LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my first time Rifing - what do you think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my first time Rifing - what do you think?
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been off ABX for 18 months now but have started to relapse...

Even though I was (and maybe still am) skeptical about rife machines, I finally succumbed and bought a GB-4000. I did the standard pre-programmed channel for Lyme (34 frequencies). The seller of the machine suggested to start with 3 minutes per group and my LLMD suggested not to go at the maximum power right away but to start slowly and then turn up the power in subsequent weekly sessions.

So I did do just that and did my first session 2 days ago. I did not herx but I did have pretty strong night sweats - significantly stronger than I have had in a long time. In my previous experiences with ABX, night sweats indicate killing skeets (immune system reacting to the dead skeets). So do you guys / girls agree that my new friend is killing skeets?

Next session 4 minute cycles and pump up the power a bit... Looking forward to it.

Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do agree you are probably killing off spirochetes, just a word of caution though. Be very careful about pumping up the power. Rife herxes can come days later and can be much more intense than those from antibiotics. Good luck.
Posts: 366 | From Louisville KY. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always read that night sweats were a sign of bartonella or babesia. I think people sometimes think they are herxing when in fact a co-infection is coming out. The treatment is effective against the lyme but not so with the other diseases, allowing them to multiply and cause havoc.

In the past I would become very confused believing I was herxing or having side effects when in fact I was just being taken over by bartonella.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the GB-4000, and was shocked at the price. I've talked to many ppl with rife machines that paid much less for them, and they seem to be excellent.

What would make it worth that much money? Just trying to learn for when I decide to purchase one.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I paid something like $2,500 for the whole thing. It's the generator, the amplifier and then the connections and manual from another company.

The GB-4000 was (unofficially) recommended to me by my LLMD. He told me that all of his patients that used is - except one that had not responded to ABX either - had experienced herxes and had improved significantly. That was enough for me. I compared the machines and the GB-4000 seems to be the best anyway. I'd pay more and know for sure I am doing everything I can to get better, rather than buying a machine that might not be as good and then maybe have doubts afterwards in case I get no results.

Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My research actually revealed something different regarding which Rife machines are the most effective.

A poll among a Rife user group (not on this forum) rated coil machines head and shoulders above all others in terms of effectiveness. Coil machines may not be as convenient, but personally, I'd rather incur the inconvenience and get better than stay sick conveniently.

Bryan Rosner's book on Lyme and Rife Machines also places coil machines at the top of the list for effectiveness.

I've seen many people post who have bought the GB and EMEM machines, used them to a certain point of improvement, but then bought a coil machine to finish the job. I don't have thousands of dollars to throw around haphazardly, so I thought it more logical to just buy the most effective machine from the get-go.

The coil machine only runs one fx at a time, but there are many camps who believe that the best way to fight Lyme and co's is to treat them one at a time starting with the one that presents the most symptoms. Usually this is Bart. Another reason to start with Bart first is that if the other infections are beaten down first, Bart will then take over. It is the fastest reproducing infection of all of them and can do the most damage, including heart valve damage.

Treating the pathogens one at a time also teaches the user to be able to distinguish and identify the various herxes with their respective infections as they all feel different. This becomes helpful in mopping up infections toward the end of treatment.

Another advantage of running one frequency at a time is that you learn which ones are working most effectively.

That's my two cents.

Regardless of what machine you use, good luck to you and be sure to compare notes with people on the Rife thread on this forum.

--------------------
-chaps
Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that the GB works, as I have used one for a few years now for treating Lyme.

I also agree that you do plateau at some point, as more power is needed to reach deep into the body.

The most effective Lyme frequencies I have found are 612 Hz and 2016 Hz.

The most effective Bart frequency I have used to date is 26624 Hz. Initial die off can be brutal for Bart so start slow.

You can try these one at a time, then you may be able to come to a firm conclusion by your own results.

Dan

Posts: 2907 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend reading the (very long) thread here on rifing.

It's very long, but worth the time. Some of the posts are "reposts" so it's not as long as it looks but it has very good information and input from some of us that are rifing.

I have it marked to email me each time someone posts so I can keep up with it.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The coil machine, from what I know, is the best by far.

I bought mine from a very reputable person at a reasonable price.

Pm me if you want his link.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.