LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Foxy- My ears too took a bit to get used to the compressing and decompressing(I've had chronis sinus issues most of my life). I use Astelin and Nasocort (1 spray each nosrtril 1x per day). I also take Singulair daily and like kgg- Sudafed on occasion. I think it is something you have to have patience with. Digby had great suggestions too. Godspeed!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much you guys! I will pass along this info and hopefully something will help! [Smile]
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crossing fingers... The will is a POWERFUL thing... GODSPEED!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. Wanted to give an update as I passed my 1 year mark of daily dives and have completed over 400.

Successes: more energy over the course of the year, brain fog decreased, less pain in spine and hips (more diet related than mhbot I think), less anxiety, fewer anaphylaxis episodes, cd57 up to 90 from 70, c4a down to 12000 from 20000

Challenges: intermittent episodes of chills, muscle spasms, racing thoughts/depression, low energy, spine stiffness, difficulty with eye tracking, nightmares (3 days a month), low VEGF, high HHV6, high mycoplasma pneumonia, anemia (low serum iron, ferritin, and hemoglobin saturation- now taking b vitamins and iron)

I am starting to realize that although I thought my diet met my needs, it did not, and am trying to figure out how to nutritionally meet my needs best. I am looking into both mold treatment and Andy Cutler chelation after my nutritional status has improved as I continue to have difficulty maintaining mineral balance in my body.

Overall it has been a great year. A recent flare had me feeling really setback. Our emotions can be fragile; this is a rough ride. It takes courage to hope and keep pushing forward.

I wish you all health, and am thankful for our shared journey.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nasacort is a steroid. It can weaken your immune system and cause you to catch illnesses from others.

There is a warning about that that comes with the Nasacort.

I experienced it myself after I had been rid of lyme for a number of years.

The doc had me spraying with it daily. After 3 months, I noticed that I was catching every illness that came down the pike.

I stopped the Nasacort and started weightlifting again (to boost my immune system) and all the various illnesses ended.

I had no idea I was spraying a steroid into my nose daily!

Here is an example of a warning that comes with Nasacort:

"Immunosuppression

Persons who are using drugs that suppress the immune system are more susceptible to infections than healthy individuals. Chickenpox and measles, for example, can have a more serious or even fatal course in susceptible children or adults using corticosteroids. In children or adults who have not had these diseases or have not been properly immunized, particular care should be taken to avoid exposure. How the dose, route, and duration of corticosteroid administration affect the risk of developing a disseminated infection is not known. The contribution of the underlying disease and/or prior corticosteroid treatment to the risk is also not known. If exposed to chickenpox, prophylaxis with varicella zoster immune globulin (VZIG) may be indicated. If exposed to measles, prophylaxis with pooled intramuscular immunoglobulin (IG) may be indicated. (See the respective package inserts for complete VZIG and IG prescribing information.) If chickenpox develops, treatment with antiviral agents may be considered.

Corticosteroids should be used with caution, if at all, in patients with active or quiescent tuberculosis infections of the respiratory tract; untreated local or systemic fungal or bacterial infections; systemic viral or parasitic infections, or ocular herpes simplex because of the potential for worsening of these infections."

https://www.drugs.com/pro/nasacort-aq.html

"Corticosteroids may weaken the body's ability to fight infections. This may make you more likely to get a serious (rarely fatal) infection or make any infection you have worse. This effect might also rarely occur with corticosteroids inhaled through the nose (such as triamcinolone). The risk may be increased if high doses are used, especially when used for a long time."

http://www.rxlist.com/nasacort-aq-side-effects-drug-center.htm

This may not happen to everyone, but it certainly happened to me.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for checking in Jolley. Congratulations on completing a year of mHBO. Loved reading your list of improvements.

We are in the process of treating mold in my young adult son. I think between metal chelation and mold treatment, I would address the mold first. Then see where your health is at. Unfortunately addressing mold is not a fast process either.

You are correct TF. Nasacort is a steroid. Best avoided if possible. But if a steroid is needed for sinuses, I would rather do a nasal inhaler than an oral one. Only temporarily though.

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxy Loxy

A while back I was starting to have great difficulty with my ears especially when I dove. In despiration I removied dairy completely from my diet (something I probably should have done long ago). It has made all the difference. My ears are clear now I no longer have to pinch my nose and blow. Instead I just swallow.

Also for the first time in many many years I no longer need to blow my nose every 15 minutes.

Monti

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monti,

I had that same experience with soy. Very difficult to clear my ears then magically it was gone when I quit drinking any soy milk.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Thanks KGG. Hope your son has improvement too. I treated mold a while back, but we're wondering if we need to treat again. It is not a fast process either way. I think that is what makes this journey so challenging.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question about the oxygen mask. My mask came with a bag attatched to it. If I take the bag off, there is just a hole that I'm assuming the oxygen will go out of.

Is there a plug of some sort? Do I use the bag.

I do have the new life intensity 10.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KGG, talked to Marie at Newtowne and mentioned the zipper issue. She wants to get in touch with you as she indicated she has many tricks to assist you in the closing. You may have already talked to her but just letting you know.
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good idea Monti!

And thanks for the info TF. [Smile] I don't think she will want to be on steroids... She is pretty naturalistic kind of person.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Jcarlnew! To call her is on my to-do list but have yet to do it. It is nice to hear she may have some pointers. Will try to call tomorrow.

HW88, that is the other thing I want to talk to Newtowne about. That is a non-rebreather mask. Phioph does not recommend using them. I wanted to ask why they prefer them. But no, there is no plug for it.

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi TF: I consider you my angel. Yes, the last cold and trip to the allergist, I succumbed to 1 spray in each nostril; however, I think I'm gonna give it up now. Thanks for the clear reminder and your contribution to us all!

And, Monti- and all, I solved constant sinus infections when I gave up dairy. There is data out there that says the protein is too big for humans to digest causing mucus. Yuck! Though I do miss the good Ole days with Honey bunches of os and milk- what a dream that was!

Yay, Jolley! One year down... Remember Phoiph said her second year she was still making real gains. Sounds like you are approaching things methodically and you are sure to come to a good end.

Hw88- Phoiph advises a nonrebreather mask- simple Hudson mask- it doesn't have a bag.

Keep up the great work team!

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still am very fond of my OxyMask.
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those experienced divers, how many of you combine mHBOT with other supplements and treatments, and what have your observations been in this regard? Do you fare better with HBOT alone, or combined with other therapies?
Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm. both the masks I was given have the nonbreather. If I take it off, it's just a hole. I guess I need to purchase a different one, unless there is some sort of plug for it.
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

oh, I just read kgg's post. NO PLUG for it. I guess I will be purchasing a different one.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

jcarlnew, do you find oxygen escapes through the holes in the oxymask? Do you get as much oxygen?
kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, Phioph has posted the stats on it. Or was it on the FB group? Can't remember well. But the Oxymask is as efficient as the other. I wish I could get used to the smell. It is a medical PVC that they use now. But I just looked it up and they have some that are non-PVC. So I might buy one of those to see if it smells the same. It is certainly less hot to use.

Bryan, I have yet to use an antimicrobial with mHBO. My naturopath has sold me two Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for Babesia and Bartonella. But I have not used either. Mainly because I wanted to know what was doing what.

I do use some supplements. Not as many as before but I still take some. I take them later in the day as I dive in the morning. And I want to space them away from the dive.

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

kgg, can you post the website where you discovered that Oxymask has non-PVC masks.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

PLEASE post where we can get a non PVC hudson mask. That would be amazing. I have the ceramic mask I can use but it is bulky. I am currently using a hudson mask that had aired out and not used by the prior owner.

Bryan, I am using the Rife with mhbot as well as Zhang supplements (coptis, HH2 and Circulation) as well as Cryptoplus. I guess I am doing it all.

I do use my rife too when I scan via zyto and it shows parasites or something that I know I should hit.

At some point, I hope to be just mhbot, I just haven't gotten enough ground taken back to do that.

I hope you are doing well!

Thanks, All!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Is this the NON PVC, praise Goodness!

https://www.theoxygenstore.com/masks-cannulae-headsets-venturi-valves/adult-non-pvc-eco-mask-6mm-inlet-1136-p394.html

Thanks, Team!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, Yes, you have a non-rebreather mask. That's the one I use and I prefer it over the simple Hudson mask as you get more oxygen.

If you decide to use it, leave the bag in place and make sure at least one of the vents is open, without any washers on it. That is what allows fresh air into the mask so that if you breath heavily and use up the available gases in the mask and bag, there is fresh air available.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Bryan,
I had unsuccessfully used antibiotics and herbals but quit both then started mHbot. I am just starting to add in some supplements (e.g. Iron.)

In general I feel mHbot alone has given great progress, but there are nutritional aspects it won't correct and possibly other things as well.

I don't do many therapies at once, partially because I am so reactive to supplements and foods; for my own peace of mind I need to know which treatment is doing what.

Jolley
Member # 46454

Willbeatthis, hope you get your mask soon. Glad you are here.
kgg
Member # 5867

This is where I saw the non pvc mask. I have yet to see where it can be bought.

http://thebetteroxygenmask.com/oxymask/

kgg
Member # 5867

I have emailed the company. I checked on their "where to buy" page. But so far I have yet to see a company that sells the non-PVC mask. I will let you all know what they have to say.
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

I had extensive conversations with their rep and I don't think they plan on changing the materials but were very cooperative. I bought my Oxymask here but they are not non-pvc.

https://www.medlifeequipment.com/search.php?search_query=Oxymask

They are also available on Amazon but are more expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Oxymask

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks everyone.

I'm still on an every other day basis, no oxygen, but I feel it hitting BART. My extreme insomnia is back (uggh) and the anxiety is heightened. I'm doing my best to detox and take it at a pace I can.

Glad it's doing something, but man, the down before the good is tough.

Thank you again for all the help getting started.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hang in there HW88! I think you are smart taking your time. Yes the down time is tough but just remember the way we get through this illness is truly through it. Wishing you better days here soon!

Thanks Jolley and KGG!

Bryan, how is your leg?

Thanks Digby as always and Phoiph too!

kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, I find I have to dive early in the day or I have difficulty falling asleep. What time of day are you diving? I'm sorry the Bartonella is rearing its ugly head. I hope it calms down for you quickly.

Jcarlnew, thanks for making that phone call to the company. That's a bummer about the non-PVC masks. When I had a procedure done lately, they put a nasal cannula on me. That same smell was there. Wish I wasn't so sensitive.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

hmm. kgg, that is interesting. I usually dive early afternoon. Maybe I will try mornings. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't sleep well on my "OFF" day either though. hmmm.

I'm just hoping that the first thing 'fixed' is my sleep. uggh. I think it might be my hardest symptom to deal with. ... Sooo, it will probably be the last symptom to go.. HAHA.

I haven't been sensitive to plastics, etc. so hopefully the mask I just ordered will be a good one (once I actually get to the point of adding oxygen.)

Willbeatthis, thanks for the encouragement.... It was needed.

Hugs and goodnight to all my fellow divers. Again, thank you for the help with the learning curve!

kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, more thoughts on sleep. I also added a supplement called l theanine 200mg. It has a calming effect. But I also found for months that I slept less hours, but was tolerating the lack of sleep better than prior to diving. So I ended up just going the flow.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neurologist/HBOT friend explained it to me this way:

Sleep architecture is very complicated, and many factors need to be in synch (e.g., hormones, digestion, neurotransmitters, brain waves etc.).

For this reason, it may not be one of the first things to improve (although with some it does).

For me, it was one of the last things to improve, but like kgg, I tolerated the lack of sleep much better throughout the process. Gradually, I began to sleep more deeply and for more hours at a time, and eventually, a normal sleep pattern returned.

Also remember that mHBOT increases metabolism, etc., which may be stimulating for some(especially at first), so the suggestion to try diving earlier in the day is a good one.

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you kgg and phoiph. I'll look into l theanine. And phoiph, thank you for your explanation on sleep. It makes sense that all those things need lined up. It will come.....

I dove early this morning, so we will see if mornings work better. I bet it will at least help.

I have definitely had more energy since starting mhbot, so maybe it is more of a stimulant for me.

kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, I had more energy too. It was kind of weird. Because my brain felt more awake but my body was fatigued. I would be able to do something, like the dishes and have to sit down. But then 10 minutes later I was up doing something else. Then I would have to sit down. And so my day would go. I really knew I was making progress when I was up doing the supper dishes at 6PM. That was normally my got-to-go-lie-down-before-I-fall-down time. Who knew being happy about being able to do wash dishes was something that would happen?
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Oh kgg, I feel like that could be MY post. [Smile] Here's to more energy and health!!!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Glad you are getting some energy Kgg! [woohoo]

That's a Woohoo moment!

Hw88 hope all is continuing to go well. [Smile]

So I've got a question...
I'm trying to figure out the best time to dive. I dove last night after walking about 4 miles(no other time to work out right now than at night) and I definitely herxed more after but I was in bed so it wasn't so bad. I feel like I tend to want to sleep when I dive and or read so I thought it might be a good pre bed activity-to wind down. I also get the fatigue you are talking about Kgg and Hw88. Thus, it's led me to thinking that using that to my advantage sleep wise. I really need to do more sleep inducing things at night it seems. If not, I have a tendency to be a night owl. It really comes down to me working full time, seeing clients at night and having to fit my treatment and dives in as well as get to the grocery, cook, detox and the like. I'm not complaining, just looking for suggestions!

I'm up to 90 min plus compress and decompress and I'd love any suggestions for best time of day to dive. Does anyone dive at night? Thanks all!

[group hug]

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

KGG, will you let's us know when you call Marie at Newtowne and discuss your zipper issue and her suggestions.

Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

Jcarlnew, thank you for the prodding to call Marie at Newtowne. This time of year when the sun finally shines, I am usually out gardening/weeding. And the days get away from me. I just called Marie. She suggested using the end of a paint stirrer stick. Which was a better idea than my husband's dowel idea. And I believe I have an unused one in my paint supplies. So I will be trying it tomorrow.

Willbeatthis, since you tried it in the evening last night, did it interrupt your sleep? Or your ability to fall asleep? That is what happens to me. It wakes my brain up and I cannot initiate sleep. (Which is different than my typical insomnia of waking at 3 and not being able to get back to sleep).

As far as exercising and diving back to back. I mentioned to Phioph in an email once that my son was working out and then getting into the chamber. She recommended to put some time between the two activities. I am going to copy and paste so I quote her accurately:

"This is not a hill I would choose to die on, but if there is any room for suggestion, I would say it would be best if he alternates his exercise with the chamber. In other words, space it apart from each other (by alternate days if possible), not do a session right after exercising. In theory, there is an oxygen demand and free radicals created by exercise...and if the chamber is done right after, it may be that the effect goes toward that demand (which is fine, but we want it to go to supplemental healing). mHBOT is also a little like exercise in the way that it increases metabolism...so better to space it apart from other exercise. Same with taking antioxidants."

I don't know if that information helps you decide easier when to dive or more difficult. I am not a night owl. Just the opposite. I am a morning person. So I would say, as long as you could fall asleep after diving, it might be that night time is the time for you to dive.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

willbeatthis, I did mhbot for a good year before bedtime. I too felt it was relaxing and a good way to fit it into my day. I even worked it up to two hours before bedtime and I slept fine!

Wishing you success!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Kgg and Foxy lady! Thank you so much for the expert feedback. I really appreciate it.

I am a little pressed for time in my schedule these days so I may have to just accept that I fit diving in when I can whether it be at night, sometime after exercise or during the day when time permits prior to exercise.

I have become very hungry after doing mhbot and it is harder for some reason (not really surprising) to lose a little weight so I am trying to exercise once a day or close to it - mostly gentle stuff- walking and/or elliptical but I have to do that only briefly as I overused the elliptical prior to mhbot and have some knee damage that seems to be getting better. I am part of a weight loss group and goodness, lets hope I can reach my goal.

My nails are growing like crazy and I have never had them be this strong (they used to always break no matter what). The only thing I can think of is the mhbot. I am not doing anything differently other than eating a little more because I'm pretty hungry. I know that seems like a small thing my nails but it is really something to see. I cannot trim them quick enough and they are hard as ever. To me, this means mhbot is doing some great things for me.

Thanks KGG on the feedback from Phoiph and yes, I do try to space them even by an hour or so (or longer if can) and I tend to now have a real go with the flow and I just have to get the mhbot in right now. I am not always this busy.

Foxy, how is your friend doing with her ears and diving? I hope you are continuing to improve.

KGG, the paint stick idea sounds like a good one. I am crossing my fingers you can get this solved.

So far so good, I am still at the 90 minute mark. I am into my 4th month-- more recently the 90 minutes. The foot pain seems to have gone for the most part but my knees are still reactive and herxing which is good. I need to get the lyme out of there.

Weirdly I have been having ice pick like quick pain in my head every now and a again and pain in my teeth. I am so pleased with mhbot.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support... it means the world.

Keeping on Keeping on.... HUGS EVERYONE and thanks for being there for me! [Smile]

kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, ice pick headaches says Bartonella to me. I too have had to cut my nails more frequently lately. But they are not much stronger at this point. If that is going to happen, I would be a happy girl. I am not one to paint my nails. I am not foo foo. But to have them split or break is a pain.

You do not mess around! Fourth month of diving and on to 90 minutes! You go girl!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, daily 90 minute sessions (as opposed to 60) still concerns me:

More is Better: The Recurrent Illusion of Higher Pressure HBOT in Chronic Brain Injury, by Dr. Paul Harch: www.wisconsinhyperbarics.com/research-pdf/more-is-better.pdf

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, KGG! Glad to hear your nails are growing too. I am not a painter either as I am in too much water for that... dishes etc.

Foo foo! Ha! Sound like you are not much of a purse dog kind of person either [Wink] the poor dogs!

Thank you for this post, Phoiph. Seems I should back down and see where I am at. I can always go back up. Thanks for always being there...

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Quick question, does anyone know how the doc, LymeMd's patients have done. I think he has recommended longer times.

I am just curious as honestly, the longer times have seemed to help with some unrelenting knee progression and foot pain of late. It was like when I was getting ready to get out is when I could really feel it beginning to work in those areas. Anyone else have this same experience.

I sure don't want to do something that is toxic to me. Thanks again Phoiph.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Different people have different tolerances, and the same person can have different tolerances at different times.

There is a balance that must be struck between beneficial oxidative production/therapy, and the body's ability to produce natural antioxidants. The tipping point toward oxidative stress is likely not the same for everyone, but if someone is very ill, the tipping point could be at a lower threshold.

So, although 90 minutes may be working for certain individuals, my concern is that 90 minutes could become misinterpreted as an across the board "standard" protocol (especially those new to the thread), and as the article mentions, this could be detrimental to some.

kgg
Member # 5867

One of his (LymeMD) posts on FB. But not very often. I think she is on here too, but I don't remember her user name. Hopefully, she will see your question and answer.

Thanks Phioph for the explanation.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 14 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a patient of LymeMD... He told me that he sees better results in his patients at longer times. He told me to do the two hours.

Quite honestly, I am not sure a saw much of a difference. But then again, hyperbaric hasn't done much for me that I can directly tell.

I am sure Phoiph is correct in the fact that what may be ones "sweet time" may be different and that if you are seeing improvement at two hours it may be what you need.

I seem to be continuing to improve since stopping the hyperbaric!!!!!!!!!?????? I am scared to even say that because... well.. you all know how it is!

I have become "seizure" free at night, and don't get the strange sensations of "oh no, am I gonna pull through this!" odd head sensations?"

My Dr. keeps thinking that maybe I could go back on hyperbaric if I can get the babesia symptoms under control.

Truth be told, I am a little scared of it now.

Sometimes, I wonder if the oxygen is just too stimulating for me? I know too much oxygen can bring on seizures.... Phoiph if you have a comment on this I am all ears!

Willbeatthis, I love to read your posts! You seem like such a nice, positive person! [Smile]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi foxyloxy~

I am so glad to hear you are improving!

Yes, IMO, 2 hours daily was likely way too high of a dose, especially with all of your head/neuro symptoms. I'm not surprised you've improved with a break, and I can understand why you'd be apprehensive about starting again! That is exactly why I am concerned about people doing such long daily sessions. I am well, and I would never do 2 hours daily.

The article on this subject (posted above) was written by Dr. Paul Harch, who has been researching and treating with mHBOT for decades. He talks about oxygen as a drug, and the implications of the cumulative effects of over doing it, especially with neurological conditions.

I also realize you did not feel you made significant progress when doing mHBOT less than 2 hours daily. If I recall correctly, you were doing a variety of other protocols simultaneously, so, in all fairness, it is really difficult to know what, if anything, could have been interfering or impeding progress with mHBOT.

My impression is that many of Dr. J's patients are also doing other intensive therapies in combination with mHBOT...so again, it is difficult to know what is actually helping them when so many factors are involved.

The difference is, I see mHBOT as a main therapy that works best with minimal interference...but maximum focus on scrupulous diet and gentle movement/exercise. This is how I used it, and how I've personally seen the best results in others. If someone is already on antibiotics or other therapies, it seems they start to see more progress once they become more stable from mHBOT and able to simplify their protocols.

Others may see mHBOT as an ancillary, supportive therapy to their main treatment (e.g., antibiotics, etc.) only. IMO, this is a completely different way of using mHBOT, so results (and interpretation) may vary greatly between the two philosophies.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks Phoiph! [Smile]

Boy, I wish and hope there will be a day when all I have to do is dive to keep symptoms away!

That would be WONDERFUL! I like diving and it would be such a simple fix...

I am not sure I am brave enough to quit all my meds and rely only on hyperbaric... yet...

My symptoms are very scary. I have lived through extremely frightening head sensations... and so I cling mightily onto whatever my Almighty Dr. says!!!!

He has been a lifeline in this whirlpool of madness! (God bless him hundredfold)

He thinks the mHBOT helps the medicine get to where it needs to go. I think that is why most of his patients are doing both abx and mHBOT.

He did tell me once that he though mHBOT powerful enough to keep lyme away. I thought that a powerful statement!

ahhhhh!! so hard to know what to do! But since I seem to be possibly improving (is that tentative enough?) I had better stick with this a while!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxyloxy~

I totally agree...I think you should do what you and your doctor think best...and I am very happy you are making progress.

I am not in any way trying to go against his advice or trying to influence you in any way...just offering another perspective for the sake of discussion.

Keep us posted on your progress!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thank you, Kgg, Foxy and Phoiph!
It truly is something how powerful mhbot is.

In the last couple of days I've had true bone pain right underneath my knee. Reminds me a bit of the foot pain but my guess is - if these bugs communicate- they are saying Whoa Nellie! Or for all you folks that watched Sanford and Sons- I'm Coming Elizabeth! And I'm saying Dynomite- like JJ from What's Happening!

All you can do is laugh! Bless! Hugs all!

kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, you certainly sound like you are hitting the critters. My right knee has been talking to me in the last few weeks. Thankfully, it is not stopping to me, just talking. ;-)
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Kgg! I am glad your knee is just talking- not stopping you! Were you able to get the painters stick to help you get zipped up? Seems like your doing great with your new chamber! Thanks for your encouragement always!

Hope everyone else is doing well too! Hw88 how are you doing?

Happy Saturday! Go Team O2! Hugs!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Kgg! I am glad your knee is just talking- not stopping you! Were you able to get the painters stick to help you get zipped up? Seems like your doing great with your new chamber! Thanks for your encouragement always!

Hope everyone else is doing well too! Hw88 how are you doing?

Happy Saturday! Go Team O2! Hugs!

kgg
Member # 5867

Yes, thank you for reminding me to post about the paint stick. (I will know I am totally healed when I actually have a mind to focus and short term memory). I have used the paint stick twice now. And both times it worked like a charm. I have my husband check just to make sure. One more time and he will be relieved of zipper duty. =)
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

willbeatthis, I'm doing pretty good. My sleep is starting to calm down a bit for now. (it's still really unpredictable, but it's not as bad as last week?) I'm working my time up. Taking it kind of slow, but getting there.

I do feel it is helping. Hoping to wean off other meds after I'm up to speed.

I am also Dr. J's patient. He is excited that I am doing mHBOT and really believes in it. He told me everyone has a different 'sweet spot' in regards to time.

Like Foxy, my head issues are the worst for me. Hoping they improve with mhbot.

So far I'm hopeful... It is definitely a 2 step forward, one back. I just have to remind myself that during the step back.

I do love reading this thread.

Thank you for asking about me! Hope everyone else is doing well this Saturday! [Smile]

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, HW88. I saw this post of yours and wanted to tell you how happy it makes me that you are doing pretty good!!!

Pretty good is great when you are treating lyme.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

TF...it really is. I have a wats still to go, but I look back a year and I'm functioning...as suppose to barely Making it minute by minute.

I thank God every night I found this support group and loving people to walk beside me.... you are a big part of that...

Moving forward feels good.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Hw88 and TF! Hw88 this is great to hear! Yes, TF is a true angel!

Thanks also for the info about finding your sweet spot with time. I really appreciate it! I'm thrilled Dr.J is excited for you to be doing this! He's given a lot to our community! Keep up the great progress [Smile]

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for everyone. I've had yeast athletes foot on some of my toes on my right foot for years. Itches like crazy.

Since starting mhbot, it has spread to the other foot! I know it is the mhbot, as this issue hasn't changed with other stuff in 10 years.

I wear socks in the chamber so it isn't something simple like my feet touching in the chamber. My feet have touched each other much more in bed, etc.

Then I started researching and found many people saying mhbot exacerbated their yeast issues. Most still felt the benefits outweighed this, but I still think this was an interesting thing to uncover during my research!

Can anyone comment if they've had yeast flare ups?

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I have not had a flare up. But I remember when I was reading a lot of Amy Yasko years ago that she said it would flare yeast. I asked Phioph about this when I first started, but I don't recall her answer. But I don't believe it was a concern.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Brian- An old poster here Oxygen Babe said it did. I would say that yes, I've had to be more diligent like no sugar whatsoever (even pumpkin puree in smoothies a no go right now).

Sorry to hear about your athletes foot. I imagine candida protocols may help. I like Candex and SF722 Thorne as well as capryllic acid and saccromyces bouladari. That's my regimen and no real carbs other than green veggies.

Kgg- when you say your knees talk can you describe? Thank you!!

Hang in there Bryan!

HW88 -hope all is well!!

kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, I feel pain in my right knee going down stairs. It is more apparent then than other times. It is not a new symptom, but more recently started up again. Unfortunately, we are in a two level house, so I am climbing stairs a lot.
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kgg are you eating a non inflammatory diet? I know when I start to slack on my diet pain in my knee quickly returns.
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

How do people recommend staying away from carbs and fruit, when also working out and exercising?
TF
Member # 14183

To Bryan:

Eat just meat and non-starchy vegetables. You can also eat eggs, seeds, and nuts. Drink kefir daily.

That is how I had to eat the entire time I was treating lyme disease. And, I was doing 1 continuous hour of weightlifting every other day as required by the Burrascano Guidelines.

Did you see jory's post about how to get rid of candida on the skin?

"Brussels, for your chronic candida try using 3g of no-flush niacin (niacinamide or nicotinamide) once a day every day. It does wonders for me and entirely cleared up my GI candida and a horrible yeast skin overgrowth."

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133921;p=0#000024

In this thread, jory gives a medical research reference for this remedy:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/135716?#000001

Evidently about 90% of it will be gone in a week.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Back to the rescue TF. Thank you as always for looking out for us all.

Bryan, I hear you... that's why I had the pumpkin in there(my smoothies) generally before a workout. Now I just eat copious amounts of non starchy veggies. I did try some rutabega tonight as it is supposed to be antifungal and okay for candida. So far so good. I didn't have that much though. Workout went well.

TFs recommendations for folks that can do nuts and dairy would be a great way to go. I cannot do dairy, gluten, eggs or nuts really - so that is why I do AIP(Paleo autoimmune). I'd be on the floor without my protein and copious amounts of veggies. I do consume a good bit of bone broth too and I cook my veggies with it- chicken bone broth- makes frozen organic cauliflower into a mashed potato like dish. I really need flavor or my diet gets very real very fast. [Eek!]

TF- you rock! Bryan, I hope these Jory suggestions and TF suggestions get you feeling much better soon. I'm gonna try her suggestion myself tomorrow with the niacinamide.

Kgg- Yep, I know what you mean! Both of mine are talking, feel tight across the top and really come to life in the chamber- they burn too then. Interestingly my anti inflams don't help much with this. I'd say it's got to be a mass killing. It's about time.

So interesting the phases you go through. O2 is powerful!

Thanks for being the best support a girl could ask for!

Thanks Team O2! [group hug]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

willbeatthis...

Have you tried soaking and oven drying nuts? It removes the substances that make them hard on the gut and difficult to digest. Even at my most ill, when I was down to 5-6 foods for years, I could eat nuts prepared this way.

Here is an easy how-to article/video. You can also make nut milks and nut butters with nuts prepared this way:

Raw Nuts Done Right: A video on healthy preparation of nuts and nut butters for best digestion and nutrition: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/video-raw-nuts-done-right/

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Phoiph! I really appreciate this!!

I have a question for all:

Do others feel a slight vibration (though it is definitely there) in their body (mine lasts a couple hours) - I equate it to if you think of water molecules moving to get hot -- I have been feeling this vibration particularly in my legs after diving. I am sure it is all good but I just wondered if I was the only one. Just wanted to ask!

Thanks for all team, YOU ROCK! Amy

reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis.....the vibrations left leg and used to happen up my spine,however,now they just occur in the leg...a quiver sensation,it has subdued over the last 3-4 months.

When this all started I even had "zaps" in my head and they also settled (were the worst).

Hope this helped)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Willbeatthis, yes, I get that sensation too. I get it during flares and sometimes in response to supplements. Recently B vitamins had it "vibrating" out of control. It is often in my spine or legs and feels like an insect fluttering. At times magnesium has helped.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Reminder and Jolley. I am glad it is normal. I am curious as to why this would be so. I definitely feel it is a flare. Does anybody know what coinfection or what have you might cause this. I suspect Bartonella with the pain mainly in my legs and the burning too. Wowser.

Getting ready to get in my chamber to wind down and go to bed. You all are the best.

BTW - the rutebega- well, I think you must have to have a pretty tough stomach. I could not digest it hardly at all even well cooked.

No sleep for me last night due to that experiment.

Hugs all for the support. It means a lot!! Really! [group hug]

And, Phioph, YOU are still my HERO! HUGS!!

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement