LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » LETTER FROM DR. JONES 6/30/06

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LETTER FROM DR. JONES 6/30/06
Dr. Jones
Member # 9524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Jones         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Valued Patients and Friends;

As you know, I am under investigation by the Connecticut Medical Examining Board for the long-term treatment of Lyme Disease and coinfections in two siblings that resided outside of Connecticut. Three hearings have already taken place regarding this case, and I am very optimistic and confident about the two to follow in September 2006.

My attorneys, Elliott Pollack, Esq and Lorraine Johnson, JD are working diligently to represent my case in such a way that I will be able to continue treating children with Lyme Disease. However, the expense for my attorneys has been formidable, and my Legal Defense Fund is nearly depleted.

I NEED YOUR MONETARY SUPPORT NOW in order to continue to fight this battle and win. At this time, I need to raise $50,000, which would carry us through two more hearings and hopefully the situation will end at that point.

Please help me fight this battle by donating money to my Legal Defense Fund. I have appointed George Heath III as the guardian of my Fund and ALL checks from this point forward are to be sent directly to him. Checks are to be written as follows:

Charles Ray Jones, MD
Legal Defense Fund
c/o George Heath III
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
(in the check memo field please place the word "gift")

I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts to help me in this time of need and we all need to continue to contribute in order for there to be a successful outcome which allows me to continue treating children with Lyme Disease and coinfections.

This is my calling and I intend on continuing to service these children, but I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Sincerely,

Charles Ray Jones, MD

P.S. Please distribute this letter through internet communication.

Posts: 3 | From New Haven, CT | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jones,
Thank you for your personal post and request for additional funds to pay for your defense attorneys in your fight to maintain your medical license to treat LYME children.

I have been forwarding notes about your situation.

I even got an email off to my source whose nephew works for movie producer Steven Spielberg's DREAMWORKS production comany asking for charitable funding for:

1. your defense expenses...NOT tax deductible but is helping CHILDREN cope with their lyme disease.

2. funding for the lyme documentary UNDER YOUR SKIN..

3. $200,000 funding needed to OPEN the doors of Columbia's Research Center.

I have my fingers crossed that my detailed email with links about your case & other 2 projects will get directly in Steven's hands for his consideration.

So we all have been trying in one way or another to KEEP YOU DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST ... caring for the lyme children in USA/elsewhere!

God bless you Dr. Jones for everything you have done; we'll keep on, keeping on. Have a good July 4th; this will be left in God's hands, and majority of us on here are BELIEVERS.
Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope that lots of you "worker bees" are out there this week-end talking to family, friends, and community members about the urgent need to support Dr. Jones' legal defense fund.

Holiday week-ends are a golden opportunity to network for those well enough to do a little socializing.

Printing out a handful of copies of the info at www.DefendLymeDoctors.com will make the subject of the fund easier to broach and make it easy for your friends to take the next step when they get home.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Join the "Hundred Dollar" club lymenet friends. As of Sunday 5:15, we have three people offering to commit to sending $100.00. If we can raise $1,000.00 today, fightfirewithwater, has someone who will match our combined $1,000.00. See the post in Medical for more information on this.

This is so important to all of us.

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially for moms and dads,

What about contacting pre-schools, play groups, etc., to inform parents, teachers, school administrators, and School Board members about the risk of loosing Dr. Jones and how they can help. Explain how expensive it is for everyone including the school system if treatment is delayed or inadequate. Explain how a contribution to Dr. Jones' fund is a good insurance policy for them as well as parents and children.

[ 03. July 2006, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: FightFireWithWater ]

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Nobody likes asking for money even, or maybe especially, in the case of family members and friends. I'm wondering if it would be easier if we paired with someone: You call my list, I'll call yours?

Probably this should only be done with someone you know personally. On the other hand, if you would like one of our passionately committed, demonstrably persuasive parents or others to give it a try, maybe those willing to make such calls could make themselves known.

--------------------

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Please read Mo's latest eloquent post on Dr. Jones to further understand why supporting him when he is being attacked on grounds that do not merit his being hauled up before his licensing board is so worthy of your consideration.

(Mo, did my messages to you get through?)

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent the below letter from me/Dr. Jones to the Detroit newspaper in relationship to the article last week on this 16 year old LYME child, Cameron Holloway.

Felt it would be a great way to expand on Cameron's story about CHILDREN'S LLMD's; such as Dr. Jones. I felt...work on the reader's hearts and POCKET BOOKS $$! [Big Grin]

7-22-06, Detroit Newspaper article

Great lyme disease article on Cameron Holloway . You did an excellent job getting things right. I was so glad you included also the wonderful, accurate lyme disease web site at the end!

When I read Cameron's touching story, I couldn't help but think of his/other children's LLMD, lyme literate MD, and wish to share the following TRUE experience and letter with you, the readers.

If you were as touched in your hearts as I was, please consider sending money for Dr. Charles Ray Jones, a Conn. LLMD, good- lyme-literate MD who has treated 10,000 LYME children!

If you were touched, please read the letter below asking for funds go to Dr. Jones' so he may continue teaching lyme disease children. Dr. Jones is one a HANDUL of good LLMD, Please help him continue treating your/our lyme disease children. Donations are NOT tax deductible.

Dr. Jones treats ONLY LYME CHILDREN from all over the USA and Canada.

``Dear Valued Patients and Friends;

As you know, I am under investigation by the Connecticut Medical Examining Board for the long-term treatment of Lyme Disease and confections in two siblings that resided outside of Connecticut. Three hearings have already taken place regarding this case, and I am very optimistic and confident about the two to follow in September 2006.

My attorneys, Elliott Police, Esq. and Lorraine Johnson, JD are working diligently to represent my case in such a way that I will be able to continue treating children with Lyme Disease. However, the expense for my attorneys has been formidable, and my Legal Defense Fund is nearly depleted.

I NEED YOUR MONETARY SUPPORT NOW in order to continue to fight this battle and win. At this time, I need to raise $50,000, which would carry us through two more hearings and hopefully the situation will end at that point.

Please help me fight this battle by donating money to my Legal Defense Fund. I have appointed George Heath III as the guardian of my Fund and ALL checks from this point forward are to be sent directly to him. Checks are to be written as follows:

Charles Ray Jones, MD
Legal Defense Fund
c/o George Heath III
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492

(in the check memo field please place the word "gift")

I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts to help me in this time of need and we all need to continue to contribute in order for there to be a successful outcome which allows me to continue treating children with Lyme Disease and co-infections.
Sincerely,
Dr. Charles Ray Jones"

Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]
I'm copying this to the 4 sections Dr. Jones posted this in to give others IDEAS of writing this newspaper.

Look in GENERAL for CONCERNED MOTHER'S post about her/son's live interview with media!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=015433#000005

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay mass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay mass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letter from Doctor Jones, August 29, 2006

Dear Valued Patients and Friends;

I want to update you on my current legal situation, as my hearings continue into the Fall, and matters have become more tedious and time consuming.
There have been several recent developments in the Connecticut Medical Examining Boards' case against me, which has required considerable time and expense for both my Legal Defense Counsel and for myself. For this reason, I am asking for your help again now, by continuing to make contributions to my Legal Defense Fund.

I am confident in my attorneys and optimistic about the outcome of my case, however, continued perseverance is required at this time in preparation for my 4th hearing with the Connecticut Medical Examining Board scheduled to
take place on Thursday, September 7, 2006 at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford, CT at 9:00a.m. in Room 1E. If you find the time in your schedule to attend my hearing, your support would be much appreciated on my
behalf.

I continue to maintain a strong commitment to the delivery of long term antibiotic treatment for children with Lyme disease and coinfections, as Lyme disease remains a rising global epidemic, and proper and timely health
care for children is of paramount importance, but I NEED YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT. Please donate what you can to the:

Charles Ray Jones, MD
Legal Defense Fund
c/o George Heath III
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492

(please place the word "gift" in the check memo field)

I genuinely want to thank all of you who have helped me in the various ways to step forward and stand strong during this difficult time for all of us.

Sincerely,
Charles Ray Jones, MD

Posts: 195 | From MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay mass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay mass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELP! Urgent Update from Dr. Jones - Please distribute!!!

CHARLES RAY JONES, M.D.
Madison Towers
111 Park Street, 1st Floor
New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Tel (203) 772-1123 Fax (203) 772-0682

March 10, 2007

Dear Friends,

Your tremendous expression of support continues to overwhelm me. I cannot put into words my heartfelt joy, appreciation and love for you all. The charges against me have provided great challenge, but I remain optimistic. I know that my approach to treatment is sound, and maintain my belief that justice ultimately will be served. I also have tremendous confidence in my legal team, which has been working diligently to enable me to prevail.

We have just entered the second year of legal hearings, however, and my legal defense fund is nearly depleted. My ability to mount an appropriate defense, from a financial perspective, is now in jeopardy (legal expenses have been averaging $1000 per day), and will depend on my ability to continue to meet the high cost of this lengthy and complex process. I currently need a fund of $150,000, to be in a position to fight the charges. In order to achieve this, I need your financial backing, in the form of as generous a donation as your circumstances will allow. It pains me greatly to have to ask this of you, knowing the tremendous burdens that Lyme disease already has imposed on so many. It is critical, however, that I retain my license, in order to preserve timely access to appropriate, comprehensive treatment for the children who are so very ill.

Checks should be made out to the ``Charles Ray Jones, M.D. Legal Defense Fund'' (write ``gift'' in the memo section), and mailed to the CRJMDLDF c/o George Heath, III (CPA), 26 Fairlawn Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.

Alternatively, credit card donations to the legal defense fund may be made through a PayPal account: www.DefendLymeDoctors.com

Thank you for your continued support, your prayers and good wishes. Regarding your many letters of encouragement, please know that I read and appreciate every single one.

Sincerely,

Charles Ray Jones, M.D.

Posts: 195 | From MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement