LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the altitude we live at affect treatment?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Homina that’s me:)

Last year I was diving a few times a week but it tapered off as the year went on until the last 3 months I was in maybe 5 times. I’ve since gone back to diving a few times a week if I can fit it in my schedule and the reason is I want my C4 a to come down to normal. I went from 54k I think on my last report to 13k in December. I’m due for. 3 year video update but was waiting for my lab results so I can report.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick question
What does mm HG mean in relation to HBOT?

Yes Peimomma do another video since you are doing so well it is good you document your progress like this

Also someone here mentioned an app that will tell you what the pressure inside the chamber is
Does anyone know what that app is?
Thanks

[ 01-22-2018, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomina,

"Hg" is the periodic symbol for mercury, and is used as a unit of measurement for pressure (as in a blood pressure reading).

One "atmosphere" (ATM) is the atmospheric pressure at sea level, and is equal to ~760 mmHg (torr).

In mild hyperbaric, 1.3 "atmospheres absolute" (ATA) refers to the 1 atmosphere that is already present at sea level, plus the .3 atmospheres of added chamber pressure. 1.3 ATA equals approximately 988 mmHg (millimeters of mercury).

To answer HW88's question: The higher you ascend in altitude, the lower the atmospheric pressure. So, the 1.0 atmosphere of pressure present at sea level lessens as you ascend in altitude.

At altitude, the pressure delivered by your chamber will remain .3 atmospheres (~4.2 psi/pounds per square inch), but the atmospheric pressure will be less than the 1.0 that you would receive at sea level, making the overall pressure (ATA/atmospheres absolute) received at any given altitude lower than at sea level.

For example, at 8,000 ft., the atmospheric pressure drops to about .74. Add the .3 atmospheres delivered by the chamber, and you will receive ~1.04 ATA (vs. 1.3 ATA at sea level).

So, the higher you go in altitude, the more pressure you would need to use in a chamber to compensate for, or to maintain the same ATA as you would be receiving at sea level.

You can google conversion tables/calculators for these equivalencies.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Haley:
Is anyone having tooth pain? I am having excruciating pain in one of my root canal teeth. I have had pain in other teeth as well. While researching I noticed there is an entire specialty called aviation dentistry. Apparently, pressure on the teeth can cause cracks and other issues. I think I'm going to have to have a large molar pulled. Yikes. Any help appreciated.

After about five dives and old root canal started acting up it seems to be related to HBOT
Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting.

I'm at 810'. So, if I did the conversion correctly, I am pretty close at approx. 1.27

Homina, did you start to dive? I had teeth react a bit as well, but nothing bad, just 'hmm, something is happening.' But went away. I assume the oxygen was working it's thing.

Go slow in the beginning. It took me 3 months to build to full time and oxygen.

Although I'm currently in a bit of a set back, I LOVE mHBOT and I feel like I've made really good gains with it. I just quit antibiotics about 6 weeks ago and my body is trying to adjust, but I hope to make even greater gains.

Thanks everyone for sticking around and helping. You are an answer to so many of my prayers. I'm about 6 months at full protocol. Hoping the next 6 months bring wonderful things.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

quote:
Originally posted by HW88:
How many people do mhbot along with antibiotics and how many are solely using mhbot?

I plan to use mHBOT with antibiotics and with an herbal formula based on stephen buhrer's book
I don't plan to use these regularly but one a week as a kind of pulse

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina~

Are you already on antibiotics/herbals, or are you just thinking of starting them?

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I have been on them in the recent past right now I am not
Legolas
Member # 45737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
Originally posted by Legolas:
"Hey Phoiph,
I've been diving now for about 20 months. I've clearly improved but i'm still far from being recovered.
You're a strong advocate of mild HBOT as it has helped you to fully recover. I wonder if i could somehow improve/accelerate my healing by trying a HBOT pressure greater than 1.3 ATA or even greater than 1.5 ATA.
The article above by dr.Harch seems to be about brain injury and pediatric disorders. We have trouble with our brain, but the underlying cause is immune/metabolic dysfunction. Our brains never suffered an acute lack of oxygen. Do we need to stick to that 1.5 ATA limit? In the study of the fibromyalgia patients they used 2 ATA for 90 minutes, 5days/week and 100% oxygen. Patients improved dramatically after only 40 sessions.
Since CFS and fibro are related, maybe a higher pressure (not 2 ATA) could benefit us too??"

Hi Legolas,

Brains with Chronic Lyme often suffer from hypoperfusion as clearly demonstrated on SPECT scans. In other words, there is a lack of blood supply and oxygen reaching parts of the brain, causing cellular damage, and a cascade of reactions and dysfunction in the body (including immune and metabolic).

So, IMO, it makes sense that Lyme is treated with mHBOT in a similar way as one would treat a brain or other neurological injury, with lower pressures (especially when it has been shown that higher pressures can cause neurological conditions to become worse).

In the study I read, the CFS patients were only given 15 sessions. Their symptoms improved, but they were not cured, and unfortunately, we don't know how long their improvements will last. It takes time to reverse chronic conditions, and higher pressures cannot be sustained over long periods of time safely. I wish it were that easy!

Please let us know more about your situation/treatment so we can try to help. For example, what is your diet like? Are you doing other treatments concurrently? Are you on medications/supplements?

Also, Peimomma asked about the frequency/durations of your mHBOT sessions and whether you are using supplemental oxygen?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23682549

Hey, I've been diving for 20 months, about 5 times a week. I mostly did 90 minutes sessions the last months. But I've increased it last weeks to about 1h45 min or so. The vivid dreams have come back, just like the other times i increased my duration in the chamber. I consider it a good sign though (brain healing) and it makes me think i still have "stretch" on hyperbaric therapy use. I use supplemental oxygen, and the oxygen is flowing just fine.
I have high dose vit B12 shot from time to time, they help. Sometimes i take some magnesium pills. No other supplements. No AB's (anymore). No other treatments. There is probably some space for improvement in my diet. I' dont have much time or i'm to fatigued to prepare really healthy food. I try to stay away from the processed sugars and soda's.

I'm really greatfull i purchased my hyperbaric chamber and it's worth every cent. But i haven't (yet) achieved the gains some other people did.

Posts: 6 | From Belgium | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

If you are not already on antibiotics, IMO it would be better not to start them with mHBOT.

In my observation and experience, for most people with chronic Lyme, mHBOT works best without the body burden that antibiotics create.

In my experience, keeping the protocol as simple as possible, without a lot of drugs, supplements, or concurrent therapies is best.

Emphasis should also be on a very clean, gut-healing diet with lots of good fats. Gentle, graded movement exercise (like yoga) is also necessary to move lymph. These 2 elements are crucial parts of the mHBOT protocol.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Legolas~

You say you are diving "about 5 times per week".

First, I would suggest that instead of increasing the length of your dives, that you would dive 7 days per week consistently at 1 hour to 1.25 hours max.

(If you want to stay in the chamber a little longer, remove the mask and just let the 02 flow in.)

Second, diet is crucial! Healing the gut and providing nutrients for the nervous system is non-negotiable. This must become a serious focus in order to get well. For a start, you can scroll back to the previous page in this thread, and read about preparing bone broth (which can be frozen for daily use). You can also read up on the GAPS diet.

Also, you may already be doing this, but incorporating gentle movement (like YOGA) will move lymph and help the body remove toxins.

I am hopeful that you will enhance your healing and progress by making these 3 changes.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina

If you haven’t read this entire thread I would highly encourage that and for every person that wants to use MHBOT to treat. It provides a lot of information and you can see the results of those that treated with oxygen alone had much better gains than those that treated with multiple therapies at the same time.

Before I began my journey I read this entire thread, The Oxygen Revolution and Phoiph’s story. You will gain a better understanding of the struggles during treatment, this is not an overnight fix to a illness that has plagued most of us for 10, 20 or more years. Throwing more therapies or varying the prescribed time to hurry things along only seems to complicate the process and frustration grows and people give up and move on.

It is incredibly important to keep a journal so you know how long you dive for with oxygen at the prescribed 60 minutes every day of the week. To look back over a year and say I treated for the last year and it hasn’t worked is not a true statement if the treatments weren’t daily for 60 minutes with the mask.

I was in your position 3 years ago, I wanted wellness and I wanted it the fasted possible way. I’m here to tell everyone there is no quick fix to Lyme and chronic illness. Patience and consistency are required to get back your life.

If you read this thread you will see the pattern of consistency and wellness and most move on to their new lives. A few pop in for updates like myself. Bless Phoiph for sticking around this board and beating the drum to educate all that come by to see what oxygen can do for them.

**Legolas

What altitude are you at? I believe after about 90 minutes of treatment your cells have no capacity to retain more O2, they are at that point oxygenated so any additional time is really a waste. There should be 4-6 hours between treatments for the body to again be able to retain any oxygen. I wouldn’t advise the latter as it creates a heavy load of toxins in the body.

If you haven’t treated for 60 minutes with oxygen every day for 20 months then you should expect to take longer to reach your goal of wellness. Throughout the thread Phoiph has explained consistent oxygen to the body every day is needed to reach healing.

Here’s the equivalent of not treating consistently. Your doctor gives you antibiotics to take every day but the patient decides they will take it most of the time and then they report to the doctor that it’s not helping. Phoiph has made it clear that treatment every day for 2 years is the mark. If, like some you feel better sooner than 24 months of daily treatments like Jolly then you can choose to change up your schedule. However if like me it takes you 24 months to get to that 100% place then push on. We have all been sick for varying lengths of time and I believe Phoiph told me it takes a month of treatment for every year you’ve been sick. I was sick since 1990 and started treating with MHBOT 2015. It took me the 24 months to get to wellness.

IMO of course. Dive on:)

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Well said, Peimomma...thank you!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Posted by Homina on a new topic (copied here so it wouldn't be missed):

Hello peimomma
I just finished reading the entire thread
That is a lot of reading so I may have missed something
Thanks

From Phoiph:

Hi Homina~

Thank you for reading the mild hyperbaric thread.

I agree, there is a lot of information there, which is why we encourage everyone who can to read it all. It really helps to have a background to put things into context as you're following the thread.

If you have questions about anything feel free to ask. I'm going to copy this post back to the mild hyperbaric thread where the people using mHBOT will see it; as I and others often just frequent that thread, so a new topic like this on mHBOT could get buried.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I loved reading the latest posts by phoiph and peimomma! Thank you.

Homina, I just stopped antibiotics. I can tell you that chemical changes on my body ALWAYS set me back (adding or taking away drugs/supplements). I do much better and make greater gains when I keep things as consistent as possible.

I'm looking forward to chemically adjusting to no antibiotics and moving forward.

BACK TO BONE BROTH:

I made my own bone broth. It didn't gel. What did I do wrong?

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, If you post your bone broth recipe maybe I answer your question.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

This is the recipe I used.

http://www.platingsandpairings.com/slow-cooker-bone-broth/

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a good recipe. Did you use chicken or beef bones? We find that chicken bones and feet gel better than straight beef bones.

I would increase the apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup, you still won't taste it and it will help draw the nutrients out of the bones.

The only other thing I can think of is the amount of water to bones. Too much water and it won't gel.

Happy Slow Cooking!

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Digby. I used ox tails and some other beef bones. I don't think I had enough bones.

I will increase the cider vinegar next time and the amount of bones and see what happens.

Thank you so much!!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Ox Tail is supposed to make awesome bone broth! Throw in some chicken feet or the cartilage from the chicken breast to help with gelling.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Digby.

Ok, I'm sorry, but I'm posting a plea for help or encouragement or ... something.

The last 5 weeks have been horrible. I've been averaging probably 4 hrs of sleep Only 3 last night). My mental health has been in the garbage and all over the place with anxiety, depression, etc. My head has been horrible and the last few days, my body has just ached all over, but especially my legs.

I just keep telling myself it will get better and just keep going, but I'm reaching the end of my rope where I just want everything to go away and have no hope.

I'm about 6 months into full protocol. I've been off antibiotics for about 7+ weeks. I don't want to go back on antibiotics. I feel like I'm going to Lose it and end up in a mental hospital or something?

AM I herxing? Is it because of coming off antibiotics? I'm sorry for being so needy right now, but I could really use some help before I completely lose it.

I'm so tired--physically and mentally. Help.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

HW88

Funny you should post this. I was at my 7th month (Aug 2015) when I crashed hard. It felt like everything was coming back. My fatigue was terrible, nauseous, migraines again and pains coming and going. Looking back at my journal it wasn’t until October that I started doing better daily but still had ups and downs.

I wasn’t on any meds so I can only imagine with your recent meds it may take you a little more to pull out of this nose dive.
Keep the faith, you will turn a corner. Once I was through this set back I noticed a higher level of healing.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Peimomma,

Thank you so much for responding. It helps to know that someone that got better had some same experiences.

at what point did you stop having crashes or downs?

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Peimomma,

Thank you so much for responding. It helps to know that someone that got better had some same experiences.

at what point did you stop having crashes or downs?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

HW88

Looking back to my journal I see that January 2016 was the next time I had a setback, first cold I’d had in a number of years and it kept me out of the chamber 8 days. Had some rough days and had to take another 4 days off in mid February. Then it was back to little issues, stiff or tired.

After I started work for 3-4 months I had another 3 week setback of fatigue, migraines and other small issues. Nothing since that last one though almost a year ago now. I think the last one was my body adjusting to the full time schedule of work, working out and socializing.

Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, I'm so sorry you are in a hard time. You will turn a corner.

If you have noticed a change since the broth you might consider cutting it out briefly. I know it helps heal the digestive tract but if you have histamine issues it could possibly cause insomnia, aching, or anxiety. It probably isn't the problem, but just consider it if you continue to struggle.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

HW88
Are you doing anything to help you to sleep during this rough patch
I have had sleep problems all my life and have found a lot of things that can help

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you peimomma and Jolley. I'm hanging on looking or my corner to turn.

I've wondered about the bone broth as well. I took it out of the routine for a few days and it really didn't make a difference, so I don't think it's the bone broth. I honestly think it was coming off antibiotics and I'm just hoping I really will turn the corner and make progress without antibiotics.

Homina, I have tried MANY things for sleep. Nothing really seems to help. [Frown]

I just need to keep going and make it till things turn around again.... <sigh> this is hard.

Thank you for all the love and encouragement.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

HW88 I can PM you a list of stuff that helps
You might find something that helps

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

That would be great! Thank you!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

B12 Oils
Hello All
I have been using http://www.b12oils.com/ for about a month and have found them to be very potent. Specifically I have been using the hydroxy

Buying in quantities of 3 or more is advantageous for two reasons price per bottle drops from 50 to 40 dollars a bottle and if I buy with another person we can split shipping which is approx 23.00 coming from Australia

Is there anyone here that would like to go in with me to keep the price per bottle down and we could split shipping?

Thanks

[ 02-03-2018, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

How is everyone doing?
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

quote:
Originally posted by HW88:
How is everyone doing?

Doing okay
I hope to start diving regularly soon
and you?

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Honestly, I'm still struggling a lot. I thought I was starting to do a bit better and now I'm not. I'm having symptoms that I haven't had in a VERY long time.

I feel like I'm starting over. Very discouraged.

I'm trying to trust the process. I've been off antibiotics for about 2 months now, so I think I should have bounced back by now.

Trying to decide my next step.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I honestly need help, but don't know where to turn.
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

HW88, have you tried cutting back on the time in your chamber or diving without O2? If you are experiencing your old symptoms, it may be a herx. If you slow down a bit it should clear up quicker.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Digby. I'm honestly wondering if i got a touch of the flu. My daughter had the flu and I crashed hard about 3 or 4 days after she came down with it. Although I didn't really get too congestion on get 'typical' flu symptoms.

I'm starting to tighten down on my diet the best I can.

I've done a LITTLE better the last couple of days, but still not back to where I was before stopping antibiotics.

Hoping my corner is close....

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, how are you feeling today? I am hoping that it was not the flu you were experiencing.

For me, I feel like I hit a stall. I will continue to dive daily.

Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Hey off. I had a few better days, which I'm grateful for. I chatted with phoiph and I've adjusted some diet issues.

Today I feel like I'm going back down. I think I have some hormone issues because every period, ovulation, etc. I tend to crash. Not sure if I should wait it out and see if hormones get better with time, or get hormone treatment????

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

FWIW...I always recommend that my clients get their hormones balanced using bio-identical hormone replacement therapy with a good doc that uses both blood tests and patient history to prescribe.

HBOT by itself will probably not improve your hormones but getting better over time may do the trick. Repeated blood work will also help you titrate off the hormone therapy once you are recovered.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you Digby. I just wasn't sure if HRT would interfere with mhbot progress? But I dread ant time when hormones change because I know I will digress... I think I will look into some places that provide this type of help if you don't think it would interfere with healing lyme?
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Actually HW88, it should help you heal from lyme! It isn't a cure but it will help regulate your body's functions and typically helps people feel better.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Digby. I've done a bit of research and think I've found a good option that does quality testing and takes a natural approach. I'll keep you posted.
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I know when I started BHRT in Nov 2016 I started feeling even better. I’ll be 50 in 10 months and I’m feeling very relaxed as long as I get my pellets every 3 months😂. I get a T and E pellet and just started P last month to fine tune a few things.

I sleep like a baby😊

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang: I am sorry I have been away! I need to catch up on the thread. I just want to post something positive here as I know positive posts really give us all hope and power to stay the path!

Well, about 6 weeks ago, I had a babesia fare and it was pretty bad and I believe it was really due to some undue stress. Well, Dr. H put me back on Babesia herbs as I said no to Malerone and it looks like I am headed back in the right direction. I went through a bit of a scare and did not want to scare you all as I know everyone has a bit of a hesitation towards mhbot if you have ever had bad babesia even if it is not founded. Phoiph to the rescue, God bless her and she said I should post if I wanted to but again, I didn't think you all needed to hear what I brought on myself with a dumb financial decision. Thank God that is over and I actually made a little money but goodness. That's over now.

So, I had my year anniversary on January 29th and I am still going strong daily. So this past weekend I went to a social dance with my husband, long dress and all .... shoes and all... And, I had fun! And, it is very clear to everyone I am doing much better. So, you just must stay the course. You can do this. Phioph did it, Peimomma did it, Lymeboy (for the Love of our Savior did it), Jolley, Digby and I know there are too many to count...

I also understand the road can be dark at times. Mhbot is a powerful treatment and you have power through - or shall I say- consult the team or Phoiph with regard to your rough patches and just keep moving forward. I will catch up on the thread tomorrow and in the interim, I will be praying for you HW88 as I think I understand you are going through a rough patch.

Gentle hugs to this dear team! Oxygen on, you will not regret it! [group hug]

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh goodness HW88- I’m sorry you are going through this! I can imagine this has been horrible. How are you feeling now? So if I inferred correctly from your post- you stopped abx in early December. I imagine you discussed this with Phoiph and your doctor. I’m really hoping you are getting over the hump.

I too am on Nat. Hormone replacement and would not want to be without them.

I am still on herbals for Lyme, bart and Babs. I am so much better than I was but as my post above said- I had a really bad babesia flare and thank god for the herbs. My hope will be to go off them at some point. I’m only a little over a year in if daily dives.

I think talking with Phoiph and or your doctor may be in order if you are still not progressing.

I am thinking of you and please let me know if I can do anything to help you!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

willbeatthis, thank you so much for your prayers and love. I have had some better days, but like I said, my hormones always make me crash. I'm going in for a consult on Thurs. for testing.

I'm REALLY hoping it will move me in the right direction. I'm only 37, but I think Lyme has really messed up my hormones.

Honestly, Sleep is a HUGE issue for me right now. I'm hoping fixing my hormones will be helpful with that.

I had to send my chamber in to have a part fixed today. I will be without it for at least 4 days.. [Frown] Wasn't too happy about that, but I'm glad it's still under warranty.

Thank you everyone for the support. I'm blessed with a team to keep me going.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Had my hormone consultation today. I will take the test in a little over a week probably. It takes 4 weeks to get the results (that seems SO long to me. oh well)

Here's hoping I can balance my hormones!! [Smile]

Thanks everyone!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

HW88, That does seem long. The doc I work with takes one week.
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, what company is it with that it takes that long? Just curious.
Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Mine only take a week to come back as well. They use Lab Corp
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

HW88: My hormones are back in a day like Peimomma. I've used labcorp too. Have you already paid money to these folks re: consultation and for labs? If not, I would encourage you to look around maybe to some other resources. There should be folks near you - aren't you in Cincinatti- that are quicker. I go to someone that is a Gyn that specializes in bioidentical hormones and she's amazing. A month is a really long time if your hormones are out of whack. Not trying to sway you just trying to find you a quicker solution than a month.

How are you doing now that you have been off ABX since the first or so of December? Has there been any improvement? Have you tweaked time, talked with Phoioph etc? I am a bit concerned you may need some medical guidance at this time re: Lyme and cos. I have had to definitely dive but continue other methods of treatment. As I told you, I am still on herbs and rife. Though my rife thankfully is a lot less than it was. But recently I had to go back on herbs for babesia as it was a marked issue. Is has calmed down and I will work to get off of these things too at some point. My doctor just for the record said that most everyone in their office that uses mhbot is strongly encouraged to also have babesia coverage. Am I hoping long term the immune system completely takes over- yes, and I encouraged it will but I think we are all different and you have to heed that inner knowing and have good help (Phoiph) and medical advice I think. Thinking of you.... Hoping that you are better than you were in December and January and that February and March you have seen some improvement of some sort.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I am confident you are on the right path with mhbot, I just think we all have individual differences which demand a protocol that is aligned with you uniquely. Hang in there and I hope I hear you have had some improvement. Thankfully there are experts on this thread and I know they have been helping you along the way.... just want to make sure you are a-okay. Will check in tomorrow. Hugs!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

This is the test

https://dutchtest.com

It is a urine test collected over 18 hrs. They explained to me why this is better and how they can get a better picture from it all, but 4 weeks seems FOREVER to get results. Plus, I have to use an ovulation kit to figure out when I ovulate, then add 7 days and that is the collection day.

Uggh. I'm REALLY hoping they can help me sleep. Insomnia is a nightmare (literally) right now.

willbeatthis, I have been in contact with Phoiph. I haven't addressed this with my Dr. because if I've chosen to NOT do antibiotics, there really isn't much he can do for me at this point. If I have to go back on antibiotics, I will contact him.

Luckily, I have done better than January and February. I've come out of the dive mostly. Insomnia and fluctuating hormones tend to throw me still.

I really like the place that is testing my hormones, so I think I'll stick with them for now and hope it will be worth it in the long run. They had GREAT recommendations from some friends.

Thank you all for the thoughts. I'm REALLY hoping my hormones are the insomnia problem and it will at least help some. I finally fell asleep at 4 last night with the help of several aids. [Frown]

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I have to say when they put me on P this last month I was out like a light. Definitely helps sleep and you take it before bed only 15 days a month. Some like creams better but I’m really bad at the creams and much better at remembering a pill.
kgg
Member # 5867

Peimomma, it is my understanding that the cell size of Progesterone is too large to be effective as a cream. At least that is what my Naturopath said. I love progesterone. Helps me sleep and gives me a sense of well being that I really miss when I am not on it.

HW88, that makes sense that it is going to take that long if they are going to time the collection with your cycle. Just seems like a long time when you are not sleeping. Hope the time passes quickly for you.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks peimomma and kgg. It is a long time when not sleeping.

This specific place only uses creams. They feel they work better in the long run and don't have to worry about absorption issues in the gut and the liver doesn't have to break it down.

I've heard both ways. I guess I will just see if it works and if it doesn't, I'll move on to a diff. doc and ask for the pills.

How long did it take after starting HRT to see a difference?

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HW88: Thanks for clarifying that you are improving even if it is in little bits.

I am glad you have been in touch with Phoiph. What you were describing just plain worried me.

Sounds like you have it all under control as best you can right now. I am relieved to hear that you are better than you were. I think coming off ABX can be REALLY hard. Again, so glad you are on the upswing [Smile]

Keep us posted with your hormone success. For me, it pretty much helps right away. I am hoping the same for you. I am glad you found a place you like. Sometimes that is worth waiting for, regardless! Hang in there [Smile] Thinking of you...

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks for the care and concern willbeatthis. I feel the love.

I got my chamber back today... YEAH! I missed 5 days, but I'm back at it.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yay for you, HW88! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us up to date with your milestones. I know that when I used the GAPS diet while on ABX, it really helped me turn the corner and may have been part why I could get off. I know that is such a tough spot to be in and very depressing. I crashed each time they pulled me. I am so glad you have found mhbot. I think you will be very thankful one day soon of some real gains. Hang in there and keep working on that gut.... I think it may really help you. GABA my doctor recommended for sleep with melatonin and those things are helping me as well. Just thought I would through that info. in. My sleep has been WAY messed up. Thinking of you and the rest of our team!

Keep the Faith! You too can be like Phoiph, Digby, Lymeboy, Peimomma and I am thinking I am getting there too!

Hugs to all and thanks always for your support! XO

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Gaba also helps me with sleep
D Ribose too about a gram at bedtime

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, HominaH, My gaba is 750 mg just fyi HW88 [Smile]
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Therapeutic effects of HBOT on the brain
Maybe you guys have already seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LsINyIrgE&list=PLY3e_RRDG2Lv_hiq5FX5E4ATwb068esD_

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks for the tips willbeathis and homina. I haven't seen the youtube video, but I've read a LOT on hbot and the brain. [Smile]

I'll keep you all posted.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Update 10 dives
Hello All I have done 10 dives so far
No noted improvements so far
The first dive I had hot urine a few hours later
Subsequent dives I have had same thing to a lesser degree.

I get a herx after each dive and I have to lie down for a little and I get kidney pain as my body filters die off
I use coffee enemas to take the load off of my kidneys and drink lots of water
I also get a real itchy scalp after some dives and I notice the skin on my face tightens after each dive.
If I eat before a dive it is better if I dive on an empty stomach it takes a lot out of me

I have been diving three times a week for one hour and also sixty five minutes on a few dives I did one dive for 70 minutes but it was to much

I can't dive daily because of die off but I am going to try every other day

I am using a newtowne 27 inch chamber and an airsep New life intensity oxygen concentrator set on 8

Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks for the update Hominahomina. Are you diving at home? Many of us did not start out diving for a full hour. I used a method of ramping up on the dive time. That way the herxing is more manageable, imo. I will post the schedule I used below.

The oxygen can be drying. So I use coconut oil melted on my hair once in a while.

It also can lower your blood sugar. So it is good to eat something before you dive. I found when I didn't I would come out of the chamber really grumpy.

Week 1
Days 1-3: 20 minute dive at full pressure (not counting compression and decompression time). Do not wear the mask, but set it down inside the chamber so the oxygen is flowing in, mixing with compressed air.
Days 4-7: If no major reactions are happening, increase full pressure time to 40 minutes. If having previous reaction, stay at 20 minutes (still no mask; just let oxygen flow in and mix with compressed air).

Week 2
Days 1-3: If no major reactions, increase full pressure time to 60 minutes. If having a previous reaction, stay at 40 minutes (still no mask).
Days 4-7: If no major reaction, continue with full pressure 60 minute dive, wearing mask for 20 minutes, and laying it down in the chamber for the rest of the dive. (If having reaction, don't move forward; stay at last step!)

Week 3
Days 1-3: Continue 60 minute dive, wearing mask for 40 minutes, and laying it down in the chamber for the rest of the dive.
Days 4-7: Continue 60 minute dive, wearing mask for entire 60 minutes.

Again...don't move forward to the next step until you're not having major reactions. It is best to move up slowly so your body has time to detoxify and adjust.
You don't need to wear the mask while you compress (so you can clear your ears freely), but do wear it when you decompress.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I did something similar kgg, but it took me longer than 3 weeks. It took me 3 months to get to full hour plus oxygen. I increased time first, then once I reached an hour, I started adding oxygen 5 minutes at at a time until I reached the full hour.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HH (Homina Homina): I did a similar thing that KGG and HW88 did in terms of getting to a full hour. I think Phoiph has posted on this thread that this is the way she did it. You have to work up. I think that is why you are experiencing such die off. Hang in there! It will be worth it!!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks KGG HW88 and Willbeatthis
I have been using antibiotics herbal tinctures and essential oils for about six years trying to kill this stuff off and I have made some progress. When I read of the great success some of you are having with HBOT I was impressed so I was able to get a chamber myself
Thankfully

Since I have made some progress so far I am comfortable with a mild herx, in my mind that shows HBOT is working

I still have to take it slow though

[ 03-19-2018, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Homina~

Yes...taking it more slowly in the beginning will avoid a crash and setbacks later.

Some people will go full tilt in the beginning, as they may feel better initially, and then crash after a couple of weeks.

"Herxing" is very stressful on your body, and a sign that you are releasing toxins faster than your body can naturally clear them.

It is really better for your body not to "herx" to the point that you can only dive 3 days per week. It would be better to do less per day in the beginning and work up slowly, as that may enable you to dive more days in a row and build consistency.

Remember...the point of mHBOT is not necessarily just to kill the microbes (although this is a benefit), but to heal your immune system so it can begin to do its job effectively again on its own. The purpose is also to regenerate and heal the body systems, and this process takes time and patience, as there are many layers to traverse.

It requires a different mind-set than what some people are used to with antimicrobials, etc.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Posted by Tincup on a separate thread:

"Since Malaria and Babesiosis are kind of kissing cousins, thought this might be of interest to some."

Inhibition of hypoxia-associated response and kynurenine production in response to hyperbaric oxygen as mechanisms involved in protection against experimental cerebral malaria.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29558201

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Phoiph. I will share this with my doc [Wink] Hugs!
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I know we are all different, but I sure would like to know when the swings stop and healing is more of an upward movement.

I sent in my hormone test. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks to get results. I think it will be worth it. This test is SUPER comprehensive.

I felt really good at the beginning of the week. I took my kids to a museum and stayed over night in a hotel with them. I was happy and enjoying the day (mostly).

Then I hit my period yesterday and BAM! I'm on the couch praying for a miracle.

Any others that went on HRT have crashes during hormonal changes with lyme before starting therapy and did it help after you started therapy?

Still keeping up my daily dives.

Would love to hear from anyone on how you are doing?

kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, so happy to hear that you had a time of feeling good enough to travel and go to the museaum. Yay!

I can't say whether mHBO helped my periods because I no longer had periods when I started diving regularly. I can say that I always felt horrible with my periods. I had to go on the pill so that I did not miss class time in nursing school because I was out of commission for 3 days every month. I did not know I had Lyme at the time.

I hope that the test is more than helpful to you and the doc.

I am not doing great and I am not sure why. I am having a flare which includes a daily afternoon low grade fever and fatigue. My mood is weepy, which I hate. It has been going on for about a month now. The fatigue longer than that. I don't know the exact # dive I am on, but it is 450+. I am finding it discouraging and I don't have a Lyme doc right now. And even if I did, going back on antibiotics is not appealing. I am not sure what I am going to do.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

KGG, I'm so sorry for the flare. I think one of the hardest things is not knowing why. It makes it hard to treat. I understand not wanting to go back on antibiotics. I had this conversation with my husband last night. I've cried for 2 days straight. I was doing pretty good and then CRASH. I feel worse than I have in a long time.

We talked about the option of going back on antibiotics if I continue to get worse, but it isn't appealing to me. I think I'm going to wait for my hormone tests and see if that helps before moving that direction.

Has anything changed for you in last month? I hope it is just another layer being peeled back, but it's hard when the layer takes so long to peel.

Sending hugs, my friend .

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement