LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Licorice Root Extract -- for coughs, adrenals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Licorice Root Extract -- for coughs, adrenals
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
LICORICE ROOT LINKS

Note: an excellent cough drop. Helps nourish lungs and calm stomach. Good for adrenals.

my notes, not a complete set, though. The exact links would not go through the computer system for some reason. But there is enough to find them them from the main sites.

www.naturalnews.com -- full links won't post here. Search "Licorice" at this site for 2 articles:

Discover the health benefits of licorice

April 22, 2011 by: Fleur Hupston

Licorice root proven effective against oral infections

January 12, 2012 by: Tara Green

From “The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook” (Tillotson, et.al.)

www.tillotsoninstitute.com - search "Licorice" to see full chapter

LICORICE ROOT (Glycyrrhiza glabra)

[Be sure to read the whole page & also research from other authors]

Excerpt:

. . . We now know that the negative effects of licorice overdose, such as blood pressure elevation and fluid retention, are caused primarily by its dose-dependent inhibition of a specific enzyme called 11-HSD.

Analysis reveals that this inhibition occurs only after multiple doses of 1.5 grams per day of pure glycyrrhizic acid.

Daily doses of 500 mg. or less cause little or no problem . . . . In other words, licorice root is safe when used in proper dosage.

. . . .

WHERE TO FIND: (let 2-4 of the bits melt a little while in the "well" of lower mouth and any rough edges can melt away.)

www.tahomadispensary.com

Tahoma Clinic Dispensary

Search: Zagarese 100% Organic Licorice, Original

- made in Italy using only the finest southern Italian organically grown licorice plant root.

Zagarese website:

www.thelicoricecompany.com/

The Organic LICORICE Company

What is DGL (and why should I be concerned)?

Excerpt:

. . . Zagarese licorice comes from a species (glycyrrhiza glabra) grown in the southern part of Italy. Its natural glycyrrhizin content is only about 5%, so there is no need to deglycyrrhizinate it.

The Zagarese company has been producing pure licorice extract as its sole product since 1886, using only organic methods of cultivation. . . .

also found at:

www.amazon.com

Amazon Marketplace - Search: Zagarese 100% Organic Licorice
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I find this very soothing to the throat and calming to a cough - can be added to warm water or any tea. I get it from Tahoma Dispensary but that same brand can be found in various places.

www.tahomadispensary.com

Magic Fruit (Three Treasure)- Lo Han Kuo

www.itmonline.org ITM, search for:

LUO HAN GUO: Sweet Fruit Used as Sugar Substitute and Medicinal Herb- by Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D.

http://bodyecology.com Search terms:

Luo Han Guo:

The Essentials and Interesting Insights You Need to Know About This Healing Fruit

& for Lakanto
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am intersted in the Zagarese 100% Organic Licorice

but just want to try a box to begin with

too fogged in to figure out how to order a box at this time

i did see that i could order one on amazon but couldn't figure out the add on thing

i'll go back when the brain is less fogged in

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
The "Add-On" thing with Amazon is a way they can offer small items with no shipping if the overall total of your order is over $35. - it does not have to be all of the same thing but they all must have that "Free shipping with $35. total purchase" note on them.

There are three different sites to order in in the post above. And this may be available at others, too.

I know that you can order just one box from Tahoma clinic . . . and maybe also at Amazon. When you search the name at Amazon, you may see different choices of how many to order - sometimes one choice for just about anything will be a bunch of them.

I wish I could post the exact links but this computer system is very picky sometimes and blocks certain URLs even if they don't have the "html" thing they think they detect (and block for some reason).

It has me so frustrated that I'm about to forget trying to post any links. It took me 2 days to figure out how to get just what is in that post above. It was just getting blocked, attempt after attempt until I just deleted all specific URLs to products.

Sometimes, this computer system just won't take any links and it just gets twitchy from time to time - usually, it's a breeze. If I find those specific links might go through later, I'll try if I get the energy.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Many natural foods stores may also carry this or a similar item. Just be sure the same key issues match up if you get a different brand. Not all are the same.

Some gourmet food shops will also carry licorice bit in a metal tin. Again, you'd have to research the source but detail in post above tells you how to determine the best kind.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
For instance, at first glance, this one looks like a good choice. But it is not. They make it very hard to find where their ingredients are listed an it's sure not on all sites where they have this marketed. A big clue when it's so hard to find out ingredients and their sources.

Organic? Yes, but not so fast. It is not pure licorice . . . has all sorts of other stuff added:

But, these little tins are what I'm talking about. there are other brands out there, many at gourmet shops, too. I had found one years ago that was just perfect. But it fell off the radar.

http://www.vitaminlife.com/product-exec/PNAME/Licorice-Sweets-Tin--Organic-/product_id/42792?gclid=CJbWye2BhLwCFQmIfgodIyYAZA

Licorice Sweets-Tin (Organic)

St. Claires Licorice Pastilles

Ingredients:

Organic molasses granules, organic evaporated cane juice, licorice root powder, anise and fennel essential oils.

NOT good with additives. And so NOT necessary. They are just trying to cut their costs. Nothing should be added, absolutely nothing.
-

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks keebler. When the brain is working better and vision andprocessing , I will trya gain.

I know it makes a difference.

I did a serach with vitacost but not sure if the products they ahve are good ones.

Typing this with eyes closed.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As I recall, I could not find a suitable one at VitaCost. For a LOGENZE / TREAT that is. They may well have good quality licorice capsules or licorice in adrenal formula.

The only brand of LOGENZE / TREAT to melt in mouth - I can recommend is this one. There may be others out there its equal but you can look further. This has all that I seek so I'll stop here. Three places to get it:

www.tahomadispensary.com

Tahoma Clinic Dispensary

Search: Zagarese 100% Organic Licorice, Original

- made in Italy using only the finest southern Italian organically grown licorice plant root.

Zagarese website:

www.thelicoricecompany.com/

The Organic LICORICE Company

What is DGL (and why should I be concerned)?

Excerpt:

. . . Zagarese licorice comes from a species (glycyrrhiza glabra) grown in the southern part of Italy. Its natural glycyrrhizin content is only about 5%, so there is no need to deglycyrrhizinate it.

The Zagarese company has been producing pure licorice extract as its sole product since 1886, using only organic methods of cultivation. . . .

also found at:

www.amazon.com

Amazon Marketplace - Search: Zagarese 100% Organic Licorice
-

Annie C
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler it's also used for estrogen. Thank for all the web sites to guide us old Lymer Timer

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement