LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does this Picture look like Bartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does this Picture look like Bartonella
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend has come to my home and help me with my kids. She has many symptoms of Lyme, so we did a test with my Rife machine.

She appears to have herxed pretty hard from Lyme, Babs, and Bart frequencies and appears to be coming out of the herx now.

Symptoms pre Rife:

Told she was bipolar, yet only see Manic like symtpoms and she reports No Depression ever.

Hot and cold spells, like 5 min. periods of sweating profusely followed by chills mult. x during the day.

Headaches/joint pain many mos. now.

Motion sickness and Anxiety

Post Rife: Exacerbation of above, so bad, that she went to the ER as she was having terrible Air-hunger.

So the picture below was taken of her back last night as I noticed a small area at the base of her back. This rash has come and gone now 3 times over the last 3 days. I think it's Bart, but wanted your guys opinions.

She will seeing my LLMD in about a week for testing, but I thing this pretty much sums it up and the need for immediate treatment.

Appreciate your thoughts...

Gary

-

[ 11-21-2010, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: lymetwister ]

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As long as she has ruled out other possibilities (a new shirt with textile chemicals, new laundry products, new personal care products, scratching, etc.) . . . then I would strongly suspect bartonella. Sure looks like it.

Together with the symptoms she experiences (and that the rash is a reaction to rife - it was not there before), sure sounds highly likely.

There are so many strains of bart that tests may not be accurate. I hope she has a good LLMD to consult. Good thing she has the photos.
-

[ 11-22-2010, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it just be stretch marks? I have many of those same marks and am overweight. [Frown] I've got no idea and am not trying to make any rude comments of course. I'm just looking at all possibilities before jumping to a conclusion.

Her reaction to rife seems suspicious though.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point. could be bartonella or stretch marks. best to see a doctor trained in lyme.
Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This rash has come and gone now 3 times over the last 3 days."

Well, I know from experience that run of the mill stretch marks don't come and go. I have plenty of them and I wish they'd just go...permanently.

So don't know what to make of this. But seems like a very good idea for your friend to see the LLMD.

The anxiety could be bart or lyme or who knows? The sweating/chills could be babesia or lyme but again who knows? Headaches and joint pains could be anything. She just really needs a full workup. You are a good friend.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point and them coming and going AlanaSuzanne. You're right.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to derail your topic, but I have a question related to this type of rash/marking.

I used to think I had stretch marks too. It was hard to believe, because I'm 6'0 tall and never got over 200lbs, but I was also about 16 when a developed and a little heavy set for that age.

I having similar marks on the right side of my waist. I can't recall if they were ever bright red like that, but they are still there and they look more like scars.

Now, who has successfully treated Bart and the markings? I never quite knew if the markings returned to regular skin or if you'll have leftover scar-like marks from the rash.

[EDIT: Actually, now that I feel them, they are scars. they indented when I run my finger over them. About 3 lines longer than 4 inches.]

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seekhelp, Like I tell my family and friends over and over again....I am always right [Smile] My life would be soooo much easier if they all just accepted that.

Wolfed out...a lot of ppl have stretch marks. Be happy that you can't recall if they were ever red. If they look like scars and are whitish, maybe you shouldn't worry so much.

And about the Bart, absolutely get yourself evaluated and treated if need be. And if you have Bart you don't necessarily have to have stretch-marks or a rash. There are plenty of people out there with Bart who don't own a single stretch mark.

And stretch-marks, well anyone can get those and most of the time they aren't related to TBD.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana, I should have been more clear. I'm positive for Bartonella. Whether the marks are Bart-induced.. that's the question.

But, what I was really looking for is... Who has had the Bartonella markings, and treated Bart... did the marks go away, or did they leave a scar?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

If you're pos for Bart, you most definitely need to treat regardless of any "markings".

Do you have a good LLMD??? The most important thing is getting treatment, especially since you know you are pos for bart.

Who cares if the "marks" went away or whether they left a scar?

Believe me, the cosmetic aspect is the least of the problem. Get yourself treated.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adrenal disease can cause striae (addisons and cushings). The bart striae that I got were wider and dark red to purple but I think there is a wide variety.

I watched a presentation on bart where the doctor said the rash does not come and go but I've heard a number of ppl say that theirs do. He said the rash goes when treated successfully. That's what happened with mine.

My rash would get really dark when I took a bath and would lighten up after.

I watched the Fried DVD on bartonella and here are my notes on rashes:

RASHES
rash - deep purple - hard - they are a result of new red blood vessels being made. You get the rash from inflammation. They don't fade without treatment.

Has been described as any of these:
Rashes are maculaopapular (they are flat)
urticarial (means itching)
erythema nodosum - hard firm nodule
granuloma annulaire ring worm appears round - elevated
thrombocytopenic purpura - pinpoint rashes

My tests were negative but a rash appeared after I had been on treatment for lyme for awhile.

I don't know what the difference is between stretch marks and a bartonella rash but one thing to look for is if they are at an angle or place where you would not expect stretch marks. Check your body over to make sure you don't have them anywhere else, even behind the knees.

a full work-up seems like a good idea.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kids have had Bart streaks for years. If you google "bartonella rash" you'll see what they look like (the ones on the man's hip).

They started out purple but are now mostly clear or white and sometimes a little pink.

They are thicker than the photo above. I wouldn't consider those streaks but scratches.

When my husband started Bart treatment, he got very thin long scratches (at least 4" long), much like in the photo above, on either side of his backbone. They lasted for 2 days.

My 2 cents to your question, lymetwister, is that although I have not seen marks looking just like that in that same location, I would think Bart.

Bart because it does give scratches and you said these come and go (not a regular scratch).

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerryK, thanks for that great information!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

OK.. if anyone can answer my question, please PM me.. Thanks!
17hens
Member # 23747

Wolfed Out,

I didn't answer because I dont' know.

My daughter is still in treatment and still has stripes.

My son just started treatment a month ago and still has stripes.

My husband got stripes and scratches and rashes during treatment but all only lasted a few days at most, then disappeared.

Hope you find someone who can give you a better answer.

I will PM this to you also.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I can't place it but I think I recall having read that, sometimes, bart streaks can be a fine lines, not always thick and purple. Wish I could remember where I read that. It was a LLMDs work, though.

About the coming and going - it's important to note this was in response to bart rife frequencies - so there was a challenge.

But, as mentioned above, adrenal dysfunction can cause streaks, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that isn't a bart rash I will eat my hat. I have seen tons of different barsh rashes in books and on the net not to mention on myself. They can vary not all bart rashes are even streaks. No doubt the rife gave it a kick and the results are the streaks in the picture. When I first started rifing for bart I had similiar streaks.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

I agree with jarjar. Will you share your hat or should I bring my own?

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can't place it but I think I recall having read that, sometimes, bart streaks can be a fine lines, not always thick and purple. Wish I could remember where I read that. It was a LLMDs work, though.
Keebler, do you mean the second picture in this article:

SAMPLE COLOR IMAGES OF BARTONELLA ACTIVE STRIATIONS?

[ 11-24-2010, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: kadee ]

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
kadee,

Thanks for the great detective work. Yes, that is the photo I was talking about. Actually, #2-#6 are all finer than most think of.

In another thread today, someone posted that HHV-4 (EBV) and Cpn (Chlamydia Pneumonia) can also also cause striations.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/101152

Topic: Has anyone read (or do you recommend) "Bartonella: Diagnosis & Treatment" by Dr. S?

karenl posted:

The photos [in Dr. S�s Bartonella book] can be bartonella, but all the photos look the same for chlamydophila pneumonia.

It also does the red lines and my virus doctor said Herpes 4 does the red lines as well. . . .
-

joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like bartonella to me.
Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement