LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » From musician to Lyme - Featured on the front page of the local paper.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From musician to Lyme - Featured on the front page of the local paper.
JamesGrandeMusic
Member # 27864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesGrandeMusic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of typing it all here - I figured I would share this with you all. My goal is to spread the word about this horrible disease. I am also in the process of making a video about the treatment I am going through, but focusing on the positives. I look forward to getting to know you all

The article about my story - From professional musician to Lymie.

-James

--------------------
Only those who suffer can grow into beauty

Posts: 9 | From Narragansett, RI | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James,

It has been a hard road for most of us. I have been battling this disease for 20 years. Just in the last two years found a doctor to treat me.

I hope you can bring some awareness to lyme. Please keep mentioning it to everyone who will listen. Because the CDC and the ISDA do not recognize Lyme Disease.

Good luck with treatment.

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, I'm so glad you got your story out there. It is so detailed and the wording really hits home.

What you've been through is awful - and I can fully relate. Good luck with all your endeavours!

- Lymelady Julie

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your story sounds very familiar. I"m glad you are starting to feel better. (me too!)

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 80% +/- most days.

Posts: 3098 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so frustrating when you go to all of those doctors and have all of those tests and they tell you that they can't find anything wrong with you. Eventually they start looking at you like you're a hypochondriac or a pill seeker and they stop trying to help you. I was lucky and lived in an area where it was widely recognized when I was first ill. However, since moving south I can't find a doctor who believes in chronic Lyme Disease so when I have a new symptom they run these tests and tell me "it's all in my head" or try to diagnose me with something I KNOW I don't have when I KNOW it's a new symptom of the Lyme...
Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesGrandeMusic
Member # 27864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesGrandeMusic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll find a way to spread the word about Lyme. My hope is to do it without outing the Doctors who fail to diagnose, because I truly believe a lot of them are just uniformed and not malicious. (then of course there are a few stubborn doctors who are just absolutely horrible at helping people get well)

--------------------
Only those who suffer can grow into beauty

Posts: 9 | From Narragansett, RI | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck with your treatment. The world needs musicians.

Having your story in the newspaper will have helped some of the readers find their own diagnoses.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, welcome aboard the boat.

My story is similar to yours, but I found out I had Lyme much sooner and still couldn't find help or figure out where to go for it.

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the recent completely inaccurate Lyme story in Newsweek (see another post), it's good to see true story of an actual person described in the press. People get way too much wrong information from reading the paper or watching the news. I sent your story to my family. Every little bit of understanding they gain helps them cope with my illness better.

I'm glad you figured out it was Lyme.

Best wishes for your recovery, and thanks for sharing your story with the public.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, Newsweek has a much wider circulation.

[ 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.