LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » NEW Lyme Book- Highly Recommended

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW Lyme Book- Highly Recommended
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of our very first, most wonderful and sincerely dedicated Lyme treating doctors, Dr. L******, has completed his book, "In the Crucible of Chronic Lyme Disease”.

It it over 850 pages long and contains photos of many of the people in the Lyme Community. A real treasure!

My Personal Notes- Dr. L has been one of our most dedicated advocates since day one, never losing his compassion and always sticking his neck on the chopping block in spite of the dangers in order to educate other doctors and the public about this “emerging disaster”.

He has always taken on the toughest cases, never hesitating to reach out to anyone in need. Dr. L is one of the most kind and generous doctors on this planet, and an extremely brilliant physician.

Dr. L has been politically active in both Congress and with State legislators, being the “expert” we've needed to support our positions.

He is one of only a few who has dared to speak out publicly to help raise awareness and make positive changes.

When many of us had no access to Lyme treatment or Lyme treating doctors (the first decade after Lyme was discovered and longer), including myself and thousands of others, we literally survived by reading his various publications and using that information to “teach” ourselves and those who needed instruction on what should be done.

Many of us are alive today due to Dr. L’s efforts.

The list of amazing things Dr. L has accomplished is so long it would take me forever to list them all.

I have some interesting stories to tell about Dr. L, but I’d rather you just read his book. I just got my copy and by flipping through it appears to be filled with LOTS of good information- history, science and as he has on the cover “collected writings and associated materials”.

Oh, and lots of wonderful pictures too. (He is not only a talented musician, he is a photographer too.)

Ordering information….

The book is available exclusively through Xlibris.

Go to: www.xlibris.com

Go to ‘bookstore’ (top center of screen) and in search box (top right) enter the title:

In the Crucible of Chronic Lyme Disease

Scroll down past the Advanced Search section and you will see 3 choices, E-book, hardcover and softcover.

And a special thanks to Dr. L for all he has done for all of us. Congratulations on getting the book finished!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, ordering info to find it easily...

The book is available exclusively through Xlibris.

Go to: www.xlibris.com

Go to ‘bookstore’ (top center of screen) and in search box (top right) enter the title:

In the Crucible of Chronic Lyme Disease

Scroll down past the Advanced Search section and you will see 3 choices, E-book, hardcover and softcover.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup, Thanks so much for the info. Based on the synopsis, it's hard for me to tell if the book is more about the plight of Lyme or has educational/treatment info on Lyme.

Is it similar to dr. H's book? Would one be able to find more information on treatment and the nature/biology, etc. in the book?

Thanks, again.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am buying his book.

Without me being a patient, he spoke with me at least on two occasions - for lengthy periods - on my case and theory. He did nothing he should not have, eg diagnose or prescribe. But we spoke theory and politics like we were best friends.

Not that it should matter, but I agreed with everything he said.

Posts: 228 | From Unitied States | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey me,

I just got it and have not read it yet, just flipped through. I can only comment on the man who wrote it right now.

BUT, I had someone share some insights on the book with me this morning who has read parts of it. I've just contacted them to see if I can share their comments online. If so I'll be back to share.

BTW- you will rarely, if ever, see me do book reviews these days. My vision is so poor now that I can't read regular books or papers anymore, unless they are online and I can make them Size Huge!

For that reason I haven't read Dr. H's book, but the reviews I have on it from others is all good.

I WILL make it through Dr. L's new book, but it will take a while. So as they say, don't wait on me little darling!

Duncan- I too find him incredible, generous and amazing. I've never been his patient, never was that lucky, but he is open to helping all.

He's been there for all of us since day one and is still going at it. Bless his heart!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much, Tincup!
Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He saved my life...thats for sure. And got me well enough to raise my babies

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey me,

Got a response to my question if I could share the info. He said...

"Of course you can use my comments, and my name if you please.

I am picking and choosing from the chapters in the book. It is too formidable to try to just plow through it. Eventually I will read it all.

It is truly the history of Lyme, and as a newcomer, it will be so valuable to know from where we have come."

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
His previous comments about book...

"I am fortunate to be a patient of Dr. LXXXXXX, just coming up on my first annual visit next month.

It will take me some time to get through his book which documents his experience and expertise.

The vignette starting on page 29, “The Girl Without a Face” is a testimonial to his humanity.

I have already found the following greatly valuable (page 190-227):

“Controversies in Lyme Disease”

“NIAID/NIAMS State of the art workshop”

“Practice Protocol for Nurse Practitioner Diagnosis of Lyme Disease”

“Update to Practice Protocol for Nurse Practitioner”

“General Approach to Intravenous Antibiotic Treatment for Lyme Disease”

“Suggested Protocol for Intra-muscular Ceftriaxone Usage”

For me, a new-comer to being a patient, and in the future a provider, this book is a true “Lyme and associated issues” educational course, from start to current.

Thank you Dr. XXXXXX."

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

So yes, there appears to be some treatment info, a lot about the tests, and to be honest- about 14 pages for just the Table of Contents, way to much to copy here.

Another comment from someone responding to me...

"I, too, just got it and it looks like a treasure documenting details of the Lyme science and history of the Lyme disease battle. Both those who have been in this battle for years and those who are new to it would find it fascinating."

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Kayak,

And I am so very glad he did my dear! You are an important part of all our lives.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

Thanks soooo much for the info! Very appreciated.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey me- Congrats on 100 posts!

I'm thinking you want to know if this is a "how to" treat Lyme book. If that is the case, I don't think so. As you mentioned, Dr. H's book (and Dr. S's books several years ago) are sort of that format.

BUT, I can not say for sure, at least till I read it.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

Hey, Tincup! Thanks so much for the congrats on 100 posts. So many people, including you, have helped me in so many ways. I can't express how grateful I am to you, all the people who help each other, and this site.

TF helped me find a great LLMD, and so many people and posts are helping to educate me through this mess. I try to give back with the info I have learned.

I see you don't have PM activated. How long have you been educating yourself and dealing with Lyme and MSIDS?

Thanks for being amazing!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement