LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Some sad news - Kathleen E. Schuyler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some sad news - Kathleen E. Schuyler
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if Dr. Schuyler was a Lyme disease patient?
Ann-OH

[Obituary]
Kathleen E. Schuyler, 52, of Avondale, PA passed away in Fair Hill,MD on June 21, 2006. She was the wife of Roy L. Schuyler III with
whom she shared 30 years of marriage.

Born in Springfield, OH, she was the daughter of the late Clifford R Schumacher and Dorothy E. Schumacher of State College, PA.

She was a member of Red Clay Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, DE.

Kathleen's passion was education. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Penn State University with Distinction in
1973, a Master of Arts in Remedial Reading from Lehigh University in 1975, and a degree of Juris Doctor Cum Laude from Widener University in 1996.

She is survived by:

Husband: Roy L. Schuyler III

2 daughters: Lynn S. Harris and her husband Dr. Matthew R. Harris of Payson, AZ Karen Schuyler of Palo Alto, CA

One Son: Stephen F. Schuyler of Avondale, PA

One Brother: Clifford A. Schumacher of Milford, MI

In accordance with the wishes of the decedent, services and burial are private.

Contributions in her memory can be made to the Lyme Disease Association of Southeastern, PA, PO Box 944, Chadds Ford, PA 19317.

Arrangements are being handled by the Kuzo & Grieco Funeral Home, Inc. Online condolences may be made by visiting
www.griecofuneralhomes.com

[ 15. August 2006, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann, interesting that money is going to LDA in Penn. How about editing & putting her name in topic line?

Speaking of editing, have you tackled my lyme brochure? Ive added other people's suggestions & sent them to you privately. Just curious.

I'll forget about having any type of a NEW brochure to hand out July 4th. Getting ready for my July 3rd Minn. LLMD visit; leaving on Sunday. Thanks Ann. Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I am working on it. Will have it off to you tomorrow.

I don't feel comfortable putting her name in the subject line.

Glad you are going to see a doctor that understands.

Have a good trip.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sad. She lived and played right where I gre up and got Lyme. My family is still in that area. I would like to know more about her and her connection with LDA of SE PENN if anyone knows.

Very sorry to hear---too YOUNG!!!!

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L Schuyler
Member # 9612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L Schuyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too young, I agree. Even though she declined a lot in her later years, she is still greatly loved, fondly remembered, and will be forever missed.

I am her eldest surviving daughter, Lynn. She contracted Lyme via a tick brought in from the laundry early after we moved to PA and gradually declined for 15 years after that with multi-system complications.

You have my permission to put her name in a subject heading. We are blessed that she is remembered.

Posts: 2 | From Payson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 8995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Camper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear about your mother.

I always wonder what happened when I read about people dying from lyme disease and how it could have been prevented.

Hopefully, we will have answers soon and better education and treatment.

Your mom choosing to have donations sent to the LDA in her name will help.

Ouch. This has got to hurt.

Posts: 89 | From AZ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lynn,

My sincerest sympathies on your loss. I am touched beyond words that you want to memorialize your mother by donations to the LDA in Southeastern PA.

Her extraordinary nature shows in you.

Here's hoping that your generosity will help spare many from the debilitation and alone-ness of chronic Lyme disease.

Sincerely,
Shazdancer

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn:

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your mom.

I don't think I could put my feelings more eloquently than Shaz just did above.

I hope that my own daughter will believe I did my best in fighting to overcome the illness.

Sincerely,

Lisa

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn, I am so sorry about your mother..I just pray that this will soon end and families will not have to loose loved ones over these diseases.

I would imagine that your mom was a member of the Chester Co group..I have been to some meetings but do not know many of the people..

It is very generous that the family has allowed memorial money to go to this wonderful group.. They are doing much to erradicate lyme disease.

I live about an hour away..

Again so sorry for your loss. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Lynn to this site. Thanks so much for coming on here on behalf of your beloved, late Mom's passing.

Thank you for telling about your special Mom. I'm sure she was educating everyone who would listen to her about chronic lyme too.

I just sent you a PM, private message, with some links and how to find the SYMPATHY POEMS I have posted online in Treepatrol's newbie links, and the the last pages are 4-5 MOM's poems.

Thanks to your Mom/your family for her memorial money going to Penn.'s lyme disease assn. It has made more people aware of our disease.

This is my 3rd attempt sending this; my pc froze up twice before in 10 minutes as I typed you a longer note; hope this goes thru this time.

May God comfort you/family now and in the days, months, and years ahead.

Play a video with your Mom on with you're down; great hearing their voice, laughter and watching their gestures/mannerisms.

Again, thanks for joining us and telling about your special, lyme Mom!

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom and my heart goes out to you and to your family for your loss.

I'm one of the many people like your Mom who contracted this disease in suburban Philadelphia.

Thanks so you all for your generosity; hopefully accurate testing and adequate treatment can be made available that will help others.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lynn. Thanks so much for coming here and telling us more about your mother. I lost my mother at Christmas '05 and I do fully believe she had undxd Lyme.

Take care and tell your family we are praying for them. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

Thank you for sharing during this difficult time.

I have often wondered about the possibility of "laundry" exposure (my mom is an avid outdoors-clothes-dryer).

Our hearts go out to you and your family.

Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn and family,

Please accept my condolences for the recent loss of your mother. Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and share with us about your mom. She sounds like she was a true fighter.

We will never know the true scope of this tragedy because many are not reported. I will add your mother's obituary to the listing here at Lymenet.

A sincere thank you for your family's donation to your local Lyme disease group in honor of your mother.

--------------------
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Posts: 221 | From the hills | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you and your family. Your mom won't be forgotten.

TC

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 9 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

My condolences to you and your family on such a sad loss.

Many thanks to all of you for your continued support.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn: Many condolences on the loss of your mom. I, too, like several other people contracted Lyme living in the Philadelphia suburbs. I am not sure how I was bitten: either taking trash out, groceries in or sitting very innocently sitting on my apartment first floor patio. The crime of lyme is horrific. Perhaps, one day , we will eradicate this and no other people will suffer in this magnitude. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L Schuyler
Member # 9612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L Schuyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is heartwarming how many people cared to drop a line, not 'knowing' her or us. (A special thanks to bettyg for all the links.)

My Father made the decision that donations be sent in her memory to the Lyme Disease Association. He believed that is something she would have wanted, and would be a tribute to her dedication to research and education of Lyme and co-infections.

In remembering her, remember and pray for him. He stood by her through the years of physical and mental decline, making sure that he would be able to provide the best for her whatever happened with her health. He picked her up and took her to the ER multiple times. He supported her and tried to understand a disease that defies logic and medical science. He gradually took over the things she used to be able to do, took her to appointments, and limited his activities and travel so that he could take care of her and make sure she had everything she needed. He attended Lyme Assn meetings with her. He stood by her, with the constant stress of never knowing what he might meet when he came home. There are few men who would weather this storm. However, he did, and deserves much credit (that he never sought) for the example he has set.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, and kindness. Please pray for his peace.

(I have been meaning to log on and thank you and just found the pw!)

Posts: 2 | From Payson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L Schuyler:

It is heartwarming how many people cared to drop a line, not 'knowing' her or us. (A special thanks to bettyg for all the links.)

My Father made the decision that donations be sent in her memory to the Lyme Disease Association . He believed that is something she would have wanted, and would be a tribute to her dedication to research and education of Lyme and co-infections.

In remembering her, remember and pray for him. He stood by her through the years of physical and mental decline, making sure that he would be able to provide the best for her whatever happened with her health.

He picked her up and took her to the ER multiple times. He supported her and tried to understand a disease that defies logic and medical science.

He gradually took over the things she used to be able to do, took her to appointments, and limited his activities and travel so that he could take care of her and make sure she had everything she needed.

He attended Lyme Assn meetings with her. He stood by her, with the constant stress of never knowing what he might meet when he came home.

There are few men who would weather this storm. However, he did, and deserves much credit (that he never sought) for the example he has set.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, and kindness. Please pray for his peace.

(I have been meaning to log on and thank you and just found the pw!)

Lynn, so HAPPY you came back and got to read all of our notes of sympathy for you, your Dad, and family. Glad you enjoyed my SYMPATHY POEM collection.

Tears were streaming down my face as I read of your Dad's undying 24/7 love for your late Mom! Wow, DAD, YOU ARE A SUPER GUY! You gave it your all and then some. Some men may have chosen a divorce, but you didn't!

You rode out the tough storm and you will be rewarded in Heaven when you 2 meet again when the time is right for you.

Lynn; both of your parents have a very SPECIAL DAUGHTER, YOU, and the others too for coming here to post when you heard Ann had put up a link on your Mom's obituary.

Thanks Dad for your memorial gifit to LDA in memory of your beloved wife! May God bless you all now and in the days, months, and years ahead.
Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

[ 11. August 2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

I am so sorry you lost your Mom, Lynn. I hope your memories of her and her brilliance will help you as you grieve. I am in awe of what she accomplished in her life.

For those that missed it, here is where you can send donations:

The Lyme Disease Association of Southeastern PA, PO Box 944,
Chadds Ford, PA 19317.

Here is their website:
http://www.lymepa.org/

Ann-OH

[ 11. August 2006, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wonderful father and supportive husband. A true miracle and gem in this world. So many suffer here without a partner and so many partners leave when the road gets tough. I dont know if I could be the partner of a lymie. The disease demands so much from all the people. And for the most part there are no support groups or any support systems in place emotionally or financially. I am constantly amazed at the strength of my own partner who has given up many dreams and goals to be by my side.

I can not imagine what your father is going through now. It sounds incredibly painful and lonely. I hope there are people close to him that can support him in half the ways he was able to support your mom.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks so much for posting, Lynn! Your father does indeed sound like an angel and I know he has many angels watching over him now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

up for lymemomtoo & other SE PENN. members to see Lynn's reply to all of us ....
Bettyg

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending belated, but very sincere, condolences to you and your family.
Be assured that the Lyme community understands and sends concern & support.

Will pray that all of you, and especially your Dad, receive the strength you need to get through such difficult times.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

Thanks so much for sharing more about your family.
Your father's love really is an inspiration to us all.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Losing your mom is a loss for all of us in the lyme family.

We grieve with you and your family...especially your dad.

God Bless

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,
So sorry about your mom. Take good care of yourself as you go through this difficult period of your life.

Blessings.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Ann, would you reconsider show Dr. Shyler's name in your topic line since her daughter, Lynn, gave her approval to do this when she 1st posted?

Especially now with all the sudden, shocking news of Dr. B's retirement in near future.
Hugs, Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this and want to express my sadness about this loss. I've been sitting here trying to find the appropriate words, but I can't. The years of suffering you are describing and the death at such an early age are beyond any words I can find.

So just let me offer my condolences and thank those on this group who have been able to express it much more eloquently.
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth in MN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth in MN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn,

I am so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your Mom. My mother died five years ago, and I am now suspicious that she had Lyme or some form of tick related illness for much of her life.

I will keep you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself, too.

Warmly,
Elizabeth

--------------------
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Come visit my blog! http://forcesofnature.wordpress.com/

Posts: 126 | From Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Betty wrote:
[quote]
Ann, would you reconsider show Dr. Shyler's name in your topic line since her daughter, Lynn, gave her approval to do this when she 1st posted?

Especially now with all the sudden, shocking news of Dr. B's retirement in near future.[unquote]

I did not put Dr. Schuyler's name in the subject
line. I did not feel comfortable doing that. I don't know how that was done.

I have no idea how Dr. B.'s retirement relates to this lovely, brilliant woman's death.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann, I did not email anyone else; just you the originator of this post.

Everyone here is in total shock at Dr. B's retiring, and many of his patients are expressing themselves with their own posts.

So with your post of some sad news, it would appear it might be about Dr. B to the many newbies arriving here daily.

That's what I was attempting to refer to Ann.
Hugs Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement