LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Neuropathy?! What to do. Help me please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neuropathy?! What to do. Help me please
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!

I am 23 years old and I've had symptoms since the age of 17. I was put on all types of antibiotics for years!

Around a year and half ago, I was put on a 9 month IV treatment. I felt no difference.

So I was fed up with the whole thing, and said enough is enough. I hated living in this bubble and having to take so many meds that didn't even work!

I made a decision, which probably most would think is a stupid one, and that I shouldn't have done that. I stopped going to doctors. The only thing I followed up with is my beta blockers because I have POTS, my heart rate is always above 130 standing. But I even wanted to get off the heart meds. I starting pushing myself and going to the GYM and doing what I love the most, belly dancing, but I mostly worked on strengthing my legs.

I've read some research on how they took people with POTS and put them on this strict gym regimen and how it lowered their heart rate. I kept pushing myself until I starting cutting my beta blockers dose in half. Well guess what?! My heart rate have been normal for the past months with no meds! I do take half a dose whenever I feel that I am tachycardic.

My overall symptoms those, are still the same. They are a little better than when I was on antibiotics, but I have a chronic head pressure every day, pain, weakness, involuntary movements, I mean you name it, and I have it.

Recently I started getting weakness on my left foot, and lots of burning and pain. I did a nerve test (EMG), well I didn't feel any of the nerves on my left foot. So, she told it's neuropathy.

So I know infections cause neuropathy. I know some nerve problems run in my family. Now, what should I do?!

I don't want to take any antibiotics, I don't even want to see a lyme doctor, when I did my life was so much worse than what it is now. Just how expensive it is caused me so much stress. I don't work, I can't afford it, and I've seen doctors for years with no result.

I got a better result going to the Gym and eating healthy than going to any doctor. I mean I decreased my heart rate just by pushing myself to workout even though there is so many days where I couldn't get up.

Sorry, this got a little long, just giving you a little background.

Is there anything that can help with neuropathy, do these nerves ever heal and work?!

Im going to start taking magnesium and the B complex. If there is anything else please let me know. I am afraid this will get worse.

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you taken avelox, cipro or levaquin? The neuropathy might not be from infection.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=130342;p=0

Yes, nerves can heal and you have youth on your side.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lion's Mane mushrooms are known for helping heal nerves.

If you are not going to go to a doctor you should start reading everything you can. There are great books on herbals you can buy and take.

You'll need to take it slow add one thing at a time and watch how you react.
It's a huge job to self treat, but you can do it.

Get good books and google things to double and triple check.

Do lots of easy detox when ever you can. Sweat it out, lemon water etc again read, read. read and then slowly add things to better you lifestyle choices.

As you have seen you do have it in you to heal yourself. You have already done good things in the positive things you have achieved.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner works for many

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would do Buhner protocol and also hit parasites (salt/c with herbs).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Judie:
Have you taken avelox, cipro or levaquin? The neuropathy might not be from infection.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=130342;p=0

Yes, nerves can heal and you have youth on your side.

-
Amen .. Hats off to you for taking things into your own hands. Sometimes we are better off that way!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at the Burrascano Lyme Treatment Guidelines, the supplement section. He lists those that help the nerves:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

List starts on page 28.

When I was treating lyme, my lyme doc had me take sublingual Vit B for my neuropathies. It worked great. I don't remember if it was B12 or what, sorry.

"Sublingual" means under the tongue--so you must let the little pill dissolve completely under the tongue. If you swallow it, the stomach acid ruins it. Take the amount prescribed on the bottle. I bought mine in a health food store. (Not GNC)

Nerves recover!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvema...

Please read the mild hyperbaric thread (all 9 pages if you can):

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=125201;p=0

I had severe, head to toe neuropathy for 8 years, and am pain/med free now...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are such a great help!!!

Thank you so much.

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement