LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Salt / Vitamin C protol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salt / Vitamin C protol
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just finished a round of ABX and I am still not feeling well. I am going to start the salt / vitamin C protocol for the first time tomorrow. Can anyone give me any advice as to what to expect/what side effects I need to know about. I am also doing Hyberbarics, 40 treatments. I am on my 9th treatment today. Do you think this will help with this protocol? Any info would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Posts: 18 | From Orange Park, Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did IV vitamin C/saline many years ago.

It made me feel better, like most of the other alternative treatments did, but did not cure the infection. I eventually got worse and worse.

what do you mean by a "round" of antibitics?

maybe you should do both. the vitamin C to feel better, and the antibiotics to cure it.

just be sure you have a knowledgeable doctor, don't do anything on your own without a doctor. too much salt can kill you or damage your kidneys.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had lyme disease for eleven years. 5 of what was pretty good after a IV and oral antiboitics with HBO treatments for about 3 months. I was able to go back to work and feel pretty good for about 3 years. But now I'm having problems again. I completed 5 weeks i.v. rocephin and then 4 wks. Augumentin and Flagyl. I felt great after 5 weeks i.v. But my doctor would not let me stay on i.v. any longer. Once I started taking the Augumentin I went downhill from there. I am now trying to get back to where I was before the oral antiboitics. Any suggestions.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Posts: 18 | From Orange Park, Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, that does seem long time on antibiotics.

the IV vitamin C/saline really did make me feel better, maybe if I had done antibiotics and then the vit C, maybe it would have worked.

you will probably feel better. I am not sure if the salt/C is the same as what I did, mine was IV and supposed to work with many infections, viruses too. i felt better after a few days.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReneWV
Member # 13476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReneWV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pretty young at this lyme treatment - only been treating for almost 1 year now. But, just to share something else.... I have been taking Una de Gato liquid 5-10 drops 3xday from Allergy Research Group and Artemisinin 200mg 2xday from Nutricology. Not doing antibiotics right now. I have noticed increased energy and thinking and memory improvement. Anyone else tried these ??
Posts: 5 | From West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peacesoul
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD's son has lyme and refused all ABX, he's been doing the Vit C/Salt and he feels better.
My LLMD did not recommend this for women over 30 b/c of the effect the salt has bone deterioration
I would be very careful with how much of this you do.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use caution in terms of monitoring your blood pressure. I did Salt/C for just over a month and my blood pressure had gone up to dangerous levels and I had to stop. It can be helpful, but use care.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, I will take all these things into consideration.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, as Scott pointed out, the Salt/C protocol can adverseley affect some people, dangerously so.

We have at least one member here who believes she was severely damaged by this protocol, but you won't find reports of adverse events on the LymeStrategies Yahoo group (Salt/C) because the administrator of that site doesn't allow that!

Do a search here at LymeNet for Salt/C - there are have been a number of discussions about this, and you should be aware of the risks!

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Thanks Tracy. I am over 45 and don't want to do any harm to kidneys or any other organs. My understanding was that it was very safe (Yahoo info) and counldn't hurt you to try. I will do a search right now on lymeNet.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Lisa!

You might do better searching for just "salt" in the title of a topic........

Post back if you can't come up with some informative threads and maybe one of us can help you find what you need. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement