LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » herx from homeopathic remedy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: herx from homeopathic remedy?
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to herx on a homeopathic remedy? My aunt is a homeopath and gave me a remedy to take. I took it for three days and that ended yesterday. I feel like total poo. All my Lyme symptoms are bad bad bad right now: I am very nauseous, dizzy, severe leg pain, abdominal pain, neck/back/shoulder/wrist/knees/hip pain, bad headache and severe fatigue.

I HATE THIS!!! Has anyone else ever herxed on Homeopathics? I just wanna curl up in a ball and cry (not to be melodramatic).. this disease stinks really bad.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannot answer your question directly,
but I had my worst herx of all after increasing nutritional support (as per Dr B's Guidelines) before I had a LLMD! No Rx drugs, "just" nutritional supplements.

My LLMD is wise (gentle and aggressive) and doesn't set me up for severe herx reactions.

Maybe your aunt selected a good remedy, but just dosed a bit high for you?

Homeopathic remedies are meds to respect. Plz let us know what you took, and what you're trying to treat now.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the name of it (I know, I know...)...but will find out. I am trying to treat Lyme, but have Bart and probably (though its not clear) Babs. I am waiting to get in with LLMD in CT.. have done some treatment with abx but nothing effective yet because I moved and had to stop. Then I started up again and was dosed too high and ended up in the hospital.

Starting over (if that is even possible...) in January with the new LLMD. Hopefully he will have an idea of how to treat me but not hurt me so bad I cannot survive it.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they can.

While I never tried one for Lyme or Bart, I have heard enough to know that I'm not going to touch Desert Biologicals Lyme or Bartonella remedies any time soon.

http://www.desbio.com/series-therapy.html

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear renny,
Sorry your move and strong reactions have stalled or hiccuped your LD treatment! Even a hosp stay!

And now your feeling so crumby!

In terms of starting over, I'll offer my 2 cents as a LD patient who's making progress:

Focus on cleaning up your diet and getting as completely yeast-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free as possible. Candidiasis can only make everything harder.

Beginning with your new LLMD in Jan, having you "clean slate" in terms of non-TBD will help.

You may also wish to focus on getting good quality sleep. That's paramount.

You can also do the simple detox things, like lots of lemon juice in quality water.

How about putting Swedish massage gift certificates on your Christmas wish list?

If you have Babesiosis, a wise LLMD will treat that first, then Bart, then Borrelia. You don't need to treat Babs, Bart, and borreliosis on your own anymore.

Your aunt may help w/ getting you into good shape for future LLMD Rxs.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Wow thanks for the advice. Ya I am trying to figure out how to get myself super strong mentally and physically so when I start the treatments again I can handle them better. That was one thing my aunt is trying to help with.

Swedish massage sounds fabulous. That could really help me right now given all the pain I am having in my back neck legs arms etc.

I am worried about the diet. I have so many GI issues that I cannot eat many many foods. Inflammation in the gut keeps me from eating nuts, seeds, raw veggies, many types of grains etc. I am therefore on a pretty plain diet of carbs and proteins. I am very low weight 115lbs and 5'7" and trying to gain. I am eating lots of avocado and peanut butter (can do nut butter just not whole nuts). I guess I need to stop eating sugar...

I am not sure if I have Babs.. the only thing that would maybe allude me to that diagnosis is my severe headache. Feels like my whole entire head is in pain. Neck as well. Bart is suspected due to the GI involvement and nerve issues. Lyme is the sure bet with CDC positive testing (I was negative for bart and babs on quest test.. means very little so I am told).

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also might have parasites. Also, look into low stomach acid. Treating both of those helped me with my GI trouble.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've had major herxes on Arsenicum Album and a couple others.

I personally believe the homeopathics have helped mentally prepare me for allopathic lyme treatments.

My homeopath doesn't want me on any allopathic medicine, but I'm just plain tired of being sick.

Like you, I'm around 118 lbs, almost 5'8 and have had troubles gaining. Yes...stop eating sugar! it sucks and i still struggle with it.

L-Glutamine powder by Natural Sport really helps my cravings. (it also helps with muscle repair and gut healing).

Homeopathics are great and they helped me mentally, but i wasn't seeing physical improvements fast enough so I added antibiotic treatments.

Good luck!!

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement