LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

2016 LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Air Hunger with Bartonella?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Air Hunger with Bartonella?
eckoro
Member # 48110

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eckoro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone got air hunger with bartonella?

I’ve suffered a relapse after stopping for a week and have some mild symptoms along with this. I never really had this symptom before, I may have had some breathlessness early on. Can say for sure it isn’t babesia. I don’t have a cough or pain in my lung area. I don't have trouble filling my lungs completely, but it just feels I'm not fully satisfied with oxygen. It has started to persist today.

My BPM isn’t crazy high. 80bpm. Was 65 when went to sleep last night. My oximeter reads 98. I don’t feel terribly fatigued either.

Going to get an appointment at GP for tomorrow. I have feeling it could be in relation to low haemoglobin as one of my early blood tests last year read as low normal. Indirectly caused anemia?

Probably going to be one of those things that won't show up on diagnostics.

Posts: 21 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said.. "Can say for sure it isn’t babesia. I don’t have a cough or pain in my lung area."

Sorry, not sure why you can say it positively can't be Babesia?

You don't have to have all of the symptoms to have Babesia and the tests more often than not miss it.

Additionally, once you treat one infection, typically another will pop up you didn't know you had (or you did know- a relapse).

I've not heard of this symptom - air hunger- being related to Bartonella, but perhaps it could happen?

Hope you get some answers soon and feel better too!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.FloridaLyme.org
www.VirginiaLyme.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.WashingtonDCLyme.com

Posts: 18629 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eckoro
Member # 48110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eckoro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the bartonella mark appear so can say for sure it is a relapse. Got a photo of it too, not seen these for a long while: http://i.imgur.com/WRf9G0J.png

Well I've often seen it come up on symptom lists as 'breathlessness', I guess it is hard to find the differences between: Air hunger and breathlessness.

I have used Bactrim, Artesunte and Artemisinin and not had any obvious Babesia symptoms during herxes. Which I would think as: night time palpitations, night sweats, fevers and air hunger. I would more than likely have one of them. I've only had some bart related heart symptoms / chest wall pain which was mostly early on. Though, people say it takes a while to develop obvious symptoms for Babesia. But, me and llmd feel enough to rule it out.

Thanks, we all hope for answers but sadly a lot of stuff will always remain elusive! This afternoon it seems to have gone by 80% after continuing my cefuroxime and cats claw. I was afraid of continuing these and making it worse.

Posts: 21 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brucella causes air hunger. It's closely related to Bartonella and treatment is basically the same.
Posts: 605 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eckoro
Member # 48110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eckoro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting on Brucella, from what I know that is quite an uncommon one. I have had minor sole pain not as often as other people though and had bartonella marks. So would say I do have that. My test showed it as 'equiovocal'.

I feel a lot better this evening now I've taken some antibiotics since I made the post and the air hunger is gone. So anyone's guess what was causing it. Episodes of breathlessness is noted as a symptom, but it just felt a lot more persistent than that.

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air hunger is a symptom of Lyme on my Symptom List. Maybe the Cat's Claw relieved it. Anyway, glad that it's gone.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eckoro
Member # 48110

Could quite possibly be, but often when I've seen 'symptom lists of Lyme' it has listed all symptoms including the co-infections, which is as a kind of catch all to new people reading them so they can diagnose themselves as having Lyme.
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brucella is one of those that is more common than people think. Some Lyme docs have figured that out but most are still trying to catch on to that one. But definitely sounds like you have the Bart symptoms.

They're both carried by fleas, so maybe you have both, or maybe not. Seems to be a guessing game, but at least treatment is very similar for them. What I've read about Brucella is that it has some symptoms of Bart and some symptoms of Babesia combined.

Posts: 605 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupus can also cause air hunger.
Posts: 1542 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2017 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.