I haven’t logged in for a while..trying to stay positive… I have been doing decent on my recent protocols. I am about 60% right now. I am a little worried though that perhaps all of these meds are taking a toll on my body and digestive tract.
I have been having some abdominal pains after eating over the past few days. I am awaiting testing to find out more but, I think it may be gastritis, gerd, gall bladder, ulcer or something related to the bowels…im not sure. But, I also just found out I am iron deficient. I have never had an iron deficiency before!!
Could these problems be cropping up from the long term antibiotic/med use? Should I be doing more from my end to support my body? My doctor has not asked me to do any special dieting… How can I better support my body’s healing process? Should I go on one of the restrictive diets? Are there any books that can be recommended? Do ir saunas? Castor oil packs..detoxes… any suggestions to get me back on track?
Posts: 73 | From Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2011
| IP: Logged |
DIET, DIET, DIET is the key. Then, be sure to follow the 5 step plan outlined below. It was developed by my naturopath. It works.
"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."
Five Steps to Candida Elimination:
1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.
2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]
3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]
4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]
5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]
-------------------- --Lymetutu-- Opinions, not medical advice! Posts: 94168 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001
| IP: Logged |