LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MAGNESIUM - Links Set (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAGNESIUM - Links Set
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
MAGNESIUM LINKS (with other relevant minerals welcome, too)

-------------------------------------

Another "links set" so I can just post the link to this thread and not all of this when refering to how fabulous magnesium can be.

Much thanks to CarolinPA for her guiding me on this topic, supplying some of the best links and consistent reminders for many.

I will clean these up later but had to get this started. Others are welcome to add important links, too. Please. You are cordially invited to do so.

Questions of major discussion are best to be in their own thread though for full attention. A link to such threads might be good to be placed here though, for reference and continued learning.

----------------------------------

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1725934/

The role of magnesium in the emergency department

http://magnesiumforlife.com/medical-application/magnesium-in-neurological-diseases-and-emotions/

Magnesium in Neurological Diseases and Emotions

. . . Natural Emergency Medicine when used in emergency situations. . . .

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-the-ultimate-heart-medicine

Magnesium – the Ultimate Heart Medicine

http://www.easy-immune-health.com/magnesium-for-migraines.html

Magnesium for Migraines; Magnesium for Headaches -- Could Magnesium Benefit You?
Excerpt:

. . . Could prevent thousands of Emergency Room visits . . . .

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/20/magnesium-the-most-powerful-relaxation-mineral-available/

Magnesium: Meet the Most Powerful Relaxation Mineral Available - by Dr Mark Hyman

A DEFICIENCY IN THIS CRITICAL nutrient makes you twice as likely to die as other people, . . .
-
------------
From CarolinPA's past posts:
---------------------------

There are some good brand of liquid magnesium. Cardiovascular Research (brown glass bottle) is one.

If you buy liquid (anything) it's best in GLASS rather than plastic.

Magnesium citrate (as in NaturalCalm power you put in water) is best 3 x a day.

Some like magnesium glycinate better. Citrate and Glycinate have slightly different effects so if one causes too loose bowels, switch to the other form.

Never take the full day's dose of magnesium at one time as that can stress the kidneys. It should always be taken 2 - 3 times a day and,

yes, on a daily basis. Magnesium helps the liver, helps nerve fibers . . . and so much more. It's one of the best support supplements for lyme treatment.

You would take it to bowel tolerance, some take about 200 mg 3 x a day -- but many do better with up to 1,000 mg - or even 2,000 mg a day (especially those with neurological issues).

Take up to the point of loose bowels and then back down a bit.

Calcium and other minerals need to be in balance, too. Hopefully, your LLMD has advice on brands.

------------
http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm

THE IMPORTANCE OF MAGNESIUM TO HUMAN NUTRITION

-by Michael B. Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.

=======================================

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Calm

Peter Gillham�s Natural Calm choices

http://www.iherb.com/Liquid-Magnesium

Liquid Magnesium Choices

--------

http://www.iherb.com/Magnesium-Glycinate

Magnesium Glycinate choices
-

[ 08-08-2013, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
TAURINE links to come

(but that might take a while as I don't have one yet compiled. I thought I did. But that's not going to happen soon). Hope others might post some good detail about this essential helper for our nervous system and vision.

For a start, though, anyone who is vegan or vegetarian MUST supplement TAURINE.

Consult with LLMD, LL ND, though, in case there are issues with MTHFR / methylation. This would need to be done in a specific way if those are in the picture.
-

[ 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
LymeToo just posted this excellent link in another thread. Wanted to be sure to have this here for future reference, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtUn1gWgaw

MAGNESIUM - Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency

10-minute video by Dr Osbourne, Wellness University
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Also very helpful to many with lyme - for brain protection:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/114017?#000000

LITHIUM OROTATE
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
When testing levels: INTRACELLULAR MAGNESIUM is what would be checked, not serum levels.

When considering herbal / nutritional / adjunct methods:

if at all possible - because each person & each case is different - it's best to consult with an ILADS-educated LL ND (lyme literate naturopathic doctor) (or similar) who has completed four years of post-graduate medical education in the field of herbal and nutritional medicine -

- and someone who is current with ILADS' research & presentations, past and present, and has completed the ILADS Physician Training Program (see: www.ilads.org )

Many LL NDs incorporate antibiotics (depending upon the licensing laws in their state). Some LLMDs and LL NDs have good working relationships.

When possible, it's great to have both a LLMD and LL ND and even better when they have a long-standing professional relationship.

-----------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc. (Be aware that those in this category can have various levels of formal herbal &/or nutritional education, perhaps even just a short course. Do ask first.)

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

Understanding of the importance of addressing the infection(s) fully head-on with specific measures from all corners of medicine;

knowing which supplements have direct impact, which are only support and which are both.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL & SAFETY links,

BODY WORK links with safety tailored to lyme patients,

LOW HEAT INFRARED SAUNA detail,

BIONIC 880 (& PE-1) links, and

RIFE links.
-

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering why you are always pushing taurine.

Excess taurine can cause many problems including arthritis, liver or heart disease.

Excess taurine can develop from certain detox pathway problems like the CBS mutation.

Some people actually need to lower taurine.

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Taurine DEFICIENCY can cause all kinds of trouble. Many with lyme are deficient in many nutrients (for various reasons).

I'm not pushing excess anything - just to learn more and to be sure there are not deficiencies at work. Deficiencies can cause severe problems, including heart and vision issues.

The toxicity from lyme zooms the NMDA stuff to the moon, very excito-toxic. Magnesium & Taurine are often low in such a case and, when balance is corrected, many symptoms improve.

For anyone who is vegan or vegetarian, supplement taurine is vital for heart and vision protection.

I also suggest consulting with a LL ND so that professional advice guides individualized treatment.

It's not about pushing or avoiding anything - but finding what each person needs. I do push education, though, and getting professional consultation when at all possible to find the correct BALANCE.
-

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you teach us more about how the amino acids work together then?
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
No. I can't. That's a pretty major task. I don't have a links set collected, though hope later to add to what's here. Others may come along with good articles, too.

And the magnesium links above do go into balance with other nutrients. It's good to search the citations and authors of those articles - to see what else they've written about nutrients.

Still, as each person's needs vary, if you can get a LL ND, that can be so beneficial. And if you can't, many LL NDs articles and books are posted in that set. Those are the best places to begin learning more.
-

[ 04-28-2013, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Pocono Lyme just posted this discussion thread and article:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/124422

Topic: Magnesium sulfate to decrease inflammation

-------------------

It's available in transdermal form.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20121010/Researchers-discover-mechanism-by-which-magnesium-reduces-cytokine-production.aspx

Researchers discover mechanism by which magnesium reduces cytokine production

Researchers at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine recently discovered the mechanism by which magnesium reduces the production of cytokines.

Cytokines are molecules responsible for regulating inflammation; they play a key role conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, atherosclerosis, asthma, and alcoholic liver disease and cirrhosis.

Although the study related to pregnancy, inflammation is the culprit of many conditions and learning more about individual's magnesium levels may help a much broader patient population.

In a study published in The Journal of Immunology, the laboratories of Helene Bernstein, MD, PhD, and Andrea Romani, MD, PhD, reported

that magnesium decreases inflammation by reducing the activity of cells' primary protein, Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta (NF-kB), and the subsequent production of cytokines.

This new insight offers a promising new immunotherapeutic strategy by which a simple nutrient, known to be safe based on its extensive usage in obstetric settings,

can decrease inflammation in diseases other than pregnancy, including in other sepsis, respiratory distress syndrome, asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes and cancer.

The cost of all of these diseases in the United States exceeds $200 billion annually.

Continued on Next page >>
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Thanks to Pocono Lyme for this excellent article:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-and-diagnosis

Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms and Diagnosis

- by Dr. Mark Sircus - May 20th 2013
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-5473/11-Miraculous-Ways-Magnesium-Heals-Your-Mind-Body.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much! If anyone has anything else to add I'd love to hear from you.

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some Volcanic Mineral Refresher water today while I was out doing errands. It is produced in Ashland, Oregon, and has about 15% magnesium in it. It was a huge bottle, glass, and chilled and it tasted good. I wish I had my own natural spring to take this out while I'm driving with the crazies, I felt calm while navigating busy traffic. I also supplement with magnesium glycconate. I think I'm covered.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on this magnesium product for about 5 wks. It is astounding!! I've taken mag supplements for more than 10 yrs but have never had the results I desired.

www.rnareset.com

I hope to NEVER be without it!

[ 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Lymetoo. How is Re-Mag better? What does it do for you that other magnesium didn't do?

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

It evidently GETS INTO THE CELLS where it belongs! My muscles are relaxed, I'm relaxed, my gut "moves"... it's awesome.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Roxxxy
Member # 15297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxxxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a coupon code for Remag? I noticed it in the check out process. It may not be valid right now anyway since it seems it is on sale for $29.99

Thanks, Roxy

Posts: 31 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'll be able to read through all of these.

Does anyone mention magnesium oxide? I get a huge headache from this stuff. Does anyone else get a headache?

Which is considered the best one? Sorry if you already posted that.

[ 08-05-2013, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mag oxide is not well absorbed.

-

Roxy.. I WISH I had a coupon code for ReMag! I just ordered my second bottle. The first one lasted 3 months!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://www.realfarmacy.com/magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-and-diagnosis/#HL6eLKyCSxfmHaum.01

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh Tutu, the price on that little bottle? How long does that bottle last you. Just looked up and seen your 3 mths post. That's affordable.

I was taking MagTab timed released from Roche $$$ for several months. Didn't notice a difference. Starting looking for sub and decided to try Swanson brand Mag TSR. Very affordable at 200mg twice a day. Didn't lose anything from dropping Roche brand.

It is just so hard to decide where to spend your money? But having relaxed muscles? OMG, it's been 15 years since my muscle were relaxed.

I only have relaxed feeling every 2 weeks when I have body work done. Even then it only last for maybe a day and bam the bad guys take charge again.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think it was $38 with shipping?? It's liquid. It gets directly into the cells. The first bottle lasted me 3 months. The second one may only last 2+ months.

So at the very MOST, it would cost less than $20 a month. It seems that once you get going, your body wants MORE. I think it will level off in a few more months though from what I hear on the Facebook Magnesium Advocacy Group.

Great info there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liquid sounds good. Some days, I look at my pile of supps & vits otherwise known as horse pills and say no thank you. I might choke( or croak) on them. [shake]

I already have the largest pill organizer by day/time of day I could find.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

New interview!!!!

Dr. Carolyn Dean:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/12/08/magnesium-health-benefits.aspx

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu, there's a lot of stuff in the ingredients in re-mag, other than magnesium.

It can be used in kids, but that list is disconcerting.

What do you think?

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was told it is simply ALL of the ingredients in the salt it comes from. They have to (by law) list what is in the salt.

All salt contains those ingredients.

Let me ask on the other forum about kids. I'm not sure. I would say it's fine, but I don't know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks tutu.

Also, if someone is deficient, can they make it up and then stop?

I would not want him to have to take this forever.

What would be the endpoint? Symptom improvement, maybe?

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

I just came back from our local organic grocery.

They are ordering me Soloray Magnesium Glycinate.

It says 4 capsules daily.

Is this a good product, brand and type?

I am hoping it will help constipation as well as jerks and flutters of my son's extremeties. The only thing is, I think it's nerve damage more so then muscle issues, a permanent side effect.

Not sure if it will help or not.

I would give him one pill a day, and work up to two....no more, as four is an adult dose.

I guess I would keep him on it for a month and see if there was any improvement? It's not something I want him to take forever.

Any wise thoughts?

Thanks,

2roads

2roads
Member # 4409

ps- would it be taxing at all to his liver or kidneys?

thanks

Lymetoo
Member # 743

A quality mag product should not tax the liver or kidneys unless either one is already compromised. Mag oxide is the one that is hard on the kidneys.

Solaray is highly respected and glycinate is very good!

It may take several months for his body to begin to respond to the mag if he is deficient. I'll be back later with the link for testing. Maybe you would want to get his levels checked.

Do not ask your Dr to check the mag.. that test is not a good one.

There is an "RBC test" which only costs $50 and is the best test.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

2roads
Member # 4409

thanks so much tutu

[group hug]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The best testing:

http://requestatest.com/magnesium-rbc-testing

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Referencing Dr Carolyn Dean (see above)... This was posted by someone on Facebook:

"Thank you Dr. Carolyn Dean and ReMAG! My husband has hypomagnesemia. He has had a picc line for over 7 years and required 4 grams of IV magnesium 3 times per week up until September of this year. We have been everywhere including the Mayo Clinic and told that there was nothing that they could do. The next step was to be a port.

In the past 2 years he has had 3 life threatening events as a direct result of the picc line (blood infection and on 2 different occasions blood clots). In September the picc line came out for good as a result of another blood clot. We took a giant leap of faith against all of his doctors advice and he started on ReMag under the guidance of Dr. Dean.

The results were immediate, his magnesium levels are testing higher on ReMag than they did on weekly infusions. We are forever grateful to Dr. Carolyn Dean and her commitment to helping others.

My husband now has a quality of life he was told was not possible! And thank you to this facebook page for the ability to read and share as we all learn more about the benefits of magnesium!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mg is normally attached to our ATP (energy carrier) as Mg-ATP2.

Unfortunately the cells that are infected are making too little ATP (which is the goal...restore ATP levels).

The cells are functioning via glycolysis...making 2 ATP in the cytoplasm rather than an additional 36 ATP in the powerhouses (mitochondria) because lyme disease triggers mitochondrial dysfunction.

And get this...

Get this (2013 cancer research):

Preferential *transfer of mitochondria* from endothelial to cancer cells through tunneling nanotubes modulates chemoresistance.

http://www.translational-medicine.com/content/11/1/94

BTW...metformin (Rx for diabetes) or berberine can be used as an adjunct for chemo. with significant outcome advantage.

Mg is an anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory...

The anti-inflammatory component is REALLY important. Must get the inflammation down (big-time) AND hit Bb.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you here Marnie!! She is so right about magnesium!!! Fix your mag levels and everything else follows.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is going to add to a lot of confusion:

...ions (Mg2+) are required Magnesium for

activated GSK-3

to phosphorylate substrates required in a diverse array of biological functions.

By competing with Mg2+,
lithium ions block the function of activated GSK-3.

As a consequence of these inhibitory effects, GSK-3 can no longer regulate many important biological processes.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EK0xsOTh3McJ:http://www.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/mill-hill-essays/lithium-manic-depression-and-beyond EXCELLENT, very…link!

It appears inhibiting GSK3 is important in MANY diseases.

Berberine inhibits GSK3B...the beta form of GSK3...which would impact cellular signals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21705841

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSK3B

Go to the above link and make the picture of the pathway bigger. On the upper right…find Wnt and follow it to GSK3B…

Wnt inactivates glycogen synthetase kinase3, allowing -catenin to accumulate in both cytoplasm and nucleus.

Within the nucleus, -catenin activates the TCF/LEF transcription factors, which in turn act on genes including c-Myc, tcf-1 and cyclin D1

http://e-immunohistochemistry.info/web/beta-catenin.htm

So...bottom line, it looks like the cell's signals would be altered someway.

Mg is needed IF GSK3 is ACTIVATED.

For SURE we must get inflammation down BIG TIME AND hit Bb simultaneously.

I'm trying... been studying the p8 (tick saliva protein - a stress protein) in depth...slowly linking impact.

For example:

Here, we show that the p8 polypeptide is a phosphoprotein

subject to constitutive degradation
by the ubiquitin/proteasome system.

This degradation is mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase B/Akt.

By contrast, stabilization of the p8 protein

requires
glycogen synthase kinase-3.

Finally, short interfering RNA-mediated RNA interference experiments indicated that ET-1-stimulated mesangial cell hypertrophy and
p8 mRNA induction require the NFAT4 transcription factor.

Thus, p8 levels in the cell are likely maintained by a balance between signal-dependent transcriptional induction and proteolysis.

http://www.jbc.org/content/279/20/20950.full

BTW..p8 and B-catenin overexpression is associated with many cancers.

It would appear influencing the infected cells' transcription might be key.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymeinhell:
Fix your mag levels and everything else follows.

-
That is why ReMag has been so important to me. No other Mag supplement has helped me before like this one. Was still suffering even after years of taking mag glycinate and others.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Marnie
Member # 773

You CAN (sort of) bypass the digestive system and apply topical Ionic MgCl.

Liquimins makes it. Small blue glass bottle. One eye-dropper full (applied anywhere on skin) = 200mg. We DO absorb things thru our skin.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Trace-Minerals-Research-Liquimins-Magnesium/dp/B001G7QNUW

B6 works well with Mg...the active form of B6 is called PLP/P5P. Some people can't PROCESS enough of B6 to its active form (my son - genetically = glutamate triggered pyridoxine dependent seizures). PLP/P5P FOR HIM (50mg daily) is working (no seizures/"near misses". Rx's caused many harmful side effects...fatty liver, etc.

B6 is needed to convert glutamate (accelerator - toxic at high levels) to GABA (brake) = the brain "workhorses".

Thought you should know the Mg+B6 connection...synergy...and this combo. is recommended for kids with ADHD and autism too on several legit. websites.

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I've been on this magnesium product for about 5 wks. It is astounding!! I've taken mag supplements for more than 10 yrs but have never had the results I desired.

www.rnareset.com

I hope to NEVER be without it!

How many drops a day do you take and how do you take it, in water?

[ 11-08-2014, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, in water. Begin slowly. I took 7 drops the first few days. Then slowly up from there. Instructions are on the bottle.

If you buy it, contact me and I'll tell you more.

I've been on it for 6 months now and still seeing improvements. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Magnesium is very helpful to lessen seizure activity. That's in some of the articles here.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119810;p=0

Topic: Best way to control limbic seizures / overactivity?
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Excellent info here!

http://www.metabolics.com/blog/the-definitive-guide-to-magnesium-and-magnesium-supplements/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Important video on magnesium by Dr Carolyn Dean (via Dr Mercola) --

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/12/08/magnesium-health-benefits.aspx

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

ANXIETY and magnesium:

http://ancestral-nutrition.com/got-anxiety-you-may-be-deficient-in-this-one-mineral/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How magnesium affects MTHFR:

http://gotmag.org/mg-deficiency-affects-mthfr-really/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

woodstock
Member # 43072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 250-500 mg at night before I go to bed. Usually puts me to sleep in less than an hour.

The ones I have are Mag Oxide. No bueno?

Posts: 89 | From Mid-Atlantic State | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

No... it's not well absorbed. You must be getting SOME of it... I've heard percentages. It's low.

Take mag citrate or glycinate for better results.

The oxide is used by many who need the laxative effect.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

woodstock
Member # 43072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 250-500 mg an hour before bed. Knocks me right out.

Is the Mag oxide no bueno?

Posts: 89 | From Mid-Atlantic State | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mag oxide will just keep your bowels moving .. doesn't absorb well.

-

Magnesium stops heart disease:

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-News/magnesium-stops-heart-disease/2014/05/21/id/572542/?ns_mail_uid=68698408&ns_mail_job=1570193_05222014&promo_code=3ikjkv6v

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Why Cipro and other fluroquinolones can cause so much damage:

http://archive.aweber.com/drcarolyndean/Gvm6f/h/Magnesium_Deficiency_Can.htm

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Was just reminded of Kirkman. Excellent company. See their magnesium glycinate powder:

www.kirkmanlabs.com/

KIRKMAN
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Magnesium and congestive heart failure:

http://www.naturalnews.com/047071_magnesium_congestive_heart_failure_attack.html?utm_content=buffer2d81e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Excellent info on inflammation and magnesium!

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/inflammation-and-systemic-stress

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
angstrom magnesium

In hopes that anyone reading this will have all the options in this collection, wanted to add that

Judie just posted elsewhere that she's been:

" . . . taking angstrom magnesium now. It's the only kind that doesn't upset my stomach. All the others I couldn't tolerate. . . . " (end quote)

http://www.angstrom-mineral.com/angstrom-minerals/angstrom-magnesium.html

Angstrom Minerals
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Good State makes a good ionic magnesium, concentrated drops.

http://www.goodstate.com/

Link too long to post, so look up their single Ionic Minerals and for the magnesium concentrate in the dropper bottle.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wake up and Smell the Magnesium!

http://m.wsj.com/articles/lets-give-magnesium-some-love-1414778626?mobile=y

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Someone just posted this on the MAG group on FB...

--

Magnesium has saved my life! Last week I was literally at the brink of death. Years of magnesium defiency lead me to nighttime teeth grinding, chronic back and neck pain, fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue, cardiovascular issues, circulation issues, and many more problems I'm still discovering!!

I had no idea until recently that low magnesium could be the root of this! I'm only 40 y/o, I always taken multivitamins and other vitamins too, I work out, I eat healthy! But my problems just became my "normal", I never complained.

I pushed myself through life in chronic pain, fatigue and sleepless nights because that's just what I do! I never knew the importance of magnesium until 4 days ago.

IT SERIOUSLY CHANGED MY LIFE! I was very much walking around on the brink of death last week, I was too tired to even try to figure out why - so drained of life I just wanted to die. That is the point that 5 or more years of extreme magnesium definincy had brought me to. I had all kind of doctors and blood tests.

No one ever mentioned the importance of magnesium. I'm dancing for joy and so grateful I accidentally stumbled into this answer my mistake in a Google search.

Saved my life! I'm very excited to hear other people's stories. I can't believe that doctors do not ask every patient if they are taking magnesium.

Magnesium deficiency is a PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS. Why is this not on the news? Why isn't EVERYONE talking about it? I'm so grateful to be alive!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Magnesium and the immune system!

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v57/n10/full/1601689a.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great mag info .. and its co-factors.

http://my-magnesium.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
It's so nice to see that the collection of articles expands. Thanks to all those who continue to share their personal research.

Stumbled upon this as I was looking to an answer about a certain form of magnesium. Sometimes, it really pays to go beyond that first page of Google "hits" when a question is asked. Good stuff often comes up after all the commercial links.

[Although, there may be a product connection to the link below, it was not overpowering and their footnotes / research citations were listed and varied - always nice to see.]

Much of the detail is in some of the previously posted articles, still, this has a rather nice lay out, it's easy to read and there are many questions answers and various links so that the reader can explore further.

http://www.ancient-minerals.com/magnesium-benefits/what-is-function/

What is Magnesium? How it Functions in the Body.
-

gentle10plus
Member # 45661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle10plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my partner was going through Chemo and radiation therapy for breast cancer we tried magnesium oils topically and found that it irritated the already fragile skin.. We found a coconut oil based product that both applied dermal magnesium and soothed/healed the fragile skin.. It also happens to be at a lower cost than competitive products... see

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151318693871?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Posts: 7 | From Chicago Metro Area | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You can also put it on the bottoms of your feet.

-
8 Warning Signs of Mag Deficiency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pI3nT-_kW8&spfreload=1

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GREAT info!

http://my-magnesium.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda begs the question why Mag. is not included on a blood chemistry panel.

Looks like everything else is on the test that is associated with Mag. - just not Mag.

Granted a Chem. Panel is serum - but still....

I had my Mag. levels tested two weeks ago - serum and RBC.

Serum low end of normal.
RBC Mag. showed normal - middle of range.

But..reading Dr Dean's info - my RBC Mag should be considered low at 5.2 (range 4.2-6.8) She says should be at least 6. Wow.

Question about Chemotherapy and Mag:

A dear friend just started treatment at M.D. Anderson.
I mentioned getting the Mag. levels tested and try to get IV Mag.
The family thinks Mag. has been tested - but I have my doubts. Do Oncologists usually order Mag. tests?

[ 06-13-2015, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: susank ]

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
ukcarry recommends this brand in a recent thread, having posted:

". . . The Jigsaw magnesium with its sustained release does seem to be more effective in terms of averting foot cramps than when I rely solely on magnesium chloride and glycinate. . . . [end ukcarry post]

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/supplements/magnesium/

Jigsaw MAGNESIUM w/SRT (sustained released)

main website

http://www.amazon.com/Jigsaw-Magnesium-SRT-Supplement-Bioavailable/dp/B00O2T209E

over 275 customer reviews here at Amazon - average 4.5 stars - and 10 answered questions

. . . Recommended by doctors such as neurosurgeon, Dr. Russell Blaylock.* . . .
includes cofactors

Sold by Jigsaw Health, LLC and Fulfilled by Amazon.

[So that you know this is not from some fly-by-night 3rd party or a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, note who supplies any suppliement / item purchased at Amazon. You can trace and research further detail from the actual source.

And if it says "fulfilled" by either the main party or Amazon, that's good. When fulfilled by Amazon, that means it's already there, ready to ship.

If from mystery vendor or fulfilled by mystery name, that does not hold my trust.]
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

10 Signs of Magnesium Deficiency:

http://www.homeremy.com/10-signs-you-could-have-a-magnesium-deficiency/10/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GREAT article:

http://theheartysoul.com/powerful-relaxation-mineral/?t=HHL

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

22 Dangers of Magnesium Deficiency:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/01/19/magnesium-deficiency.aspx?x_cid=20151104_ranart_magnesium-deficiency_facebookdoc

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Magnesium glycinate .. side effects:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/470391-the-side-effects-of-magnesium-glycinate/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/magnesium-deficiency-in-autoimmune-disease/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Carol in PA just posted this in a different thread:

I've come to the conclusion that pancreatic cancer is related to Lyme Disease, and low magnesium may be why.

People with Lyme symptoms have low magnesium, and supplementing it can help your health in many ways.

http://www.newser.com/story/217784/magnesium-could-help-prevent-deadly-pancreatic-cancer.html

Magnesium Could Help Prevent Deadly Pancreatic Cancer

More links within the article.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How to make magnesium water:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsxcZIXDxc .

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GREAT ARTICLE!!!!

https://liveto110.com/top-5-forms-magnesium/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement