LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Greatcod died

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greatcod died
HICA
Member # 16442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HICA   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I last heard from him almost 3 weeks ago.
He was having worse
acid reflux and was planning on going to the
doctor.

When I didn't hear from him by Wed of
that week, I knew he was gone but kept
hoping he was just in hospital having surgery

We need universal health care, not insurance.
I'm sure the reason he didn't go months ago
was due to lack of money.

Just talked with the apartment manager.
She said Greatcod's brother is taking care of
things. For the past 2.5 weeks I've been
searching for obituary but found none.

She did not know the cause of death.

Posts: 3 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am soo so sorry. This is always so hard to hear. Thank you for informing us and if you do run across an obituary, please let us know.

My heart goes out to you and the family.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a GREAT LOSS!!

REST IN PEACE GREAT COD!! NO MORE PAIN! [group hug] [kiss]

i so enjoyed his posts!! what was his real name, and when anyone does find an obituary, please show it in SUPPORT in LYME OBITUARIES ....thanks so much!

hica, thanks for posting; we would not have known otherwise. [group hug] [kiss]

just looked this up....

this is greatcod's LAST POST HERE!!

subject; do only NICE people get lyme?

Greatcod
Frequent Contributor
Member # 7002
posted 03-07-2008 03:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not very nice, and I got it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hica or to anyone who knew GREATCOD REALLY WELL!!

just had an idea; to anyone really close to great cod, how about calling this washington dc no. OPINION LINE where you can talk up to 2 MIN. MAX on any subject.

i call there 5 days a week plus 3 other numbers giving my full name, mailing address, and i'm calling about our lyme disease bill S 1708 THAT WE WANT IT ON THE AGENDA.

then i talk about anything on my mind i want to educate them about....last week i mentioned iowa's 14 yr. old girl, alex hermstad, who was DENIED BEING APPROVED BY NIH FOR THEIR DISEASE PATIENT PROGRAM SINCE SHE IS ON A VENTILATOR.

no one is helping this family; alex is dying!

anyway, my idea was after you identify yourself with above info, and your calling to ask that our lyme disease bill be PLACED ON THEIR AGENDA NOW...

then tell them about greatcod; what he went thru; how long he had lyme, etc. i see he was a member for 3 years here. [group hug] [kiss]

did he have a spouse and kids, etc. tell about that too!

it's just a suggestion ... but we need to get in their face to let them know how many of us are dying from chronic lyme and/or CO-INFECTIONS of this god awful disease!! [cussing]

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed his tongue in cheek comments, intended to keep us thinking. (When I put my tongue in my cheek, I usually have to bite it and then eat my words.) I will miss his posts and his presence here.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farewell Greatcod may you know a peace that passes understanding.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear of Greatcod's passing, my condolences to his family and to there loss and ours.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such sad news. I loved Greatcod's posts. I wish his family and friends my deepest sympathy on their loss.
Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, that is awful. How sad. He was one of the funniest and wittiest there was.

Do you know how old he was? Was he elderly?

Hoping you can find obituary information, or have his apt mgr pass on your info to his brother.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please except my most sincere condolences for his family and friends.
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear this. He was so funny...always made me laugh. I hope someone can find the obituary.

This is just too sad.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stunned.

Please extend my heartfelt condolences to his family.

I will certainly miss his posts.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please except my most sincere condolences for Greatcod's family and friends.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i got the opinion line today; i talked briefly about greatcod's recent passing...

emphasized if we had passed lyme research bills, we could come up with DEFINITE LYME TEST to know for sure and prompt treatment/DIAGNOSIS may have helped for him to live longer and QUALITY of life.

i was so sad today talking about this, i didn't use up my 2 minutes ... [group hug] [kiss]

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. You will be greatly missed, Greatcod!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam so sorry and so shocked. May God give piece to his family and friends.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 9 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a member our our support group here on Cape Cod. He had a brilliant mind and great wit.
He suffered mightily from this disease. From what we know he must have died alone....and there has been NO obituary. I had been trying to reach him for over a week.

We are all feeling very sad. He made many contributions to our community with some excellent articles published in the Cape Cod Times. He always hoped he could get his life back. We are trying to find out if there is an obituary in a Rhode Island newspaper where his brother lived, since we have been told that his brother was taking care of the arrangements.

I know he is at peace, but not to even have some acknowledgement that he lived is so tragic in my opinion and in the opinion of all of us who thought so highly of him.

I will share your condolences with our group and thank you so much.

nan

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is incredibly tragic news. I'm sick to my stomach.

I pray that he finally has peace.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a loss. [Frown]
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone reach his brother? Perhaps a memorial service could be held and obituary published by those who knew him and were so close to him.

What about contacting local funeral homes? One of them had to have been involved somehow.

Such a tragic loss. So shocking.

Would anyone at LNE know anything more?

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm SO sorry to read this. [Frown]

God bless him. Sympathy to his friends and family.

- Lymelady

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Nan and HICA, please add my condolances to the others listed. He will be missed. lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HICA
Member # 16442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HICA   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss him and wish I could have done something, anything, to help.

When I posted yesterday, I was still sort of in shock.

Looking at the calendar, the last time I heard from him was Monday, July 7 when he did his usual daily mail between 2 - 4 pm eastern time.

I called him on Wed, the 9th,
highly stressed, and continued hoping he was
in hospital. Even if I had called him the
morning July 8, it was already too late to get him help.

Looking back over the past 3-4 months, he was
slowly becoming worse in all aspects. Then he'd
have a good day or just a couple of good hours
and again became hopeful of reclaiming some
sort of life that was not run by Lyme & Co.
Then he would push himself and have a
crash. This cycle repeated itself numerous
times. As I've done the same cycle, I just
told both of us to knock it off and take it
easy because Lyme & Co not only radically
changes your body but your entire lifestyle.

We humans are dumb stubborn idiots.
The so-called lesser creatures know to take it easy when they don't feel good.

I do not know his brother or even his first name.
All I know is they live in Rhode Island. Maybe
Providence, but I am not sure as we didn't get
into specifics on some things. I am guessing
interment will be in the family plot in RI. But
I could be wrong and probably am wrong.

I believe he turned either 68 or 69 this year.
We didn't do birthdays or holiday greetings
as he didn't want to go there.

Regarding a memorial of some sort, I have
no idea if the brother would be interested in that.
I rather doubt it as they don't believe in Lyme.

I will be offline for a few days. If anyone sees
the obituary, do post.

I have searched a lot of the funeral homes checking their lists of obituaries and have not found anything.
Ditto with the various papers. It is possible that
the body has not been released yet. If so, there won't be an obit until it is released.

Posts: 3 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great loss...he sounds like he was a wonderful person and quite a character.

I always enjoyed reading his posts--so funny and informative too. I'm sure he is in a better, lyme-free place and able now to do all the things he missed.

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nan and hica,

what was his 1st name?

what did he do prior to LYME as a occupation?

he sure had a WONDERFUL SENSE OF HUMOR!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you HICA for letting us know.

Also sending my condolences.

Nan and HICA, do either of you know the cause of death yet?

Family doesn't believe in Lyme? Heck, I wish I could walk around with my head in the sand that deep .... I sure hope they believe now that he's gone.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only been on LymeNet for a few months now....
I didn't know Greatcod...

...I did go back and read some of his posts....

What amazes me is this enormous feeling of sadness that I have of his death for someone that I never even met...

..it doesn't matter our age...our back ground, our career or social status...we all share the same pain and suffering that goes along with this disease...we all know how much he must have suffered.

In telling my Dh...tears filled my eyes...

...Greatcod was one of us......
........fighting this disease ...a war that we are all in.....

we lost one of our own........
Obituary or not.....Greatcod WILL be remembered....

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very sad. I didn't "know" him either but am extremely saddened by this news as we are all family here. This also dims my hopes of recovery.

Does anyone know how long he had Lyme and why his treatment failed?

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked the newspapers but it was a woman in her 70's that they thought had Creudfeltz Jacob's disease. It was in the Cape news.

What was Greatcod's real name? This is very sad because he contributed so much. I hope this is just speculation and not fact.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences to all of his family and friends also. It's so sad to hear that he died alone and that he suffered so.

We all understand about the suffering. I do hope we can get some information on him. I'll miss him too. He kept us in line sometimes!! [Wink]

I'm back in TX myself for the funeral of my sister in law. So while you guys are praying, please add the family of Valarie to your list!

[group hug] Greatcod [group hug]
We love you!! [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Cape Cod Times
Hyannis MA
October 9, 2006

New Lyme guidelines ill-serve sufferers

The Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) has issued new
guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. The
guidelines are torturously and unnecessarily complex, and
unquestioningly will lead to the continuing undertreatment and
nontreatment of Lyme.

This, after 25 years of ''a bull's-eye rash and swollen knees''
as the diagnostic standard, when it in fact accounted for less than
10 percent of initial presentations. Coupled with a blood test, the
ELISA, shown to be little better than chance, we are left here on
the Cape and Islands with hundreds of people with chronic Lyme and
other debilitating syndromes of ''mysterious'' origin, such as
chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.

The IDSA further eschews long-term antibiotic treatment as
useful with chronic Lyme. This is based entirely on one flawed study
where antibiotic treatment was over a relatively short term, and the
experimental group was biased by a shared genetic profile.

Many of us in the Lyme patient community can testify to the
efficacy of long-term antibiotic treatment.

In a Lyme-endemic area, the public deserves far better than
what the IDSA has given us.

Harold Roy
Brewster

--------------------

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GreatCOd was my friend.
I will miss him. He was a good guy.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am really saddened by this news. my condolences to his family and friends. [Frown]

has anyone found an obituary yet? i'm assuming he wrote the article posted above in the cape cod times?

again, i'm so sorry. he will be missed.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HICA
Member # 16442

Sorry, I've returned earlier than planned.

Harold's death is true beyond any shadow of a doubt. I talked with the apartment manager. Neither she nor I have any reason to lie. Riddle me this: WHY
would she or I spend money on long distance telephone calls to each other?

WHY would I wear myself out by spending HOURS on-line unsuccessfully trying to track down the name of the frigging apartment complex until I had a Duh! Moment and called the post office and asked them what the name of the complex at XXXXXX road
is?

I think he was either 68 or 69 this year. He was extremely ticked off ``by them having stolen the past 21 years of my life and they continue to lie and
coverup and get away with it''. We also discussed every aspect of Lyme and certain people and what's likely to happen in the foreseeable future.
I won't go there, so don't ask for details.

I just read sci.med. (shrug) Hey, all I can comment about the brother and s-i-l is what Harold said in emails. May be true, may not be true. This is the
Intertubes, ya know. And he may well have been going for sympathy due to the fact that he was very very very very lonely. He was also alone. There is a difference between the two. The first is very difficult to contend with, especially when
sick. The second is easier but is not for everyone.

I will skip mentions of his work history as it is not pertinent and I don't know his entire history and it matters not a whit on this message board.

Harold LOVED the Boston Red Sox. I don't think he had players' stats memorized but he certainly knew who was pitching or batting well and who was in a slump or physically injured and how long they would be out. He would watch as many games as possible even this year when he was feeling so bad. Some nights he was exhausted and go to bed at 10
and hope for sleep even though the game was still going on. When they were heading toward the World Series, he was soooooo excited;
and when they won!!!!!!! In addition to being a Sox fan, he heartily disliked the Yankees

He hoped to regain his strength to the point where he could take his fishing rod and drive to a pier and see what he could catch. He would have liked to go clamming again but recognized there was no way
he could do all that walking, plus the digging and then hauling the heavy bucket(s) and clamming fork back to the car and drive home safely.

When I would come across a really good written joke, cartoon or Photoshop, I'd send it to him. He'd respond with either That's dumb funny or That's so dumb funny.

He liked watching nature shows especially those about the Great Apes and we'd discuss it. He concluded that they are more civilized than humans and I agreed. Since y'all don't know what we've discussed the past 9 years, y'all don't understand how we came to that conclusion. Let it be.

He used to read a lot but lost the ability to focus and concentrate and take in what he read. He really missed reading.

He taught himself how to type and acknowledged he'd never be good at it because of big klutzy fingers. I googled various speech recognition programs and copied & pasted a couple of posters' comments
who had purchased and tried them out, thinking maybe he could find one cheap on ebay or at one of the thrift stores he visited often. .

He used to fairly regularly lose long emails and would be so frustrated and then write a short mail stating that he lost it and didn't know what he did or where it went and didn't have the energy to re-do it. I also used to do that semi-regularly and sometime earlier this year, I discovered how to get it back and sent him mail describing the process. Don't ask me what it was because I don't remember.

He figured he could live another 10-20 years so he had to make what money he had last that long, or as long as possible. Even last year, he still had hopes he could get to the point where he could take some good photographs and make some money selling them
to tourists. I know he did sell off some of his equipment but I don't know if he sold all of it because hope lingers.

Last year he moved into the current apartment because he had to get away from the old one due to the smoking and extremely odiferous
cooking smells which made him sick. It was so bad he had to use rugs and towels to seal off the front door and he had to use the back door for entry and exit. I'm the same way, so I know it was hell for
him.

He had high hopes for this new apartment but we know how that goes. It is supposed to be a smoke-free environment and the smokers who live there know they are supposed to be off
the premises to smoke. But they don't. They stand outside or maybe sit in their cars. He did talk to the manager but you know how that goes. He said when he moved in there, he was the youngest person there.

When he owned a house, he did a lot of the repairs on his car. Apartment living does not lend to that so he was pretty much stuck with paying for repairs.

His car recently passed the state inspection and he was pleased he didn't have to spend money on it and was looking around for something that got better gas mileage. Even though he didn't want to spend the money, it was either get a car in better shape and
better mileage or spend a couple of thousands on this one which would not improve the mileage..

Last year I suggested he call the city bus people and ask if they have the same deal we have here - city shuttle bus which will pick you up at your door and take you wherever and then return at the time you request and bring you home. The first time he tried it (because he didn't feel up to driving)......they
forgot to come get him. He didn't say anything more about it so I don't know if he ever used it again.

Just to get out and away from the apartment, he would go to the library and work on his writing. A couple of times over the years, I asked what
the topic(s) were. He never responded, so I dropped it. I did encourage him to write some combination of a sci fi, horror, crime, murder mystery book using The Evil Ones for his main characters. I don't know if he ever did that.

One time I sent him the Victory at Sea DVD discs which he thoroughly enjoyed because he liked documentaries and history. He later told me
he lent them to a 90 year old man who lived there and he also enjoyed them since he was there in WW2. Harold also enjoyed watching/listening to Peter Graves who was an excellent choice for the host.

Harold did try to keep exercising as much as he was able. Yoga and walking. Many times last year he would write he had a good walk today. That slowly decreased over time and eventually even a
short walk was sometimes bad. Other times he would say it was short but he felt good. He told me as a child, he loved to walk and walked everywhere for miles.

Once a year he would drive to his parents' graves, usually on or near Memorial Day. I cannot remember if he made it this year or not.

Harold, if you can read this--------I am happy your pain is over, but being selfish, I miss you. I'm glad we were friends outside of Lyme.

See ya later.

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for telling us more about the harold you got to know and love as a friend and outside of lyme! [group hug]
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx, HICA - very sad news here - he was very intelligent and very funny.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HICA, glad to know he had such a good friend.

I too will miss him, have been reading his intelligent comments on various lyme forums for years.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just stunned.

I will miss him.

He was without a doubt the king of the excellently-placed one-liner.

Thanks for letting us know.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement