LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My CD-57 is 36

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My CD-57 is 36
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So after 13 months of treatment I had a CD-57 done through labcorp. It came back low at 36.

Makes me wonder what it was when I started -67?

I also had abnormally high CD4 Lymph at 60 (range is 30.8-58.5)

and High monocytes at 15 (range is 4-13)

Haven't been able to talk to doc about these but if anyone knows if I am on the way up or down would be great..(All other stuff like WBC, RBC Hemo, Neutrophiles etc are in the normal range.

I am still not physically well.

Thanks,
Kim

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine recently went from 84 to 134 while doing RainTree Cat's Claw at 9-12 capsules a day. I was also on Bicillin during the time of the shift, but Cat's Claw is reported to raise CD57. Something seems to be working.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scott [hi]

That's inspiring news. What was your earliest CD-57 (if you had one in the early days)

Do you see symptom improvements with increased score?

Glad you are doing so well...
Kim

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not have one done when I was at my sickest. The lowest one after already having started treatment was 65.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 6 months of treatment with antibiotics, I was feeling really well and 'normal' , stopped the antibiotics for a month, and then relapsed dramatically (since then I"ve gotten back to feeling 'normal' using Stephen Buhner Protocol herbs).

Anyway, while off antibiotics , I got a CD-57 test done to see if I was 'done' with treatment- it came back as a 23! And this is during the time I was feeling like I was in 100% remission

(obviously the number is not correlated to how you feel, judging from my and other posters' experiences).

I wonder how low MINE was prior to treatment.

Anyway, I don't really have anything to add to this thread but will certainly post my experiences with it as my treatment progresses. We did use the test to confirm that indeed Lyme is the problem and not just some coinfection alone.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, I forget- are you doing any of the BUhner herbs in your treatment, besides the cats' claw? Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng) also raises CD-57 over time.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine never seemed to mean anything and the doctor who discovered this was/is my angel LLMD who saved my life!!! But for my daughter- when she went off Mepron hers would plummet to 6- or 4 - or 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when she was finally blood negative for Babs we took her off and they stayed high!!!! So for her it really did seem to be a marker!!!

But for me- never seemed to correlate much at all-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I have done Polygonum, Andrographis, etc. at various stages, but Cat's Claw is the primary at present of the Buhner protocol. I change based on what ART reveals every 2-3 months.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim,
I am on my thirteenth month of treatment also.
(after nine months of no diagnosis)

My first CD-57 was 48 six months into treatment, then 117 nine months into treatment, and now is back down to 52.

I think I feel about 80% better currently, which is the best I have felt in almost 2 years.

So I guess it does not exactly follow my symptoms.

My limited understading is that it is not a marker of how you feel, but more of a tool to help determine an approximate guess on how your immune system is responding to treatment?

Von

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement