LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? May 26, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? May 26, 2019
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone!

Hope your day is going well!

We've done church and lunch .. watched TV .. now ready for a nap!!

[hi]

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 93668 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu—Thanks for starting the exercise thread this week.

I lay down to try and take a nap but couldn’t sleep.

Did my shoulder exercises.

It rained this morning but the sun came out this afternoon so I sat on the deck for a while and walked around the yard to look at the flowers. Way too many weeds growing.

Did a load of laundry.

AK — how was the live music last night?

Have a good week everybody! 😎

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 5579 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TuTu for getting us going for the week!

Hiker it was way to hot here, 96 degrees already, so it was an inside day for me.

For exercise I did 2 loads of laundry, made Mom's brunch, juiced for myself and got rid of all my clothes that are to big. While I was at it I organized my chest of drawers and closet.

Then off to dinner with Mom and Josh at Chili's. It was a bad diet day for me and I'm feeling flushed and icky! Darn MCAS!

Might be just juicing tomorrow.

Well....off to bed! See you all tomorrow!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 4412 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful day here - sunshine after rain showers yesterday.

Started pulling weeds in the asparagus patch. Got one wheelbarrow load , so far! There's more to go.

Should go look if there are any strawberries ready to pick.

Posts: 1389 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manname— does your weeding expertise extend to Illinois? Strawberries or sound good.

AK— I think it will take you a while to get used to what you can eat and can’t eat. Sorry you have to go through that.

Did my shoulder exercises. Took a few laps around the yard surveying what needs to be done.

I found a young man through the Nextdoor website who came out and gave me an estimate on all of my yardwork. This includes trimming bushes, trimming trees, weeding all of my gardens, cutting back yucca etc. All for $100.

He also said he would mow my lawn for five dollars cheaper than the man who mows it now. I may consider doing that. The lawn gets mowed about once a week here and when you consider that mowing season goes from April to November, saving five dollars a week is quite a lot.

The young man I hired to do my yardwork is a former student. So nice to see teenagers grow into responsible adults. He is 22 now and I had him when he was 12 or 13.

I did a load of laundry. Otherwise I’m just being lazy and reading. We are under a tornado watch until about 9 o’clock. I’m sending prayers for all those who are in the path of the upcoming storms.

Running a fever, sinus infection, and coughing. Ugh.

[ 05-28-2019, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 5579 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry hiker, I am not able to keep up with the weeding here, so I doubt I'll reach all the way to IL!

After supper tonight Hubby said I shall take everyone with me to the garden to pull weeds. One started in the lettuce row, another the carrots, and I worked at the beets.

Oldest son started with the peas, and youngest daughter worked at the flowerbed. It was so nice outside I suggested Hubby come outside too. He had a rough day and thought it sounded like to much effort to go out.

They are predicting chance of Thunderstorms almost every day the rest of the week. Hopefully we can get more weeds pulled in between rain showers.

Oh, yes, oldest son was weeding right beside the strawberry patch - he found 5 nice red berries!

Posts: 1389 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my shoulder exercises this morning and went to physical therapy this afternoon.

Therapist told me not to do 3rd set today and not to do any exercises before he sees me tomorrow afternoon. Trying to find a balance where I do enough to get progress but don't overdo.

Still have a low grade fever today and am coughing with a headache. Hoping it is a viral infection not bacterial.

Young man came and weeded and lay down mulch. He trimmed the bushes and trees etc. Very reasonably priced. Will ask him to help again and will have him rake in the fall.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumped up my treadmill time to 30 minutes. Lasted about 12 minutes in the 180 degree sauna. Also still doing my home PT exercises for SI an neck joints.

Manna that's so wonderful that your children help with your garden. Hope your hubs starts to feel better!

Hiker you're doing great! I'm worried about the sinus infection though. I used to be plagued with sinus issues until I was diagnosed with MCAS. Now with all the antihistamines I take that's a thing in the past. Thank God!

Trying to psych myself up to go outside and water the back lawn in about 20 minutes. It's cooled down to 91 now....LOL! Might just water myself while I'm at it!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 4412 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. I sure hope it's viral too! No bacteria allowed!!

Manna .. My dad used to grow strawberries. He babied those things and they were good!

AK .. I hope you can find plenty of safe foods. It's a struggle.

My friend and her fiance' and daughter came today and we got quite a few major things done for the wedding. We even got her a haircut.

We bought the plates and forks (fancy stuff from Michael's) .. lol .. Low budget wedding with fewer than 30-40 who will be there. We hope for more!

Got the table cloths and confetti for the tables, got the fancy lantern thing we will use for honeymoon money. [Smile] OH .. and little bubble thingys for the send-off!!

Paid for the flowers and checked out cakes and cupcakes.

Now we need to sit down and figure out what we are forgetting!!

So that was my exercise. Whew! and I had a headache during most of that time.

PS .. I heard from LPkayak ever so briefly.

See ya!!

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 93668 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Finally I had a really good night’s sleep.

Went to Physical Therapy and he worked me hard and then told me to take the rest of the day off.

Lady who owns the business that power washed my deck and put gouges in the Pergola came by this afternoon. She’s going to sand down the gouges and stain the whole Pergola along with the deck at no extra cost. Not charging me for power washing, either.

I feel bad for her because it was her employee’s fault but she is taking responsibility and is very nice about it.

I feel a bit better today and do not have a fever but I’m not my usual self.

And guess what, more rain coming in tonight. It has rained every day this week, but at least the severe thunderstorm last night missed me.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT and triceps and biceps weight routine. Just an easy day today. Watered the back yard and the potted plants.

Now just totally chilling!

TuTu that's so exciting helping your friend with her wedding. I know she really appreciated you being there and helping out. Sounds like you did a lot of running around. Sure hope it wasn't to hot like it is down here!

Hiker I'm so glad that you got a good night's sleep! Sure makes a difference. What good news about the company owner taking responsibility for the damage to your pergola and deck. BTW, please send some rain south!

Well...off to watch the news and get depressed!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I'm glad you don't have fever today .. hope you feel better by tomorrow.
Very nice about the pergola.

AK .. I'm happy you are chilling after all that work!

I forgot to mention that we bought jars and fairy lights already. They look pretty cool! Blue fairy lights in large clear Ball jars. (or Mason!)

Then royal blue tablecloths and silver confetti.

One problem we are having is finding a safe place for her to get her hair done. My hairdresser is booked that day.

I didn't realize how bad the other places were! YIKES! We got her a haircut at one that was running incense type $%&$ in there and it was HOT in there.

I tried today to find another place but there are about 6 hairdressers there and I'm sure the chemicals will be unreal.

SO......

We had a big storm here but it mostly missed our place. It hit a few miles down the road. The sirens went off and they said we had 75 mph wind gusts. Some had really bad hail damage.

We only had a little small hail and probably gusts of 50. It wasn't bad.

nite nite

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Low-grade fever came back today but I’m still trucking on.

Did my shoulder and knee exercises twice and have one more round to go.

Went to grocery store. I didn’t have much to get so I had them divide the groceries into three bags and I was able to carry each one in to the house myself.

The conveyor belt at the checkout counter is very old and the zucchini went right under it and got smashed. Pretty funny.

Waited three hours for the plumber to come and he never showed, he never called and he never returned my calls. So, I called my old standby plumber to come tomorrow and barely made it to the chiropractor before it closed.

[ 05-30-2019, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Home PT then hit the gym! 30 minutes on the treadmill and almost 20 in the sauna. Watered potted plants and front lawn.

TuTu glad the storms missed you! The blue and silver sound lovely! Feel for your friend in trying to find a safe salon. Mine's not to bad and at least they don't do nails there.

Hiker can't believe that plumber. Thank goodness someone else is going to fix the leak. I know you feel great getting your own groceries again!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up early and did my shoulder and knee exercises.

Then went to physical therapy. Slow but steady progress.

Hired a different plumber and he showed up on time and fixed the problem quickly. I used to use this plumber all the time and think I will go back to using him..

Ran a quick errand.

Filled the bird feeders.

Did one load of laundry.

Put out bait traps for the ants that have invaded the kitchen.

Am tuckered out. Need to go ice shoulders. I am trying to ice the nonsurgical shoulder, too, as it is hurting do to being overworked.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hiker, I found using food grade DE works wonders for getting rid of ants. I put it in an old spice container, and 'powder' the ants.

They carry the DE back to the nest and eventually they all die off and we're free of ants until the next seasonal invasion.

If they are sugar eating ants, using artificial sweetener will finish them off! I bought a box of aspartame packets for getting rid of ants.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good info, Manna!

Isn't it so crazy that aspartame is so deadly and yet it is still on the market.

--------------------
 -
oops!
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manname--I totally forgot about DE for ants and I have a ton of it. Have not seen any ants today, but they will appear somewhere in my house again.

Did my shoulder and knee exercises.

Went to library.

Spent some time outside cleaning my little solar lights that line the walk and putting in new batteries.

Tried to nap this afternoon. Felt good just to shut my eyes in the recliner. Being so toxic and dealing with sinuses and myoclonus.

Will read and watch a movie tonight.

Heading to my folks tomorrow. Still don't feel up to driving a full hour, so my BFF is taking me and my brother will bring me back tomorrow night. He and his wife are up from GA for a few days as they head to IN for her mom's 90th birthday. I haven't seen them since November.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2019 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.