LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mofarmerswife...

Thank you for sharing...:) It is a gift for all of us!

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mofarmerswife...thanks for sharing your success.

There is getting to be quite a few of us that are seeing benefits. It is hard to hang in there for the long term but well worth it.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mofarmerswife, thank you for sharing. Kudos to Mofarmer. I am thrilled for you both!
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello every one I am wondering if I will get any benefit from mild hboc because I live at 6400 feet elevation.

Anyone with knowledge or experience?

Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dan67...

As you know, as you increase in altitude, you decrease in atmospheric pressure.

Home chambers (originally portable "Gamow bags") were designed to treat altitude sickness for mountain climbers by increasing the pressure inside just enough to reduce the relative altitude by a few thousand feet in an emergency situation (not necessarily to bring the pressure down to sea level or below).

If I am calculating correctly, in a home chamber that reaches 4.2 psi/1.3 ATA (atmospheres absolute) at sea level, you will reach only 0.95 psi/1.064 ATA at 6400 feet (a loss of approximately .5 psi per 1000 feet of altitude gain).

Since 1.0 atmosphere of the 1.064 ATA includes the 1.0 of natural atmospheric pressure at sea level, you would actually only be reaching a fraction of pressure above sea level (.064 ATM) using a home chamber at 6400 feet.

Although this would be more pressure than your body is used to, and combined with supplemental 02 may still signal some healing reactions, I would not count on this being enough pressure to be totally effective for treating Lyme/chronic illness.

Hard chambers can adjust the pressure higher to compensate for altitude, while still treating with mild pressure. Unfortunately, it is not affordable for most to do long-term mHBOT in a clinical setting.

Any chance you could move to a lower altitude?

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph,

You are so damn smart!

Could dan67 use the OxyHealth Quamvis with the outer jacket?

It's designed to go to a higher pressure with the jacket and high pressure valves. It's still expensive but not like the hard shell chambers.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haha Digby...I consider that high praise considering I'm always asking you the tough questions...LOL

Yes...I PM'd dan67 about the Quamvis. It is a soft/home mHBOT chamber (more often used by practitioners) that is rated for higher (mild) pressures.

That said, the manufacturer is still required to state that it is against FDA regulations to sell/raise the pressure of any home chamber higher than 1.3 ATA, and that doing so by the consumer will void the warranty.

In the past, other entities sold "pressure kits" which included release valves that could be interchanged so the pressure could be raised. These entities were warned by the FDA, and required to stop selling the kits (although it is likely still being done).

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Today was dive number 600! That is over 2 years, so it's obvious that I missed quite a bit.

Most of my missing dives were due to hospital visits, surgeries and an accident. The latest was because of a vacation. How cool is that?

I haven't had a vacation in almost 30 years. I hope to miss more dives due to vacations in the near future.

Hang in there folks. It takes a long time with setbacks along the way but it is worth it!

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas Digby

And congratulations on your new level of health.

This therapy is definitely worth the time and commitment it takes to see the results.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago, a doc in Sarasota claimed HBOT *AND* (along with) Pycnogenol (1mg per pound of body weight) per day could heal Lyme disease.

I've recently been researching Pynogenol - again! You may find the following interesting (I hope).

We know Bb makes use of Mn-SOD - an antioxidant enzyme. It is manganese superoxide dismutase. It helps superoxide (a dangerous free radical) become H2O2 (a little less dangerous free radical).

Bb and HIV may contain similar proteins that impact Mn-SOD levels.

First, this is what Pycnogenol does:

Prominent biochemical alterations

induced by PYC (pycnogenol) were the

***elevated expression of an intracellular antioxidant protein, manganese superoxide dismutase (Mn-SOD),***

and the inhibition of phosphorylation of the ribosomal S6 protein.

Interestingly, ectopic expression of Mn-SOD

inhibited HIV-1 replication as well.

Inhibition of HIV-1 replication associated with induced expression of Mn-SOD in cells treated with PYC suggests the potential of this natural antioxidant inducer as a’

new anti-HIV-1 agent.

PMID:18653969

HIV has a "TAT" protein. TAT means transactivator of transcription. HeLa cells are cancerous cells that can contain HIV (virus). We know - I posted a long time ago - that Bb also can lock onto and even invade HeLa (cancer) cells.

Look at what the TAT protein triggers:

This study demonstrates that human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Tat protein

amplifies the activity of tumor necrosis factor (TNF), a cytokine that

stimulates HIV-1 replication through

activation of NF-kappa B.

In HeLa cells stably transfected with the HIV-1 tat gene (HeLa-tat cells), expression of the Tat protein enhanced both TNF-induced activation of NF-kappa B and TNF-mediated cytotoxicity…

In both T cells and HeLa cells

HIV-1 Tat ***suppressed the expression of Mn-dependent superoxide dismutase (Mn-SOD), a mitochondrial enzyme that is part of the cellular defense system against oxidative stress.***

Thus, Mn-SOD RNA protein levels and activity were markedly ***reduced in the presence of Tat***

Decreased Mn-SOD expression was associated with decreased levels of glutathione and a lower ratio of reduced:oxidized glutathione.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7859743

Similar protein in Bb:

One intriguing possibility that remains to be explored is that perhaps BB0250 somehow substitutes for a functional Tat pathway in B. burgdorferi.

http://jb.asm.org/content/192/23/6105.full

Tat stimulates HIV-1 gene expression ***during transcription initiation and elongation***

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3879180/

Does Bb’s TAT-like protein * suppress* Mn-SOD -> beginning of cellular destruction -> increased nutrients for Bb to use to replicate?

Mitochondrial ***MnSOD-deficient*** cells exhibit decreased oxygen consumption and increased O2•− production, suggesting a key role in the response to pathological stressors.

For example, in response to acute alcohol binge in mice,

MnSOD overexpression prevents,

and ***MnSOD deficiency exacerbates,***

NOS expression, plasma nitrites/nitrates, nitration of complex I and V proteins, and

***mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) depletion.***

In a transgenic Alzheimer's disease mouse, MnSOD *overexpression* led to

increased catalase protein levels,

decreased total oxidized proteins and amyloid burden,

and improved spatial memory.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258656/

(Catalase is another protective antioxidant.)

Personally, I'd try HBOT daily AND take 1mg per pound of body weight also.

(If you weigh 150 pounds, you would take 150mg of Pycnogenol, for example. That dose is considered safe and is used in many trials. It looks like Pycnogenol alone helps many persons with other medical problems in about 3 months/12 weeks time.)

Restoring Mn-SOD levels in our immune T cells is a way to support their function which is clearing the infection WHILE preventing injury to self (loss of mitochondrial DNA).

Near me in FL...MILD (!) hyperbaric treatments are available.

ALWAYS take probiotics.

Where there's a will, there IS a way.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm Marnie, VERY interesting!! Thanks so much for sharing!

I have been majorly studying L-arginine and its effects. I read that taking an antioxidant along with l-arginine and l citrulline is very helpful in maintain the endothelial cycle that is broken in people with babesia. (and other diseases)

Since hyperbaric produced nitric oxide as well, I really wonder if taking an antioxidant wouldn't enhance the effects?!

I say this because from what I read, antioxidants don't negate Nitric Oxide, rather they support it.

So weird, because I always thought they were at odds with each other.

If anyone want to put me straight or have something to add, I am open minded! [Smile]

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjso8SYmJPRAhUk4IMKHQLDBTYQFghlMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F171776 23&usg=AFQjCNE7KVFtdlClDLwLOTaS7C2CkoFuPA&sig2=gJcdzXnDE1pQV-yYtmWwrA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2oaLAmJPRAhVC5YMKHVTpB5cQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcircres.ahajournals.org%2Fcontent%2Fcirc resaha%2F92%2F1%2F88.full.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGKUvsRMXqcqdbsI5XsFDbPPrOxtQ&sig2=ah5_mRnaT-ZEqv0NAhmRwQ

[ 12-26-2016, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: foxy loxy ]

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another oddity!

"HBOT not only

increased antioxidant enzyme expression,

such as Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, but also significantly decreased pro-oxidant enzyme levels, such as iNOS and gp91-phox, thereby

***decreasing net oxygen radical production
by means of negative feedback.***

Furthermore, HBOT decreased the expression of several MMPs while simultaneously increasing tissue inhibitor of MMP (tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase)."

http://tinyurl.com/zuewcn6

Metalloproteinases cleave (chop apart) proteins…such as those that are precursors to the Vitamin D binding protein…uhm…GCMAF…

HBOT and Pycnogenol look to act in synergy.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Marnie! Can you look at my thread on l arginine?

I would like your intelligent opinion on this! I am very interested in Nitric Oxide and its effect on infections and immunity...

BTW l arginine is way more effective when used in tandem with pycnogenol. hyperbaric oxygen and l arginine are similar so I am not surprised they like each other! [Smile]

[ 12-27-2016, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: foxy loxy ]

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That information is very interesting...also in Florida)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always been hesitant to supplement with l arginine because of its impact on viruses. I have been supplementing with l Lysine for years to suppress viruses. I would encourage you to do some research on l arginine and viruses before you add it to your regimine.
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I agree with kgg...be sure to do your research on the impact of l-arginine on reactivation of herpes viruses, including Epstein Barr.

Other possible concerns I have regarding the combination of L-arginine supplementation (outside of dietary sources) and mHBOT/HBOT is that mHBOT has a vasoconstrictive effect (initial) during treatment. This effect serves to reduce inflammation throughout the body, while oxygen is infused into the tissues.

L-arginine is a vasodilator. It is unknown if this would affect the positive anti-inflammatory effect of mHBOT, or would result in a possible stalemate.

Also, because of the vasodilation effect, the dose of oxygen delivery may also be altered/increased, which could have an unknown effect on sensitive individuals.

In addition, be aware that both mHBOT and L-arginine lower blood sugar. It is unknown if this could have a concomitant effect, and what the effect on an individual might be.

Since mHBOT/HBOT alone increases Nitric Oxide levels in the brain, I would (and did) only supplement with dietary sources. High dietary sources of L-arginine include, cage-free eggs, cultured goat yogurt/kefir, grass-fed beef, pasture-raised poultry (including turkey and chicken, liver and organ meats, wild-caught fish, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, seaweed and sea vegetables, spirulina, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, coconut meat.

I am of the camp of "more is not always better" when it comes to dosing, and am more interested in what can be removed and simplified in a mHBOT protocol, rather than added, as this is how I became well. In retrospect, I believe it worked to my advantage to have become too ill to tolerate medications/supplements, otherwise I would never known what actually got me well.

Foxy...I am not trying to discourage you from researching and doing what you feel is right for your body. I just know from your other posts that you are taking a lot of drugs and supplements. Remember that healing the gut is a non-negotiable part of becoming well. IMO, it is important to not lose sight of this, as sometimes, "less can be more" when it comes to allowing our bodies to heal.

It astounded me that in my case, the answer turned out to be a very basic protocol, when I had been searching, analyzing, and overthinking things (with a very impaired brain) for so many years.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can people comment on Babesia and Mhbot? I have observed with some clarity that my Babesia gets re-activated when I increase oxygen therapies.
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan67, Can you please elaborate on your comment that you have observed with clarity that mHBOT reactivates babesia? I am very interested in this topic.

I am having a significant babesia relapse, and it happened after I started mHBOT. However, I went up on time waaaay to quickly ( my own fault), even though people warned me, in a sprint to feel well. I stopped mHBOT for now.

Have you observed this personally, do you have info on other people experiencing this, or do you have any other info regarding mHBOT reactivating babesia?

Thank you!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

It didn't happen from mHBOT for me. It has happened with other oxygenating therapies such as breathing pure oxygen without pressure, and intense aerobic exercise. I can't claim for certain that it is a cause and effect relationship, but I would state it at 90% certainty.

With mHBOT, though, maybe the Babesia "coming out" of hiding is necessary to get well? Maybe it is a part of the process? If it is always right there under the surface ready to relapse, that's also not good or sustainable. I'm speculating here...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks so much for that info Phoiph! That was very helpful... but very disheartening. I was hoping they would work well in tandem. I am not sure what to do....

Dan67 and Me, I am 100 percent sure of this. After I started mild hyperbaric my Babesia symptoms become predominately worse.

In fact, after only a half an hour the first time in my tank, I suffered the next few days, with very suspiciously babesia style symptoms.

I never had air hunger before and months after hyperbaric, developed this.

I have been doing mHBOT for over a year now. I have dived as consistent as can be.

I am off antibiotics, but I am not sure they were ever doing me any good anyway.

I must admit, I am becoming discouraged with mHBoT. I have increased it after many months of one hour to two hours and have felt zero change.

I am not saying the mHBOT feeds babesia or anything like that. I have no proof. All I know is that I have heard several people say their babesia got worse on it for whatever reason. Somehow, I don't think the "coming out" of new symptoms is a good thing! but maybe...

I am currently on a stout antibabesial regimen and it appears to be doing very little. I sometimes wonder if the mHBOT is inhibiting progress.

I will say that my head does feel "funny" in the tank at times. (it feels strange and gross all the time but....) Once when I had a bit of a cold sticking in me and when I deflated I had a spell where it felt like my brain froze and I couldn't think at all.

Also, sometimes I can feel the blood pounding in my skull, almost like a blood pressure problem. (this doesn't happen in the tank, but like when I get up, or drink water.)

I also know that my blood is very thick and my veins are small. SOmetimes when my head feels really bad and I shake it like an etch a sketch, it seems to help... (while it is in motion) I guess that made me bark up the arginine tree.

Now, that I have been taking arginine, I have had a mild headache for about six days. My air hunger is worse. My head feels really thick" and "full of blood" today.

Last night, it took a while to sleep, and usually I'm so exhausted I feel narcoleptic.

The Arginine has DEFINITELY done something. I just can't tell if it is for the good or not. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG this disease is SO frustrating!

Phoiph, I KNOW that you would love to see me go off medications. Who knows. I guess if they aren't doing much, maybe I will!

To be honest, I don't really know WHAT to do anymore.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Maybe mild hyperbaric makes babesia worse in SOME PEOPLE but not others. Maybe it's the strain, or genetics, or immunity. Who knows. But it does seem like it only does it in SOME cases.

Maybe ozone therapy would be another oxidative therapy that would NOT make babs worse. Not sure.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=24&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj59qjw9pfRAhUP24MKHYlxDjg4FBAWCDMwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgtuem.praesentiert-ihnen.de%2Ftools% 2Fliteraturdb%2Fproject2%2Fpdf%2FBitterman%2520N.%2520-%2520EUBS%25201994%2520-%2520S.%252067.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGsf-CpVpNKv-U1KLXBmOlf_jmwJg&sig2=5l-hhBZQRkZjK2v-ZpKkoQ

Well, I guess it won't give me seizures! I was worried the most about that, like a possible overdose of nitric oxide, but it looks like it has protective properties.

me
Member # 45475

Thank you, Dan67. I know some people with babesia have had success with mHBOT and others feel like it caused a flare of some kind. As for me, I'm currently laying off of it bc I think my medicine regimen is too intense to combine it right now. I wish I would have increased the mHBOT time at a slower pace . . . I was forewarned. Silly me. Sigh.

--------------------

reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me...I am on Dive #244 as of today...it took me 2 months to advance to 1 hour per day with the 02.

My Cardiologist mentioned the heart monitor was positive with small signs of extra beats....this happened mostly during the first 2 months?

These situations occurred while I tried to jump right in with mhbot....1 hour...sometimes an extra 30 minutes at the end of the day...WOW...did I pay the price (Phioph warned me,lol)

Looking back,after all the drugs and herbals and so on....I wish I stayed the course,1 hour per day...let my body do it's job.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and wellness for all)

R

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Thanks, Reminder. So if im understanding what you said correctly, when you increased the time in the chamber too quickly, you had setbacks too, and when you increased gradually, over time, you are seeing the beneficial effects?

Phoiph warned me too--wish I would have heeded the advice.

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

Thanks, Reminder. So if im understanding what you said correctly, when you increased the time in the chamber too quickly, you had setbacks too, and when you increased gradually, over time, you are seeing the beneficial effects?

Phoiph warned me too--wish I would have heeded the advice.

--------------------

reminder
Member # 48228

Hello me,

Oh I felt it and backed it up....stopped all meds and herbals one month ago(too much)...good results.

R

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

me
Member # 45475

Thanks so much, reminder.

--------------------

Marnie
Member # 773

"Here, we report that the host neuroendocrine stress hormones,

epinephrine and norepinephrine,

are specifically bound by B. burgdorferi

and result in increased expression of OspA."

Propranolol significantly reduced uptake of B. burgdorferi by feeding ticks and

decreased expression of OspA in B. burgdorferi recovered from ticks that fed on propranolol-treated mice.

Our studies suggest that B. burgdorferi may co-opt host neuroendocrine signals to inform the organism of local changes that predict the presence of its next host and allow it to prepare for transition to a new environment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17438273

***Another reason for Pycnogenol*** =

The same study showed that after one month of treatment with pine bark extract (Pycnogenol),

***norepinephrine levels decreased significantly***

and correlated with improvement in ADHD symptoms.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KJG9c-uOfjUJ:http://universityhealthnews.com/daily/depression/surprising-research-challenges-our-understanding-of-norepinephrin e-deficiency/

Stimulation of bacterial growth by heat-stable, norepinephrine-induced autoinducers

http://femsle.oxfordjournals.org/content/172/1/53

We conclude that OspA serves a critical antibody-**shielding role*** during vector blood meal uptake from immune hosts and is not required for persistence in the tick vector.

http://iai.asm.org/content/76/11/5228.full

OspA-ApoAI

The major component of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) named apolipoprotein A-I (ApoAI) advidly binds phospholipid molecules and organizes them into soluble bilayer structures or discs that readily accept cholesterol.

(A component of HDL accepts cholesterol for reverse transport – normally.)

ApoAI forms an amphipathic shield for sequestering IMPs (integral membrane proteins) from water and promoting their solubilization.

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms7826

Borrelia burgdorferi, the agent of Lyme disease, has cholesterol and cholesterol-glycolipids that are essential for bacterial fitness, are antigenic, and could be important in mediating interactions with cells of the eukaryotic host.

We show that the spirochetes can acquire cholesterol from plasma membranes of epithelial cells.

In addition, through fluorescent and confocal microscopy combined with biochemical approaches, we demonstrated that B. burgdorferi labeled with the fluorescent cholesterol analog BODIPY-cholesterol or 3H-labeled cholesterol

transfer both cholesterol and cholesterol-glycolipids to HeLa cells.

The transfer occurs through two different mechanisms, by direct contact between the bacteria and eukaryotic cell and/or through release of outer membrane vesicles.

Thus, two-way lipid exchange between spirochetes and host cells can occur.

This lipid exchange could be an important process that contributes to the pathogenesis of Lyme disease.

http://tinyurl.com/hq4ez4k

NA = noradrenaline = norepinephrine

Another point of view:

NA has also been shown to regulate the expression of the OspA protein in Borrelia burgdorferi,

which is important for the survival of B. burgdorferi in the tick host

and

its infection of mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2667375/

(NA = noradrenaline = norepinephrine.

RA = retinoic acid)

For instance, the dopaminergic system is regulated by retinoic acid in the embryo

but the influence of RA on dopaminergic systems in the adult brain is less well understood.

***RA appears to decrease noradrenaline in the short term***

by inducing the noradrenergic receptor which

terminates noradrenergic neurotransmission through reuptake of the neurotransmitter
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2012/589792/

Retinoic acid is a metabolite of vitamin A (retinol) that mediates the functions of vitamin A required for growth and development. Wikipedia

The WFL's absolute favorite food is crickets.

Crickets are also important sources of numerous necessary nutrients such as the 8 essential amino acids, vitamin B12, riboflavin, the biologically active form of vitamin A (***retinol,retinoic acid***, and retinaldehyde) and several minerals such as Iron and Calcium.

Crickets are also high in healthy and low in unhealthy fats and oils: ***low in saturated fat***, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, and with the ideal ratio of Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids.

the retinoic acid *precursor* retinaldehyde, which is released from illuminated rhodopsin, thus providing a mechanism by which light can directly influence gene expression.

Thus....rhodopsin + light -> retinaldehyde -> retinoic acid -> decrease NE -> negatively impacting OspA which Bb is very dependent on.

Do NOT!!! take huge amts of vitamin A. Eating crickets would not likely do any good either.

L-Arginine aspartate + Pycnogenol = Prelox for men...

***Hyperbaric Oxygen Induced Vitamin D Receptor***

and ROS Responsive Genes: A Bioinformatic Analysis

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4MPna6nUyncJ:https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Biotechnology/biotechnology-3-1048.pdf

Babesia...anemia...HBOT

"The treatment of severe anemia with hyperbaric oxygen is one of thirteen indications approved by the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Committee of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society for appropriate use of the therapy."

Finally...

Yes, it is true HBOT doesn't "kill" Bb, but restoring the Vitamin D receptor on macropages...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by dan67:
Can people comment on Babesia and Mhbot? I have observed with some clarity that my Babesia gets re-activated when I increase oxygen therapies.

Dan67…this is a question that comes up often...so I would like to share my experience.

Foxy & Me…I want to preface this post by emphasizing that I do believe you when you say that you had a flare of symptoms (Babesia-like or otherwise) when starting mHBOT. I had flares as well, I just didn’t know how to categorize them as Babesia-like, Bartonella-like, Lyme-like, viral-like, or other. Fortunately, it didn’t matter...everything resolved over time.

I had severely symptomatic Babesia (and Bartonella) for years, and was positive on blood smear just prior to starting mHBOT. I had previously treated (years before) with Mepron, etc., which caused me to become very toxic (Mepron turned my vision yellow, as if looking through tinted glasses). The drugs had no effect on the Babesia or Bartonella, they just made me sicker. The ONLY thing that cured my Babesia and Bartonella was mHBOT.

Dr. J, who uses mHBOT in his practice, wrote this in his LymeMD blog in response to a similar question/concern about oxygen “feeding” Babesia/Bartonella:

Question: October 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM "Great to know mild hyper chambers work too, but i am concerned about co-infection, are not they will trive in oxygene rich body?...like babesa, bart? Couple of patients report of babesa , bart symptoms increased, pre hyperchamber babesa negative, but post hbot babesa positive and severe fatique and pain in legs...I am anxious to know your views on this."

Lyme report: Montgomery County, MD said...
Answer: "I know this answer is a bit long-winded. This question keeps coming up over and over again. I do not know here this myth came from. But is absolutely false. I fear it may be keeping a lot of patients away from a treatment which might be very helpful.

If this were true nobody would get better since virtually every Lyme patient has co-infections. People do Herx with HBOT so getting worse for a while is part of the process. Oxygen does not act like a fertilizer to promote the growth of various aerobic pathogens/parasites. What is important to hear is that HBOT creates a milieu of: a natural antibiotic, decreased swelling, improved immune function overall, healing of diseased tissues, increased glutathione and improved mitochondrial function. HBOT is used to heal severe non-healing wounds in diabetics, patients with gangrene and other non-healing surgical wounds. All of these infections have a combination of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria. The treatment kills both. And very importantly, HBOT helps break down biofilms"

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2013/10/immune-hyperstimulation-lyme-disease.html

I also want to share an excerpt from a veterinary research study of Babesia in dogs. It is suggestive of how Babesia and other parasites are damaged by oxidative stress...similar to the description of how oxidative stress damages the membrane of the Lyme spirochete.

Oxidative stress is one of the many therapeutic mechanisms in hyperbaric, and, fortunately, with mild hyperbaric, does not damage the body due to an increase in natural antioxidant production.

Here's the quote from the research article:

"...Many parasites including protozoa are sensitive to oxidative stress. Sensitivity to oxidative stress has been reported in malaria (Rockett et al., 1991), hepatozoonosis (Kiral et al., 2005), tropical theileriosis (Visser et al., 1995) and babesiosis (Stich et al., 1998). Reactive oxygen species (ROS) and Reactive Nitrogen Species (RNS) are powerful oxidants and nitrating species that can inactivate enzymes and initiate the process of lipid peroxidation and nitration, which leads to radical chain reactions that further damage membranes, nucleic October 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM acids and proteins (Muller et al., 2003). These processes may ultimately lead to the killing of parasitic organisms (Rockett et al., 1991; Kiral et al., 2005)..."

Lastly, a related article on the importance of Oxidative Stress (free radicals) in relation to HBOT:

Oxidative stress is fundamental to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, by Stephen R. Thom. Journal of Applied Physi9ology 106:988-995, 2009: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660252/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Me...

It is understandable...everyone wants to feel better faster. You can always start again (much) more slowly, as reminder (and others) have done.

Foxy...

I can also understand your frustration. I have some thoughts on what might be inhibiting progress. Just PM me if you'd like to set up a time to talk.

me
Member # 45475

Thanks so much for the info and encouragement, Phoiph. . I definitely plan on starting again at a MUCH, MUCH slower pace in the future.

Now is not the time for me, though. I just started a new regimen and am feeling the effects of it. I am still treating aggressively with abx and tons of anti malarials. I think doing mHBOT with the aforementioned while still recovering from a downslide is too much for me right now.

In due time, in due time . . . I'm just not good at this waiting thing. Although I know you figured that out a long time ago! Ha! [bonk]

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Me...you are not alone! It is very common for people to underestimate the power of mHBOT.

With some people, there is a "honeymoon period" in the beginning from the initial effects of the 02, before the deeper healing pattern begins to take place. During this time, it is often difficult to convince someone to take it slowly, as they get a taste of feeling better, and understandably want to move ahead full speed.

IMO, you are wise to wait to start mHBOT again until you are not treating aggressively with antibiotics, anti-malarials, etc.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Is there any science on mild hyperbaric helping to rebuild joints, cartilage, etc?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes...mHBOT promotes collagen production and mobilizes endogenous stem cells for repair.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018382/

This is one of the reasons mHBOT is very popular with athletes and in sports medicine. Many pro-football players have home chambers.

Dr. Jeff Bradstreet uses it along with endogenous stem cell therapy for joint repair:

https://drbradstreet.org/category/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The day finally arrived for me to return to a full time job.

740 dives and feeling great. 13 days to make my 2 year goal of treating with mHBOT.

Video 9 is my most recent update "Back to Work".

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCq8tswWaaBy6qZwCbXRMKnw

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Awesome, Peimomma...hope you love your new job.

Thanks for the video. I watched it side by side with your first video from 2015...what a transformation!

You mentioned cutting back on your mHBOT sessions. I also cut back on daily sessions at around 2-1/2 years. FYI, as I did this, I found that doing the 3 to 4 dives per week was more restorative if done in succession, rather than skipping days in between.

Keep us posted!

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone knows of any doctors in Indianapolis either D.A.N. doctors or other that offer mild hyperbaric treatment please P.M. me as I am trying to help a family that has children with fetal alcohol syndrome. Interesting study. https://oxfordhbot.com/library/fetal_alcohol_syndrome/225.001.pdf

They are interested but would like to take a couple dives before making a big financial commitment.

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi jcarlnew...

I know we've already discussed other options via phone, but if they still would like to experience a dive before they commit, I can ask the manufacturer rep if any chambers have been sold to practitioners in their area...

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, that is a great idea. As you know, they are in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just starting to get info on this. Is anyone interested in sharing a rental? I live in the Lisle, IL area.
Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Peimomma! So happy for you!!!

Phoiph and you have been true life savers and your contribution so great to us all! And, to all those contributing- Digby, Jolly, me,FL, Spinning, Haley, Marnie... (forgive me if I left anyone out) You all have been so kind to share your experiences...

The stories are encouraging and I look forward to starting very soon! Keep moving forward Team Mbot! To health, life and never ever giving up!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thank you

Today is my 2 year anniversary 😍 It seemed like a lifetime away when I began. What a transformation it has been, day by day.

My schedule now looks like this
Work 5 days a week M-F 0730-1630
Weight training 3 days a week M-W-F
Walking 3 miles a day
mHBOT 4 days a week T-Th-S-S

I will test the treatment schedule and see how it works with all I have going on these days. I'm in my fourth week of work and feeling great with all my additional activities listed above.

I plan to sleep in 5 days to 0600 and wake at 0430 on T-Th before work as I'vee been doing for the last month. I still get 7-9 hours of sleep a day😊

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Peimomma! You are rocking! I am so happy for you! I remember you writing about wanting to be back at work and now you are! I am truly so happy for you!

Thank you for posting your schedule- it is great to see how you're progressing and how others may want to follow!

I sure have Phoiph and you to thank! I am writing from my chamber and my 5th dive! I am beyond excited!

I knew I was running out of time with Rife- in essence, the program I used that helped a lot has become less beneficial and my knees started to really give me trouble as well as fatigue etc. Well, by day 4 it seems my knees are really responding positively with less pain- and I feel I have energy and life force again, even color in my cheeks! I notice less inflammation as well- I have ankles- who knew! So with immense gratitude I thank Phioph for getting me to this place...Your selfless dedication to us all is awe inspiring... And to all those that came before me that have contributed by sharing your experience... Thank you with all my heart! Onward and Upward! Peimomma keep us posted on your continued wellness! [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

[ 02-02-2017, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: willbeatthis ]

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks for the kind words, willbeatthis...

Looking forward to being part of your mHBOT journey...:)

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

That's great news willbeatthis. I always invite people to do videos like I did so they can look back and see the transformation and so others will benefit from watching your journey. 😊

I will definitely continue my updates so people can see my continued success because of mHBOT.

I would love to see more updates from others that have been treating for about a year now👍💚😊

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi All: Just another small update. I'm up to an hour and encouraged. I know mhbot can help regulate body systems and I seem to be seeing this. For example it used to take me a long time to sweat in the infrared sauna- I generally do this 1x per week and now it is nearly immediate. I am having some migratory joint pain and neuropathy flare a bit but I believe in the healing of mhbot - so my two steps back- I understand. Thanks, Phoiph and all of you warriors here! I'd love to hear how you are doing! Hugs!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Way to go, Peimomma! Keep the updates coming!
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I completed dive 338, and just had my one year diving anniversary over the past few weeks. Wow, what a difference a year makes. I am back in the game.

I am able to make it through everyday without feeling like I'm dragging myself through it. I am enjoying interacting with people, playing with my kids, going on daily walks, knitting and card groups with friends. I've maintained my job through having Lyme but at an intense cost to my personal relationships; getting to rebuild what has been neglected is a fulfilling challenge. Feeling that those who love me are graceful in understanding I was doing my best, although I just couldn't connect well, much of the time. Enjoying the return of my sense of humor and compassion for others. I am still me underneath, but just couldn't get to so much unlived life in me for so long.

A year ago I expected to feel an unending gratitude for feeling well, if it happened, but have had this paradoxical reaction. On a bad day here and there I find myself saying "what is this crap" or "I don't have time to feel bad." It is funny, in a way, that I am losing the sense that I am a "sick person" and meet each day expecting to connect well with others and do what I please.

Most days I am symptom free besides some dietary restrictions. I still have some racing/ perseverative thoughts which I anticipate will clear over the corse of the next year; there is a lot to healing the brain. Occasionally I have a lot of internal muscle twitching, intense anxiety, difficulty eye tracking, breathlessness, and fatigue which lasts a week or two, then symptom free again. It could be Lyme, hhv6, or low iron, who knows, but it doesn't keep me down.

My really good gains have come with the consistency of daily dives. I have been very consistent since dive 75, and have missed sparingly (less than a day every month or two.) I was scared to think this therapy would work for me, but am thrilled with what I am able to do and how well things are going. I do not plan to update my labs until the two year mark which will be next February.

Phoiph and Peimomma thank you so much for helping me find this path and your encouragement and support through a rough beginning!

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Awesome update, Jolley...congratulations!

You reminded me of when, after about a year of mHBOT, without thinking I found myself using the "Lyme-label" in the past tense (i.e., "I HAD Lyme..." vs."I HAVE Lyme..."). That was a great realization.

I think you'll find a lot of healing takes place between the first and second year of mHBOT...I actually didn't cut back on my dives for 2-1/2 years...

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Jolley, do you feel like the breathlessness could be Babesia? Just wondering. That is one of my big remaining issues.
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is encouraging to hear about your improvement. Thanks for sharing [Smile]
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph, very excited to see what year 2 brings.Thanks Monti 😊

Dan67 I'm not sure about the breathlessness episodes but they come every few months. They seem to be getting fewer and farther between. I have very high c4a levels and very low vegf so my doc thinks it is either mold, Lyme, anemia, or hhv6 or a combo of those. I treated babesia with pharmaceuticals and herbs for 2 years and didn't seem to get better or worse. I hope mHbot helps your situation too.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Oh Happy Day! Jolley- I am SO happy to read your update! What a gift to be given your life back... I think any of us are cautiously optimistic with any new protocol and I think with the two steps forward, one back, if I've gathered it correctly from the warriors that have gone before me, you just keep going. I'm thrilled to hear that you are back in the game and I'm excited to see what this next year brings you! Do keep us posted and I want you to know you made my 6 months with this post! Hooray and thank you...

Hi Dan and Monti! Dan, I hope the breathlessness improves- it's encouraging to see that for Jolley it's lessening over time!

Thank you Phioph and Peimomma too!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by dan67:
Jolley, do you feel like the breathlessness could be Babesia? Just wondering. That is one of my big remaining issues.

Have you considered that breathlessness can also be caused by an acidic PH and/or chronic dehydration, which is common in chronic illnesses?

It can be the body's attempt to restore balance.

https://www.boundless.com/physiology/textbooks/boundless-anatomy-and-physiology-textbook/body-fluids-and-acid-base-balance-26/acid-base-balance-248/regulation-of-h-by-the-lungs-121 8-37/

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Good for you, Jolley! It sure seems that those of us that hang in there for the long haul are seeing benefits.

For those of you not there yet, try not to micro-manage the process...just get in your chamber each day and you will eventually see benefits.

Happy Diving to All!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Digby, for that encouragement! It means a lot... I am hoping to be part of the success on this thread! I appreciate the time people take to keep us updated as we all can use the lessons learned and encouragement!
6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try #2....

"Just starting to get info on this. Is anyone interested in sharing a rental? I live in the Lisle, IL area."

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi 6Hypnone...

I haven't forgotten you and am still looking and keeping an ear open.

Keep trying to find people locally through any Lyme groups, alternative practitioners, etc., who may know interested people...

Another alternative that has worked for 2 people I know of is crowd funding through GoFundMe. One person raised enough to rent a chamber for 3 months (at which time he became well enough to work again and continue to fund it himself), and the other raised enough to actually purchase a chamber.

reminder
Member # 48228

Hello,

Quick update:

Dive #280 as I write.

3 years ago my labs were (stated by many Drs) showing signs of some major illness.

Going to keep this short for now....as I am still trying to recover.

Yesterday I went to my LLMD and he told me "you are not out of the woods,however,some very positive changes in your blood work")

It took me some time to actually believe that diving would work for me.....now off all Lyme (with coinfections) meds.

The more I read about this therapy,the more convinced I am.....now,everyday,without hesitation,an hour in this chamber and actually having moments feeling like my old self again.....can't put this into words.

I will update again soon and reading these posts is such an inspiration.

Quote Phioph...."low and slow"

)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Very happy for you, Reminder!

Many thanks for the update. People new to mHBOT ask me all the time for "testimonials", so these posts are invaluable to others.

Please keep them coming!

That said, in our excitement over all the successful reports, let's not forget to put our collective heads together for the few we know are still struggling...Monti...Spinning...Haley...

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very encouraging to hear reminder. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Phoiph [Smile]

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristine001
Member # 47901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristine001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update:
Starting in May 2016 I worked up to 1 hr/day with the mask, taking 149 days. I am now at 237 days and have had great improvement. I have lots of energy, no longer suffer post exertional malaise, and feel happy nearly all the time. My cortisol levels are normal for the first time in 17 years! I never did the antibiotics or other Rxs because of chemical sensitivity, and am seeing some improvement there too. I am still severely underweight and my gut bothers me...no changes there, despite all my hard work.

Question/Concern:
For the last couple of months I have had increasing skipped heart beats. 100's a day. It is worst while lying down so I really notice it in the chamber. I've been wondering if the cause is the chamber/O2 since increasing my electrolytes, taurine, d-ribose, etc., hasn't helped. I see Reminder mentioned skipped beats as well. Any thoughts on this? I am a canary in the coal mine, whatever weird side effect I can get I will.

Posts: 22 | From HI | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Wow, Kristine- that is great progress! Thank you so much for the update! I am sorry but I don't know anything about the heart skipping. Maybe Phioph will chime in. You may want to get checked out for safety reasons but I defer to Phioph here as she is the experienced one here. Thinking of you...

Thanks for all the updates and encouragement! Go Divers Go! Hugs!

Kristine001
Member # 47901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristine001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention that I also got my brain back!!! That's the best part!
Posts: 22 | From HI | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Kristine001...

So great to hear of your progress!

About the PVC's...to be on the safe side, have you had them checked out?

Some thoughts:

Are you on a good absorbable magnesium (e.g., ReMag liquid), and CoQ10? Do you use filtered water and add minerals?

How is your thyroid function?

I am wondering if the ongoing gut issues that you mention might also be contributing by preventing absorption of some key nutrients...causing electrolyte imbalances (even though you've tried to supplement electrolytes).

Also, stomach issues can irritate the vagus nerve, which has a direct connection with heart rhythm.

You might also try changing positions, especially lying on your right side to see if this helps...

Kristine001
Member # 47901

Hi Phioph,

The soonest I can get the PVCs checked w/o an ER visit is the 21st. I've been to Dr with fewer PVCs but they never occur when I'm there or when wearing a monitor so Dr says I'm imagining it. He's also never heard of Lyme Carditis so I don't trust him!

I do epsom tubs because magnesium hurts my gut, as does CoQ10. No luck finding a transdermal version. I take minerals (except calcium and iodine) daily. Adding calcium last week hasn't helped. I do think absorption could be to blame, and I especially want to get that CoQ10 in.

The Vagus nerve is also a possibility...working hard on my gut and getting nowhere.

If it were you, would you take a break from the HBOT and risk losing the gains? Drop down in time? I don't want to tell my cardiologist I'm using the HBOT, he would completely balk.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Kristine- Have you heard of the GAPS diet and book. That has definitely been a cornerstone for me and recovering my gut. Mine was shot from years of abx even before Lyme I think but especially after. I hope this might help you. They are big about healing the gut lining and beneficial flora. I still use it as the foundation of my diet now. I always have the makings of bone broth on the stove. It's easy with a cut up chicken! My butcher has been a Godsend. Hugs!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

One last thing Kris- I also saw a turn around with digestive enzymes. I went from always showing\testing for malabsorption\low protein despite eating a lot of it to normal levels. I do believe Gut health is crucial. So happy for your success and I trust you are on your way to figuring this other piece out!

FYI: Gapsdiet.com and Dr.Natasha McBride is the author of GAPS- a wonderful resource for sure! Made the gut health piece plain and simple for me! [group hug]

Kristine001
Member # 47901

You guys are awesome! I did the full GAPS diet for 3 years and it made a HUGE difference. Could barely eat at all before. I still eat mostly GAPS with a little rice and quinoa for weight. Still, I can't handle even a tiny sprinkle of enzymes, and only d-lactate-free probiotics. I just know if my gut lining were good enough for enzymes I could get over this hump, but they inflame my gut terribly. Any thoughts welcome!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Kristine, I am sorry to hear this. At least you can do the d-lactate free probiotics. There was a time when I couldn't even do probiotics so I get where you are coming from.

Have you tried Digest More Ultra by Renew Life-- even one with some bone broth before a meal or with a meal? Could it be that you need these better enzymes? They are not cheap but they are free of allergens. I hesitate to recommend anything in the event they hurt you. You might want to look into these in the event the ones you have - have something in them - that is an additive by chance that bothers you? You have me stumped. I don't have a ND. It seems to me that's who you might need here.

Calling all experts for Kristine.... [confused]

Help please! Please see above post. Need advisement on enzymes. There are so many learned people here... I did a little web research that turned up nothing right off the bat. When I have time, I will look more into this....

HUGS and keep up the progress, girl! You've encouraged me big time!

[group hug]

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

What an immense honor to start Page 23 of this incredible thread. The lives it has touched are too many to count.... the success stories too... too many to count but each and every one... like a star in the sky.... Help light OUR WAY FORWARD!

To Phoiph, who with immense selflessness, continues to share what saved her life. Tireless, with great compassion and care... She will walk beside you in this journey to see you to the other side. I don't know of a greater gift...

I am left without words and changed forever... Having caught a glimpse of my old life this morning (wellness), even for a fleeting moment, it was beyond all words.... I almost cried... This illness has a way of making you forget what those moments were like and that surviving is an achievement (and believe me, I am not saying it's not- I've done a lot of that).

Thank you, Phoiph, for holding out HOPE and a life raft, for me and for so many.... This one is for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofSnsGkops

With all the gratitude my heart can hold... And, to all that have come before and helped to light the way...I express my sincerest gratitude... It takes many stars to light the night sky.... SHINE ON...

[group hug]

[ 02-11-2017, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: willbeatthis ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

willbeatthis...

Awww...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! I honestly don't deserve that much credit though...as it is a privilege and super rewarding to me to witness people's progress. (Let's see how you feel about me if/when things get rough...LOL...just kidding... [Smile] )

Kristine...I can so relate to your gut issues. I was there as well...the same 5-6 foods for over 5 years, and couldn't take supplements. Although you haven't made progress in that area yet, I am hopeful that continued mHBOT will help your gut, as it did mine.

If I understand this right, you are on dive 237, but 149 of those dives were working up to full protocol. So...for comparison, my gut was still very much healing at that time. I believe that if you stick with your GAPS and mHBOT, in time you will see more improvement.

About the PVC's. I haven't been able to find anything in the literature that oxygen or mHBOT would promote those (actually on the contrary), but if you feel it is having an effect, then you could back off until you can see your cardiologist on the 21st. That is only 10 days...so don't worry too much about taking that break from mHBOT at this point. It would also give you a chance to see if anything changes.

Also...you didn't mention if you have had your thyroid levels tested (complete panel) and/or are on thyroid meds...(as this can greatly affect PVC's)?

kgg
Member # 5867

Kristine, I too, do not tolerate digestive enzymes or oral magnesium.

I am concerned about the PVCs. The amount. Whenever I get an appointment that feels like it is way out in the future, I ask to be put on the cancellation list. Many times, I will get in sooner that way.

It is also very common for people to wear a cardiac monitor and not have their heart act up while it is on. If that happens, many times they will wear it longer than just the 24 hours that is initially prescribed.

I have used the https://lymediseaseassociation.org/doctorsphysician referral system in the past. I don't know where you live. But you put in your zip code or town/state and check cardiologist. And it will come up with Lyme literate cardiac physicians in your area or nearest you.

Imho, there are symptoms you push through and things you don't. Your heart acting up is not one I would push through. If being the chamber irritates it. If this was me, I would not get in until I saw the cardiologist. Keep a chart or journal of how often you are getting them. Sometimes docs seeing charting of a symptom speaks louder to them than an oral report.

Lastly, my gut has been acting up. Both my PCP and naturopath suggested the low FODMAP diet. It is different that GAPS or paleo. I found out very quickly that is was the right diet for me as many of my gi symptoms quieted. I am now in the re-introduction phase, adding back in foods individually to see what I am reacting to. The hardest part of the diet is that you eliminate onions and garlic. Yup, I know. Every thing I eat had them in it. But when my gut quieted it was enough improvement to keep with it.

It is a diet out of Australia. The Monash university developed it. This is my favorite blog/web site for it: https://www.alittlebityummy.com/

Please keep us updated on how you are doing and what the doc has to say.

Best,
Karen

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement