LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

Tax deductible

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

2016 LymeNet fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.
In the United States, your donations are tax deductible.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Natural SLEEP - & ADRENAL Support (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Natural SLEEP - & ADRENAL Support
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Endocrine Disruptors

Hand sanitizers just came to mind, as it's the season. Be very careful about these as the chemicals in them can cause more harm than good.

This article is not just about pregnant women, we ALL have these chemicals. It's just where my excerpts started so do not disregard if not pregnant.

http://tinyurl.com/oelefzr

[The Tiny URL takes you to NYT where you can read the full article, best to see his full report]

Contaminating Our Bodies With Everyday Products

- By Nicholas Kristof - The New York Times, Sunday Review - Nov. 28, 2015

Excerpts:

. . . virtually every pregnant woman in America has at least 43 different chemical contaminants in her body. . . .

. . . “Emerging evidence ties endocrine-disrupting chemical exposure to two of the biggest public health threats facing society — diabetes and obesity,” the Endocrine Society said in announcing its 150-page “scientific statement.” It added that “mounting evidence” also ties endocrine disrupters to . . . .

. . . Of the 80,000 or more chemicals in global commerce today, only a tiny share have been rigorously screened for safety. Even when a substance is retired because of health concerns, the replacement chemical may be just as bad. . . .

. . . The chemical lobby spent the equivalent of $121,000 per member of Congress last year, so expect chemical companies to enjoy strong quarterly profits, more boys to be born with hypospadias and more women to die unnecessarily of breast cancer. . . .

. . . For now, experts say the best approach is for people to try to protect themselves. . . . try to eat organic,

reduce the use of plastics, touch cash register receipts as little as possible, try to avoid flame-retardant couches and consult the consumer guides at www.ewg.org [Environmental Working Group] . . . .

[Full article at link above.]
-

Posts: 44632 | From Tranquil Tree House in my dreams | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Happily just stumbled upon this while reading Huffington Post today. And it appears that today is the release date of this new book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Revolution-Transforming-Your-Night/dp/1101904003/?tag=thehuffingtop-20

The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time – April 5, 2016

by Arianna Huffington

Kindle, Paperback, Hardcover and you can "Look Inside" the book here, too.
-

Posts: 44632 | From Tranquil Tree House in my dreams | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Keebler ... thx for sharing that post !
For me working on adrenals seemed to work best for improving sleep , still not great , but better .
My cortisol levels were way too high in the pm ... I have tried all kinds of sleep supplements over the years , natural & not & did not want to become addicted to the not natural ones so quit them. after a week or so of tossing & turning I started a tincture called " Adrenal Support " by Herb Pharm which I buy from Vitacost ... seems to help me stay calm during the day & sleep better @ night . Everyone is different but this works for me for what it is worth.

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/513659/phone-sleep-hour/

If Our Bodies Could Talk

Ways to Avoid Staring at Your Phone Before Bed

Jan 19, 2017

Video 3:35 by The Atlantic

Staring into screens at night can disrupt our sleep-wake cycles. Many experts recommend avoiding smartphones in the hour before bed—but that can be easier said than done.

In this episode of If Our Bodies Could Talk, James Hamblin proposes an approach that might soon be sweeping the nation, and maybe the world:

The Amazing Hour.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
An extensive article that touches on so much beyond the breathing exercise - and with 3 videos as well:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/16/tips-tricks-fall-asleep-faster.aspx

Tips and Tricks to Help You Fall Asleep Faster

By Dr. Mercola - February 16, 2017
-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2016 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.