LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone heard this CD- Sequencia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone heard this CD- Sequencia?
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.com/Sequencia/dp/B00028ATVK#moreAboutThisProduct

Very curious!

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=752981

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/222591.stm

[ 23. July 2008, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all need to check this out...

A brilliant biochemist in Calif. figured out how to convert our DNA nutrients into musical notes.

I'm not joking.

And check out my other post on the magic of sound (frequencies)...Rifers...heads up!

Mozart...

"Exercise, phototherapy, and Mozart effect raise
creativity"

http://mbb.harvard.edu/content/undergrad/JCNAnatCreativityFlaherty.pdf

"Tones of individual instruments produce the rich, complex and seamless sounds of a symphony orchestra. 73% of a Mozart wind ensemble is masked and inaudible to the human ear."

http://www.ecsd.com/~rhhedgz1/brain.html

Hughes JR, et al. The Mozart effect on epileptiform activity. Clinical Electroencephalography 1998;29:109-119. (Abstract follows)

This study was a prospective, randomized, single-blinded, crossover, placebo-controlled, pilot clinical trial investigating the effect of Mozart's Sonata for Two Pianos (K448) on the frequency of

interictal epileptiform discharges (IEDs)

from the EEGs of children with benign childhood epilepsy with centrotemporal spikes, or ``rolandic'' epilepsy.

... Significant decreases in IEDs per minute (33.7, 50.6, and 33.9%) were demonstrated comparing baseline with exposure to K448, but not to control music (Beethoven's F�r Elise)."

[ 23. July 2008, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased some CDs a few years ago that used to be only available by prescription in Germany. The ones I have are specific for release of stress.

They are used in children's cancer wards etc.

Music, light, they all work.

There are many out there marketing music for these purposes, however; as with many therapies, it's success seems to be specific to the person making the music.

****Medical Resonance Therapy Music is based on decades of intensive research devoted to applying the mathematical principles that regulate the Micro-cosm of Music to modulate
human physiology

This exciting new branch of medicine has been subjected to scientific scrutiny and its various applications and numerous benefits have been documented in double blind and other objective clinical trials conducted at universities, research institutions and clinics in Germany and elsewhere since l989.

Endorsements by leading scientist, physicains and musicians and a complete listing of studies is available on request or the following websites:

www.scientificmusictherapy.com

www.medicalresonancetherapymusic.com

www.digipharm.com

www.micromusiclaboratories.com

Although Medical Resonance Therapy Music is approved in Germany and is available in German pharmacies, these records should not be used for the diagnosis or the treament of any medical disorder or as a substitute for proper medical attention*******

MML Peter Hubner, Micro Music Laboratories

There are many CDs available other than for the realease of psycho-physiological manifestations of stress

Check it out [Smile]

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Well, thank you, very much. I am delighted to bring a shift to my attention.

And a CD, I can afford. Ahhhh ! Sounds like just what I need right now. Can't wait till it arrives.

-

There is French doctor and also a Spanish doctor, both expert in music, hearing and speech therapy - by leaving out certain frequencies and then slowly adding back in one at at time.

I can't recall names, but fascinating. The Spanish doctor's name began with an "S" - I'll have to go look that up.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I've added this thread to the thread for Tinnitus, Hearing, Vestibular . . . http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Gracias !

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement