LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone else on boneset for CHILLS ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else on boneset for CHILLS ?
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner recommended boneset against fevers and sweats. I don't have either of them for a long time. But I still have chills, which I think is either herxing or bartonella symptom.

I started taking boneset a few days ago, more seriously, just to give it a try as chills are my only basic symptoms now.

It IS doing something, in a very different way that other body-warmer-herbs did (like cinnamon, Chinese yang plants, ginger tea, Galgant etc).

The other herbs do help with increasing body temperature. Now I'm on boneset ONLY and I have the impression it first clears my brain, calms me (when I get chills I get 'euphoric')and I don't really notice that increase in body temperature as with other herbs (that feel like feverish), but my temperature just normalizes.

So somehow I feel boneset is a more complete treatment against temperature problems, not only against sweats and high fever temperature (that I really don't have!!).

Anyone else on boneset 3-4x day? What do you think about it?

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma,

If I remember correctly, you had babs as well. Chills can be a babs symptom as well.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Selma,

I think boneset has worked for me with body temperature issues, and it got rid of facial flushing also. I probably have/had babesia.

P

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, my babesia is probably long gone. Now I got a new set of symptoms like finger pain (hands only), swelling (light) on fingers, plus chills-only without any hot flashes/ night sweats.

Only chills. I had many many babesia symptoms, including mood swings, depression, night sweats, hot flashes, air hunger etc. All gone for many months (since June last year). That's why I do think these are bart only.

I was just wondering if there are others still using boneset and having good results with it. I read it's immunostimulant, helps fagocitosis better than echinacea etc (Buhner).

It helped my swelling (down to zero so far...), my bone pain (I guess that's bart, not babesia at all, at least I never had that while my babesia symptoms were flaring)...

Wondering if others got experience with boneset??

Thanks,

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma and sweetpea ,

What form of boneset do you take? I have terrible chills ( ten years ) and would like more info. Where do you purchase it ?

Thanks for sharing !!!

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer,

I get it at a Chinese herbalist's store, in the form of tea. Stephen Buhner wrote directions on how to use it in his book Healing Lyme. I'm not at home right now, but I recall that for each cup of tea, use one teaspoon of boneset. Let it steep for several minutes. Drink this 3-4 times per day for 3-4 weeks.

P

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

It looks like another wonderful plant Buhner chose. I AM impressed!!! I tried everything against chills, it's my MOST persistent symptom, from lyme, babesia, bart, whatever.

Boneset (eupatorium perfoliatum) can be taken in all forms, tincture, hot infusions, cold 'tea', decoction, I don't remember though if the powder would work.

Take a look in neuraltherapy.com or on the site of Scott betterhealthguy.com. I'm not sure they list exactly the exact amount to take it, though. If you still dont' find, I can re-type this part from the book, but it's a bit long. You have to post again then.

It certainly needs to be taken 3x day minimum to get its effect, at least for me, lower doses or less frequency seemed to have done nothing. I take tincture form, one dropper each time in hot water. But Buhner seems to preffer in tea form.

I'm sure boneset will be one of the most important herbs against chills one day.

It IS helping with my bone pain (finger pain) much better than Rizols-only. It is funny how my body doesn't get 'hot' like with ginger, 'yang' teas (Chinese recept), or cinammon recipies etc. The temperature just gets back to normal, that's it.

Let's see how it works in the long term and if it really helps against bart. I'll let you know. As for babs and night sweats, hot flushes, I can't tell as I don't have these symptoms for many months.

Selma

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The boneset may make you sweat, by the way - that's one of it's actions. You have to take it hot for that to happen. It may also cause mild nausea. IT's an awesome pain reliever for some of my sympoms.

Buhner says 1 tsp per cup of tea, drink 4-6 oz of it for 2-6 weeks for bartonella symptoms but I think he inserts an 'as needed' so the instructions weren't really clear for me because he also lists it as a liver tonic in a different dosage .

I"m thinking of writing in a question to his Planetthrive.com 'ask an expert' column to see if we can get some clarification on 'how long' to take it if it's unclear whether symptoms are resolving.

He also recommends red root tincture at the same time (for bartonella) to clear out dead bacteria and work on the lymph system- I had some improvement in energy and reduced pain after I added the red root.

By the way I take boneset for influenza and it's a very, very good symptom reliever for the pains and fever.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Thanks Maria for the answer about dosage!

It's amazing this pain reliever characteristic!! I don't remember him mentioning it, but it did solve my finger pain (I mean, I'm still on it, but the Rizols I was taking had a much lesser effect than boneset on that).

I suppose, the advice would be take it as long as you have bart/ babesia symptoms. I'll do it, as long as chills come and go, or this finger pain comes, I'll continue on it. It doesn't seem a toxic herb, as far as I remember...

I read that bart is a tough infection to treat, so... 2 weeks sound quite short. [confused]

I'll certainly take it next week to ART test. Let's see what the naturopath will say.

The problem is that I don't see my chills anymore these last days, and my fingers normal 90% of the time after adding this boneset, so it's pretty hard to know when to stop!

There's Joyce who was taking it too and saying it was really helping her. Her computer crashed, so she can't joint in to add more [Frown]

I know I should add red root too. I was hoping the Rizols would have helped solving bart, but nope!! Gotta go back to the man's suggestions!

Selma

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
selma,

Two other herbals you may want to check out for lyme and coinfections : banderol and quina .

I have heard of some people rotating them every twelve days . They are by nutramedix .

I have not tried them yet.

Have you considered trying rife with your herbs ?

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Jeniffer, is either of them specifically useful against bartonella ? I checked their site, there's no info on the herbs.

Where did you find info about people using them?

I'll give my naturopath another chance to try to find something else by herself next week AND I will add stephania root and red root next (both recommended by Buhner). I can't take the herb number one against bart (KNotweed) due to allergy.

I don't have a rife machine. Have you rifed bart? Did it work?

I use another machine, the KMT, with specific programs against bart though. I can't say if it helps, as I never really stopped it since I got bart symptoms to see if I go down...

I'm still not desperate, as things are moving for better again. [Wink]

The boneset is working against symptoms, I wonder if it's then really working in elliminating the creatures. It looks too good to be true, but who knows? Only time will tell.

Thanks for any new info about these nutramedix tinctures,
Selma

Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

selma I do not know about the specifics . I really do not think anyone can guess which antiinfective is going to be effective with us because there are so many strains of each pathogen ( for example there are twelve of babesia ) . Everything we do really is experimental , even antibiotics .

I am so glad you feel you are moving forward !
You can keep these other botanicals in mind if you feel you want to add something else
in the future . They are rotated with samento
on the Cowden protocol ( a doc in Fort worth, Texas ) .

I will eventually try rife because the success of people like Ernie and others here is CONVINCING .

Right now I want to finish up my ABX , get acclimated to andrographis , then eventually go to botanicals and rife totally .

I wish you well and thank you for sharing your progress with us here .

I am on the andrgraphis , and it is POWERFUL.
I can only tolerate two capsules daily right now with the ABX . I hope i can see a bit of difference ( improvement ) within four months, then I will drop the doxycycline and add the other herbs .

Blessings to you .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questc100607/hitherto11

Good source of boneset tea. You can buy it either loose or in teabags.

Posts: 2275 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Thanks for the info, Jennifer.

And go slow on andro. You could also try the Knotweed, which is the herb Buhner believe the most effective so far.

thanks Connie for the boneset link!
Selma

canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump

I wish a lot of the Buhners' were around still.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement