LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » limited treatment options: GI issues/Clotting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: limited treatment options: GI issues/Clotting
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi-
I am starting to realize how much my options are shrinking down for Lyme treatment. I am currently not in treatment as I wait for an appt with a new LLMD.

GI problems are my worst set of symptoms and I really cannot handle a lot of the antibiotics I have been on (i.e. I get so sick that I become dehydrated and end up in the hospital).

I cannot have a PICC line anymore because of clotting issues. I recently had a PICC removed because of blood test results indicating I had clotting problems. There were clots all over the PICC when it was removed.

What options are out there for someone like me? I have so far tried doxy, amox, ceftin, IV rocephin, IV invanz, tindamax and flagyl.

I want to be very knowledgeable so when I go to the LLMD in January I will be able to make suggestions. Any thoughts?
Thank you so much in advance.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One alternative we are so lucky to have is the rife machine. You could buy a rife machine.

I used to take antibiotics, but my immune system was disappearing; i had to quit. Now i do treatments on my rife machine and have few symptoms. It's easier and cheaper, and i don't have to go to a doctor.

I also have a gene for blood clots, and my LLMD said that to do IV, such a person would have the peripheral line, which is changed every week.

I take high-dose nattokinase to prevent blood clots; it is said to clean out your arteries, too.

There are other alternative treatments too.

----Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bionic 880 or PE1, both treatment with light.

Rife

Have you treated parasites? Treating parasites helped my gut issues tremendously. I tested negative for parasites, but had a massive infestation of worms!!!

Also, be sure to repopulate the gut with friendly bacteria. I needed VSL#3 with 450 billion organisms, significantly stronger than other probiotics. Kefir is also good. You can make your own at home - www.kefirlady.com

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not yet treated for parasites. I am not sure if I am to do this on my own or with the help of a doctor. I am currently taking a homeopathic remedy given to me by my aunt who is a practicing homeopath. It has been 3 days (I forgot to mention that in my other post).

I wish I could find someone who would help me with the rife stuff. I have considered going to Germany for the Bionic, but want to exhaust my options here first... if that makes sense.

I am wondering if Bicillin shots or Rocephin shots (does this come as a shot) are possible for people with GI problems and clotting problems? Also, I have heard Ketek doesnt hurt the tummy as much.

I am hoping the new LLMD can guide me. As much as I know you need to take treatment in your own hands, I do really wish for some hands on guidance from a doc or practitioner.

Thanks for you responses.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get help for rife treatments, here! Did you read the rife thread here that's currently on p 25? Our resident expert, Dan, gives us excellent advice.

There's a guide book by Nenah Sylver called The Rife Handbook, which has excellent frequency lists and explanations. She does say that people who tend to bloodclot shouldn't do rifing. So be warned and take your nattokinase consistently. I don't know how you would test that safely.

You could buy a PE-1 machine; it costs about $1200. Selma used to post about her successful use of PE-1 plus homeopathic nosodes. She says it's powerful, never use it without the homeopathic nosodes. She has extensive posts about it, you should search them.

----Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Okay I definitely will seek out those posts.

I am not on nattokinase for clots. Right now I just take a baby aspirin daily. However, I have noticed that I am bruising realllly easily and wondering if this is a bad thing.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most LLMD's don't seem to treat for parasites. Mine tested me for them, when the test was negative, he did not treat. He did treat me for the bacterial overgrowth in my intestines after that test.

Humaworm or Parastroy (sp?) are two options that many here use. Enula by Nutramedix helps with roundworms.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Renny,

I was going to suggest shots but see you have alredy thought of that.

Would also suggest treatment for bart -- levaquin helped hubby's G.I. issues greatly.

As for the easy bruising -- that could be a sign of vitamin C deficiency.

And I definitely wouldn't rule out herbal treatments. Many herbs are healing to the stomach and may be easier to take than antibiotics.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Hi Bea- Did the levaquin make your hubbys tummy worse for awhile? I haven;t even started treatment for Bart yet.. but my old LLMD did suspect it because of mesenteritis/GI Issues.

I am not ruling out anything- am willing to try whatever.

I am just worried about doing things on my own. I dont want to do the wrong thing or the right thing the wrong way. I dont know how to combine things etc. Even though herbal treatments are less "dangerous" than traditional meds, I still worry about their proper usage and would like as much guidance as possible on all of these things before I do them.

Maybe I need to see a naturopath and my LLMD...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement