LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » For Headache Sufferers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Headache Sufferers
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read this article and listen to the video if you suffer from headaches frequently:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/07/06/migraines-headaches.aspx

"[H]eadaches, especially migraines, are caused by mitochondrial dysfunction. If you can fix the mitochondria, you can relieve migraines and headaches. If not cure them, you can certainly reduce the frequency of them.

You know if you're CoQ10-deficient because you're more prone to headaches. Plus, a prolonged deficiency of CoQ10 can cause significant muscle pain as well as headaches. Now, here's the thing: people are seriously deficient in CoQ10 because there are so many drugs that deplete this nutrient, including the birth control pill, hormone replacements, antacids, diabetes drugs, and statins. These drugs deplete CoQ10."

These quotes are from the book "Headache Free: Relieve Migraines, Tension, Cluster, Menstrual, and Lyme Headaches."

This article FINALLY explained to me why I had to take large quantities of CoQ10, magnesium, and some vitamin B2 to become headache free.

It is because I am on hormone replacement! (I definitely need to be on this til the day I die.) My frequency of headaches got worse and worse the more years I have been on hormone replacement.)

Folks with muscle cramps from statins need high doses of CoQ10 also, as the article says. (A friend of mine takes 600 mg CoQ10 daily to prevent muscle cramps.)

So, if you suffer from headaches (I had been diagnosed with continual daily migraine), take these supplements.

This is what I take and it has cured even my barometric pressure headaches:

500 mg CoQ10 daily
400-500 mg time-release magnesium (I use MagTab SR plus some chelated mag) daily
100 mg B2 daily

I was so thrilled to find this article today because it explained what has been happening to me over the last few years.

Hopefully it will help many folks on here also or your family members. If you take any of these drugs that she mentions, then you need to be aware of how they will deplete your body of CoQ10 and other necessary nutrients.

Too bad doctors don't know this and tell us.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, TF ...Just a few tips ..

He mentions taking a B-complex in order to balance the B's... just be careful to take a VERY low dosage of B6 or you could end up being toxic. It's becoming more and more prevalent because most doctors DO NOT KNOW that B6 CAN accumulate in the muscles and tissues.

That's a lot of CoQ10.. not sure I could afford to take that much! I take 200mg twice a day and tons of mag.

I'm not taking any B vitamins right now. I'm still not sure which ones I can tolerate.

Which chelated mag are you taking, TF?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you are taking 400 mg of CoQ10 per day.

On that amount, I still got my terrible barometric pressure headache 24 hours before rain or a storm in the area. So, that was still a lot of headaches.

By adding the extra 100 mg of CoQ10, I don't have to get a headache even with rain or storms.

I agree that this much CoQ10 is costly! I can at least write it off as a medical expense since the neurologist actually prescribed these things for me in his office notes.

I don't take the B complex that the article mentions just because of you, Lymetoo. I just take the B2 that the neurologist prescribed.

I take the cheapest chelated mag that the health food store sells. I would just take all MagTab SR, but it costs so much more. So, I save a little money by taking some regular mag and just 3 of the MagTab per day.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankfully, I don't have headaches. I suffered from migraines for most of my life, but they left after Lyme and babesia treatment, it seems.

or maybe that's when I began CoQ10? I really don't know what other factors are involved. I know I began taking mag back then.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement