LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » LymeNet Fundraising 2016

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LymeNet Fundraising 2016
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year!

My name is Jenifer, and I am LymeNet's webmaster. LymeNet offers a place to ask and to get answers to medical questions and to get information related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases. It also offers support and discussion for Lyme disease patients, provides a place for patients seeking help from a health care professional specializing in Lyme disease, displays news about Lyme activism, protests and patient advocacy events, and even has a section for topics that have nothing to do with Lyme disease.

LymeNet is an invaluable website and resource and even a place of refuge to those afflicted with Lyme disease. It has been a couple of years since the last fundraising event. Because of that, the funds are running very low. In order to keep LymeNet up and running, it costs around $200 a month to operate. We are asking to raise enough funds that would help offset these costs for two years, $5,000.

If you feel LymeNet has helped you or a loved one in any way, please consider a donation in any amount that you are comfortable with. The LymeNet Team and Community would be very grateful.

You can click on the "Make a Donation" button on the left side of the page to make a donation through Paypal, or you can mail a check made payable to The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey to 43 Winton Road, East Brunswick, NJ 08816.

Thank you for your consideration, and for making LymeNet what it is today!

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Posts: 318 | From Upstate New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something I usually forget about but want to bring to the attention of everyone is the Amazon redirect link to the left of every Lymenet page.

As it says on the left, "The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site. When purchasing from Amazon.com, please 'click here' first."

So, a reminder to myself and everyone, when purchasing from Amazon, go to that site by using Lymenet's redirect link for every purchase.

This is a great way (and the least we can do) to donate to Lymenet and keep it up and running, especially for those of us strapped by the heavy burden of medical expenses.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
optimumpremonition
Member # 47449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for optimumpremonition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me determine the likelihood of me having Lyme.

I recently got a western blot done by Medical Diagnostics Laboratories and am not 100% sure how to read it.

It's confusing about what make a band positive. Some appear positive to the naked eye but are they technically positive? The intensity of the band is labelled. As an example: the intensity of band 30 is 077% and band 93 is 065%. The intensity of the band 23 is 034%

Does anyone have experience reading MDL western blot results? This would really help me. I have chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.

Thanks!

The test results are posted below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49284732/2016-01-11%20MDL%20Results%20IMG%20of%20IgG%20%26%20IgM%20Bands.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49284732/2016-01-11%20MDL%20Results.pdf

Posts: 2 | From Louisiana, US | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
optimumpremonition,

Welcome - yet sorry for the need you have but hope you will find answers here.

As this is Jenifer's thread about fundraising, it's best if you repost so you have your own thread on your own topic and a place for replies.

You can copy your post and then click onto the "post new topic" at the top of page. After you've successfully got a new thread,

The edit icon, just above your post (tiny paper & pencil) will allow you to delete your post here.

You most certainly do have very significant positive bands on your results. I hope you can see an ILADS educated lyme literate doctor to clarify and assess your symptoms.

Good luck.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Jenifer,

My eyes failed to see this until today as I don't usually look to the top of the page. Maybe others' eyes are also trained to skip over the top so I hope you don't feel neglected.

I want to thank you - and all - who make LymeNet possible. Sadly, it's rare to have even $5. left after rent & food (and even nothing for treatment). So there is no way I have anything to give. Still, I wanted to acknowledge your post and hope that others will see this.

For those of use who may have friends or family who might help, either with funds . . . or just by passing this on, and on . . . that might help.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Keebler, for the kind words!

Best wishes for you,
Jenifer

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Posts: 318 | From Upstate New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good way to thank Lymenet. Keep it here for the next generations.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though I have not been able to work now for 3 years because of the lyme I was able to contribute a bit finally , just a few weeks ago , thanks to ( however awful this may sound ) my father's recent passing . He left a bit of money so I passed some of it on ... I am so grateful for all the help I have received from everyone here & though I have not been active for a few years here due to other family illnesses etc I have never forgotten the support & good advice that has helped me immensely in my lyme journey ... thank all of you all here for that & please keep it up ... you are an invaluable resource for those seeking ! [Razz]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karensky, I am sorry to hear of your father's passing. May the good memories you have shared help you during this difficult time.

On behalf of LymeNet, I would like to thank you for your generous donation. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, every little bit counts and is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

kctpac
Member # 48106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kctpac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
A good way to thank Lymenet. Keep it here for the next generations.

Posts: 3 | From Mass | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kctpac
Member # 48106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kctpac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I post a new topic here ???? What do I click on ????
Posts: 3 | From Mass | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much of the $5000 have you earned?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

$3,000 have been raised so far. Thank you!!

We need more. Keep those donations coming!!

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Chris the Lyme Warrior
Member # 49058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris the Lyme Warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking of having a benefit for helping me and, i will set up a box for you people as well, if i succede at getting a benifit, i am also planing on selling awareness t-shirts, even though everyone around here has heard of it, they dont know how serious it is, it feels to me, maybe i'm just lyme fogged, sorry for the ranting.

Any ideas to help me out on making a lymes benifit, please direct message me or whatever its called. it would just help me personally just to talk to someone as well...

--------------------
7 years since the suspected tick, already falling in love with crutches...

Posts: 25 | From Central Minesota | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bringing this thread back up to the top of "today's active topics." I rarely use the main pages like medical, general, etc., and this bumps it back to the top of today's threads.

All of us use Amazon, so when going to Amazon's site, get there from Lymenet and use the "click here" link on the left of every Lymenet page. Lymenet receives a donation every time you use that link to purchase something on Amazon and it doesn't cost you anything more.

Do I understand it correctly that the bigger the purchase on Amazon using Lymenet's link, the bigger the donation to Lymenet??

Jenifer, what is the fundraising total at now?

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomA72
Member # 49613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomA72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got log on for months it was all way one
Thing or my fog an this tablet it finally worked.
I answered a thing under general about food. Tincup
And today I seen maddog reply to me Jennifer could
U check it! Pls. I said allot tired.
Peace an Love keep up. The good work an vibes.
Toma72 that is my age 27yrs fighting this enough!!

--------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 4 | From Middle Island,L.I. NY. | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement