LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 39)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina - I bought it new ( pretty sure this is rare though ).
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina, I do not have trouble sleeping, but my Dad has Parkinson's and he does. He takes CBD oil before bed and it really helps him!
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there an easy way to fold the Oxyhealth chamber. This is the biggest workout I’ve had in a while 😊
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley~

Be sure to take off all connectors, sound dampener, tubing, and gauge extender (if you have one). Don't send those with your chamber, as you likely will not get them back.

Zip up the zippers, and lay chamber flat. Pleat the long sides in to make it narrower. Roll it loosely (like a sleeping bag), and try not to crease the window(s). You can put an old towel over the window to protect it (but you won't get that back either).

I'm sure Jeff gave you instructions on how to insure and ship...

Posts: 1329 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Thanks Phoiph. Yes he gave me the address etc. I do send the gauge though... correct. I have to figure out how to remove the extender from the gauge.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just unscrew the whole thing at the chamber, then unscrew gauge itself from extender. Screw the gauge back onto the chamber.
Posts: 1329 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Ok got it 👍
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All - Sorry to be MIA. Ive had an incredible workload in the last several months and thankfully that should be calming down!

Still diving daily for 90 min-if you are new, I don’t recommend this. Phoiph’s directives are best! I’m at sea level and found this possibly is the sweet spot. We will see.

I’ve been diving now since Jan 29 2016- crazy how fast it goes. I’ve made big gains; however, I think I have hit a rough patch.

I went to see Dr H on the 7th and golly gee about that time the bottom seemed to fall out. I tried walking around
that time and my knees started to kill me with this crazy pain in my thighs or quads. Very strange. Now I started back with weight training at that time too and it was like I woke stuff up. Then to compound things I pulled Stevia and I use a good bit of it thinking it was contributing- had some neuropathy too. Well everything increased pain wise. Stopped working out- added back in Stevia- seems to help.

Igenex showed WB IgG neg and IgM positive. Knees are still not normal- pain in legs resolving some.

Doc said call if I want to do abx, I do not. I’m holding hope that this is a speed bump! Talked with Peimomma and she said she struggled this far in too.

Any thoughts? Praise god I have herbals and riife which has helped. I’m not the poster child for this- just me - trying this all the best I know how. Gut healing diet and now no sugar. Had added a tiny bit back when I took out stevia. Dr H says stevia is a crazy good biofilm buster and part of his successful persister protocol. Any suggestions. I’ll get caught up soon. Keep Diving!!!

Posts: 839 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for checking in, Willbeatthis! (I still love that name!) I have been wondering how you are doing.

These are my thoughts, fwiw. Borrelia love tendons because they are a low oxygen area. You might have woken up the bugs. But I also wonder if there has been long term damage because of how long we have been sick. So there might be micro tears on the ligaments and tendons and the weight training made it worse. Because it is a low oxygen area it also will take time to heal. I know you are in the hot Southeast but I would be doing Epsom Salt baths daily. I truly try to stay away from antibiotics. But when I was about 2 years in, I did quite a down hill slide. I did 6 weeks of Doxycycline and Ceftin and it really helped. I was really worried I was going to go back to being bed bound. Since then, I have felt the best I have in years.

I look forward to reading Phioph's response.

Posts: 1494 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Willbeatthis~

Good to hear from you, although I'm very sorry to hear about your flare.

Unfortunately, it is not surprising to me based on what you have mentioned. You have had "an incredible workload" over the past months, and on top of it added weight training! That is a whole lot of extra energy expenditure for someone who is trying to recover from a serious chronic illness.

I remember when I tried to go back to running too soon...and I wasn't even working at the time as you are. I immediately experienced inflammation in muscles and joints, and the nerve pain flared. I was disappointed, but my body made it clear that I wasn't ready, and I backed off completely and stuck to yoga and yard work for quite awhile. It paid off to not push it, as I am now able to run again.

I am glad to hear that things will be slowing down with your work soon. I hope you can take a long break!

I can't emphasize enough the need to conserve energy and limit stress during the healing process. Otherwise, it is like bailing out a boat with a hole in it. You can stay afloat for awhile, but eventually your arm will get tired, and you'll sink a little.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kgg and Phoiph: Thank you both for your responses. That’s really helpful with regard to the micro tears as this does feel tendon like. It’s different from the hot red knee pain I used to get at the beginning of Lyme. So glad to hear you are doing so well now. I’m trying to avoid the abx now w by honestly making some lifestyle changes.

Phoiph, I hear you. I don’t want my boat to sink. I actually got something from Heartmath as encouraged by Dr. H to help with stress. It’s called inner Balance and seems to really help. Honestly, I’m doing my best to reduce my workload and thankfully I work flex hours and can rest and treat during the day. Most of my work is in the evening. I know this is more a boundary thing than anything else- I have to be able to cut it off. My right hand helper just left and that was a major stress as she’d been with me for 9 years. I am still standing.

I am committed to no working out for now- only floor stretching videos and better sleep, eating and stress management techniques. I have to work to pay for Lyme care as you all know do it’s not that I have a choice. I do have a choice with letting it own me.

Today is my line in the sand. Thank you for the wake up call. Your guidance and care means so much!

Posts: 839 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Kgg and Phoiph- since tendons are low oxygen- are they some of the last things to heal. How about glutes? I’ve been flaring there too. I’m a year and a half in so some of this is to be expected correct. Kgg, how far along are you and when did these pieces heal for you?
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Haley- So good to hear you are making real progress! I have always admired your tenacity. Sorry to hear your chamber is down. I know Phoiph helped you with breaking it down, packing it and a good oxyhealth connection. Praise God on that! Thanks for the insight on minerals. I do drink bone broth and cook all my veggies in it. I also take a 1/2 teaspoon of Trace minerals at night. They help for sure.

Hope- I’d admire your strength and tenacity! Hang in there. So glad to see you seemed to figure out the pieces to your puzzle. Detox for me is super important!

Welcome, Tom!! Foxy- hang in there- Q fever- will be praying!

Digby I hope you are well. Did you back down to an hour? You provide such amazing knowledge here!

Do I need one of these new masks? Tendons are where I am feeling the pain now- woukd this help me get more oxygen to low oxygen areas? Thank you all!!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg you mentioned borelia like tendons
and tendons are low oxygen that is interesting
Do you have any documentation on that ?
I would like to read up
Thanks

Posts: 110 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, 36 days in with surprising improvement - Whats with all this raw-burning /pricking sensation under the skin. Anyone else experiencing this burning with treatment?
Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tom
I don't know but I get an itchy scalp sometimes after a dive

You say 36 days in
Do you dive every day?
For how long?

Thanks

Posts: 110 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hey Tom- I am sorry your getting some burning. I’ve gotten some of that and even a vibrational feeling in my legs. Look forward to hearing others experiences. We all learn so much from one another. Hang in there! Congratulations on your dives!!
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomina, it has been a while since I did any research on it. Below is a quick search. It is my understanding that Borrelia like low oxygen areas of the body (joints, ligaments/tendons/nervous system) because it is an anaerobic organism.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751012/

https://hboxygen.freeyellow.com/id36.html
In pursuing hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy to treat Lyme disease, it has been shown in studies by both Charles Pavia, PhD, and William P. Fife, PhD, that spirochetes exposed to an increased partial pressure of oxygen could not survive.

Because plasma seeps into areas between cells, this increase in the amount of oxygen carried by the plasma allows oxygen to be distributed at very high levels deep within muscle and body tissues, and to areas where normal blood flow is compromised. This causes accessible Borrelia burgdorferi spirochetes to be destroyed, interrupts the reproductive cycle or forces them into spore (inactive) form.

https://www.amjorthopedics.com/article/patellar-tendon-rupture-manifestation-lyme-disease

http://www.biologischmedischcentrumbmc.nl/Chronic_persistent_Lyme-Disease_or_chronic_Borreliosis.pdf
Or, the Borrelia spirochete in all its forms are located in host tissue with few blood vessels like ligaments or tendons

Posts: 1494 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Tom: I wanted to let you know something that

worked for me today with the burning. I think I

should let everyone know. Well, I meditated while

diving today and I truly nearly feel like a new

person. Somehow, I happened upon this website

the musician Jewel put up on mindfulness etc. Oh my goodness, it is so helpful. What a gift it is.

https://www.jewelneverbroken.com/

This is by far the best dive I have ever had and I feel a ton better coming out. Thank you all for your candidness and honesty and telling me I needed to REGROUP! I did... Thank you.... Phoiph, I hope you hear me!! [group hug]

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Kgg- I must THANK YOU too!! I thought the deep breathing may help the oxygen get deeper and by goodness, I think it did [Smile] My knees and legs feel better!!! SO GRATEFUL for your helpful insight! Thank you....

[bow]

kgg
Member # 5867

I am glad to hear your knees and legs are better~
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

willbeatthis
Can you describe how you deep breath during a dive and what kind of mask you are using?

Thanks KGG for that information

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Willbeatthis...I do hear you! :)

I'm glad you brought up the benefits of meditation and/or guided relaxation in the chamber.

Even though I'm well, I feel I get so much more out of a session if I listen to a guided relaxation/meditation than if I work on my laptop. The difference is amazing...

tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by willbeatthis:
Hey Tom- I am sorry your getting some burning. I’ve gotten some of that and even a vibrational feeling in my legs. Look forward to hearing others experiences. We all learn so much from one another. Hang in there! Congratulations on your dives!!

I dive for an hour from the start, the last 2 weeks I am experimenting with 2x a day, 12 hours apart. I'm taking on Low Dose Naltrexone and am on the Zhang Lyme protocol. I also take Lions Mane also I hour before treatment for nerve/brain regeneration.
Posts: 11 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Homina Homina - Yes, I used what Jewel taught me -- breath in for five counts deep with the regular hudson mask and then count backwards from 5 and breath out and continue. I try to focus on something I love. That seems to help too.

Do not be judgemental of yourself as thoughts will come but see them as clouds passing and just get back to your numbers. She says this gives the brain something to do.

It helped me a great deal today like I said [Smile] Here is to every day after!

Phoiph - so glad you heard me [Wink] I believe it would be that much of a difference after today! So thankful to know now to do this [Smile]

Thanks, KGG! Me too.... really appreciate your insight [Smile] You are one smart cookie!

Tom -- I am on LDN and the Zhang too. I had backed off the Zhang and I think I may have done that too soon, so I am back on it 3x a day. I feel both things help.

Wow, what is the 2x a day like? Look forward to hearing!! The meditation today REALLY helped with the burning. The only relief I have had in quite sometime [Smile] ONWARD AND UPWARD!!

Thank you all for your support!!!! [group hug]

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

2nd day with meditation in chamber- amazing success. I’m going to try to pull rife now. My gut is, it may have been antagonistic to the bugs. Will keep you posted- still on herbals and daily dives with meditation. I feel happy. That too is new praise God. True friends tell you the truth . I needed to be told what Phoiph told me- really, thank you! Thank you all for the vast wisdom here!!
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

sorry I haven't updated in a while, I had to mentally take a 'Lyme break' and try to think of other things.

So, I started seeing a different Dr. He is a functional Medicine dr. So I'm hoping he will help me look at the whole body and not just keep prescribing different antibiotics.

I did a bazillion tests. Not much came up that I didn't already know. My viral count is really high. Especially for CMV. There is a possibility that my Dr. will put me on a med called Valycte. Anyone have experience with CMV or the drug Valcyte?

Also started seeing a Chiro that does NUUCA adjustments. Apparently, my neck was in the wrong shape...twisted and crooked. Hoping that will help with some of the nerve stuff.....

I've been back on antibiotics for about 3.5 months and have definitely made progress since being on them, but I still think they will only take me so far. I just couldn't keep going in the wrong direction. I was in a really really bad place after being off them for 5 months.

I'm still working my way off of Klonopin... HORRIBLE drug. Maybe once I'm all the way off of this crap, I will be able to try coming off antibiotics again.... sigh. This drug is a BEAST and would advise anyone to NOT take it.

Sleep is still a giant issue for me. My sleep Dr. advised me to try neurofeedback as a last effort to help me. I started that a few weeks ago.

There are a lot of moving pieces right now. mhbot is still a daily activity for me. I do believe it is a big help. It wasn't THE answer for me as of now, but I'm hoping it will be as I get a few other things straightened out.

Sorry for the giant long post... hope everyone else is making progress.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HW88-- I am sorry you have had such a rough go of it of late. I am glad you have made progress on the abx.

I would recommend Heath Math and their inner balance in terms of helping neurofeedback wise. It is very cost effective. My doctor recommended it to me last time I was there. Heartmath.com.

I will keep you in my prayers and know you will continue to make progress!

kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks for the update, HW88! I do agree with you, that until you are completely off of the Klonopin you will not know what is what. But obviously, don't speed the process. Both my son and I showed up positive for CMV years ago. We haven't really addressed it specifically. I have used Valtrex for something else. It is hard on my gut. So I can only stay on it for about 5 days. It is also expensive. I am not sure if it is the same for Valcyte. I do know you can herx on an anti-viral just like antibiotics. So be ready. Hopefully, getting the viral level down will help you feel better.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All

I wanted to give an update

I have done 80 dives so far on my home chamber

I started feeling better around dive 73
I am not sure why I started feeling better because I am doing other things too to improve my energy
I will know more accurately when I do more dives

I don't think I am unusual in this because a couple other divers on this forum it seems did not start feeling better until 70 plus dives

I have been diving for 90 minutes every other day using a salter non rebreather mask

about once a week I use an herbal lyme formula before I dive and just recently I have been experimenting with colostrum ld
https://www.sovereignlaboratories.com/info_LDMIRACLEFOOD.html
which is yielding good results

After each dive a do a coffee enema to take the load off my kidneys because the die off filters via my kidneys I also use chlorella before the dive which also helps with clearing stuff out of my system

I am hoping to continue diving into the hundreds like some of you

Thanks

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

wanted to comment on the mask I am using the salter non re breather mask

It has little rubber plastic "valves" that let air out when you exhale but seal up when inhaling so you will breath pure oxygen that has accumulated in the little bag

Those little valves fall off easily

As mentioned by others a word of caution
With this mask if you try to do a strong inhale you will empty the bag quickly and with not be able to breath in. This could be dangerous if for some reason you fall asleep and do a deep inhale
If this is the case with you take off one or more of those little valves this will let air in no matter what

A slow inhale is necessary to get pure oxygen and to prevent emptying the bag to soon

I like the mask because I get more oxygen per inhale

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Glad to hear you are making progress!

Just wondering why don't you use the Southmedic Oxymask instead of the non-rebreather?

As posted in an earlier discussion, it is safer and this study indicates it is more effective:

Southmedic OxyMaskTM compared with the Hudson RCI® Non-Rebreather MaskTM: Safety and performance comparison
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4751967/

In addition to the risks you pointed out, the non-rebreather is not made to be used with the lower flows that we use (which is why you are emptying the bag).

Here is a link for the OxyMask:

https://www.amazon.com/Oxy-Mask-OxyMask-1125-8/dp/B01JPV5DBA/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1529810123&sr=1-1&keywords=southmedic+OxyMask&dpID=51VO9YO12ZL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpS rc=srch

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Phoiph
I looked over the link
Just wanted to give the non-rebreather a try

I am wondering who else is using the OxyMask
I would like to hear from them to see how they compare the Non-rebreather and the OxyMask

kgg
Member # 5867

I use the OxyMask. So much more comfortable to wear. I never used a non-rebreather so I can't compare.
Zandarkoad
Member # 51645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zandarkoad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all! My sister has Lyme, and hyperbaric is just about the closest thing to a panacea that I've seen. So I'm interested for my own family as well. Personally, I'd just like to have greater mental clarity and focus, and I've seen enough testimonials to know that it's not out of the question. We have enough children that locking myself in a small chamber for an hour a day is sure to produce positive results, even without pressure or O2! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2 | From Nashville, TN | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happydays
Member # 51567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happydays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

Just wanted to throw another HBOT success story into the mix. I was most likely carrying Lyme, Bartonella, and Babesia around for quite some time, but about four years ago I had some traumatic events in my life, in addition to working fifteen hours a day every day, and my immune system (in addition to multiple other systems in my body) crashed over a several month period, until one day I was nearly bedridden. My symptoms included hallucinations, panic attacks, anxiety, nearly unbearable shoulder/neck pain, systemic inflammation that prevented me from being able to walk up a flight of stairs, blurry vision, brain fog, POTS, insanely low blood pressure, vertigo (ran into several walls), severe hormonal issues, five nuclear atrophies discovered on a Neuroquant MRI, cavitations, open lesions, and IGG subclasses that were barely registering on labs. I saw approximately fifteen doctors over a six-month period, and after I received a negative ELISA test, I was forced to start running my own labs with a series of functional medicine doctors. Eventually this led me to 8 positive Lyme and co-infection tests from Igenex, Galaxy, Fry, Microbiology DX, as well as to purchasing a phase contrast microscope where I could see the spirochetes myself. While being an A-type personality is what got me into this mess, I was determined to get well.

Misguided in my early thinking, I focused exclusively on killing bacteria, parasites, and fungus (both candida and massive mold toxicity). Some of my treatments included: Cavitation surgery, Amalgam filling removal by a biological dentist, Stem cell therapy (adipose), Dr. S’s CIRS protocol, a lengthy CFS protocol, DMPS, DMSA, Albenza, Ivermectin, Alinia, Biltricide, 10-pass ozone therapy, Buhner, Cowden, Byron White tinctures, Rifampin/Minocycline/Tindamax combo for 6 months to treat Lyme and Bartonella, Mepron/Zithromax/Bactrim combo to treat Babesia, Nasal Amphotericin B, Nasal Nystatin, a plethora of binders, Diflucan, oral Nystatin, Sporinox, LDN, LDI, Heparin, Cortef, Clomid (for test), T3, daily Epsom salt baths and coffee enemas, dry skin brushing, IV’s galore, IVIG every three weeks for 8 months, and about 20 other medications and more than a hundred supplements that got rotated in and out.

During this time, I also purchased equipment in an attempt to bring down my bacterial load, including: RIFE, Biomat, PEMF mat, Infrared sauna (which nearly killed me), and a Longevity ozone generator.

Outcome: While I feel the triple antibiotic regimen for a year was able to bring down my bacterial load and remove some of my primary symptoms, it absolutely ravaged my body’s terrain. I still had head pain, blurry vision, night sweats, and massive exercise intolerance. For someone who used to be a professional kickboxer, the exercise intolerance was a really tough one to deal with, seeing that I couldn’t do so much as three pushups without suffering for days. I was determined to go down fighting, but there were some very dark days where I was pretty sure that I was going down. During this time, I thought a lot about people suffering similarly who had children, and I couldn’t imagine what they were going through.

When I went off antibiotics, things improved slightly. Not sure if my microbial load had been dramatically reduced, or my body was simply happy being off the devastating antibiotics. Around this time, doing about eight hours of heath research a day, I changed my thinking. I had already switched to using all-natural products, from charcoal soap to natural toothpaste, deodorant, cleaning supplies, etc, but I hadn’t addressed the other toxins in my life, both metal and physical. Suspecting we brought mycotoxins from our previous home to the one we were now in, we gave away everything we owned (including computers, paperwork, literally everything, including our RV.) Only wearing the clothes on our back, we moved into a brand-new home and started over. Understanding the importance of mental health, I went through DNRS training, did Timeline release therapy, and hired fifteen people so I could focus on health and only work with my company a few hours a day. For food, I switched from Paleo (which I had been on for eight years), to a strict Paleo/Ketogenic diet, with fifteen hours of fasting a day. For my body, I started with Yoga. At first I could only do a few minutes of stretching, but over the course of several months, I was able to up that to nearly an hour. I spent 30 minutes in the sun between the hours of 10 and 3, and was able to increase my vitamin D levels from 23 to 68. I created a strict regimen where I did my pills four times a day, and then spent another four hours on treatments. I did daily coffee enemas and Epsom salt baths, and I repurchased a ton of equipment: Another infrared sauna (even though I still couldn’t use it), Pulse Centers PEMF mat (very high intensity), Veilight, NanoVi, Braintap (to increase REM sleep), low intensity PEMF mat (IRMS), and Joove near and mid infrared lights and, most importantly, a Summit to Sea HBOT.

While I experienced massive gains over about three months from my current protocol, which included nasal nystatin and cholestyramine, I still got smoked from as few as three pushups. Then came HBOT.

Before I mention how HBOT helped, I should share some of the other things I added in at the exact same time. Realizing my gut was probably shot from all the antibiotics, which lead to leaky gut and a possible immune reaction, I went on megaspore biotic and Bravo probiotic suppositories, as well as did BPC-157 orally to help with my gut/brain axis. Also realizing that my remaining issues were primarily mitochondrial, I started daily high intensity PEMF in attempt to release toxins (both bacterial and mycotoxins) from my cells and hopefully reverse the cell danger response and jumpstart my ATP production. I added hours of focused diaphragmatic breathing daily and cut my calories to 1500 in the hopes of getting to get to 6% body fat, which would in turn dump toxins from my adipose tissue. While all of these undoubtedly helped, my gut tells me HBOT was the big driver in the changes I was experiencing.

HBOT: The first day I did fifteen minutes without oxygen and experienced no negative effects. The second day, I did thirty minutes and herxed fairly hard that night. The next day, I upped it to forty five minutes without oxygen, and herxed harder than I would have liked. Night sweats, flu symptoms, etc. So I backed it back down to 20 minutes, and then increased slowly. Over the next ten days, I managed to get up to the full sixty minutes, and now, 26 days in, I am using supplemental oxygen for 45 minutes of those sixty. While I wasn’t expecting any massive gains, that is exactly what I got. About twelve days in, I’d wake up in the morning with this feeling of lightness. At first I wasn’t sure how to take it, but then I realized it was the feeling I had carried around my entire life prior to getting sick—it is the feeling that your brain is communicating with your body, a feeling that makes you happy to just be alive, a feeling that allows you to put your focus on other things in life because the suffering isn’t there.

I’d had these brief moments of feeling well in the past, but every time I tried to do pushups (which was many times) I would suffer for days and days. Something told me this time would be different, but instead of doing pushups (perhaps there was some sort of metal block with them), I went for a hard mountain bike ride instead. My energy and coordination were there, but when I got back, I waited for the negative symptoms to kick in. This usually happens within an hour, but nothing came. And when I woke up the next day, very sore but no bad symptoms, I honestly couldn’t believe it. After waiting a few days, I went on another bike ride, this time much harder. While I did get a couple of negative symptoms, they all cleared by the following morning. And now, 26 days in, I have gone on five or six rides and wake up every morning feeling…well…close to normal again. It’s something I honestly didn’t expect, and for the first time, I feel I am going to come out of this illness stronger than when I went in. I can suddenly see past the fog that had hidden my future for so many years, and I see a long, healthy life stretching before me.

To add to HBOT, I also purchased a NanoVi, which supplies EZ or “ordered” water through vapor. My goal was to repair any cellular damage caused by additional ROS generated by HBOT, but after reading The Forth Phase of Water, I think it might also be helping with protein folding and enzymatic processes that might have been stunted due to my illness. But beware, the NanoVi can also cause a significant herx.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for this tread and everyone’s contributions, I don’t think I would have purchased an HBOT. I’d done research on it very early in my sickness, and after seeing mixed reviews, I ruled it out. And honestly, I don’t know if it would have had the same effect early on, simply because I was dealing with so many issues. But after sitting down and reading this entire thread over two days, I figured, “What can it hurt?” I wish I could reach out to everyone who has posted here and give you a big hug, especially if you are still struggling. If could offer any advice from my journey, it would be to focus on improving your terrain as much as you focus on killing microbes. Our bodies are meant to keep these nasty bugs in check, but something along the way, either a genetic issue that got expressed or our internal buckets started overflowing from all of the toxins we were raised to believe are harmless, and our bodies broke. HBOT has been the most influential thing I’ve done to repair my damaged terrain, but I also feel that simultaneously improving my gut with Keto and fasting, improving my limbic system with Yoga and mental training, and cleaning out my system with massive detox stratagems, is what allowed HBOT to work so quickly. Well, that and three years of antimicrobials. Anyway, thank you all for helping save my life.

[ 09-13-2018, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Happydays ]

Posts: 11 | From Nevada | Registered: Jul 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Happydays,

I’m glad you stuck with the process and let your body do it’s job with the O2.

I look forward to reading more of your contributions on the thread to encourage others.

Posts: 179 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HappyDays...we have used many of the same treatments. I am not yet well, but I am 70% better and I attribute that to the mHBOT and the Keto diet. I've been diving for 4 years and it is still the most effective Tx modality that I've used. Went from a wheelchair to hiking the Ozarks. Keep at it...the benefits are cumulative!
Posts: 418 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

HappyDays

Wow you spared no expense to find out what your problem was unfortunately not everyone can spend like that so thanks for sharing what helped you Please keep us posted about what is helping you

You mentioned you found 8 problems including Lyme and Co-infections and you mentioned Bartonella and Babesia what were the others?

Maybe you can answer the next 2 questions or maybe someone else can

Is it common for Lyme suffers to have other infections going on at the same time?

why does this happen and what are the most common co infections that like to hang around with Lyme?

Also

If you don't mind can you say what your approximate age and gender are? and were you an excerciser before you became sick? I ask these because I am trying to determine different people recover differently

Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, Zandarkoad! I was like you. When I initially started diving I would dive about 3 in the afternoon. It was my "me" time. Bliss. But then I realized that I needed to dive earlier because I was having difficulty falling asleep if I dove to late in the day. I look forward to hearing how mHBO is helping you!

Welcome, HappyDays! I thought that I had spent or done as much as anybody to get my health back and for my young adult son. But you did even more! It is so encouraging to read of people's success and improvements with mHBO. So thank you for the testimony.

Hominahomina, Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia are the usual 3 co-infections. But there also can be present Ehrlichia, Tuleremia, Powassan Virus as well as other viruses. That is not a complete list but the usuals. Yes, you can have all the infections. But usually Lyme docs will address the most prominent symptoms and infection and then treat like peeling an onion. I found when I was using antibiotics that when I got the pathogen load of one down, then another would become more prominent and would then treat that.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

kgg
Thank you
How did you treat the different infections;was mHBOT effective against them all?

I have another question that I am hoping someone can answer

Do any of these three amino acid supplements act as an antibacterial?
leucine, isoleucine and valine

The reason I ask is because they seem to cause kidney pain and usually that means die off for me

kgg
Member # 5867

Hominahomina, I treated both Lyme and Babesia. Ehrlichia tends to be treated by the same antibiotics that treat Lyme. For Lyme I have used Cephalosporin antibiotics and for Babesia Mepron and Zithromax. My stomach does not tolerate more than a month on antibiotics so I have used IV treatment and Bicillin twice over the years.

Due to my stomach, cost and availability in the future, I bought my chamber. By the time I began using it I was better but slipping. I found it as effective if not better than the antibiotics. I have not used many herbals. My medicine cabinet is full of them, but I don't tolerate them as well as medicine. I am extremely happy that I have mHBO available.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

The meds I had taken in the past for Babesia and Bartonella didn't work for me, and I was still positive on blood slide tests and extremely symptomatic just prior to starting mHBOT.

I hadn't been on meds (except for homeopathic) for 5 years prior to starting mHBOT (due to severe sensitivity), so it is clear that mHBOT took care of all of the co-infections over time.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks
Has anyone tried colostrum for some of these
co-infections?
When I get very very over exerted sometimes I feel like little electric shocks jolt my body

Is that lyme or one of it's co infections?

[ 09-12-2018, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Haley
Member # 22008

Happydays

Thanks for posting your journey.

Do you feel that the BP-157 helped? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Just curious- have not come across anyone taking this. I have come across people taking the injections.

Thanks

Happydays
Member # 51567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happydays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomia--Sorry, I didn't mean I had eight co-infections. Reading so much about the downsides of Lyme testing, I tested through every lab out there, including Igenex four or five times. So I had eight positive tests, both IGM and PCR (never tested positive for IGG), for Lyme and Bartonella. Microbiology DX got a sample from my cavitation surgery, and that was the only test that showed positive for Babesia. Igenex had a borderline result for Babs. Based upon those two tests, I decided to treat it using Mepron/Zitho/Bactrim because I knew Zitho and Bactrim had good crossover for Bart, which seems to be much more difficult to beat than Lyme. As for co-infections, once your immune system gets suppressed, which can happen through stress, an accident, a death in the family, Lyme or co-infections can take over (which makes it difficult to know when you got Lyme), and once they do, they continue to suppress your immune system. I had very low IGG subclasses 1 and 3, which is why I qualified for IVIG therapy for eight months. But once your immune system is suppressed, other pathogens can move in, including fungus and most certainly parasites, which is why I did Dr. K's parasite protocol, which included high doses of biltricide, ivermectin, albenza, and alinia (and I passed a LOT of nasties). Each for two weeks. I also got hit hard by mycotoxins. I have the dreaded haplotype 4-3-53, and with my detox pathways even more impaired by Lyme and systemic inflammation, that also made me very sick and led to, in my opinion, cell danger response. With toxins in my cells, they basically shut down, which lead to a severe decrease in ATP production (hence, my profound exercise intolerance.) So what eventually got me in a position where HBOT could really help, in my opinion, was raising by body PH using sodium bicarbonate, helping the krebs cycle by switching to keto, and using detox strategies for several hours a day, including the IonCleanse foot bath, Epsom Salt, Charcoal, Bentinite Clay, cilantro, dry brushing, oil pulling, biomat, etc. I tried DMPS and DMSA, in very, very small amounts, and both came close to killing me (if I had done the IV chelation, I am sure it would have killed me).

As far as my age and gender, I’m a 46 year old male. A dozen or so years before I got sick, I was a professional kickboxer, used to bicycle across the United States every five years or so, and worked out with weights about an hour and a half a day. I think if I had maintained that lifestyle, my body would probably have kept all of these pathogens in check. However, I made the bright move to open a company, and then decided to work 15 hours a day, seven days a week. After about nine years of this, it broke me. It’s what allowed me to spend about 750k to consult with all the top lyme docs and buy any piece of equipment I thought would help, in addition to doing both good and bad treatments (stem cell being the WORST), but I would gladly have kept my vagabond lifestyle and still be living in a van and hang gliding in Central America.

I’ve switched my thinking a lot in the past six months. Instead of trying to kill pathogens, I’ve focused exclusively on getting as healthy as possible, both mentally and physically. I would like to think that if I had to do this treatment all over again, I would do it totally naturally, meaning just Buhner’s herbs, in addition to keto, fasting, sunshine, not stressing, etc, but I was in such bad shape, the antibiotics pulled me out of a very large hole. It’s funny, I put my father, who has COPD, on Cordyceps, Alcornia, and Cryptoleptis, and it got rid of his lung infection that had been there for thirty years. He no longer gets a fever every day, and he no longer has to cough up dark phlegm. He’s taken every antibiotic in the past twenty years and nothing helped him like these herbs. However, I was on all of these herbs, in addition to many others, for two straight years and they didn’t even make a dent in Lyme and Bart. Just goes to show how NASTY this bacteria is!

Haley--I got BPC-157 from Peptide Pros online. I think I paid $94 for two vials. However, I don't inject it, rather do it sublingually and hold it under my tongue for a minute or two. HOWEVER, start very slow. My first day I did 15 units from an insulin syringe, and my energy shot through the roof, almost too high. That died down after about a week, and now I am up to 15 units. I'm not sure how much it actually helped (how do you judge that when you’re doing so much), but at this point, I know that anything I can do for my gut health is helping. I think even more than BPC-157, Megasporebiotic and Bravo Probiotic suppositories helped the most. But Megaspore is also something you have to start very, very slowly. I broke open 1 cap into a glass or water, drank ¼ of it, and threw the rest out. Eventually, after about 10 days, I got up to the 2 caps a day.

Posts: 11 | From Nevada | Registered: Jul 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happydays
Member # 51567

Wow Digby, thanks for the advice, and I am absolutely going to stick with it! That is incredible the gains you've made! Maybe I'll see you out on the trail one day on my mountain bike!...Since I wrote my first post, I have been improving about a percent a day. I've been going for harder and harder rides each day, and today I decided to see just how hard I could go. The first thing I did when I got back was jump in the chamber, and while I started getting some slight head pressure about 30 minutes in, it all cleared about thirty minutes after I got out. I told my pop, who has suffered through all of this with me, and he simply couldn't believe it....I know it is super, super rare for people to respond this quickly, so I don't want to get any ones hopes too high up, but even if I had to do this routine for two years straight to get these kinds of improvements, it would be well, well worth it!!
Zandarkoad
Member # 51645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zandarkoad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my "symptoms" are not as overt as many others here. I'm trying to improve subtle things like ability to focus. Executive function. Emotional outlook. Etc. Does anyone know of a recommended list of cognitive or standardized tests that I could take before and after so that I can more effectively track improvements over longer time periods?

Amazing testimony, Happydays. Thank you for sharing! And likewise with everyone else!

Posts: 2 | From Nashville, TN | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happydays...I have so many questions and comments for you but no time right now to cover it all. So here are a few:

1. You seem to have a good handle on your Tx protocols. My only advice is to pace yourself on the exercise. I've been blindsided, e.g. thinking I could do a 20 mile bike ride and work in the yard the next day...I was fine after the ride but the day after the yard work (moving rocks with a wheelbarrow) I crashed and it lasted for weeks. I call it the "heal / crash syndrome." The disappointment when I crash is overwhelming, more so now that I am feeling better than when I was really sick. I'm sure everyone on the forum knows this process.

2. I'm interested in your sauna experience, as that is something that helps me now but was too intense when I was really sick.

3. I've tried the BPC-157 but I can't tell if it helped, even when I injected it. I may give it another shot. Ha...you see what I did there?

4. I have the same Ozone generator as you. I've not had any good results from it with the exception of breathing Ozol...have you tried that? It's very helpful.

5. Have you tried coffee enemas? Awesome for detox. Although again, it was too much for me when I was at my worst.

6. I've been doing Platelet Lysate injections for cervical pain and was thinking of trying stem cells. Can you share your experience with that? If you don't want to post it publicly, you can PM me.

Well, that's more than I planned on writing. I need to get ready for clients today. Oh BTW, we share the same first name too.

Posts: 418 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Oh and Rife nearly killed me. I used a dual coil Doug machine and while everyone on the Rife Forum encouraged me to push through the "herxes," I felt that it was doing damage rather than creating a healing crises. I am struggling with trying to sell the equipment because I have such a negative feeling about the machine, that I wind up talking people out of buying it. Duh!
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

One last thought on the Ozone. I was out in the woods yesterday and I got bitten by a tick. First time in 6 years! Rather than go on Doxy again, I ozonated the bite with high gamma ozone and then started on Colloidal Silver internally (I make and sell CS, so I have it readily available).

there is a fascinating study done where the researchers use an Azithromycin gel topically, immediately after removing the Lyme infected tick and got fantastic results. No other Tx was used but no Lyme disseminated! That's the rationale for using the ozone topically on the bite.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Happydays~

Very happy to hear of your early progress!

A caution though...I agree with Digby...as we discussed earlier in the PM, pleeeeze resist the temptation to overdo it with exercise too early on. I promise there will be time to do that later if you take care now!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Digby...just wondering...are you having the tick tested?

https://www.ticknology.org/

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Is anyone living in the path or Hurricane Florence?
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Phoiph, I'm not having it tested. I'm trusting/hoping that the Ozone Tx will do the trick if it was infected.
Happydays
Member # 51567

Phoiph—Just curious if you’ve heard of anyone having success using 1.5-2ATA for Lyme and all of its related conditions, such as POTS. I’m strongly considering picking up a hard-shelled chamber that goes to 3ATA. I’m doing this both for ease of use and to be able to experiment with higher pressures later on in treatment. Most of the published papers I’ve read state that in order to have good bacterial die off, you need a pressure of 2.4ATA, but after going through this forum and hearing other testimonials, it seems that die off occurs quite frequently at 1.3ATA, and I too experienced a herx-like reaction the first time I went to 45 minutes at 1.3ATA. When, if ever, would you recommend going up to higher pressures, and since I’ve been told oxygen concentrators don’t work above 1.3ATA, would you recommend just doing pressure or adding pure oxygen tanks into the mix?

Digby:

Sauna—When I first got sick, I purchased an infrared sauna and, unwisely, spent 20 minutes in there at 113F, and I went through the worse herx ever, even though at the time I didn’t know what it was. I tried a dozen times to get back into it over the years, for as little as five minutes, and every time it was the same. Personally, I think my intolerance simply had to do with toxicity. The sauna just dumped things too fast and my binders couldn’t keep up. For a spell I thought perhaps the sauna had picked up some mycotoxins because it came from our original house, but when I bought a brand new Clearlight Sauna, same thing happened. I’m chomping at the bit to get started on that detox protocol, so I purchased Joove near and mid infrared lights to remove the heat aspect, but I herxed like crazy standing in front of them for ten minutes. In the hopes of adjusting, I restarted with the Joove for three minutes a day, 1.5 with the front of my body, and 1.5 on the back of my body. I increase the dose by 10 seconds every day, and now I’m up to 3 minutes on the front and three minutes on the back. When I can get up to 20 minutes without herxing, I’m planning to give the sauna another shot.

Ozone—I started with ozone and hydrogen peroxide treatments here in town, and always seeming to feel a bit better afterwards, I decided to try the big guns and traveled weekly to Carson City to do 2 10-pass treatments with Dr. S. This runs much like a dialysis machine where they pull blood, ozonate it, put it back in. This is done 10 times in a treatment, and although I experienced die-off and chills every night of the treatment, I always felt better the next day. However, after making the drive for five weeks and not really noticing any lasting effects, I purchased the Longevity unit and stated doing rectal insufflations, nasal insufflations, and taking ozonated olive oil. I got nothing from the rectal insufflations, the nasal insufflations seemed to target the biofilms and MARCONS in my nose due to CIRS, but the ozonated olive oil was by far the biggest mover. I’d experience die offs and chills every time, but now that I am on Megaspore, I don’t think I would have the same effect. At this point, I gave up on Ozone, mostly because after doing extensive geneic testing, I seem to have issues with peroxinitrite, high levels of hydrogen peroxide, and issues utilizing iron in my heme pathway due to having multiple varients on the HFE gene. I’m on multiple protocols to scrub my excess iron and hydrogen peroxide (brought my ferratin down from 370 to 180), and although I’ve stopped a very aggressive antioxidant protocol to allow HBOT to do its thing, I feel continuing with ozone would produce too much ROS.

Coffee enemas—I have done a coffee enema every day for the past year and a half, mostly because I continued to pass what resembled rope worms. I had one biopsied and, as expected, it came back inconclusive. I even did the Russian rope worm protocol, which did pass a lot. However, I have come to believe these “rope worms” were simply sluffling of my intestinal tract. The minute I stopped the coffee enemas about two weeks ago, I stopped getting the “rope worms” in my stool. I might continue to do them once every few weeks, but I haven’t decided on that yet. To replace that therapy, I am going to start doing Caster Oil packs.

Stem Cells—I did my stem cell therapy in the US, and it was by far the worst treatment I have done. They put you in a semi-conscious state, open an incision in your lower abdomen, and then take a long needle and jam it up into your abdomen. Because I didn’t have a lot of fat on my belly, they had to dig and scrape for thirty minutes. Under normal circumstances, they would pull enough fat to do a treatment that day, and another treatment a few weeks later. But I had just enough fat for the treatment that day. From what I understand, stem cells will typically go to where they are needed, and when you inject them the same day you had them removed, they tend to go right back to your abdomen to repair the damage caused by the surgery. Adding that type of insult while already super sick was devastating for me, and I honestly believe it dramatically delayed recovery. I understand they have better luck injecting stem cells directly into the site of injury, such as a knee, rather than putting them back in through an IV in the hopes they will go where they are needed to heal a systemic insult. Personally, I feel Lyme and the damage it creates is just too far reaching to hope that stem cells will actually find your core issue and help. For me, I noticed absolutely no benefits, and to this day my abdomen just doesn’t look the same. Platelet therapy, from what I understand, works better. I had my platelets reinjected after my cavitation surgery, and I did seem to heal quite quickly. Whether or not it was the platelets, I don’t know.

RIFE—I had the GB400 with plasma tube, and after running through hundreds of frequencies, both for Lyme, Bart, and Babs, I gave up on it. I gave my machine to my uncle who has prostate cancer.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Happydays- what a great story! So happy you have found mhbot. You seem to be a wealth of information too [Smile]

Question for all-- I boarded up for the hurricane- we were in the path originally. So sad for those in coastal NC.

Anyway, my Airsep Newlife 10 - went on the fritz today. It is likely 6 or so years old - maybe more. I got it secondhand. Anyway, does anyone know who I should buy from that might have a discount and can get it here somewhat fast. I have reached out to Phoiph as well.

Thank you all for your help! Also, has anyone else been in this position and do you just dive without air I'm guessing till the new Airsep gets here. Thank you!!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Gang: I think I found the contact. Let me know if anyone might need it. Phoiph had given it to me sometime ago. Thank you all....

Do let me know if anyone has been in this spot before and if you just continued to dive without oxygen. Thanks!!

Happydays
Member # 51567

Digby, forgot to mention that I read a paper that stated that doing HBOT in tandem with stem cell can improve the efficacy of stem cell therapy. Might be something you look into.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Gang, I found the solution thanks to Phoiph! The storm had me on high alert and I was thinking I needed a new one- Phoiph to the rescue! Bless you, Phoiph!

Just for anyone else- should you have a power surge - even if you cannot tell, the Airsep can need a reset with the fuse button on the front -under the counter.

So thankful my dives will not be interrupted. That is my Hurricane Florence Blessing! God bless those folks in NC Wilmington area....

Happydays -- wow! You are an inspiration and I admire your will not give up attitude [Smile] You are a fighter too!

I recommend ANY and ALL folks trying this modality to READ the thread. It is GOLDEN! Full of insight that honestly cannot be replaced!!

I have to through you a big KUDOS too -- HAPPYDAYS!! You are right -- TERRAIN is EVERYTHING! I don't think I fully believed that until I saw recently how tweaking my diet and really going full on Keto -- I was keto (very mild- likely in and out) due to eating boatloads of veggies. Now, I would say I am FULL ON KETO and man, the difference. Have been using keto stix etc and my ketonix to measure. I snack on bone broth and some stevia dark chocolate (so very good-- cocopolo.com -- sandy is so dear). I also love Eating Evolved Ketocups (no sugar and very low carb with MCT oil- now you must like dark chocolate as this isn't for people wanting a sugar like treat - but for those of us that like HEALTHY- GOD SEND!). EatingEvolved.com. Steph is an angel there!

Keto is really helping my body- as well as, resting more - Thanks to all of you an especially Phoiph for giving me a talking to. I NEEDED it.... That is a real friend [Smile] GOD BLESS YOU PHOIPH! [bow]

And PEImomma -- thank you for your encouragement of late, Digby and KGG -- you all ROCK!

Keep up the good work Team-- such knowledgeable folks here .... Thanks for sharing all you know and for offering support..... YOU ALL ROCK!!

[group hug]

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Asking for feedback
Hello All

I still "crash" do you?

I have done approx 85 dives so far but I am still crashing (completely run out of gas)

What preceeds a crash is overexertion over an extended period of time ..

Usually what accompanies a crash in addition to laying down a lot is junk food cravings and weight gain

I think with mHBOT and all the other antibacterials I have used the crashes take longer to happen and I bounce back sooner but I still am crashing

Here are my questions

Do any of you vetran home chamber HBOT users still crash and aside what do you do about it when it happens?

How many dives did you do before the crashes ended?

Have any of you had amalgams removed done Dr Klinghart protocol or any other protocol before during or after mHBOT that has helped with crashes?
Thank You in advance for your feedback

Cindy83
Member # 51672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cindy83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After about a year of antibiotics, IV and oral, I still had debilitating cognitive problems, deficits, etc. I did 40 dives in a hard chamber, 2.0 atmospheres. I did it five days a week, an hour each dive. It worked wonders!!! Saved, healed my brain. Started noticing improvement after about 10 treatments. I have neurolyme and Bartonella. Still had physical symptoms but the cognitive stuff was mostly restored.

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 1 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happydays
Member # 51567

I should have listened a little closer to Digby and Phoiph. After a month or so of diving, I felt great and could start exercising again. Then I decided to find out where my max levels were, pushed it as hard as I possibly could biking, and experienced a crash the next day. After 5 days, I'm recovering well, but having just purchased a hard chamber, I decided to go to 1.5ATA and had another mini-crash. Now I'm determined to go low and slow, and when I start feeling better again, I'm going to have to constantly remind myself not to overdo things. It's like there is this sinister little voice in the back of my head that always whispers, "Go faster, go harder, you can do this!" Balance can be the hardest thing to accept.
Happydays
Member # 51567

Hominahomina--I had 6 amalgams removed, just make sure you use a biological dentist that takes all the precautionary measures to ensure you don't end up eating chunks of mercury. Funny, but the only time I have been sick since I got Lyme was right after my amalgams were removed. There is also a test you can run to show which alternative fillers work with your body to make sure you don't replace the amalgam with something equally toxic to your body.

Dr. K is a big proponent of the IonCleanse, and I have been using that three times a week for a couple of years. He mentioned that there were a number of studies showing it was amazing for heavy metal mobilization, primarily aluminum. He suggest taking cilantro when using the IonCleanse, and recommends only using it a couple of times a week because you continue to mobilize heavy metals for three days afterwards. Every time I do the IonCleanse, I make sure to take more Zeobind and Bentonite Clay.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks you guys for responding
Happy Days
You did not say if you benefited from the amalgam removal and the Ion cleanse
With the Ion cleanse is that a foot bath?
Where are you located?

For me crashes come after doing a lot of exertion over a longer period of time It used to be I would have a larger crash after one season of exertion

Cindy83
where did you do your dives?

Happydays
Member # 51567

Hominahomina—From my research, it is really difficult to determine if you have heavy metal toxicity. I did a porphyrins test a few years back (24 hour urine collection), and I had really high levels in Coproporphyrin III, which can signify a mercury toxicity issue. However, there are a slew genetic issues that can also affect your porphyrins, so I ran a Doctors Data Hair Analysis and used Andy Cutler’s method of interpretation. Instead of looking at the heavy metals found in your hair, which many find unreliable, you look at your mineral transport chain. The idea is that if you do have heavy metal toxicity, it will impair other minerals. You end up having to do some rather detailed calculations, and my end result was borderline. So I decided to remove all amalgams in one go.

Once they were out, I started a very slow chelation process. Cutler believes that if you mobilize metals in your body fat too quickly (faster than your binders can pull out), you run the risk of having them cross your blood brain barrier and cause serious trouble. So I avoided ALA and glutathione in the beginning and stuck with your garden variety binders, in addition to doing IonCleanse with cilantro. While I have heard of people who had their amalgams out and suddenly felt amazing, I think those people don’t have other serious issues that block their detox pathways. So once they remove the source of mercury, they clear what is in their body and they feel better. In my case, having the dreaded haplotype 4-3-53, my detox pathways were totally blocked. So while I eliminated a primary source of mercury, I still needed to remove it from my body and brain, and just as with many of these chronic issue, this can take between 1 and 3 years of steady chelation. From what I remember, the idea is to pull it from your body fat first (not your brain, so no binders that cross the BBB), and with your body constantly trying to stay in balance, mercury will redistribute from your brain to your body to balance that void. After a couple of months, I believe Cutler suggests adding in ALA and other binders that can cross the BBB.

So to answer your questions about whether amalgam removal helped—yes, I am sure it did. However, I didn’t feel any better in the months following the amalgam removal because I was still most likely riddled with heavy metals. I only started feeling better after about a year of steady chelation. But during that year I was also treating POTS, Lyme, Bart, and Babs, so what percentage did the amalgam remove contribute? Impossible to tell. It is also impossible to tell if the IonCleanse (a footbath) played a part or not. When I first got sick, I thought the IonCleanse was an absolute joke, but after reading a bunch of published papers and listening to Dr. K, who I really respect, rave about it, I added it into my routine. Dr. K mainly talks about the IonCleanse being great for Aluminum.

Some healful tips I learned along the way: I attempted both DMPS and DMSA to chelate heavy metals, and I took perhaps 1/10,000 of what they would administer in an IV, and even at these miniscule doses, I swear I thought I was going to die. About an hour after I took them, I would get organ pain like I’ve never had before. So had I done the IV, I probably wouldn’t be here today. That’s not to say the IVs don’t work for some people, but I would HIGHLY recommend doing a test dose orally prior to doing the IV. A lot of doctors just like to throw people on the IV, almost second nature. In my opinion, this is very, very dangerous. I’ve heard of people never recovering from IV DMPS. But then again, I am sure there are people out there it worked just fine for.

As for my location, I am in Las Vegas.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

From Happydays:

"Phoiph—Just curious if you’ve heard of anyone having success using 1.5-2ATA for Lyme and all of its related conditions, such as POTS. I’m strongly considering picking up a hard-shelled chamber that goes to 3ATA. I’m doing this both for ease of use and to be able to experiment with higher pressures later on in treatment. Most of the published papers I’ve read state that in order to have good bacterial die off, you need a pressure of 2.4ATA, but after going through this forum and hearing other testimonials, it seems that die off occurs quite frequently at 1.3ATA, and I too experienced a herx-like reaction the first time I went to 45 minutes at 1.3ATA. When, if ever, would you recommend going up to higher pressures, and since I’ve been told oxygen concentrators don’t work above 1.3ATA, would you recommend just doing pressure or adding pure oxygen tanks into the mix?"

Hi Happydays~

The reason I promote "low and slow" mHBOT for Lyme, is because that is what got me well and has benefited so many others since.

I have yet to meet someone who has become well (long term) from Lyme using higher pressures (and I know of a lot who have tried). IMO, Lyme is a neurological disease, and it is well documented (see Harch) that lower pressures are beneficial for neurological diseases, but higher pressures can be detrimental. More is not always better!

Also, higher pressures can not be done over the long term, and consistent treatment over time is necessary for chronic Lyme and many other chronic conditions to fully heal the body.

True healing is worth the wait. There are no short cuts!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Cindy83~

Glad to hear of your cognitive improvements!

Do you plan to continue your treatments with mHBOT to address your remaining issues?

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Happydays
Do you have to have your amalgams out before using the ioncleanse?
What machine do you have?
Thanks

Happydays
Member # 51567

Hominahomina--Yes, I had them removed prior to doing IonCleanse (the actual brand name of the machine). However, I don't believe there is any concern about the IonCleanse pulling mercury from your amalgams as there is with certain binders. I just didn't bother with chelation techniques prior to removing my amalgams.
Happydays
Member # 51567

Phoiph--Yep, I hear you loud and clear now! With 1.5 still being such minor pressure, you'd think that it wouldn't have a detrimental effect, but it sure did produce a much greater herxy effect than 1.3. So now I am back to 1.3 and feeling much better.

Another quick question--do you suggest doing 40 dives and then taking a break for a week, or do you recommend staying consistent every day?

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Happydays
So one could do the Ioncleanse with amalgams
How much did you pay for yours?
Thanks

Happydays
Member # 51567

Hominahomina-- That is kind of a catch 22. IonCleanse mobilizes toxins that are in your adipose. If your detox pathways are working well, your system should flush most of them out. However, if your detox pathways aren't working well, you now have a bunch of mobilized metals, which will circulate round your system, possibly crossing your BBB. You would need to add binders to mop up as much mobilized metals as possible (remember, binders don't mop up everything, and the bond is weak, so as the bound metals move through your system, many of them will become un-bound.) But if you hop on a bunch of binders while your amalgams are still in in at attempt to mop up the mobilized metals, there is a possibility that those binders will pull mercury from your amalgams and distribute them, which you don't want. Most doctors suggest getting amalgams out prior to trying to chelate. I studied this a long time ago, but I know there are lots of good published papers floating around out there. Personally, with metal chelation being a marathon rather than a sprint, I would wait until your amalgams are out, but that is my non-doctor opinion.
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Happydays, "Balance Grasshopper" You made me laugh...I struggle with knowing how much I can do all the time and I still overdo it and crash. Well, it's not really a crash anymore...more just musculoskeletal pain.

You asked about higher pressures...I did 25 dives at 2 to 2.5 atm at my doc's office and it made me significantly worse. I still can't figure out how Phoiph talked me into the soft chamber but it is the best intervention I've tried and I've been dealing with this for decades.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Digby

Please elaborate how a higher ATA made you worse

Thanks

This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.