LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter



Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » more courses of antibiotics

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: more courses of antibiotics
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon

I have been feeling unwell enough for some time that i had an appointment with a LLMD in CT

The past year i have been suffering from bad lower back pain that i cannot credit to either arthritis or herniated disks, both of which i have,and i also can't rule out that it's muscular

in addition i get out of breath very easily going up stairs or any incline

sometimes my upper legs hurt, and i definitely have ambulatory issues

i was treated most recently for parasites and have been feeling somewhat better on that front, at least i am more regular and i'm sleeping soundly for 6 hours a night most of the time

the reason i write: before my follow up visit to the llmd, his office called and told me some of my test results are in and his partner wants me to start on ceftin and doxy

you might have an idea if you have had Lyme as long as I have (early 80's, but without a positive test result until 2004) how many abx i have ingested over the years...you name it i have taken it, except for any IV....

i am reluctant to start abx in a void as a result, esp since my regularity is better....do you think i should wait until after the follow up visit when i have had a chance to have a conversation about all of them? or should i start now? i think clearly, my sleep is most of the time better, but this pain and some neurologic symptoms are worse....(i have actually been thinking i might have ALS or MS - yes i know there's probably a Lyme connection)

i am betwixt and between...the follow up is scheduled for 8/16....

thanks.

danP

Posts: 274 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. I would never go the abx way.

Abx for me is only short term, for emergencies. That is how they were made to be used anyway.

I would go straight to herbs or other less invasive treatments.

Long term, I have no doubt that in my case, I would choose less invasive treatments, more widespectrum.

Once you go natural, you may hit other parallel infections such as fungi, viruses etc, because herbs are not that specific like drugs.

Plus they help cleaning the mess of die off, while abx only increase toxicity...

I haven't touched an antibiotic for the last 10 years or so. Only once, during a trip, I took a couple of Bactrim for a cystitis.

That was it.

I hope I'll never need one anymore. As long as I'm far from drs and hospitals, I usually take no drugs whatsoever.

It's a decision you got to do on your own, I guess.

I know way too many alternatives for drugs to vote for them. I have hundreds of alternatives to try before I take a drug, so I never arrive to take any drug at the end.

but as I said, it's a decision you have to do on your own. If you leave drs decide, they take the decision for you.

It's just my opinion.....

Posts: 6012 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


Home | Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Webmaster