LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please share your rife machine results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please share your rife machine results
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used a lot of different abx over the last 3 years and have seemed to reach somewhat of a plateau. Maybe it's time to try a rife machine. I have seen many different rife machines on the web but I have no idea which one to get. Since the cost is not insignificant ($2,000 - 2,500), I want to make sure I get one that is worth it. I also think this will be interesting info for more than just me. Therefore, I would like to invite you rife machine users to share the following information with the rest of us:

- brand and type of machine used. Company name that makes it
- where you bought it (phone number/ website URL)
- when you bought it
- price you paid
- description on how this machine is used (contact / wand / ...)
- how often you use it / have used it
- how long per session
- which frequency / frequencies you use
- do you use only the Rife machine or abx in combo
- results, preferably as detailed as possible. Is there a way you can quantify the results? Maybe compare it with results of when you were on abx?
- negative side effects
- other points?

I also like to know if you have had any comments from your LLMD about the Rife machines.

Thanks,

Tim

Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a GB4000. It is great for running different frequencys at the same time and cutting the treatment time. It also comes with a big book of different frequencys for different illnesses. I would herx 2 days after using the machine for 5 minutes and it would last a day or two...

Had to quit using it since antibiotics and rie dont work together really well... hopefully will be able to return to using it when I show big improvements, right now it is slow [Frown]

GB4000, EMEM, Doug Coil, and Magnetic Pulser are all good ones and have different purposes

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read this book? http://www.lymebook.com/

Also you can join the lyme and rife group on yahoo. It is run by the author of this book.

Hope this helps,
robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link on rife poll. It was very helpful to me & also reading the Book robi suggested helped tons:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=041531

I bought one on faith a year ago after reading the bood & everything I could get my hands on. I ended up getting an EMEM3D2/T from rife labs. I have been off abx for a year now rifing & taking supps for one year now. I feel it may be helping.

But was it that I did 3/4 years of abx treatments for my lyme & co's & that has keep it me partical remmsiion for now or is it the rife? No way to know for sure.

What sruck me the most was that... to me it makes no sense logically to sit in front of a light bulb to get better. But the more I read on people who where doing it & how it seems to help them I decided to take a leap of faith & get one.

Hope this helps [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my post on the subject of treatment results for my wife.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=052625#000000

If money is tight I would recommend the EMEM analog machine for value and effectiveness. If you can spend more the GB-4000 is more convenient because you can program it and it runs up to eight frequencies at a time. It also runs sweeps and various other options.

Both work well and it is largely a matter of preference. But, the GB-4000 is more convenient and the more convenient it is the more likely it is that it will be used.

I bought mine used but I have bought a couple of things from this site with no problems.

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/gb4000.htm

In my opinion much of the rest of the stuff they sell here is of questionable value at best. Just my opinion.

Good Luck
D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tvalentijn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much, very helpful story. Did you (should I) get the 10 W amplifier as well with the GB-4000? What about the other stuff (wrist bands and poly pads)?
Posts: 147 | From Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tvalentijn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5255

I am almost convinced getting this GB-4000. I just have one more question:

I see only positive postings about Rife machines. This is understandable - human nature. If there are only positive experiences then let's gooooooooo. I would actually also like to hear from those people that have bought and used a Rife machine but that did not see any improvement. Is there anybody out there that can speak from their own experience and tell me NOT to use a Rife machine for Lyme?

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not from my own experience with Rife but in 8 years of facilitating a support group I have never seen Rife cure anyone. The ONE thing I have seen cure people is longterm abx, period.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi tvalentijin [Smile]

I just wanted to add that after 3/4 years of heavy duty treatments I can longer stomach any of the orals. I already went the IV route so that is not an option for me now and am allergic to the injectables... Hense I turned to rife a year ago.

I feel it is helping & with not so many options for me. It has been able to keep most of my lyme symptoms at bay. It has not been a "cure" for me but in light of my circumstanse a real help.

I choose the EMEM machine, because from the polls & everything I could read it seemed at the time to be the most popular machine & fairly easy to use. I also feel comfortable that it is a none contact devise. So far so good but I am keeping all my fingers crossed.

Good luck with your search & what ever treatemt you may find that can help you too.

Blesssings [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim,
Between the Lyme/rife book noted above and the Lymerife website, you can find most of the answers to your questions.

I've owned pad, plasma and EM Field( Doug Coil) devices and they all work. Most people end up using a combination over time. Frankly, for long term use I would use a radiant (plasma or coil)type of device, as they are easier on your body.

I have been off abx(except for short periods for other things than Lyme) for over 4 years using rife and work full time(Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro over Xmas. Rifing works great to control Lyme.

You are turning to rife for the same reason most people do...you have plateaued on abx. I think you'll find that rife will get you down the road a lot farther.

Good Luck rifing!

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a doubt about Rife like you, most posts say working, while I couldn't figured out why.

So I built one myself and started rifing two months ago.

My recovery seems speed up since I started rifing with pulsing abx(Rifampin & Mino)MWF.

I am 80% better.

Now I believe Rife is doing something, because when I move the coil over my head, it literally vibrate my painful nerves (or the painful areas) and execrate the pains.

I have almost life time headache, so maybe the Rife is curing the inflammation in my head?

Anybody have such experience?

I figure since Rife can exert such strong effects on my nerves, it can also adversely affect bugs in our body.

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rife does not work for everyone. There are some reports of no improvement. I do not know why, other than some obvious reasons.

I think curing it with Rife frequencies is a rare occurance. My wife has had about a 95% improvement but we have not completely got rid of it yet. Sun exposure always seems to make it more active. We have to treat more often in the summer and less in the winter. We are currently at a stalemate with symptoms neither getting worse or getting better.

The symptoms are still just occasional joint pain which happen more often in the summer.

Overall she is still much better than before we started which is worth quite a bit in itself. But, it may take something more to completely get rid of it. Time will tell the rest of this story.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D Bergy,
Could it be that the rate of improvment slows down as you get better? I am wondering for the people who don't get better, are they using the wrong frequencies or maybe the use the Lyme frequences, but ignore the ones for co-infections???

In addition to rifing, I have focused on critical supplements to help also. For example, Burrascano's list is the best, especially CoEnzyme10 for energy. Also the 3 essential oils(omega 3, 6 & 9) & the 5 basic sugars( re: sugars that heal).

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I bought a Rife and do not feel it has helped.

I seemed to react to every setting - Lyme, every coinfection you can think of, and diseases from countries I've never traveled to even. I tried settings for prostate cancer, and even being female, I had a reaction.

I think the reason I 'react' to every Rife setting (and do not feel better after the initial worsening of symptoms, but instead worse than ever) is that I believe we are all heavy metal toxic. Or perhaps we are toxic with iron or copper.

When we plug the Rife in and turn it on, we are merely reacting to the electromagnetic fields of the Rife.

I've posted this in other threads, but I personally am convinced from what I've been reading that electromagnetic fields, especially from cell phones, is what is causing what would ordinarily be a harmless microorganism to cross that delicate blood-brain barrier.

I'd recommend purchasing the book 'Cross Currents' by Robert Becker over putting money into a Rife Machine. If you don't believe cell phones and other EMFs are the cause of your Lyme, you will after reading this book.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Sorry I missed your post tvalentijn. I would recommend the amplifier with the GB-4000. I think it would work to a degree without it but would be underpowered. That is what I have heard from some that have used it both ways.

Yes, I think the treatments do produce less and less results at some point. That seems logical since the easiest stuff gets removed right away. Seems like all treatments have this same effect.

I am sure there is a coinfection we are missing or that the machine will not work on. I am going to start programming in some frequencies for coinfections that we have not run yet and use some general pathogen frequencies that I have noticed many people have such as Streptococcus.

We may have to go to a whole different method to get rid of the last of it, but the machine is keeping it at bay which gives us time to try different things.

Contact machines, such as our does not deliver frequencies using an electromagnetic field. A carrier wave is used to deliver frequencies.

EMEM devices do use a very weak EM field.

A Doug Coil uses a stronger EM field.

Best Regards

D Bergy

B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you considered that your experience with exposure to sunlight fits theories put forth in the Marshall Pathogenesis?
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

This isn't the first-person report that you asked for and I don't remember seeing any first-person reports of Rife failure on the Lyme boards. Maybe the others are too embarrassed to admit that they were taken-in by the hype and are shamefully lacking in courage to post that experience for the benefit of others.
quote:

Or the more obvious reason that there is not that many failures.

D Bergy

SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernCO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Ham:

You said this about the rife user:

"He rode the "herx" train to his grave on 16 Jan 2007."

I read your statement to mean that rife directly contributed to this person's death. Is that the exact meaning of your statement?

Thank you,
Dave

Posts: 175 | From Colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

I really want an answer to the following question. Please don't be mean, I am having a bad day:

What do all the anti-rifers on this board think a person should do who can't stomach the abx anymore & has gone threw the IV route and is allergic to the injectables?

Thanks
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernCO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Ham:

Sorry I didn't read the Sterngold post, but I have read enough of your previous posts on rife to understand your position. And I certainly don't need for you to tell me the difference between a herx and a relapse.

Posts: 175 | From Colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

tvalentijn:

Thie IS a first-person experience with rife:

Have only been using an EMEM rife for about 2 months but so far the results are encouraging:

Having suffered with an avg body temp of 96.0-97.5 for 15 years, within a couple of weeks of the 1st rife treatment my body temp had risen to 98.0-98.6 consistently. Has anyone else experienced this?

From day 1 rife treatment, experienced GI herxing. Being prone to cholecystitis, it was not an unexpected herx. This herxing has improved with licorice root, sarsaparilla, and probiotics.

Pain and spasm in the low back and legs has improved considerably.

Fatigue is now my main problem and has not improved much if at all. It seems that the worst fatigue is within minutes of finishing the treatment so maybe the worst bouts of fatigue are herxes as well.

Best of luck to you.

tailz
Unregistered

I haven't had much luck at all with Rife. I feel worse after Rifing, but I've yet to feel better.

So if I'm correct that EMFs are my problem more so than Lyme - perhaps even the cause of Lyme crossing the blood-brain barrier - then the EMFs from Rifing could potentially send me to my grave.

I just know that when I restarted my Ceftin, initially I felt better right away. A few days later I 'herxed' on my antibiotic and felt worse. A few days later I felt better again.

With Rife though, I feel worse immediately and then continue to feel bad. How could this be a good thing?

I do think Joe should ease up on some people on the forum here. We all have memory problems, and we just hold out hope that there is something that will work. If we're guilty of asking the same question over and over again, well then shoot me, too.

beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a similar experience to Tailz. The first 2 very short rife sessions knocked me flat for 24 hours both times. I experimented with frequencies and times, based on tons of literature I read. I was pretty careful. After 4 months I never felt better, only worse, and eventually went back on abx.

I have since used a mag pulser and a blood electrification device. They seem to be easier to tolerate than rife for me and have offered some relief, albeit minor.

Am doing only Rx for Babs right now.

Am glad it works for those who can tolerate the side effects or herxes. I am a wimp.

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too had the experience of feeling pretty bad with rife treatments in the beginning. No abx. I would have reactions during the sessions. It didn't matter what freqs I used, something felt weird. My herxes were really bad 24hrs later.

I was seeing Dr C at that time and told him I had been using a rife machine and he said great. He had had several patients that couldn't/wouldn't do abx any longer, improve with rife. I told him I had been using for about 5 months, but I was still having very strong herxing.

At this point I still wasn't "feeling" better. Dr C said I should of seen some results and be having better days before now. It wasn't a month after seeing him that I had a good couple hours one day. I mean symptom free. wow

These good periods came and went over and over again. Half a day here, half day there. Feeling like crap the rest of the time.

There was light at the end of the tunnel. I knew this day would come. After all it was positively a spiritual, God given blessing that I had found my rife machine.

It was about the one year mark that I realized I was no longer dying a slow death. It was going to be okay. My expectations have always been just feeling better. Being able to do life.

Rife alone did not do it. It was months and months and now 3 years of cleaning out toxins in my body. I'm not cured. Don't know if that is possible until I personally expereince it.

What I do know...from my experience, abx wasn't going to get me back to life. Abx became the enemy sometime during my three + yrs doing them. All I had to do was look outside the box of modern medicine and ask for help.

Today I can do life. I still need to pace myself. I struggle with stress of life. I might not ever be the A Type person I used to be. On second thought I don't ever want to be her again.

I still come to lymenet daily to see if the "CURE"
for lyme and other vector borne-illnesses has been found. Meds, supps, rife and detox and detox is how I do it.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

Pam:

Thanks very much for your thoughtful post.

Dave

5dana8
Member # 7935

wow cave thats alot of questions [Smile]

I did my first IV in 94 & then orals for 9 years held me pretty good.

Then huge crash aprox 4 years ago. I did 6 months IV & then 3-4 years oral followup... IV meds where...

Primaxin, clindamyacin, zithromax, levaquin, cleocin... (rochepine was not an option as my liver tanked fast back on IV in 94). My LLMD decided to quit the IV because I stopped herxing on the IV abx and had reached a plateau & thought that it was time to go to orals.

orals & oral combo's that followed where.....

Doxy, minocycline, plaquenil, oral zith, ketek, cipro, biaxin, septra, flagel, tindamax, mepron.

Also took diflucan,sporanox.

Got better but had a ways to go.

Then treated for babs. This seemed to be the nail in the coffin of my stomach & GI track. I was pukin & nauseated for 8 months straight. With erosions in my GI tract.

The erosions are gone but my nausea is still there. I can tolerate bland food only. I tried to re-start abx but I start pukin again. I am lucky now to be able to tolerate bland foods. I can't even stomach some supps without the nausea getting worse. So orals for now are out of the question.

But my stomach is a champ for holding out for 12 years on orals [Smile]

So I guess you can say my stomach made the decision for me to stop orals. I did not decide to quit orals because the herxing was so bad & it was very bad. I pushed threw the herxing.

Re: injectables: yes, I am highly allergic to penicillin/bicillan (sp?) throat constrictions & can't do rochephin- it tanks my liver & gave me gall bladder problems.

I don't want to go the IV rote again. For several reasons. I can't afford IV costs. The 6 month IV nearly broke us. I lost my LLMD a year ago so not that motivated to fly across country to do IV when we can't affored it. And I know from experience if I can't do oral follow-up after the IV I will just tank. BTW the IV only got me so far. The orals where also key as well.

So here I am. In a pickle [Smile]

I tried some mild herbs but they also upset my stomach.I turned to rife as my only alternative treatment for the past year. Time will tell if it can hold me.

hope this answers some of your questions.
Take care [Smile]
Dana

[ 13. June 2007, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: 5dana8 ]

--------------------
5dana8

5dana8
Member # 7935

Thanks cave for your suggestions [Smile]

Re: The abx creams. I googled it & only could find abx creams that pertained to skin infections ect..

Do you have any leads/links on these ABX creams?
Can the creams get to high enough levels in the blood stream to be effective against lyme & the co's?

ABX trouches (sublingual) I haven't heard of these before. I only know of the ones for yeast.

I have a family doctor, but pretty clueless about lyme treatments. But given enough info I think she can be preceded to try the above mentioned.

Thanks again [Smile]
take care
dana

--------------------
5dana8

5dana8
Member # 7935

Thanks so much Cave [Smile]

for the added info. I will look into this.

Take care [Smile]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

PortlandLymie
Member # 11976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PortlandLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used the rifelabs machine, www.rifelabs.com ?

Thanks.

Posts: 31 | From Portland OR | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement