LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sluggish circulation/thick blood, etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sluggish circulation/thick blood, etc
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the constellation of symptoms that results from thickened blood, the consequent sluggish circulation, and--separately--capillary leakage...

What can be done about it? Is this something that should go away with treatment?

1 month into doxy, fatigue and orthostatic intolerance are MUCH better. However, neuro symptoms (a topic all by itself) and thick blood feeling--specifically the latter--are worse than ever.

Anything besides taking an oral "enzyme"?? (basic biology tells us that most proteins ingested orally will be digested in the stomach and small intestine. Enzymes are proteins.

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Prickly Ash Bark can be very good as a support.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
No links set for that but a few file notes below. Prickly Ash Bark is in many supplement formulas for lyme / TBD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Prickly+Ash+Bark

PubMed Search

Prickly Ash Bark - 5 abstracts

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/ashpr077.html

Botanical article

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/prickly-ash-bark-zanthoxylum-species.html

Prickly Ash Bark

Then you can search what LL herbalist authors write about it and then talk to your LLMD or LL ND about it. Never add this before talking with your doctor - and be sure they know all the Rx you are taking, for any reasons.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
HAWTHORN can also be very helpful for circulation support.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Be sure to get as many of the books you can by Stephen H. Buhner. He explains SO much about how these infections do what they do and what we can do to in the way of support.
-

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, in Buhner's book, "Natural Treatments for Lyme Coinfections - Anaplasma, Babesia, and Erhlica" on p.161 , he gives a list of Herbs and Supplements to use for Severe Intravascular Coagulation - if that's what you have. You might

Want to search the Internet for info on Babesia and blood thickening. I've read about it somewhere but can't remember where.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Krill Oil, ginger and Turmeric for blood thinning and all the other benefits.

I know it works because I had some extensive surgery and the surgeon commented that " everything he sewed up seeped". It wasn't a problem but he said it was unusual.

I hadn't taken the supplements for a week beforehand either.

Dan

Posts: 2898 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an article on hypercoagulation (thick blood).

Dr. C on Lyme and Hypercoagulation
http://drcharlescrist.net/hypercoagulation.html

I was told to take serrapeptase or buluoke.

There's also a fibrin monomer test which and another one (can't remember the name) that reads the actual thickness of blood.

[ 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Systemic enzyme like judie says on empty stomach...i do know bee venom and dan shen have helped with my thick blood

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1538 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coincidence or not.......I had a very large DVT while treating Lyme Disease. Went from my calf to my stomach. Not fun! However I was also on low dose hormones; and it was discovered I have May Thurner Syndrome, basically a constricted vein.

I was told my blood was thick when admitted to the hospital. I stayed on Coumadin for two years, then went to one adult aspirin per day.

I would advise taking something to thin your blood as there are several reason why having and treating Lyme can thicken your blood.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm buying turmeric/curcumin.

And going to do red wine a few times a week too, to thin the blood.

Eh, my D-dimer was normal... when my lyme must have been raging, with no treatment.

I am, however, going to order my own clotting studies.

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohio, good luck boosting your immune system with the wine thing.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Well, I'm not immunodeficient. And six-eight glasses of red wine per week is not going to destroy the immune system.

But that's just me. If not having wine helps people feel better, then all the more power to them!

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From p. 27 of Burrascano:

"CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED IF LYME SYMPTOMS ARE TO BE PERMANENTLY
CLEARED:

1. Not allowed to get behind in sleep, or become overtired.

2. No caffeine or other stimulants that may affect depth or duration of sleep, or reduce or eliminate naps.

3. Absolutely no alcohol!

4. No smoking at all.

5. Aggressive exercises are required and should be initiated as soon as possible.

6. Diet must contain generous quantities of high quality protein and be high in fiber and low in fat and carbohydrates- no simple carbohydrates are allowed. Instead, use those with low glycemic index.

7. Certain key nutritional supplements should be added.

8. COMPLIANCE!"

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Like I said, a couple red wines a couple days a week will not suppress the immune system.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bioflavonoids, like rutin, help to tighten up

vessels. That can be found in the pithy part of

citrus. Horse chestnut does the same thing. You

would have to check to make sure it does not

interfere with your blood thickness situation.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cyruta Plus by Standard Process is good for capillary leakage too.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda agree with tf ,maybe reservatol from red wine or japonese knotweed maybe better...? Thank you look up

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1538 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two reasons for heparin therapy.

1. It thins thick blood when Lyme biofilms, etc. exist. (Aspirin does not work for this purpose.)

2. Heparin coats the red blood cells to prevent Babesia organisms from entering and destroying them, and from multiplying. Heparin can be put in a transdermal cream by a compounding pharmacy to avoid daily injections, or delivered thru IV line. Approximately $40 month for the compounded cream.

"Treatment with various concentrations of heparin showed complete clearance of the intracellular parasites."

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/symptoms-information/heparin-hypercoagulation

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20272 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alcohol shuts down the detox process completely.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like wine too OP.

I actually tried to get away with this in the beginning [Smile] .

Believe me, when you're treating Lyme you'll lose interest in this idea completely. I still miss it but once all the drugs got in me and I started killing spirochetes I couldn't touch a drop even if it was waved under my nose.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Good to know about the heparin thanks tincup...alcohol in tincures has been ruff with tinidazole. ..

--------------------
Blue

Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding, blue, kills me every time. I had to stop.
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.