bb "steals" and uses nitrite.

Cytochrome c nitrite reductase is a bacterial enzyme that catalyzes the six electron reduction of nitrite to ammonia; an important step in the biological nitrogen cycle.

The enzyme catalyses the second step in the
two step conversion of nitrate to ammonia, which

allows certain bacteria to use nitrite as a terminal electron acceptor, rather than oxygen, during anaerobic conditions.

Wikipedia

Bb - NapA

Transcripts of genes that encode proteins containing iron-sulfur clusters or iron, including NapA (nitrite reductase)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6YY7Hp-BhZUJ:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2164/10/481

Copper and iron are involved.

Collectively, these data strongly support a central role of ***NapA in promoting both Treg response and immune suppression in the CSF of patients with chronic Lyme borreliosis***

and suggest that NapA and the Treg pathway may represent novel therapeutic targets for the prevention and treatment of the disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24355226

Treg = T regulatory cells. Often high, but not always!

Tregs were depleted by ***PC61 antibody*** in nephrotic mice treated with M(2a) or M(2c).
(Treg = T regulatory)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23636175 2013

PC61 mAb (anti-murine CD25 rat IgG1).

Treg depletion diminished the superior effects of M(2c) compared to M(2a) in protection against renal injury, inflammatory infiltrates, and renal fibrosis. Thus, M(2c) are more potent than M(2a) macrophages in protecting against renal injury due to their ability to induce Tregs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23636175 2013

M2a and M2c are upregulated via HBOT.

In Lupus,

Further, apparently *reduced populations of M2a and M2c* subtype macrophages may contribute to the lack of anti-inflammatory activity apparent in the disease.

M2b subtype macrophages may actually have a role in causing disease directly.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XfwYFNHWmnUJ:http://www.discoverymedicine.com/Jacob-Orme/2012/02/23/macrophage-subpopulations-in-systemic-lupus-erythematosus/

HBO upregulates IL4 & IL-10 (M2a and M2c respectively) and - immune response anti-inflammatory

which down-regulates pro-inflammatory species IL-1β, IL-2, IL-6, tumor necrosis factor-α, interferon-γ (M1), matrix metalloproteinase-9, nitric oxide synthase, myeloperoxidase, and reactive oxygen species.

http://www.hypermed.com.au/Clinical%20Research/Spinal%20Cord%20Injury%20Hyperbaric%20Oxygenation.htm

Colorful picture here to compare the above quote with:

http://brainimmune.com/stress-induced-%CE%B22-adrenoceptor-mediated-m2-macrophage-polarization-promoting-tumor-growth-in-a-mouse-model-of-breast-cancer/

To "see" where HBOT is working...what it promotes and what it inhibits.

Koco800
Member # 47160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koco800   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I am starting mild hyperbaric therapy. I got Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and who knows what else in 2004. I've seen a few LLMDs, but have never gotten totally well. I've tried a lot of antibiotics and other therapies. I got a prescription from my LLMD for a portable home chamber and oxygen concentrator. I'm about a week in, every other day for about 45-50 minutes (trying to take it slow). I may build up to an hour every day. Not much to report so far, but I plan to continue. I'm also still on antibiotics and malarone. I finally learned how to zip the chamber myself, which will make self-treatment easier (it's still pretty hard to zip all the zippers though).

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Welcome, Koco800...

What kind of chamber and oxygen concentrator did you purchase?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to all the Newbies😊

So encouraging to see new posts, experiences and gains.

367 dives to date and today I submitted a resume for a part time job👍. I'm in no hurry and causally looking, mostly word of mouth for now.

Posts: 212 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome koko800. I remember being completly exhausted after zipping myself in. These days when I get down about my health , I get in my chamber and I realize how exhausting it was just to get in. I then stop take a breath and realize I AM making progress. I have not been exhausted from getting in the chamber for a long time. Sometimes the changes are very subtle!
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to buy a regulator for my oxygen tank and try to put that through my chamber. Any ideas? What type of regulator do I get. I think the pure oxygen would increase the efficacy.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koco800
Member # 47160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koco800   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies! I am using the Newtowne 24'' chamber and an Airsep Intensity concentrator...

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Haley...

I'm sure this is possible using an 02 tank, but my concern would be that it may raise the ambient oxygen level inside the chamber enough for there to be greater risk of fire.

In commercial chambers where 100% medical grade oxygen is breathed through a mask (even when the chamber is pressurized with room air), there are restrictions...(e.g., no synthetic clothing, electronics, newspaper, perfumes/hairspray, jewelry, etc.)

I will ask Oxyhealth about it...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Koco800...

An important FYI...

You may already be aware of this, but if you have the AirSep "New Life Intensity" 10 LPM, 20 PSI, you should set it at no more than 8.5 LPM when used with the chamber.

(For explanation, refer to the 2nd post on this page...)

Also...very important to always have your concentrator ON whenever there is pressure in the chamber...otherwise, the backpressure from the chamber will damage it.

S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just set it at 10 LPM and it works fine.

I dont know if american Airseps are different, but my Intensity does not have an on demand feature, so it works continuously up to 10 LPM without problems.

Posts: 319 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi S13...

It may seem to be working fine (and may very well be), but setting the AirSep at 10 while using it with a chamber will shorten the life of the unit.

It is a great unit (the best, in my opinion), but these concentrators were not made to be used with chambers...so running it at 10 combined with the backpressure of the chamber is overworking it.

You may not even know it is going into a pulse/on demand mode to conserve oxygen purity. The technicians might not even tell you that, but the engineers will.

It is unlikely anyone who is resting/laying down in the chamber would breathe 10LPM anyway...so 8 to 8.5 is a better setting that won't sacrifice 02 purity, and will extend the life of your concentrator.

By the way, does your AirSep have a small yellow light (02 monitor/alarm feature) which lights up when you turn it on?

S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it has the small yellow light.
Posts: 319 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

OK...good...it has the 02 monitor/alarm feature...which will sound if the electricity goes out or the 02 purity falls below 80%.

Some AirSep units don't have this feature (they are less expensive) but I don't recommend them for obvious reasons.

Also, even though the purity alarm on your AirSep hasn't sounded (while the unit is set at 10LPM when being used with a chamber), it doesn't guarantee that the unit is not overworking to maintain that purity level (and/or is forced into a demand/pulse mode)...and again, over time, this will shorten the life of the unit.

Other models/manufacturers work differently. The SeQual 10LPM, for example, should be set at 10LPM when used with a chamber. Once the chamber is inflated, the LPM reading will drop to 8...and should be left at that setting throughout the dive. It will rise back to 10 once the chamber is deflated. If someone resets the dial to 10 while the chamber is inflated, however, this will overwork the unit.

Koco800
Member # 47160

Phoiph,
Thanks for the advice. I do have that concentrator. So far I have been setting it at 7. I will most likely move it to 8 tomorrow, but will make sure to stay below 8.5

--------------------

Koco800
Member # 47160

Hey,

I may not remember to update this all the way through treatment, but so far I'm 11 dives in.

I haven't noticed anything huge, except maybe some
weird intestinal changes. I had diarrhea the first two days
after starting hyperbaric...not sure what would have caused
that. No huge symptom relief yet (it's early)...my main lingering issues are neuropathy, anxiety, intermittent insomnia, fatigue....and a lot of other stuff that never resolved with antibiotic treatment

--------------------

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Hi Koko800...

When I first started the treatment made me very gassy for the first few days and then that went away. It's not the exact same issue as you but in the family.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Koco800...

You may have had a chance to read the entire thread yet, but for most of us, the lasting changes happen over an extended period of time.

In my case, it was a few months of daily dives before I noticed the first "shift" (not necessarily an improvement, but a change). It was a 2 step forward, 1 step back process, that eventually led to recovery. Diet and gradual exercise was also crucial.

It helps to keep a log with short daily entries, so you can look back over time and see the changes. It is easy to forget where you came from when you're feeling better, and the changes are gradual.

I also recommend doing periodic videos every three months or so...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I am JOYFUL to report that I am currently in an "up" phase!! I feel like it won't last, BUT! I will say I have NEVER had such an UP as THIS UP!!! I am SOOO excited but trying not to be because I think I will probably crash again!! but I have times when my head just feels GOOD! not better but GOOD!!

I am two months in. It made me sicker at first so I backed way down and started much more gradually. I still am only at an hour and lay the mask under my chin. I am hoping to gradually start breathing in the oxygen a little at a time.

I am feeling so good the last few days I hate to break the waters!!! OH what bliss to have a normal head!! even only for short times!!!

OH, I hope this is working... praying...praying...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy loxy...

Has it really been 2 months already? I'm very glad the gradual approach is working :)

Pleeeeeze continue to go slowly...and try to resist the temptation to over do it (I know how difficult that is when you have a "window").

There will definitely be ups and downs...that is a given...but now you know that you are capable of feeling better, which is a big help, both mentally and physically.

Are you logging?

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph - your PM box is full.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Apologies, SusanK...should be OK now.
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
18 'dives' and LOVING IT!!! I'm working into it slowly, I'm just at 47 minutes without supplemental oxygen. I started noticing subtle signs of improvement after just the first few dives. Very, very excited and encouraged!

If you do Facebook please join the closed (private) mHBOT group I've started. Newbies, pros and might wannabes all welcome. Just type mHBOT in the Facebook search and it should pop right up. No desire to replace this superior and informative resource here! Just thought it'd be fun to have a casual place to post while we are doing our dives. Today I posted a pic of the clip on hanger my husband made for my Wilkie talkie. A couple of us have posted pics of our views from inside our chambers :-). mHBOT mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy is full name of the page, join us!

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Yes Phoiph, 51 dives in. Of course some of those were terribly short and I am currently not using the mask yet!

I can hardly believe how powerful this is even without the mask!!

My Dr. gave me a different mask with a bag that gives more concentrated oxygen. I think I will get used to mine first before trying it.

Don't worry Phoiph, I think I have learned my lesson about too fast! Now I don't want to change anything! [Smile] Thanks for the encouragement!! Means a lot...

I am so EXCITED!!! Toyswalk,I don't have facebook, so be sure to continue to log on here! I want to know how you do!

P.S. Oh and YES I am logging...

toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxy, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Look forward to sharing more improvement updates with you. I check in here a couple times of day to see what's up.

May the force be with you!

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxyloxy...

Is that a "non-rebrether" mask? If so, it requires flow rates of 10-15 liters per minute to keep the bag inflated, which is more than the output of the oxygen concentrator you are using...

If you use it with lower LPM (8.5 LPM is the highest setting at which you should set your AirSep when used with a chamber), you run the risk of the bag on the mask collapsing, and breathing in your own carbon dioxide.

I would definitely bring this up with your doctor (if it is indeed a non-rebrether mask)...

A standard "Hudson" (aka "simple" mask) that covers both your nose and mouth is adequate, and safer for this application...

Haley
Member # 22008

Why do people use a rebreather mask as opposed to a non-rebreather mask? Just curious. Mine has the bag on it.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

The "partial rebreather" and "non-rebreather are both "reservoir" masks (with a bag).

A non-rebreather mask has 1 way valves that prevent the rebreathing of carbon dioxide PROVIDING the flow is high enough (10-15 LPM) to keep the bag at least 1/3 filled with 02. It has to make a tight seal, and if the flow is not adequate and the bag deflates too much, the person could be deprived of oxygen. With proper flow and seal, it can deliver 90-100% 02.

A partial-rebreather mask is similar but has open valves that allow a portion of room air to enter and mix with 02. It also allows rebreathing of some carbon dioxide, which is sometimes necessary in certain illnesses (e.g. COPD) where the person's body requires this "cue" to continue the breathing response. The bag must be kept at leat 1/3 full, and the 02 flow requirement for the non-rebreather mask is 8-12 LPM. With proper flow, it can deliver up 60-90% 02.

People using either reservoir masks require supervision to make sure the bags stay inflated at all times.

The "Simple" or "Hudson" mask does not have a bag...it is just a mask that covers the nose and mouth with holes on the sides to allow carbon dioxide release and mixing of some room air with the 02. The flow requirement is 6-10 LPM, and with proper flow, delivers up to 60% 02.

Although the simple mask may not deliver as high of a percentage of 02 as the reservoir (bag) masks, it is an adequate and much safer option for use with a home hyperbaric chamber...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks toyswalk for the shared camaraderie! [Wink]

Yes, Phoiph, the mask IS a rebreather mask... Shoot! I was excited about it. Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping you would have something to say on the matter! [Smile]

Def. will be asking my Dr. about it. So far I seem to be responding to it anyway so maybe I don't care! Yay! Yay! and Yay! LOVE my tank so far!!!

Haley
Member # 22008

Thank you
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone enlighten me on the difference between a concentrator with single flow versus dual flow and whether or not you need an oxygen monitor?

Thanks!

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

A single flow concentrator has 1 hook up port (for one person), and a dual flow has 2 hook up ports, to accommodate 2 people at the same time.

On a dual flow, the Liters Per Minute (LPM) is also split between the 2 people (in other words, a 10LPM unit will only put out 10LPM regardless of having 2 ports).

A built in oxygen monitor is an essential feature on a concentrator in my opinion, because it will sound an alarm if the purity drops below 80% (on an AirSep) for any reason. (Otherwise, how would you know there was a problem?)

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph,

Just for clarity purposes, some concentrators have a green light on them also. I have two that don't have the light but have the alarm. Are you saying to just have the alarm as a minimum or the light also. In addition, you can take the concentrator to many local oxygen providers and they will put a gauge on them to tell you what your unit is producing.

Posts: 91 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jcarl...

Different manufacturers have different lights and audible alarm indicators.

The AirSep New Life Intensity 10LPM, if equipped with the oxygen monitor feature, has a yellow light and audible alarm if 02 levels drop beneath a preset level. When the unit is first turned on and is warming up, the alarm sounds briefly, and the yellow light will come on. It will go off when the unit has reached the desired 02 levels.

The SeQual Integra 10LPM, if equipped with the oxygen monitor feature, has a green, yellow, red light, and audible alarm.

While warming up, all 3 lights will come on and the alarm will sound briefly, then the red and yellow lights will go off when the unit reaches optimum 02 levels.

At normal operating 02 levels, the green light is activated. At slightly lower than normal levels, the yellow light will come on (but no audible alarm). The red light activates and the unit alarms (and may shut down) if 02 levels fall well below normal levels and/or the system otherwise malfunctions.

I'm not sure about other kinds of concentrators, but you can look up operating manuals online.

Yes...oxygen equipment suppliers have 02 monitors (these are expensive to buy) and they will usually check the 02 output of the concentrator for you. It is a good idea to have the 02 output checked after a concentrator has been shipped...or periodically if your unit doesn't have an oxygen monitor feature.

Also...the external filter should be cleaned weekly (or more often if you have pets)...just wash in warm soapy water and air dry thoroughly before replacing.

My area is dusty, so I often take the filter outside and clap it between my hands in between cleanings.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you determine the life of the compressor. Do they have hour meters like the oxygen concentrators?
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes, they have "odometers" which show how many hours they have been used. Some are external, some are internal, some are analog, some digital, depending on the age and make of the concentrator.

The quality concentrators are designed to be run 24/7, for tens of thousands of hours. A 3 year warranty could potentially cover almost 26,000 hours if the person was using it continually.

If you are thinking of buying a used unit, although you can't be sure of the history, it should still come with a warranty (usually a current warranty isn't transferrable from private owner to private owner though....).

Marnie
Member # 773

For those still considering HBOT therapy...

Here is a link to how HBOT effects the immune system:

HBOT stabilizes CREB ***(= cAMP responsive element binding protein)***:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23146993

CREB and the immune system:

http://www.jimmunol.org/content/185/11/6413.full

:-) !!!

BTW...

***HIV-1 *** Tat protein down-regulates CREB transcription factor expression...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11156964

And HBOT is now being used to treat PTSD at our naval bases!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Zy81MTGAbiYJ:http://www.vocativ.com/culture/science/new-frontier-ptsd-treatments-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/

See # 18 here under Current Accepted Applications of HBOT:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00670891?term=lyme+HBOT&rank=1

Elevated cAMP impacts cGMP levels also.

Elevating cGMP is under trials for AD via inhibiting PDE9 - preventing cGMP breakdown.

PDE4 breaks down cAMP. cAMP -> CREB. PDE4 inhibitors are being researched to treat "autoimmune" as well as fragile X (have less cAMP).

Forskolin + ginger?

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Fascinating articles! I'm hoping that HBOT will improve restorative sleep.

Phoiph, have you heard of an onyx concentrator? Is it ok to get another type of concentrator as long as it run 10LPM with 20 PSI?

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far, I've only read 7 pages of this thread, but will read all of it once the brain fog clears.

Thanks so much to ALL of you for sharing your mHBOT stories. Greatly appreciated :-)

I'm considering mHBOT treatment but have a full-blown case of babesia WA1/duncani (IGeneX PCR/FISH test positive) ...

Is there anyone on here doing mHBOT despite a Babesia duncani diagnosis? And in this case I am not referring to a clinical diagnosis, but a positive PCR/antibody/FISH test?

Thanks!

--------------------
I appreciate all your replies. If it takes me a while to respond, it is either because I'm too sick or because I am unable to log in. From European servers, Lymenet is very frequently inaccessible for days at a time ...

Posts: 235 | From Europe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

soccermama...

The Onyx is made by Airsep, and is their model marketed for "industrial" purposes (e.g., jewelry making, glass blowing, etc.).

It doesn't have the built in oxygen purity monitor option, and from what I can tell, it doesn't appear to be less expensive than the AirSep New Life Intensity...

Here's a link with the specs:

http://www.chartindustries.com/Industry/Industry-Products/Gas-Systems/AirSep-Commercial-Products-Division/AirSep-and-SeQual-Brand-Self-Contained-Generators/Onyx

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Nula,

I had a positive Babesia blood smear prior to starting mHBOT...

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Phoiph :-) Will respond to your PM as soon as I get the chance!

--------------------
I appreciate all your replies. If it takes me a while to respond, it is either because I'm too sick or because I am unable to log in. From European servers, Lymenet is very frequently inaccessible for days at a time ...

Posts: 235 | From Europe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Nula, I have tested positive for Babesia... TWICE. And I am two and a half months in on mild HBOT.

When I first started, I will admit to feeling like I maybe had a babesia flare. Air hunger, sweaty, etc. but since that flare, it improved.

My Dr. said he often keeps his patients on Babesia meds because he wonders if mHBOT doesn't work as well for that infection. He doen't believe it makes it worse, in his experience.

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Nula
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38409

Thank you, foxy loxy. This is very helpful!!

--------------------

spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nula,

I have also tested positive for Babesia (and Bart)...had treated previously with the typical Babs meds but it kept "coming back".

Fast forward to 658 (1-hr daily) dives later... I didn't realize that I have no Babsia symptoms anymore, didn't even realize it until you asked about it.

Phoiph [Smile] you'll be happy to hear that I finished another quarter at school with straight A's..only able to take a couple classes at a time but working my way through slowly but surely.

Still dealing with what I feel are brain/gut/hormonal issues though. Severe fatigue and feeling of set back if I am stressed or push myself too much (and by push I mean trying to be normal doing normal ppl things).

I wish you all a happy new year full of hope and healing. I am not out of the woods yet but making my way slowly through it. My greatest advice would be to feed yourself with only the most nourishing foods, supplement as needed, get adequate and restful sleep every day, and just keep on diving.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph ( or anyone with severe brain symptoms), as I've posted, severe brain pressure and the dizziness , anxiety etc that go along with that are my most horrible symptoms, it never lets up only has degrees of intensity.

My question is that mostly every time I'm in the chamber it gets dramatically worse as the pressure climbs. I have been able to get up to full pressure with the concentrator and have been doing it mostly daily except for a three week break recently due to a horrible brain herx, 30 dives total. I feel a lot more sick inside the chamber. Is this normal while healing the brain or something that may be dangerous? Thank you, trying not to give up.

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph ( or anyone with severe brain symptoms), as I've posted, severe brain pressure and the dizziness , anxiety etc that go along with that are my most horrible symptoms, it never lets up only has degrees of intensity.

My question is that mostly every time I'm in the chamber it gets dramatically worse as the pressure climbs. I have been able to get up to full pressure with the concentrator and have been doing it mostly daily except for a three week break recently due to a horrible brain herx, 30 dives total. I feel a lot more sick inside the chamber. Is this normal while healing the brain or something that may be dangerous? Thank you, trying not to give up.

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

spinning123...

Thanks for the update! CONGRATULATIONS on not only your accomplishments with going back to school (and straight A's), but your commitment to mHBOT...

And...for understanding that this is a journey/process, and it continues to evolve. I experienced improvements/enhancements even after 2 years of diving, well beyond when I thought I was back to pre-Lyme baseline.

(BTW, I'm now at 4-1/2 years of diving, and I had a very stressful 2015...lost my mom and aunt within 3 months of each other, 2 friends took their lives [one with Lyme], made multiple trips back and forth across country...cleaning out their homes, making arrangements, settling affairs, etc., and have kept the pace without any signs of regression.)

I also agree with and appreciate your simple advice to others. I often marvel at how long, circuitous, complicated, and confusing the Lyme maze was for me, when it all came down to a simple plan. All part of the "journey"...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

joahsark...

How fast are you pressurizing?

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

joahark, I too have a lot of brain symptoms. I have head pressure, waves of anxiety and quite a variety pack of neurological head sensations.

I too have seen it feel worse sometimes in the chamber. Nothing so scary though that it makes me want to quit.

Just wanted you to know you are NOT alone even though it may seem like it.

I actually haven't seen many people with this issue. Even my Drs kinda look at me like huh? Mostly no pain. Just misery.

spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree with foxy loxy, joahsark... you're not alone with severe brain symptoms. Although I have largely controlled these symptoms with a low-salicylate ketogenic diet and magnesium supplementation. How are your magnesium levels?

Perhaps intercranial pressure is a problem since it gets worse with the diving pressure added? If this is the case, I find pressing firmly on certain points at the back of the skull useful for releasing this pressure buildup:

-

Basically, I lie face down on a massage table and have my mom use her elbow to gently but firmly rock against specific points all along the base of the skull.

Phoiph, what incredibly stressful and painful times these must have been. All the more gratitude I feel towards you for so generously donating your time and effort to help all of us, THANK YOU!

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

I agree with spinning122 in regards to all the Phoiph does for us. What a difficult time you had to endure. How incredible it is that the amount of stress you dealt with didn't knock you down.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you very much for the sentiments!

I'm just VERY grateful it all happened when I was well and could handle it...and not when I was ill...it would have been completely devastating at that time.

It is a testament to mHBOT...

Happy 2016 to everyone!

purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL HERE and happy safe diving in 2016

spinning122,
could you please elaborate on the low- salicylate ketogenic diet,
what did yours consist of exactly, I'm curious

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Hi purplehaze,

I am hesitant to give diet advice because I'm rather unusual in that foods high in salicylates (basically most plant matter and the yummiest stuff like avocados [Frown] ) tend to give me migraines (I have not figured out why yet), but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for anyone else? Basically, you have to work out what works for you since we are all unique and special little snowflakes [Wink]

But basically, I eat nutritious foods high in good fats (good balance between omega-3 and 6...most ppl have too much 6 nowadays=inflammation, DHA is real important for brain health). I tend to eat sardines, salmon, bone broth, grassfed beef, grassfed liver (bison, lamb, beef) and other offal meat, eggs, ghee, tallow... it's just been trial and error and trying to get the most nourishing foods in me without triggering negative effects.

I am most interested in healing my brain at this point. And to give you an idea why I do what I do...
Andrew Scarborough- Managing brain cancer and epilepsy with a Ketogenic Diet

This intelligent young man puts together a ketogenic diet and supplement regimen to manage his incurable form of brain cancer and epilepsy, and I am very interested to following his brain healing journey. He is also starting HBOT soon, which is exciting.

Hope that helps!

Haley
Member # 22008

Happy 2016 to all of you special little snowflakes ❄️

I want to tell you that I am taking cordyceps and my energy has improved substantially. have also added a couple of other sups, but I believe the cordyceps is getting the oxygen deep into my system. I don't know if all brands are good. I take my docs brand. Ifsmed.com

Cordyceps increases cellular Oxygen Absorption by up to 40%.

http://www.earthpulse.com/src/subcategory.asp?catid=11&subcatid=55

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Everyone...

I don't know if any of you have been following Lymeboy's thread, "Pericardial Effusion", but he's been in a precarious crisis state, and I have been very concerned for him:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133186;p=0

He has tried it all, as many of us have, and is out of options and at the end of his rope physically, mentally, and financially. I suggested that he consider mHBOT, but the cost is completely prohibitive for him, even if there were cooperative sharing options.

So...he decided to start a "GoFundMe" campaign in hopes of raising funds for a chamber... [Smile]

I know of another person who raised the funds for a chamber this way. And...when I recently checked out the site, I was surprised to see, for example, that $11,000 was raised for a pup's vet bills in less than a week...

If this works out for him, it could be a possible option for others.

Since Lymeboy's campaign isn't included on a public search engine, he needs our help to post and share his link with any promising contacts, groups, and resources we can think of...

https://www.gofundme.com/tdhtwkm4

Many thanks in advance!

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Thank you so much FoxyLoxy, good to know I'm not alone, and yes, I agree not a whole lot of people with this particular horrendous symptom. I do find that those who have it find it extremely rough to get rid of and all of the docs I've seen agree. Holding out hope the chamber can help repair some of the brain damage. The pressure does lead to pain especially at the base of my skull and into my neck. Horrible. I hope you've found relief?

Spinning122, it is most definitely inter-cranial pressure. It is constant, not only in the chamber, just worse in there. Pressure points have not helped unfortunately.

Phoiph, I am just letting the chamber pressurize as fast as it does by itself with the valve closed. I de-pressurize very slowly as it makes me even sicker than going up in pressure. Going to try to go back to just the chamber without the mask for awhile.32 dives in, definitely no changes in brain symptoms but I know it may take quite a long time. Committed for at least 6 months, if nothing after that I'm back to being sure this pressure will not end.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Wishing all of you the very best on this journey!

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Friends. Please read the following.:

quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
Hi Everyone...

I don't know if any of you have been following Lymeboy's thread, "Pericardial Effusion", but he's been in a precarious crisis state, and I have been very concerned for him:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133186;p=0

He has tried it all, as many of us have, and is out of options and at the end of his rope physically, mentally, and financially. I suggested that he consider mHBOT, but the cost is completely prohibitive for him, even if there were cooperative sharing options.

So...he decided to start a "GoFundMe" campaign in hopes of raising funds for a chamber... [Smile]

I know of another person who raised the funds for a chamber this way. And...when I recently checked out the site, I was surprised to see, for example, that $11,000 was raised for a pup's vet bills in less than a week...

If this works out for him, it could be a possible option for others.

Since Lymeboy's campaign isn't included on a public search engine, he needs our help to post and share his link with any promising contacts, groups, and resources we can think of...

https://www.gofundme.com/tdhtwkm4

Many thanks in advance!

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

joahsark...

I would definitely slow down the rate of pressurization (by using the valve). You should take a minimum of 10 minutes to inflate, and 10 minutes to deflate. For you, I would try 15 minutes for each...

I had constant, severe head pressure that, when I started mHBOT, would become more acute behind my ears and around the sides and back of my neck when pressurizing. (It felt like my head was going to implode or explode, I couldn't tell which...)

Of course, all of this eventually resolved.

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Thank you so much as always Phoiph!!! It's so reassuring to know someone else did have this. I will pressurize much slower. Happy New Year!
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Dive 30 Report. I'm going very cautiously, pressure only for now, today I did 56 minutes. I plan to get to 60 minutes, stay there for a week or so before starting to add supplemental oxygen.

mHBOT has absolutely life changing for me! My main complaints are mobility, fatigue, weakness. All are so bad that we had to rig up a system using a winch, pulley, triangle grab bar and a couple of pots/pans to get me out of the chamber. It keeps getting easier everyday! Walking (using my walker) is getting easier, life has gotten a little easier. I'm starting to look forward to things for the first time in a long time.

Thankful to Phoiph and all the contributors to this very informative thread. I'm So Happy!!

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.