LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » do petruchie ever go away??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do petruchie ever go away??
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know those little red dots called petruchie (sorry for spelling but you get the point), ever go away?

i look like some child took a magic marker and went "dot, dot, dot" all over me. i have some new ones on my legs and arms. some are getting pretty good sized.

you would think after being on ceftin and all those meds for over a year they would go away.

my mom has a ton of these and some are as large as a quarter.

do they ever go away??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you've had your LLMD look at them. I've heard that they can be related to babesia. I have them. Mine turned into hyper-pigmentation when I took minocycline which made them large. Now they are smaller but still there. I don't know if they ever go away or not. Sorry.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting them at an ever-increasing rate, now several at a time.

I have not gone through Babesia treatment yet. I, too, have always heard they are related to Babesia.

I'm dealing with bad Bartonella at the moment, so I don't know if the worsening petechiae are due to the fact that the Babesia is replicating since I haven't treated it yet, or whether the Bartonella could be contributing in any way.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had lots of Petechiae earlier in my treatment. Now they are mostly just above my ankles. They get worse when my symtoms flare each month and then about 80% go away. It gets better over time. I have Lyme, not sure about coinfections.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a ton, in fact they were one of the tip offs that I might have an infection. They were drawing my blood and the lady looked at my arm and said "Wow, look at all the petechiae! Do you have an infection?"

I was like..an infection...huh? No of course I don'thave an infection, I just have crushing fatigue, all over body pain, strange neurological symptoms......lol

I just did a check and I still have about the same amount of petechiae as a few years ago. Doesn't seem like any have gone away, and they are still bright red in color. I hope they go away.

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Petachiae- mine have mostly not gone away, but some have...!!! About 1/2 & 1/2-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if there is any other explanation for these. My babs was treated for 8 mos and the symptoms gone now, weight regained, etc. So, I am thinking maybe there is something else going on. Can lyme or mycoplasma cause these?
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I forgot to mention that I don't have Babs, but I do have Bartonella.

A.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this master list Lyme can cause petechiae. They have listed under the skin section as blood spots under the skin.

http://ottermusic.com/lyme/articles/indicators.html

I have some small red spots on my skin as well. My LLMD says he sees if quite often in his Lyme patients.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to Google Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. This is an autoimmune disease which mimics other diseases. My grandson had this before he was DX with Lyme.

Idiopathic means (cause unknown.) It can be a problem with the blood and I believe can be diagnosed with blood tests. Net sites should have any information you might need.

My best,
Janet

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement