I'm looking for some help and guidance. I've had chronic fatigue for around 20 years now. I went from being a college athlete to hardly able to finish a shower in just a few years.
At first I was depressed, then just not able to work out as hard and then I got super depressed and completely exhausted.
Fast forward 20 years later I have treated a low thyroid and feel 80% normal at best. I'm looking for the other 20% and decided to get tested for Lyme. I was always outside in the woods as a kid.
My CD57 test came back borderline according to my doctor. He recommended I retest in 3 months or start a very costly alternative treatment. What do you all suggest? Should I see another doctor, get a different test, do antibiotic treatment? Thanks for any help.
(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)
IMO, based on my personal experience, I would invest in a LLMD. One of my most extensive and thorough examinations was done by a LLMD. It was well worth the money. The only problem and regret was I had waited too long.
If what you want are answers, this is the way I would go. Let me know, and I will help you find a LLMD in Ohio, which by the way, is Lyme epidemic.
Mainstream doctors don't know about Tick Borne Infections. You need to find a specialist.
Posts: 1716 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016
| IP: Logged |
My doctor recommended Low Dose Antigen Therapy LDA/LDI. It would cost me $400/month at first and then possibly $100/month depending on how much I need. But it is a holistic treatment and not a cure so I would have to do it forever if it worked. I need to read about it but I hate to start a program that takes a lot of time and money when I don't have a clear diagnosis. Would it be a waste of time to go the traditional route with insurance just to see if they can get me a better diagnosis and try to help? Thanks so much.
Posts: 2 | From OH | Registered: Apr 2018
| IP: Logged |