LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Electrical Sensation in Face

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Electrical Sensation in Face
Rianna
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just started Byron Whites AL Complex and have had some massive Herx's but I keep getting an Electrical sensation in my face,tongue like an electrical Headache with twitching, feels like my face/Head is charged.

It also feels like my body is kinda electrical and misfiring

I used to have this years ago before diagnosis but on this Byron Herb its very severe

Is this a die off - If so what bug can cause this as it literally feels like I am killing or aggrivating a bug HARD

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure 'which' bug, but I've noticed a definitive correlation between the severity of my symptoms and solar/geomagnetic events like this one, and I've been checking this website daily for years now...

http://spaceweather.com/

DODGING BULLETS: A magnetic filament winding around the sun's north pole untwisted explosively on Nov. 24th, hurling bits of itself into space. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the action in a movie entitled Lasso:

The eruption was not Earth-directed--polar eruptions never are--so no auroras or geomagnetic storms are expected as a result of the blast. Remarkably, the Lasso was just one of three filaments that erupted on Nov. 24th, all missing Earth. The other two may be seen here. With no filaments or sunspots directly facing our planet, the misses are expected to continue and Earth-effects should remain low through the American Thanksgiving holiday.

...I felt HORRIFIC (worse than just normal bad) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Once these 3 filaments erupted though, I felt sooo much better. I had the first normal BM in months, my sinuses were open for the first time in years, just felt wonderful! Today I'm back to normal lousy though:-(

This could easily explain your electrical symptoms. It says it wasn't earth-directed, but I beg to differ with the effect it had on me. I actually had twitching things going on...mainly the left side of my face (cheek, eyelids)...when they hadn't yet erupted...

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that sensation when I still had a lot of different dental metals in my mouth. I was also allergic to them. Full Moon and parasites
also cause problems for many.

Hope you find the answer to feel good all the time.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riannabri
Member # 25579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riannabri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be bug or toxin/herx related as I am herxing HARD on the Byron herbs and have not had it for years (I had this when 1st ill but not since) - so has to be related to Herx/Die Off or Bug

But yes it could be Parasite related as the Byron herbs also target parasites

Was just interested to know other peoples experiences

Posts: 22 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

When you target parasites, you are releasing toxic metals because they store them. Be careful with reabsorption and redistribution of toxic metals.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be describing a mild case of trigeminal neuralgia. I got this when I had lyme. It usually affects only one side of the face. It is the 3-branch facial nerve firing, usually due to chewing or any other type of stimuli. It means lyme is attacking that facial nerve.

Google it and see if it sounds like what you have in the face. Mine was a severe electrical shock sensation that made me scream out.

If you want, you can try taking Benadryl to relieve the inflammation of that facial nerve. I tried many things (cranio-sacral therapy, etc.), and this was the only thing that helped.

If it gets really severe, you won't be able to stand it, and you will have to eat just soft things as chewing can set it off every time. Once it is set off enough, it just can happen at any time. Sure hope you don't get to that point. It can be a living hell.

Sounds like you are herxing on your treatment. Drink lots of water to flush out your system and eat lemons to cleanse your body also.

Hope you are over this very soon.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dali
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot of twitching-dystonia in the face/neck area of my body. I also have been diagnosed with lyme. Chewing and clenching really sets it off. Facial twitching and other disorders of cranial nerves are not uncommon.

I am in treatment with antibiotics, but also take a small dose of clonazepam to calm the hyperexcitability of my nervous system. it helps although I do not like being on more pills.

I have learned to keep my mouth and teeth apart all day long. I also take alot of vitamin B and magnesium.

If this continues, see a neurologist. While they won't buy the Lyme idea, it doesn't matter, perhaps you can get some medication to manage the symptoms as you treat.

Good luck. I am doing alot better since I have been in treatment although I am not cured. But I am managing.

Posts: 172 | From ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has happened to my wife on several occasions. Both Lyme and Bart die off triggered numbness, nerve pain, weakness, and various other nerve related symptoms.

All of it has cleared up after these pathogens are reduced. I am speculating you will recover also, if you can reduce the infections. Only time will tell.

I think taking Coconut Oil may help repair any damage done. The fats may speed up recovery, and can't hurt in any case.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dan, can you elaborate on how to take the coconut oil? I have a jar of virgin coconut oil and I make stuff with it... but is there a more medicinal regimen we can stick to? Not that I think my 11 year old is going to eat a spoonful of it... yuck!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Having been brought up with coconut oil, we put it on good bread, dark light crusty or garlic bread, anything; I like it well on thin all rye bread from Europe available in a number of stores here, just like butter, sprinkle a tiny bit of red salt on it and it tastes delicious. With some good bread, you can easily use a couple of spoons full. But I don't think I could swallow it down without something to go with it.

Try it, you may like it!

Best wishes to you and your son!

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just taken a spoonful of it daily when I used it as a treatment for Crohn's Disease. Since it is a food, I do not think of it, or really use it as a medicine, but something to put into my regular diet.

Now, I use it to fry eggs in, or any other place where I would use some other kind of oil or butter. You certainly can use it in place of butter in many instances.

Nerve tissue and the brain in particular uses fats and cholesterol for repair and energy to function. If you use Turmeric for inflammation control, it is good to take it with any coconut oil, as it absorbs better this way.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly think it is a die off, as my Herx's have been harder on the Byron Herbs than any Antibiotic

Strange you should mention COCONUT OIL as My LLND has me do this as part of an Phospholipid Exchange to displace toxic residues in the brain and to repair cell damage

I have to use the following daily:=

1 Dessert spoon or organic coconut oil
1 Dessert Spoon of Hemp seen Oil
1/2 teaspoon of sunflower oil
3 Phospholidy Choline (they come in a capsule but will blend)

Mix all together in a blender with water and drink

Here is her Info on it:-

Phospholipid exchange is a technique for supplying the correct proportion of fats and oils in a bioavailable form to replenish cell membranes and membranes within cells.

The basic membrane structure is made up of phosphatidylcholine.

Membranes then need the right proportion of omega 6 to 3 oils, i.e. 4:1. Hemp oil is very close to this ratio at 3.8:1. (Hemp oil is not the same as linseed oil!) So, add in a small amount of sunflower oil, say 5%.

The perfect fuel for brain cells is coconut oil, which is rich in medium chain triglycerides.

If there is poor digestion or poor gall bladder function for any reason then adding bile salts may be very helpful by further emulsifying fats and facilitating digestion and absorption.

Providing an abundance of clean oils helps to displace oils in the brain which hold polluting heavy metals, pesticides, volatile organic compounds etc. That is to say, these "clean" fats will displace "dirty" fats and also help detoxification

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Rianna, I would love to know where(or what brand) you get the phospholipid choline.

Any way to make this taste good?
(I doubt it, but thought I'd try)

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement