LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 38)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Digby...but I think there is still some confusion here.

This study was comparing a non-rebreather mask (made by Hudson) with an "open mask" by Southmedic (not a Simple Hudson mask). If you look at the photograph closely, you can see the open structure.

I was suggesting the open mask as a safer and more effective alternative to the non-rebreather.

Posts: 1327 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone....ear ringing is one of my biggest problems now and wondering if maybe too much o2...too fast?

this started over 1 week ago...along with what feels like a "mind herx"? swelling in brain

the good part is my body feels pretty good....

R

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 35 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph... Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Posts: 418 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Folks
Some of the people on this forum have been diving hundreds of times something like 800 to 1000

Can anyone explain why this is such a difficult bug to kill off?

In what part of the body does it like to hide?

Thanks

Posts: 110 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HH...I don't have the time to answer your questions fully but I will say that although HBOT does kill off some of the spirochetal forms of Bb in the blood, it is pretty useless against the other pleomorphic forms like blebs and cysts that often hide in connective tissue.

That said one of the main benefits of HBOT is that it upregulates your immune system, which is effective against all the forms the bug can take. That also explains why the process is so slow. Hope that helps.

Posts: 418 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Digby that is helpful and that helps to explain why it is so hard to get rid of

The longer it has been in your body the longer it has to infiltrate right?

Posts: 110 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hominahomina:
Thanks Digby that is helpful and that helps to explain why it is so hard to get rid of

The longer it has been in your body the longer it has to infiltrate right?

Yes
Posts: 30 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodge
Member # 51434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHEW!! I just finished reading the threads from
beginning to end(5 years worth of info!) and my brain is fried but i have a smile on my face.. [Smile]

First i want to say that i didnt mean to throw everyone off asking about the non-rebreather masks. I think after reading everything Phoiph is right about the SHM. Keep it simple and safe.

I also want to say that Phoiph is truly ANGEL as im sure most of you already know. Complete dedication to help herself and others to this day speaks volumes.

So many of you have made such great strides and have helped many in telling your success stories and answering questions...Digby, Peimomma, Tick/Lymeboy?(And i truly apologize for not naming more names as my brain is a bit tired lol)

Ive been wanting to do mHBOT for close to 20 years and finally got an mHBOT about 2 weeks ago. Ive been sick and getting help for over 22 years. The first 18 years Drs said the extreme anxiety and depression were all in my head and put me on meds. So i struggled for many many years never giving up knowing they were missing something. And then about 4 years ago we found some infections...Mycoplasma, EBV, etc etc....but i never bombarded my system with antibiotics for more the 3-4 weeks a few times. I tested false-positive in the Western Blot and just got my DNA Connexions test back and is was Negative across the board. But i talked to a guy there who said just because i tested negative doesnt mean i dont have it. I like to just say that my body is in a state of non-homeostasis and its healing.. [Smile]

Im treating with a CIRS Dr. now in Tucson for Mold, MARcons etc....my body likes the dry climate better. It calms my central nervous system is think..? Im soo glad to have stumbled upon this thread for soo many reasons. One, so i could set my 02 concentrator @8.5 and not blow it out lol, two, use the right mask and keep it simple and safe and steady. And most importantly being able to meet all of you. So many stories of hope and progress and i will be one of them, i have no doubt. Yes i am a Taurus and i am stubborn lol. I have been going slow and steady(10 dives) and know when to back up a bit if need be thx to Phoiph because of her non stop effort to sound like a broken record has sunk deep in my brain. 1x a day for 60 mins for at least 20 months+

I just have a few questions, one for Digby who has recently talked about this and anyone else who knows a lot of the subject-HORMONES-I had mine tested through LabCorp and everything came back "normal" but i know they are off and that there is better testing. I know being able to get these in better shape will make a huge difference. I still have lots of anxiety, depression, brain fog, CFS, and the list goes on but those being the most prevalent. What is the best test and how expensive is it? Also im living in a mold free space finally which has helped tremendously. Im taking charcoal at low doses to pull out the mold, toxins, etc that has been in my system for years. I know that mHBOT promotes better detoxification and kills and causes some herxing so Phoiph was is your current thought on taking some sort of binders while doing the chamber maybe lessening the herxs? I'll quit rambling now but just wanted everyone to know i am truly grateful to how found this group as im sure all of you are too.. [Smile]

Rodge

[ 06-19-2018, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Rodge ]

--------------------
Rodge

Posts: 9 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn’t be surprised if the normal hormone range varies, and there could be issues, even if your results fall in the normal range.

Do you need additional testing though? If it is a problem, mhbot will help.

Posts: 30 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Rodge
What kind of setup did you get ?
Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminder, I was hoping that mHBO would get rid of the ringing in my ears (tinnitus). It did not. Although I have read about it helping others.
Posts: 1494 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Digby:
Phoiph... Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Digby~

Have you tried the Southmedic OxyMask?

Posts: 1327 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Rodge~

Thank you very much for the kind words, and most of all, thank you for reading the entire thread.

I truly wish everyone would put out that effort before they begin mHBOT, as it is so important to have the background information and learn through others' experiences.

To answer your question about binders...although I was very toxic, I did not use them, as I was too sensitive to anything I ingested.

IMO if you go slowly and carefully enough with mHBOT, your diet is clean, you move lymph through yoga and gentle exercise, and you're not trying to detox using other methods or take a lot of drugs/supplements, you really shouldn't need them.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Rodge, My Integrative Medical Doc specializes in Bio Identical Hormone Therapy (BIHT) and he uses Lab Corp for the labs.

As Charles12 said, "normal" isn't very useful information. You need someone who knows BIHT to order the right tests and determine the best levels for you.

I have worked with a client that was having bad herxes each time he used the chamber. He was successful in getting over the herxes and tolerating the chamber by doing coffee enemas. That suggests that appropriate detox procedures may well be important for some people.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Phoiph... Not yet!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Rodge
I use coffee retention enemas and they help significantly with detox
I use green unroasted robusta beans from Dean's Bean's I roast and grind them and use tablespoon of ground up beans heated up the day of the dive.
I just put the jar with ground up beans and water in the hot sun for a few hours and shake the bottle frequently it brews up nice

I also use chlorella take 6 or 7 tabs the morning of the dive and vitamin c too

Rodge
Member # 51434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Digby and Charles12-Thank you soo much for the
info, i will look into BIHT for sure.

Hominahomina- I got an Oxyhealth Solace and an
AirSep Intensity 10.

Ive done coffee enemas before and will explore that as an option, as well as the chlorella, thx guys!

Phoiph-Yes i agree reading the whole thing can

answer soo many questions you may have about soo

many different things not just about mHBOT but

about time, duration, genetics, brands, etc in

conjunction with mHBOT. Ive been doing yoga for

about 18 years now and for the last 5-6 years

since my energy has dipped significantly body loves

YIN/Restorative. I cant highly recommend this

enough to everyone. Even if you have very little

energy you can find an easy and very simple class

that gets you moving,calms you down and builds

community. This illness can be so isolating and

yoga has helped me beyound words in soo many ways.

I hope more ppl try it.. [Smile]

--------------------
Rodge

Posts: 9 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20PlusLyme
Member # 51446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20PlusLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminder - I had consistent loud tinnitus before starting mHBOT. I'm two months into daily diving and the tinnitus seems less frequent and not as loud lately.

Wish I was showing general body improvements like you are, but I'm hoping and trying to stick with it.

Posts: 9 | From Northeast USA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Digby:
Phoiph... Not yet!

Digby~

The first time I bought a Southmedic OxyMask several years ago, I wasn't able to off-gas it, and it continued to have a very strong vinyl-y odor. Although I found it very comfortable, I only used it a couple of times for this reason.

I recently bought another OxyMask, and found that this time, it off-gassed fairly quickly. (I did leave it in the rain overnight by accident...maybe this helped!)

Anyway, I do like it now, and according to the study I posted earlier, it is potentially more effective than the Simple Hudson Mask or the non-rebreather (and safer).

Phoiph
Member # 41238

20PlusLyme~

Please stick with it...at 2 months you are only at the beginning of the process!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Phoiph...Do you have a link to the mew mask?

I always out-gas my masks for at least week. I just blow up the bag and leave it sitting out. I really don't like the smell at first.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Phoiph I would like to know more about the Southmedic Oxymask too
What do you mean by potentially more effective?

Thanks

20PlusLyme
Member # 51446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20PlusLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph - thanks for the encouragement, I'm still at it daily.

Digby - great idea leaving the masks out for a week+. I think I will try blowing a little oxygen through the tubing each day to give it more fresh air exposure.

I am very sensitive to off-gassing from new masks, cars, beds, etc. and was concerned about what my Newtowne chamber would smell like when it arrived. I was amazed that it had almost no odor. I still aired it out overnight before my first dive, but didn't have any problems.

Posts: 9 | From Northeast USA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

HH, I think Phoiph was referring to the study she posted which suggested that it might deliver more O2 than the other masks.
Rodge
Member # 51434

Phoiph--I like the OxyMask, it looks like it delivers more oxygen. Can you tell a difference?

Digby--Whats your opinion on the OxyMask?

--------------------
Rodge

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Here is a link for the OxyMask:

https://www.amazon.com/Oxy-Mask-OxyMask-1125-8/dp/B01JPV5DBA/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1529810123&sr=1-1&keywords=southmedic+OxyMask&dpID=51VO9YO12ZL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpS rc=srch

I think the OxyMask is more comfortable, but I feel no discernable difference otherwise (nor would I expect to).

Because I became well using a Simple Hudson Mask, I'm not overly concerned with a need for more 02. That said, for those who are hell-bent on "more is better", I would rather see them use the open OxyMask, as it is a much safer choice for our purposes than the non-rebreather (and more effective according to the study).

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Thanks Phoiph.
Rodge
Member # 51434

Hey guys heres an interesting podcast from March 2018 with Dr Paul Harch and Dave Asprey. Wondering everyones thoughts.....

https://blog.bulletproof.com/dr-paul-harch/

--------------------
Rodge

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Rodge...Thanks for that link. I can't believe I hadn't seen this. Wonderful podcast that everyone interested in HBOT should listen to.

I was really surprised at Dr. Harch's support of the mild chambers. For a while he was saying that only the full chambers were efficacious. I'm so happy that he has gone back to his early statements about how the mild chambers have their place.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Rodge...Really great interview...I posted it on my website...thanks!

I agree with Digby. I'm SO glad Dr. Harch is expressing support of home chambers again.

tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any opinions on using Low Dose Naltrexone in conjunction with HBOT?
Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

tom f, I know of one person that is doing LDN with HBOT and seems to be doing well.

I personally think that it would be a good match.

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HW88:
I'm not sure if I had a stressor that triggered it. I know it was gradual and that I had 'episodes' before it full on took my life.

Soo, venting. . . And I'm sorry for this, I just need people that understand what I'm going through to hear me.

I didn't sleep well last night... again. I don't feel like I"ve slept hardly at all since coming off my antibiotics in December and even before that, it wasn't great.

I'm an emotional ball. The Anxiety shoots through the roof when I don't sleep and my brain and eyes just feel like they are on fire. It just WON'T SHUT OFF. I literally feel I'm going to have a break down at times.

I did have about 4 pretty good days again... I'm slowly adding in the above mentioned meds. But I feel like if I don't get consistent sleep soon, I really am going to lose it.

I'm sorry to be debbie downer today, I just cry and want this to all end.

BLAH, ok, I'm going to stop crying and go for a short walk. then maybe try and rest. I don't know how much longer I can do this. I need sleep!

Sorry again.

It appears you may very well be going through "Klonopin Withdrawal"!

I started my taper last year at a daily dose of 1.5 mg to 2 mg daily! I'm now down to 0.25 mg and plan to finish off my taper within the next three to six months!

I confided in "Phoiph", last year via email and told her I was about to embark on the "Monumental task" of getting off both "Klonopin and All RX Drugs", for that matter once and for all!

Considering you too have children to care for may I kindly share with you some things I would have done differently? Being able to look back objectively at both my battle with "Chronic Lyme", and "All Things Benzos", in hindsight with 20/20 may be of value to you?

As parents with children it really is difficult trying to manage "Living for today", (IE) creating memories NOW... and "Living For Tomorrow" hence creating future memories isn't it?

After Phopih, literally saved my life I was "Ecstatic" some might even argue "Euphoric" at the mere prospect of being able to raise my then 10 year old son!

However I soon realized after diving that I was going to need to come off "All the RX drugs" I was taking "Including Benzos", in order to make a full recovery!

So here I am "12 months later", and nothing I repeat nothing could have prepared me for this "Nothing"!

Looking back on this whole journey I'm not sure how many of my symptoms were related to "Lyme", and how many were related to "Tolerance Withdraw"?

I highly recommend reading the "Ashton Manual", if you haven't already done so? "Slow and Steady", wins this race as "Phopih", is often time quoted as saying(-: Also I wish I would have "Micro Tapered", possibly even liquid tapered for the entire duration of my taper.

(FYI) I just started diving again today after not diving even once over the last twelve months! I read your post while laying in bed and felt compelled to write. I didn't feel both my brain / body could handle any additional trauma "Right Now" which is why I elected not to dive.

The original plan was to finish the taper in six month and then finish with "One to two years of solid MHBOT"! If anything me not diving for the last twelve months should be a testament to the efficacy of "MHBOT", for those who saw me at my worst! I can 100% guarantee you I wouldn't be writing this right now if it weren't for both "PHOIPH", and "MHBOT". MHBOT 110% with out a doubt saved my life and enabled me to raise my son over the last three years "Glory To God"

Before I go I want to clarify that I truly feel 90% of the symptoms I'm currently experiencing right now are largely attributed to "Tolerance Withdrawal"...NOT Lyme disease! The reason being is that when "I'm not in a WAVE", but rather a "WINDOW" I can feel "Decent" for weeks at a time(-:

When I was super ill with "Chronic Lyme", I never had any "WINDOWS",...just a horrible 24/7 365 days a year sick "Lymey feeling!

Please remember I'm writing this to you while going through a massive "WAVE". I will post here the next time I'm in a "WINDOW" as the quality of my writing should be better(-:

"Klonopin Withdrawl", is an entirely different animal... something I wish I would have known more about before I agreed to take that first dreaded pill! I wanted to make that possible connection for you....just in case you're still searching for answers!

I would write more however once again.. I'm currently in the clutches of a nasty "Wave", and barely had the energy / mental capacity to write this! I will post here the next time I'm experiencing a "WINDOW". I wish you the very best and hope some of the aforementioned makes sense?

Posts: 48 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking4Hope, that is so sweet and considerate of you to write all of that when you are in a nasty wave. I understood how hard Klonopin was to come off of when I read many have to use the water taper. Now that is super sensitive!

I hope your wave is short and your next window much longer.

Posts: 1494 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Looking4hope
You say you are starting to dive again after 12 months
Can you describe how you feel the first few dives?

Thanks

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hominahomina:
Looking4hope
You say you are starting to dive again after 12 months
Can you describe how you feel the first few dives?

Thanks

So I just finished my "Second Dive" after not diving for over 12 months! The dives have both been 60 minutes in duration without supplemental oxygen! I'm going to consider using my "Oxygen Concentrator", this go around if I can control the "Herx's"!

While going through "Benzo W/D", I have used both "Water Enemas", and "Coffee Enemas", fairly regularly! Both have been incredibly valuable and I wouldn't have gotten this far without them!

Benzo W/D, also has quite literally forced me to eat "Super Clean", something I didn't do "Consistently" my first go around either)-:

My hypothesis is that with both a far superior diet coupled with "Zero RX Drugs", my body will heal and then some this time around! I found a gal on "Youtube", who was quite successful following a similar protocol (IE) "MHBOT","Coffee Enemas", "Great Diet", "ZERO Drugs".. etc

So far I have experienced "Zero Herxeimier Reaction", which is absolutely amazing considering this was the primary reason I was unable to be "Consistent", my first go around!

I believe some of of the reasons touched upon above (IE) "Poor Diet", "RX Drugs", and "No Water / Coffee Enemas", were the reason I herxed so bad the first time around!

The last year for me personally has been spent fighting a fight which has been on par with that of me being extremely ill while battling "Chronic Lyme"! The only difference is I have also experienced beautiful "Windows"...that never happened when I was sick 24/7 365 days a year with Lyme!The "Windows" at times have afforded me levels of clarity I haven't experienced in years!

I will post my future progress not only here but additionally in the "Benzo W/D Support Groups", as well! With so many people suffering I hope to some day be a beacon of HOPE to those within the "TBI Community", "Lyme Community","Benzo Community" etc.. God bless you all!

Posts: 48 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is just more info on the Southmedic Oxymask.
This is a video comparison of the Oxymask to a typical re-breather mask.
youtube oxymask

Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Thank you tom f. I Just finished my third dive today within the span of three days "So far so good" with "Zero Herx"!

If anything I'm feeling far better then I did prior to using the chamber! This was never possible in my past experiences when using MHBOT as my Herx's were the sole reason I was unable to be "Consistent"(-:

I never got that "True Healing", my first go around largely attributed in my own personal opinion to the following...

1.RX drugs in my body.. chiefly "Klonopin"
2.No method of detoxifying "When Herxing"
3.Lack of consitency
4.Diet not on point 100% of the time!

The goal as previously stated is to eventually use the chamber with supplemental 02 once I feel my body / brain can handle it!

Thank you "Oxyhealth", for the wealth of information you guys provide whenever I reach out to you!

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Hey All,

I'm going to post here one last time before coming back in a month or so with an update!

I have now completed five dives in "Five Days" each 60 minutes in duration.

Additional I'm now using "Supplemental O2" and have my oxygen concentrator set at (8.5 lpm). Thus far I still haven't herxed?

I'm both intrigued and incredibly optimistic at the same time as "Herxing", was the primary reason I was unable to remain consistent in the past!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Looking4hope~

Great to hear from you.

So sorry you've been going through a rough time with the Klonopin withdrawal. I often thought my severe symptoms were in part related to constant withdrawal, since I never increased my dose over a number of years, and had surely built up a tolerance. As you mentioned, if you look up the symptoms of withdrawal, they mirror Lyme. So grateful to be med free.

If you look up the interviews with Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac), she talks about how Klonipin took 8 years of her life, and was more difficult to get off of than cocaine or heroin.

I am very happy to hear you're using your chamber again. I would have suggested you start up more slowly, but you know the drill. :)

Congratulations on how far you've come, Looking!

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Hey Phoiph,

Great to hear from you as well my friend! Fleetwood Mac is one of my "Old School Favorite Bands"! I have both watched and heavily researched "Stevie's" battle to get off Klonopin once upon a time!

During the last year while performing my "Benzo Taper", I joined an online Benzo Support Group.

There as so many good people there who have been off the drug for "Months / Years" and are still going through "PAWS", better known as "Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome"!

As one can imagine these individuals are extremely desperate.. and sadly many take their lives!

This led me to start researching things such "Drug Related", and "Alcohol Related", brain injuries!

I believe I might possibly be on to something here! I haven't found a whole lot of research on "MHBOT BENZO W/D", unless I'missing something? I will be posting "Updates", regularly via the support group I'm involved with!

(Good News) I'm now down to 0.125 mgs and plan on "Jumping", or getting off completely in the next couple months maybe sooner!

What's interesting is I "Dry Cut", down from 0.25 mg to 0.125 mgs "Only after I started using MHBOT with Oxygen"?

This is absolutely HUGE as I hadn't had the courage to "Dry Cut" or "Liquid Taper", for that matter after going through four months of sheer TERROR after finally stabilizing at 0.25 mg!

Originally my plan was to start slowly as you suggested, however in the spirit of "Science"..I'm going to keep pushing forward considering the aforementioned above!

Thank you once again Phoiph and although I'm far from out of the woods yet...I'm beginning to see that a "Complete Healing" is possible over time!

tom f
Member # 51089

Hi all,
I am starting mHBOT for my illness.
I have Lyme symptoms with moderate peripheral neuropathy. My only positive test is for
Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Anibiotic treatment(Wheldon Protocol) for Chlamydia Pneumoniae put me in the ER so I am trying mHBOT.

I did end up finding a Newtowne chamber - my first dive didn't go so well. My ears did not equalize - I had to stop at 2psi from pain in my right ear and sharp pains when I depressurized from the 2psi. Slight ringing and noticeable hearing loss that lasted about a day.

kgg
Member # 5867

tom f, I am really glad you stopped at 2 psi. I take about 10 minutes to depressurize. That requires not closing the valve all of the way but left partially open.

Initially, I would chew gum, using "ear planes" ear plugs and drink water to help my ears. There is also a maneuver where you plugged your nose and gently blow out. That should help your ears pop.

reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Abvice please.....can't stare at the screen long so I will get right to it.

New pain in feet...light someone is holding a lighter to toes and ball of one foot? (blood sugar is fine)

Stomach issues are back.....diet is most keto...good high fats and nutrients....gas is still awful...sorry tmi.

Even the rashes on my thighs are now getting larger again?

Dr appointment next week and now liver enzymes are raised and I am concerned....as usual...

My personal opinion is my body is not disposing of the toxins fast enough and they will eventually destroy my organs...(kidneys have already been compromised)

Any advice would be great....much appreciated,

Reminder

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 35 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

sorry,

started off lorazapam...however,staying on until i get a bit better,it helps me stay calm when I am not well....been taking for years now due to this situation.

tks

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Phoiph
Member # 41238

reminder~

Your symptom flare could definitely be related to tapering off lorazapam. Did you begin tapering before the symptom flare?

reminder
Member # 48228

Hello Phioph,

Symptoms started before...weeks ago

Back to benzos yesterday.....no choice,a real roller coaster...with new symptoms

thought i was at the tail end of this...not so sure
now,

r

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Hey Phoiph

Do you remember exactly how you felt when withdrawing from Benzos? I believe you were withdrawing from a Benzo while also healing from "Chronic Lyme" at the same time correct?

Klonopin W/D for me personally at times has been equally as difficult as when my "Chronic Lyme" had me both "Bed Bound / Home bound"!

The symptoms I'm currently experiencing are far different then those I experienced when I was extremely sick with "Chronic Lyme". It seems I have a classic case of all things "Beno W/D"..time will tell!

I have decided not to leave any stones unturned this go around! For instance I'm "Diving Consistently", "Eating Super Clean", "Almost Off All RX Drugs", "Detoxing", and the list goes on!

At times "Including Right Now", I'm 100% agoraphobic which many withdrawing from Benzos seem to be...however that doesn't make things any easier!

I "GHOST" or rather drive to the store late at night in an attempt to mitigate my contact with others right now.

When I read that many of our respected men and women who served in Iraq /Afghanistan were also "Agoraphobic" due to "Benzo W/D"..it slowly began to sink in)-: This symptom has come and gone many times throughout this W/D..absolutely brutal.

I have now completed my 11th dive with Oxygen and so far "Zero Herx", related symptoms "YES"! I'm just going to POWER it out & don't really have any expectations until around the three to four month mark!

I have read some really fantastic things about "IV Ketamine" however because I'm currently still on a minuscule amount of a "Benzo",.. the therapy historically doesn't tend to work as well)-: Might explore this at a later time need be?

Best Wishes, to all those trying to HEAL from a Benzo(s) while also doing MHBOT therapy! If I had to do it all over again I would have "Liquid / Micro" tapered for the entire duration of my taper!

[ 07-24-2018, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Looking4hope ]

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

quote:
Originally posted by reminder:
Hello Phioph,

Symptoms started before...weeks ago

Back to benzos yesterday.....no choice,a real roller coaster...with new symptoms

thought i was at the tail end of this...not so sure
now,

r

Please research "Benzo Kindling"...just looking out for you friend(-: The Ashton Manual is located here https://benzo.org.uk/manual/
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. I thought I would give an update.

I just looked back at my post on 6/3 and things are way better since that time. It's a slow incline upward.

I would like to suggest something to those that don't seem to be progressing like they should. Get an HTMA (Hair trace mineral analysis), this is a test where they take a sample of your hair and see what your minerals are. You will not see these ratios in blood tests.

I have two words for adding minerals to the regimen, "Game Changer". I started thinking about this, why was it that Phoiph got well, but others are struggling? Maybe it had to do with the bone broth!!! Tons of minerals in a liquid form. I believe at one point she was only consuming bone broth. Not everyone can tolerate bone broth, but there are liquid minerals etc.

I can't say that I'm feeling great yet, or even really good, but these are the very subtle things that I am noticing. My immune system is gradually getting back on line. This encourages me more than having a really good day.

- My nails and skin are strong (which they never have been).

- My bowel movements are becoming regular (This has always been a big problem for me).

- I am sweating buckets. I had stopped sweating (even in my sauna).

- I'm getting a runny nose (can't remember the last time I had a runny nose).

- I'm hydrated (my finger tips don't look like prunes)

- When I walk I don't feel like I am dragging an elephant with me. It's a bit easier.

Here is the lab for the hair analysis if you are interested. You need to find a practitioner that can order it.

http://www.traceelements.com/

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Haley

Do you make your own bone broth ?
How often do you drink it?

Thanks for your report

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Homina- my attempt at making bone broth has been pretty pathetic. It tastes terrible!!! I can tolerate chicken broth, but the beef soup causes me to itch for some reason... I guess it’s a histamine reaction.

I am, however, taking potassium and other trace minerals. One thing that has helped a lot is an adrenal cocktail. Fresh OJ, cream of tartar and sea salt. I needed potassium badly!!!

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

Looking4hope...........thank you for your kindness.

Still diving...bone broth...added light coffee enemas has helped my liver detox all this junk (benzos) out of mysystem....still going to taper and on that site now)

r

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

tom f
Member # 51089

Is the consensus still 1 hour treatment is ideal?
On paper - 1 hour at 1.5 ATA seems alot different than 1 hour at 1.3 ATA.

1.3 ATA - 4.2psi - 9.7 water depth
1.4 ATA - 5.9psi - 13.6 water depth
1.5 ATA - 7.4psi - 17.0 water depth

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Tom~

IMO, 1 hour daily is ideal (not counting the time it takes to pressure up and down).

Some people do increase to 1.25 or 1.5 hours once they are more accustomed to diving and are no longer experiencing reactions. For others, this is too much.

The more important factor is not whether you do 1 hour or 1.5 hours, but whether you dive frequently and consistently.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

"Do you remember exactly how you felt when withdrawing from Benzos? I believe you were withdrawing from a Benzo while also healing from "Chronic Lyme" at the same time correct?"

Looking4Hope~

Yes, I believe I was in continual withdrawal while I had Lyme, and it was impossible to tell which symptoms were which.

The agoraphobic-type symptoms I experienced were a sense of extreme "conspicuousness", vulnerability, and rawness to the point of not having the strength to be in the presence of others, as I couldn't withstand their overpowering energy. Even their clothes seemed "loud"!

This extreme sensitivity, IMO, is not true "agoraphobia", but in part has to do with the physical GABA withdrawal. On top of all the other symptoms I was experiencing, it constantly felt as if I were wearing my unsheathed nerves on the outside of my body.

That said, I am confident that the chamber will allow your nerves/receptors to heal and rebuild over time, as it did mine.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Haley~

I'm so glad you're doing a bit better!

Good point about the minerals.

I do believe the bone broth was instrumental in my recovery. When I was able to tolerate more substances, I also began the liquid minerals and magnesium that I continue to take.

Rodge
Member # 51434

Hey guys, hopefully someone will see this sooner than later. I know its in the thread somewhere but should i dive if i have a head/chest cold or wait? Thanks!.... [Smile]

--------------------
Rodge

koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is quite a thread and thank you all for keeping it going. I've been thinking of doing HBOT so I have been doing my homework. I still have many more pages to read.

I am trying to determine if I would even be a candidate for this. It seems those who are using it have a high bacterial load and a lot of symptoms.

I stopped taking ABX routinely in 2013. I have had to go back on from time to time when I feel like I feel like I flare. I do herbals and plenty of supplements. I exercise routinely, reformer and yoga.

I feel like ABX are getting tougher and tougher to handle. I don't feel like I herx anymore but they do seem to make me feel better. My CD57 is only in the 40 range and has been a pretty good marker for me.

Would HBOT, or I should say mBOT, help me? I have put some thought into this and figured if I still had a low level of infection it may help, but also if what I was experiencing was more damage/fallout from disease it should help.

I would like to get to the next level of healing. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently found out I have Q fever. Maybe that is why mild hyperbaric wasn't helpful for me?
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Help anyone?

Something very bizarre just happened.

The pressure started going down and then a loud noise from the valve on the right side. Do you know what this is? Is it broken? Yikes, hope not.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi foxy~

Good to hear from you!

I don't think anyone can answer that question for sure, but I don't believe so.

If I recall, you were concurrently on a number of different meds and therapies, which can definitely present a much different, and often more complex picture.

Hopefully you are doing better now?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haley~

Pressurize your chamber again while you are on the outside. (Be sure to have your oxygen concentrator "on" so the backpressure won't damage it.)

Do you see/hear an obvious leak?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

"...Would HBOT, or I should say mBOT, help me? I have put some thought into this and figured if I still had a low level of infection it may help, but also if what I was experiencing was more damage/fallout from disease it should help."

koo~

I agree!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Rodge:
Hey guys, hopefully someone will see this sooner than later. I know its in the thread somewhere but should i dive if i have a head/chest cold or wait? Thanks!.... :)

Hi Rodge~

I answered you via PM, but I wanted to reiterate that you shouldn't dive if you have sinus/ear congestion, or a fever.

Haley
Member # 22008

Wow 😮 ok ... there absolutely is a leak. I have never filled it up from the outside.

I now realize this has probably been there all along. Remember when I had issues getting it to fill up in the beginning? I just assumed it was quirky, but it actually was leaking air. If I shut that seam it fills up right away.

It’s coming from the seam around the window. It looks like it could be glued shut, but not sure. I can actually take my finger and put it through the seam.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Phoiph I AM feeling a bit better thank you for asking. [Smile]

I am doing mostly herbs this year. I at least have ups and downs. It used to be only down. [Frown]

Now that I found out I have Q fever, I have to go back on doxy. Q fever can be deadly so it is nothing to mess around with. I don't want to go back on it but here I go...

Still test positive for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma, Epstein Barr and now Q fever. It is so discouraging....

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Haley
who made your chamber?
Can they fix it?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haley~

So sorry to hear that. You will need to call Jeff (tech) at Oxyhealth, at 877.789.0123. Let him know that you depend on your chamber for serious health issues and need it to be repaired as quickly as possible. If it is going to take a long time, maybe he will send you a loaner.

I'm assuming your chamber is not still under warranty. I will warn you in advance that although less than a zipper repair, the window seal repair is not inexpensive...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy~

Do you have any plans to start mHBOT again?

Haley
Member # 22008

Homina - it’s an oxyhealth.

Thanks Phoiph- I’ll call him. It looks like it would be very easy to fix.., I’ll just have to see.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Phoiph,

No, I am consuming a lot of herbs and recently CBD oil has given me quite a boost. [Smile] [Smile]

I am in phase 1 of Q fever so it must have came from a new tick bite I go this summer. So I doubt I had it when I did the hyperbaric.

I recently found out I am loaded with Bartonella. I am suspicious this has been my main problem all along and not so much Lyme.

I don't think I was treated aggressively enough for that! So here I go...

I did love doing the chamber though. I know it sounds weird but it was fun to zip away the world and relax! [Wink]

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Haley
Can you tell me
Did you buy the chamber new or used how long have you had it?

Foxy Loxy
Can you elaborate on how the CBD oil gives you a boost and what kind you are using?

Thanks

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I use Charlottes Web. It makes my head feel better! Not all the time and not perfectly, but I will take it!

I have only been on it about a month. It did take a while for me to see results, so hopefully it will help even more.

I encourage anyone sick,to try it!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Foxy
Does it improve your sleep If so in what way?

Thanks

This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.