LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » herxing on crypto plus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: herxing on crypto plus?
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started taking crypto plus for babs about 3

weeks ago and am feeling awful. I'm suppose to

work up to 20 drops 3x day but have only been

taking 4 drops 3x day.

My sharp jabs in the brain have returned after

8 mo. of feeling good and I have a constant

head ache which I never even get.

Wondering if anyone else has had any experience

with this. I hope I'm herxing??

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElaineC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ElaineC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is crypto plus??

Is it a new form of Cryptolepsis??

I have taken Cryptolepsis several times and didn't experience this....

Hope others will be able to advise you.

Posts: 261 | From Herx-ville!! | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting ready to order crypto in a couple of weeks so I'd be interested in knowing about this product too.

The only one I know about is from Woodland Essence. Are there others?

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Same question here. I'd love to see the link. Nothing comes up on google with the term "Cryptolepsis Plus"

With more details, we might be able to connect some dots.

I'd stop it and then try to one drop a day for a while. Increase only by one drop at a time after your body gets adjusted. But, that may differ from your doctor's advice. I hope you've been able to discuss this with him/her.

It also may be that there is something that you are sensitive to in this formula or, maybe, your liver support needs adjustment.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbyjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,

The bottle of Crypto-Plus says it's a

proprietary extract blend of Cryptolepsis

Sanguinolenta,Eupatorium Perfoliatum (Boneset),

Lomatium Dissectum, Juglans Nigra (Black Walnut

hulls), Phospholipids, Stillengia Sylvatica.

My doc says it is some pretty strong stuff and

to increase slowly. He said it can cause rash

if you increase to quickly.

The web site is www.ClinicalResponseFormulas.com

Thank you so much for chiming in. I'll let you

know how it goes, please do the same:)

--------------------
abbyjo

Posts: 255 | From Southern CA. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

As with all tinctures, be sure to always take this in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water and never just shoot into your mouth (just in case you've thought of doing that). (And, I assume that you are NOT on flagyl. Even the small amount of alcohol in tinctures may be too much in that case.)

I can not tolerate anything with Black Walnut hulls. It is very strong. That is the one thing that really jumps out at me. It has a distinct effect on helping rid the colon of certain parasites.

Lomatium is also really strong stuff but excellent for lung symptoms, especially.

Q: Is this all your treatment or just the part for babesia ? Are you taking anything that is specifically anti-spirochetal to address lyme?

Go slowly. There is no easy treatment for any tick-borne disease. Just do the best you can along the way to take care of yourself.

good luck.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had any antibiotic treatment for babesia or just this herbal protocol?

Hubby tried cryptolepis by itself a couple of years ago. He was taking the suggested dose of 5 droppers (30 drops per dropper) 3 times per day. He did end up in the ER and hospital. And this was after he had done 4 months of low dose quinine and clindamycin. And also after a couple of rounds of primaquine and chloroquine.

At that time he suddenly developed very high blood pressure and elevated pulse and lots of new petechia. They gave him IV blood pressure meds to reduce his blood pressure.

Now that we think the babesia is finally gone (after 8 months of Alinia plus Bactrim) he was recently able to take 15 droppers 3 times per day of Cryptolepis. Took 6 weeks to work up to this dose and then the herb became unavailable so we decreased the dose back to 5 droppers 3 times per day. At the higher dose the herb seemed to be working against the mystery bug.

The Crypto Plus you are taking seems like it could be working on multiple things -- including babesia, viruses and probably bartonella as well.

Anytime you take a herb that attacks multiple pathogens you do need to be aware of that fact. Don't know if you have viral issues or it might also have some reaction against candida as well.

It is possible you might be able to tolerate something like artemesinin or elecampane better that primarily works on babesia and I don't think it would have the antiviral properties.

Are you taking any enzymes such as Wobenzyme or Vitalzym or something to thin the blood like nattokinase? Anytime you attack babesia you need to try to reduce fibrinogen so that the dead parasites will not plug up the capillaries. Also something like redroot for lymph drainage is a good idea.

This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbyjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16073

Thank you so much for your input. let's see, my

other meds, and supplements are Zithro, omni,

mepron, Malerone, artemisinin, pro-biotic,

wobenzyme, chlorella, liver support, multi-

vit., olive leaf, magnesium and organic lithium.

Whew!

I was taking the tinctures Enula and Mora

before I started crypto. Didn't have any probs.

I'm sorry, my head is really in the clouds! I

do LOVE my LLMD and think he is a really good

doc. I know I need to call him. Today I'm

actually doing much better. No pain, just tired.

Does anyone else feel they have killed their

babs? I feel like babs hits me harder than the

lyme itself. I can't wait for the day I can

take a nice full breath any time I wish!!

--------------------
abbyjo

Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abbyjo,

I'm supposed to start the Crypto Plus. I'm frightened because I'm very sensitive to everything, and I haven't treated Babs yet (after five years of treating Lyme, Bart, Ehrlichia and just tested positive for Babesia Duncani).

I will have to start with one drop, I know!

I'll post once I try but it will be a few days before I can clear my schedule.

Thanks for posting about this - I know what to expect.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
abbyjo,

Quite a list of meds. You are obviously targeting the babs on all fronts -- seems like the cryptoplus may just be too much on top of everything else.

Good luck.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Bea has a very good point. I think this is all too much for your body to process and some of the tinctures mixed may not be necessary and even counter productive. It seems that parts of at least 3 separate protocols are being combined.

IMO, it's best to stick to one basic one with, perhaps, some support measures. Rotating might be more effective than combining it all at once.

Your body can only process so much at one time and the harder you hit lyme or other TBD, that does not necessarily mean it's gong to be better or shorter. This is a long haul, so make yourself comfortable enough so that you can stay with it.

-

suki444
Member # 18960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suki444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Crypto - Plus and what was it developed to treat?? Are LLMD's prescribing this?

I don't see it on the website...

Emma

Posts: 37 | From Whitehead, Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ecochick
Member # 27625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ecochick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abbyjo, you are the first person I have come across who mentioned "brain jabs"! I have been getting sharp, stabbing head pains since 2008 or 2009. I've been calling them "ice-pick pains". Does yours feel anything like that? And do you still get them? Do they know what causes them?? Please respond if you get this!
thanks...

Posts: 5 | From Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement