LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » We've lost another LymeNet member...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We've lost another LymeNet member...
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our good friend and LymeNet member... ALS/Lyme, recently lost his battle with Lyme disease.

Please note the two things below that Billy wanted.
```````````````````````````````````````````````

ALS/Lyme
Frequent Contributor
Member # 6721

Hi Jenny,
I couldn't relate more to your question, for a second i thought you were my sister
writing this! I was dx with ALS this past summer, "from one of the best" neuros in
DC metro area.

After being given a death sentence, I found an LLMD and tested positive within 30 days of my ALS dx. (my neuro come to find out didn't even test
me for lyme or anything related, even though i told him i was treated for lyme 4 yrs previous - i knew i had it again and he put me on steroids which nearly killed me)

I too have been on abx for 6 mos. now, and most recent my 3rd week on IV rocephin, and i've never felt worse! This must be what they refer to as a really bad herx reaction! I've had mild herx's when my abx are switched or added, but this so
far is the worst.

My llmd told me to expect to go through a really bad time, that i will feel like i'm going backwards and getting worse, but he says "it gets worse before it gets better".

I sympathize completely with you, your brother, and your entire family. Keep on, keepin' on!

ALS-AlsoLymeSymptoms
Did You Know? Lou Gehrig vacationed in Lyme, CT.
``````````````````````````````````````
```````````````````````````````````````

> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: "AfterTheBite" <>
> >> To: "William Boesche" <>
> >> Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 2:35 PM
> >> Subject: Re: Hey there!

Good to see you again!! I am on/off the computer so I miss a bit here and there. Sorry. It's funny.. Saturday after I saw you.. while in the shower I thought of something I have wanted to do for a long while for a variety ofreasons but never had the time/energy to follow through.

You reminded me of the idea because of the landscape work you did... and our chat about
trees. I sure enjoyed visiting with you by the way. My regret is we didn't have a quieter
place and more time. I also enjoyed your wife's
company too. You are a lucky man to have such a beauty queen at your beckon call!
~smile~

I have a habit, tradition, whatever you want to call it... that when I lose someone close to
me.. I plant a tree in memory of that person. I have planted trees in parks.. my yards.. and
other places. I think trees are important and I do love them and it is my way of dealing
with the fact the person is gone but their memory will still live on. I also like to know the
tree will give pleasure to many, for years to come.

Anyhow.. we are having increasing numbers of deaths from Lyme, as you know. There is no "quilt" or memorial way to remember these folks and/or celebrate their lives.
I was hoping maybe someone could set up some sort of memorial way to remember Lyme patients after they pass.

If this were to happen...we would need a place to get trees... a place to plant them.. and a
way to plant them. I also thought if folks donated the trees.. or actually paid to have
them planted and purchased from whoever was doing this.. that it would include a little memorial sign with a name on them..

Soooooo.. I have ideas.. but no way to get the plans done. And it might be a bad idea too..
so I really wanted someone's input. It would also make people take note to the fact we are
losing folks to this disease that is said to not be serious.. and rarely fatal.

If you could.. think on it.. and let me know what you think. Don't feel bad to tell me to go
sit in my hat. I've been told that before.. HA!

Just thought your input here would either keep me going in that area.. or bring me back to
reality.. which SOMEONE needs to do every now and then.

Oh.. to reach me.. any time.. call.. XXXXXXXX
I hope you get this email! Let me know! Take care of you... and your sweet wife too!

Love,
Tincup
````````````````````````````````````````````````

To: "AfterTheBite" <>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: Hey there!

> Hi! got your email - yeah!
>
> I wish we could've talked more also - but we shall meet again! You are an
> inspiration with a great sense of humor! Hopefully, next time we meet
I'll
> be able to talk better.
>
> I think you have a great idea! I too tend to plant trees in honor of
those
> I love that pass away! Something symbolic to me about trees i guess,
> whether it be the trees branches reaching toward heaven, or just the
growth
> year after year - signifying strength throughout all kinds of weather!
>
> Michele and I were just talking recently - > I want to plant a tree in my pasture soon for my battle with Lyme, to remind me to be strong, and i plan

to be around to watch it grow! Dig in those roots, baby!

> I'll think more about it, but my first question would be where! Maybe
along
> highway median strips, so the concept could also act as a pseudo billboard
> (kinda like the companies that do trash pick-up along roadsides & have a
> sign with their name on it)!
>
> I have to go out for a little bit, but i'll be back. Take care, have a
good
> afternoon!
>
> Love, "your brother in arms..."
> Billy

hey there,
doin about the same, but i just got finished with jaw bone surgery - no fun! coincidence, who
knows, but all my problems started when i began going to the dentist for what i thought was a
tooth problem, which was in '03. the more i went to the dentist for recurring infection, the more
my speech slurred. turns out i've had a jaw bone infection for years.

how are you doin?

keep up the good fight for Dr. Jones

take care,
billy

````````````````````````````````````

William "Billy" Boesche, 41, died June 10, 2006.

Obituary

William Henry "Billy" Boesch�, 41, owner of a landscaping and hauling business, died
June 10 at his home in Highland. He had chronic Lyme disease and amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease.

Mr. Boesch� owned CleanUps Unlimited in Highland for 14 years, working until about
two years ago, when his condition worsened. He had previously worked in pool
maintenance and the pool supplies business.

He was born in Bear Creek, Pa. He moved with his family in 1977 to Ocean City, where
he enjoyed spending time at the beach. He liked to work around the house and was
considered the family historian.

Survivors include his wife of 17 years, Michele Boudrye of Highland; his mother, Betty
Boesch� of White Marsh, Md.; three brothers, Steven Boesch� of Sykesville, Md., Jon
Boesch� of White Marsh and David Boesch� of Wilkes-Barre, Pa.; and a sister, Michelle
Gilder of Bethesda.

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Billy wrote poems for us... and of course this first one was my favorite...

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=034878

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=035211

My heart is broken tonight.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we say a prayer for Bily and his family...

Let's not forget the others.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=015418

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, Tincup.  -

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very sad for ALSLYME and his family that he lost the fight.......and us. [Frown]
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to read of Billy's death. I love his idea also of a tree in his memory.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I"m sorry to hear this. This and other posts have got me thinking- I never even considered this thing being fatal for some reason.

The people who die from lyme and co infections, were they battling other types of illness's? Or Had weakened immune systems? Or were infected for a long time?

Sorry for these questions I guess its natural to worry about ones own health when we hear these tragic stories.

Posts: 170 | From Vancouver | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, such sad, sad news.

The list is too long!!
....and too many of them were way too young!!
It breaks my heart to hear of each person we lose to a treatable disease.

Sending love and concern to Billy's family.
Will pray that they receive the strength they need to carry them through this difficult time.

Billy, you will be remembered and you will be missed.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so tragic. We are still so far from being on top of this disease, and too many doctors are hell-bent on preventing us from progressing.

Jon, just to answer your question, I am not knowledgeable on every terminal Lyme patient, but evidence is mounting that some forms of this disease (over 100 strains of Bb in this country) are fatal. When the heart is affected, for example, Lyme may result in death.

There is also more and more thought being given to Alzheimer's disease, ALS, and MS, that at least some of the cases may be due to Lyme. A map charting charting death due to MS is chillingly identical to a map charting Lyme fatalities. And I know of at least one ALS cluster in (no surprise) Connecticut.

If we ever make the firm case that ALS, MS, and Alzheimer's is triggered by Lyme (or is Lyme), I think the public outcry for adequate care will finally turn the corner for this disease.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just so saddened to read this...

trying to type with tears flowing freely for Billy and for so many others, unknown to us, but special spirits indeed to those who loved them.

I really want to help with the tree plan, for Billy.

You know I have connections in that field, and feel compelled to carry out his wishes in any way possible.

I KNOW you have your hands full, but please contact me with whatever ideas you may want to share...and lets get this memorial planted.

May God's healing blanket of love envelope all of those who are affected by this tragic loss...and may it surround and confort them.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear about this. He and I exchanged emails several times because we shared symptoms of "ALS". Got no reply to my last message several months ago. In my opinion ALS can be not only triggered by lyme disease but it is in fact neurological lyme, active and not autoimmune or anything else. Not saying this is the only trigger or that it can be stopped. Giving people steroids is really adding fuel to the fire when they have an infectious disease.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Golly, Tincup. I wondered why we hadn't heard from him in a long time. Thanks for letting us know this sad news. I'm so very sorry.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troup Brazelton
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troup Brazelton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, Saddened to read about Billy. It seems his death was sudden, unlike many with ALS. Do you happen to know the actual cause of death?

My late wife's story read exactly as Billy's. She died of a blood clot that started just below the original infected area of her left leg. She was not on blood thinners because we had not read of the doctor in Mo.'s research about fribrin. Her very first phyical symptom also was the left foot, 20 months earlier. I felt she was receiving the very best care from our LLMD and it was the first patient he lost. On IV for 7 months. She felt she was getting better at the time of her death. There was hope.

Thank you for any information you can share.

Posts: 219 | From Aubur,Al. USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry that a Lyme warrior has fallen. Too many people just don't understand what this disease can do.

Thanks from bringing up Billy's post to you (another thread) Tincup. What a loss this is.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
I'm so sad to hear about this. The kind of spirit he showed in the posts you put out is beautiful and inspiring. This is heartbreaking.

At times like this I wish we could all be together in one place to mourn this loss and all the others who have died from Lyme disease.

Melanie, I'm thinking that if you do plant a tree, maybe we could all know and have a moment of silence for him at the same time.

Thank you Tincup for what you brought to Billy and what you have brought to all of us. I know you must be feeling very sad about this and wish I could say something to help you. All I can do is send you a big hug and hope you realize how much you obviously gave to this young man during his struggle.
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathies for this loss. I pray that time will heal the family's sorrow and only joyous memories remain.

Let us please remember to keep smiling up at him too. No doubt, his patience and endurance made him even more special.

Thank you for sharing the news about him.

--------------------
Be well,
SAK
 -

Posts: 371 | From Up North | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC,
This is so sad, I'd heard of this but did not know who it was. I will walk with a little heavier heart today.

Thanks for sharing, as always TC.

Posts: 799 | From home | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Thanks so much for letting us know about Billy. Maybe you could print this thread and send it to her, just to pass along our thoughts, prayers and sorrow.

I hate the toll this disease takes, in quality of life and in actual lives.

My heart goes out to you, Tincup, to his family and to all of us.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnDay
Member # 9532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AutumnDay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup,
I am new in responding to this board, but not new because I have been a "lurker" for over 2 years.

I have what I believe to be lyme, and am being treated for it.

I just wanted you to know that I will plant a tree for ALS/Lyme. I will plant it on the 4th of July to represent the freedom he now has from this disease. I will watch it grow towards heaven, ALS/Lyme will watch it grow towards him.

Take care Tincup

--------------------
quote form Mother Theresa"God won't give me more then I can handle, sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much."

Posts: 20 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry. Thanks for letting us know, Tincup.
Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's terrible!!! I was just thinking about him the other day and was wondering where he was and how he was doing.

This is truly a sad day! [Frown] I can't plant a tree now...I live in an apartment...but when I get a house again, I'll Do It!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 9 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It comforts me to think of the wonderful support Billy received here. Thank you to the caring Lymenet helpers who were always here for him.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so sad. I hope and pray his family can find comfort [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with Billy and his family. We will carry on the battle and you will not be forgotten.

Scott

--------------------
BTW - I am NOT a medical professional - just speaking from MY own personal experience.

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 9 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm very saddened to hear this, upset, and angry. Bill and me exchanged several emails on als/lyme.

prayer sent for him and his family.

i like his idea on planting a tree.

pq

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anybody knows information on contacting his family or specific organizations to send donations too, please send me a PM.

I met Billy a few times. I really don't know what to say except that he touched my heart immediately. He gave me a lyme green ribbon pin on our way into a hearing at the Maryland State House.

In a way, meeting Billy changed my life. Some know I recently decided to change my career plans to work on a movement bringing people together to organize around issues affecting people with pain and movement disorders. Billy's story was one of many that made me realize we need to bring together people with all these disorders: Lyme, ALS, MS, Lupus, Parkinsons, etc.

The hope I saw in Billy was what told me we can create change. I will wear the pin he gave me proudly so that I always remember.

[ 01. July 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Aniek ]

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup..I am so sorry..NO one else should have to die with these diseases..

I am a bit tired and praying I do not have to do a return trip to retrieve wayward teens but I would be willing to do some quilt blocks to use to help honor and memorialize the lives lost to lyme and associated diseases.

I had an opportunity to view some of the AIDS quilt squares at a local high school..They traveled around the country and were part of an eduational program for schools..A Balto. TV news reporter and others addressed different aspects of the disease..

I also do not remember anything about their construction except I think each one was a finished unit, or a few in strips so they could be re arranged as needed and easy to transport. Wish I was not so brain dead at the moment.

I am not an artist but I can do some designing and there are many possibilities with quilt squares. They could depict a favorite thing or place, and there are new materials that enable you to photo copy pictures and transfer them to fabric.

Names and dates could be done on each one and diseases listed. Other personal info and quilter info can be copied on the back.

It would have to be a project that many of us would help with..I do not have the time to do it all, but would be willing to give it a start.

Tin...And no matter how hard this road is for you, you must carry on and continue the fight so soon there are no more sad tales to tell...

I will pray for the sadness in your heart to be lighter. Love to you, lmt

I just had time to read some of the other posts and it appears that this was done before..

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 9 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

So sorry for this loss. Please take comfort knowing that you brightened Billy's life.

Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuZ-Q
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuZ-Q     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, so sorry to learn this. My thoughts and prayers are with Billy's family and friends.
Posts: 260 | From Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such sad news [Frown]

I hope his freinds and family can find the srtength to cope with such a tragedy.

I think the public and th emedical community has to be made more aware that lyme can kill. It is serious and it is destroying lives.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so sad.

My sympathy to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out also to those that have been impacted by this loss. It is tragic and hopefully these things will not happen to those of us with Lyme in the future.

I think it reinforces the critical need to look at the disease as more than just "Lyme" and to be sure to address coinfections, detoxification, parasites, heavy metals, and dental and jawbone infections.

We don't get sick just from Lyme. We have to look at all of the layers and work them through one by one.

Hopefully, with a synergistic, all-encompassing approach, we can limit the number of people that suffer this type of loss.

Be well.

[ 02. July 2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: SForsgren ]

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im very sad for his family, but happy for him. His suffering is over. May God Bless him.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry and so sad to hear about ALS/Lyme.

I dont have words, but a lot of tears for his family and for us all.

I like the silence Idea and I hope Melanie you will let us all know what we can do to help create a memorial for people who are no longer here because of Lyme.

I remember him as a kind and patient poster at lyment who was always willing to help others through a rough spot.

[ 03. July 2006, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: trails ]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at the ocean for a few days and thinking about the death of a friend..

As I drove past the Convention Center, I remembered what the firemen and ladies auxiliary do annually at their convention..They have a memorial program..

It includes a minister with a brief message and prayer and perhaps a song, I do not remember and they read off the names of those that have died during the past year. They had a program with names listed. Family and friends would attend to remember loved ones.

Maybe something like this could be incorporated into the LDA conference if they are interested and willing..Or maybe they already do this.

Or there could be a memorial table with photos and a brief story to help remember those that lost the battle..While a bit scary, it might help others to fight even more. And others could pause and remember.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaughterOf
Member # 6962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaughterOf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such awful news. Billy and my father were being treated by the same doctors at one point. Billy's wife always sounded so upbeat and hopeful for her husband, as if any day he would turn around and improve. I am so, so sorry to hear this.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to determine whether there is really an ALS-Lyme connection.

I have not posted in many, many months. I was saddened when Tincup left the board for a while and there was so much discord, and then my father asked us not to pursue the Lyme disease connection anymore, so I backed off. He is still alive, but just barely. He is completely dependent on caregivers for all activities of daily living, and uses a BiPap for breathing 24/7, except to eat. He has a very strong will to live.

I will always remember Billy's poems and his upbeat posts. He had high hopes that he would be cured some day. My sympathy to Michele and her family.

Liz

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LostCityAgent
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. I just cannot believe this. He was so young. This is absurd. WHY CAN'T OUR DAMNED NATION OF THE HIGHEST WEALTH FIX THIS CRAP?
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. My stomach lurches and I just keep shaking my head at such unnecessary losses.

I was trying to find the newspaper for Highland and did. In checking for obits, I found

1. BOESCHE', WILLIAM H.
Sun, The (Baltimore, MD) - June 18, 2006

2. BOESCHE
Washington Post, The (DC) - June 18, 2006

But I couldn't get to either of those. I am glad those papers carried his obituary so that people could see what a dear man had lost his life to Lyme disease and ALS.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so strange to mourn with people you have never seen face-to-face. (Though, it sounds like some of you have seen one another.)

Our Spirits connect and we bond.

I mourn the death of this man. He was too young.

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are already in motion with the Memorial Park project. I'm pleased that some of you are open to this idea in conjunction with the center.

Again, if anyone would like to help with the Memorial project, please feel free to contact me personally, or reply to the Memorial post:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=045367

(I could sure use a bit of help with this)

Thanks,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sad to hear of Billy's passing and hope, Tincup, that you will send our responses on to his family.

I am also very frightened and feel a need, as do all of you, to act on these feelings of sadness and fright. I would like to participate in a tree-planting program, a quilt or both. I also think donations to LDA, specifically to the Chronic Lyme Research Center in Billy's memory, would be a productive thing. I also think a memorial quilt hanging in the center when it is opened would be a powerful memorial to all our fallen lyme warriors. Though some might think it would be a downer for patients, if it were balanced with illustrations of progress and the hope the center presents, it could have a positive effect.

We NEED to get that Center built. We shouldn't let another victim fall without acknowledging it by contributing to this cause. This will be THEIR victory over lyme disease!

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey all..

I have taken all the responses and copied them out and will be sending them in a small book form to his family.

As I read through the responses you've posted, I cried again. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. Your words are very touching. I know this isn't easy for any of you to handle.. and your comments are precious to me.. as I am sure they will be to his family.

I contacted three family members and am waiting to hear back from 2 of them. I shared your messages and told them of the Lyme Memorial we are planning. They so much appreciated the fact this was going to happen. They are.. no doubt.. devestated and this news will hopefully help them deal with the tragedy of losing their son, husband and sibling.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers for Billy and his family.

When I hear back .. I will share with you.

TC

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been quite ill & not been on sites for awhile. Not familiar with him.

I am so sorry for his loved ones.

I always try to turn a negative into a positive or out of everything bad, comes good.

Think it is time to combine all of these named diseases with whatever name they have given my 13 yrs. of research we have found a link.

We need away to combine the FMers/Cfids.MS/MPS/Parkinsons, also ALS which has been on huge growth of resent.

Lets find away to combine as all diff. type cancers/ Jerry Lewis`s funding, etc.

If we bind together all the deaths, is 1 few things that get attention.
No diff. than a star or well known named person can get out fight, because they have clout. Can get to TV., mass media.

If we put this list of deaths all together would be huge.
These are the diseases on the growth.
Somehow all linked to bite of any sort including mosquito`s Govt. let out for bio-terrorism, that backfired big time.

For all in need,I know I do [group hug] For all battling & suffering.
Kerry
This is way past ignorance now/we need help yeterday.....

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Yesterday afternoon and evening I spoke with Billy's dear wife, his mother and his sister-in-law. Although I bumbled my way through the conversations.. they all said they were very happy I called and most of all pleased to hear you all cared so much. They said to share their thanks with you and to let you know they appreciate your kindness.

I know they miss him dearly and this is a tragic time in their lives.

Last weekend there was a Memorial Service to celebrate Billy's life and several hundred people showed up. It seems we weren't the only ones who loved Billy.. but then I kinda knew that. He had a way about him. He was a warm soul and cared for and helped many folks.

I shared your idea to have a Memorial built for him and the others who have lost their battle with Lyme disease and they were very pleased to hear about it.

I know Billy's wife will keep up the good fight to help those who have been misdiagnosed and to hopefully prevent others from going through what her husband did during his short life time. She has been an advocate for years... not only for her husband... but for all of us. Actually his whole family has been involved.

Billy had his computer set to notify him of any responses to his posts here at LymeNet, so his wife has been able to read your comments here. She may come online at some point.. but right now she needs some space and time.. as would be expected.

His mother does not have a computer so I will be sending the printed copy of this post to her.

His mother read to me the most heart warming poem I've ever heard. Billy wrote it a while back... only to be opened at the time of his death. There is no doubt .. no doubt what-so-ever that he loved his family.

Again.. be sure to know that Billy treasured your friendship and all the support he got here at LymeNet. He spent a good deal of time here and the folks at LymeNet were an important part of his life.

God bless Billy.. and his family.

We won't forget him... and we won't go away!

Here is one big smile for Billy...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

As I looked out front and saw my tree.. I just remembered..

Billy's wife will be planting the BIGGEST weeping willow tree she can get... in memory of Billy. He was fond of weeping willows. They are beautiful trees!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin S
Member # 12046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The anniversary of a dear friend's death is soon approaching and although not a day goes by that I don't think about him, I feel especially reflective right now. Billy Boesche brought so much laughter and optimism to my life and there are times when I am down and know that if I could only see that huge bright smile, everything would seem ok. I was looking through some old pictures and came accross some of Billy. It was like being punched in the gut. I'm sure that Billy's family has been grieving and healing over this past year, and there are many of us out there doing the same. Everytime I warn someone about ticks, about Lyme Disease, about misdiagnosis...I tell them about my wonderful friend Billy with the beautiful smile. My sympathy continues to go out to his family - Love, Robin
Posts: 1 | From Central Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so very sorry to hear of the loss of yet another lymie.

it makes me realize that we all are mortal and time is so very short.

one minute we are here and the next we are gone...

so sad..........so senseless

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart and my prayers go out to you and Billy's family.

I am so sorry.

I am going to have a lot of room to plant trees on my property following the building of our house.

They need to be hard-wood trees, so I can't do a weeping willow.

I would be honored to plant a tree or many trees to the people who died too young due to Lyme disease.

My mom went out and planted a tree in her front yard the morning she had heard that her Dad passed away.

Over the years, the tree has grown big and strong.

Withstood Katrina.....I never forget when I look at that tree, and I also feel my grandfather's spirit with me.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to hear of deaths on this forum... [Frown]

Do we know if lyme was the direct cause of his death or was something else the cause???

djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is such sad news.

it provokes a rage and anger that can only be attributed to such senseless and unnecessary suffering.

i am so sorry for the loss of this man.

i did not know him, but i have read enough.

tincup- i am sorry for the loss of your friend.
i have benefited greatly from many of your posts and i thank you for your dedication to so many suffering people.

i will pray for this man's family, and all of us.

god have mercy on us all, keep fighting. [cussing] [cussing]

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to billy's family/friends,

my heart goes out to you on the 1st anniversary of your beloved billy to lyme.

i remember seeing a tribute to billy on melanie reber's LYME MEMORIAL SITE.

also on the obituaries posted in general support, billy's obit would be there too as well as melanie's site. easier to read it on mel's site alphabetically by name. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement