LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Byron White herbs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Byron White herbs
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't been on here in quite awhile. Was on a cortisol lowering/insomnia protocol plus a detox protocol at the same time. Had some side effects which landed me in the hosp thinking I may be having heart problems.

Had a phone consult with my LD today, and he wants me to start on these herbs. Someone told me they saw posts about them on here, I was surprised.

I just can't read anymore today, or alot at one time but will eventually get to it. If anyone has anything good or bad to report about these herbs I would so appreciate it. My biggest worry is allergy. Seems everything I try, I'm allergic to. Running out of hope.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey keltyl, I'm taking the Byron White formulas for Babesia and Lyme.

I just started them about a week ago so it is probably too soon to tell if they are working. No adverse reactions either. I started at 3 drops BID of each and have worked my way up to 6drops BID of each.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you need help with them. I hope you feel better soon [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a-bab for babesia. I was doing great until two days ago.not sure what happened. I didn't have trouble til I hit 5 drops, then again at 14. You are supposed to feel better as you progress. If you feel bad you cut back. I was so skeptical but I am a believer now. This is the best I have felt in a long time
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks girls. We haven't had power all day, bad wind and rain and snow later.

Sounds a little encouraging, I'm just worried b/c I seem to be allergic to everything I try.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good thing is that you can start at 1 drop. My llmd said he had to show one lady how to.take 1/3 drop. So I think this has flexibility for you. What are your reactions like?
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

From a few things like humaworm and cumanda, I got hives. From Dmsa I got an asthma attack. From supps I've gotten bad depression and anxiety.

A couple yrs ago I started taking grapeseed supps, and my face and neck got beet red so I stopped. That's what is worrying me about this. I read about them on their site, and it's base is grapeseed extract.

Right now I have a rash on upper body like no other I've ever had. Have stopped everything new. I even stopped my B12 shots today, even though I've been doing them a long time.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Shoot that stinks. If you try it let us know how it goes.

I had some nausea and diarrhea when I went too fast.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moving to medical questions

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keltyl, the herbs are in grape alcohol so hopefully you won't react to them like you did the grape seed extract.

You could try taking tiny doses at first, like put one drop in 4-6oz water and only drink a quarter of the water. Then work up the dose from there as tolerated.

Lets pray that these formulas work to help you and that you have no more unusual reactions to anything.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

So you think grape alcohol would be different? Are you guys doing just one bottle at a time? He said I would, but wondering if that's only b/c of allergies.
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I am only doing a bab now. I have been on omnicef,plaq,and zith about 10 months. I am excited for you to try it!
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl,

Do you know if these herbs address cysts in any way? Last month my LLMD said I will most likely be switching to these herbs very soon.

I don't think I have read of a poor response to them yet!

Keltyl, I hope they help you with no side effects/reactions!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I am only familiar with the a bab. Not sure the answer to your q
sammy
Member # 13952

Grape seed extract products are different than grape fruit products (like alcohol). I also read that Byron white chose to use the organic grape alcohol because people with multiple chemical sensitivities can tolerate this form better than other alcohols.

LLMD had me start both A-L and A-Bab this month. I started A-L first then added the A-Bab 3 days later. After a couple days on the A-Bab I went ahead and increased my dose of A-L. Then after a couple days I increased A-Bab. I'm trying to do it this way so that I can see how well I tolerate each one before increasing the dose. Hope that makes sense.

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I'm confused (doesn't take much). Is it grapeseed or grapefruit in the herbs. Then my next question, if it's grapefruit, what about being on Zocor. They say not to use grapefruit if you're on a cholesterol lowering drug.

J is sending me info, although I already found some myself. I'll only do one at a time b/c of allergies.

Trying to get rid of this weird rash I have. I even stopped my B12 shots as of yesterday. Getting a little excited though from what I have read. Not sure if I should wait till after the holidays though. Have company coming, and am already stressed.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

I am on zocor and I take abab
merrygirl
Member # 12041

merrygirl
Member # 12041

sammy
Member # 13952

The Byron White tinctures are in a base of grape alcohol.

The A-L and A-Bab formulas do not contain grapefruit seed as an ingredient. Grapefruit seed is listed as an active ingredient in the A-Bart formula (had to look that one up because I don't have it here at home).

You should be able to continue taking your Zocor with all formulas. Just don't take the med and the formulas at the same exact time. The formulas should ideally be taken 30min before eating, 1hr away from other herbs, and 3hrs after medicines. If you are taking multiple formulas you are supposed to space them out 20min apart from each other.

I find that schedule pretty much impossible to follow. I try my best but often have to take things closer together than recommended.

keltyl, are you allergic to Benadryl? If the rash itches or feels irritated you could try Benadryl spray. I find it helps more than the topical creams. Putting cold packs on the rashy area might also help it to calm down some (20min on, 20min off). Avoid hot showers as they make all rashes worse.

Since the holidays are a couple weeks away you could start the formulas now at a super low dose. See how you do and start working your way up. If you get to a dose that causes more of an awareness of symptoms stay there for awhile. You could stay at that dose through the holidays or stop and restart if you'd like.

One of the nice things about the Byron White formulas is that you don't have to worry about developing resistance like you would with antibiotics. You take whatever dose you need.

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Thank you Sammy. All that was very helpful. I did look up some info today.

The rash I have is upper stomach and up. Does not itch (much), and is not red. Never had anything like it b/f.

I have to call out there to order the drops. J was sending me info, but haven't gotten it, and I already know by looking online. Just have to find out which one he wants me to start on. He said only one at a time.

If htese cause any allergy, not sure what I'm going to so. The clock is ticking. Maybe try rife.

sammy
Member # 13952

keltyl, do they have any idea why you are having so many allergic reactions? Have you always responded this way to meds?
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

No, but the last 2 mos he's been letting me do phone consults instead of driving out. I wasn't happy after the one on Tues. I feel like they're giving up on me. They act as if I'm the only one who has allergic reations.

It seems to be mostly herbs and some supps I've had problems with. I've tried 2 different cortisol lowering supps, and have had bad effects from them. That being anxiety, depression, nausea, loss of appetite.

Humaworm and cumanda I got hives. I'm excited about these herbs, but I tried grapeseed supplements a couple yrs ago, and my neck and face would turn beet red when I took them. I wasn't going to an LD then, hadn't been tested yet. Was diagnosed with CFS.

I wish I could get a sample, but I emailed the co about prices (looked like you could buy them online), said I had to contact my practitioner. So don't think they would hand out samples. I'll just chalk it up to the hundreds of dollars of other things I've wasted.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone really taking all three of these formulas (A-Bart, A-Babs, and A-L Complex) at the same time? My LLMD is pushing them, but at a cost of $245+ for all three, it's staggering.

It seems like people are having success, but these all of a sudden are being pushed as the best thing since sliced bread. This company doesn't offer kickbacks to physicians I hope? I always worry about that aspect when a practice starts recommending something to everyone out of thin air.

Any thoughts? The case studies sound good, but they can be manipulated by BioResource for generate sales. It sounds like easy remission in many of them. [Smile]

Also, it sounds like A-L Complex addresses all infections so why the need for a separate Babs and Bart protocol? The ingredient list overlaps in some respects.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on A-Bart and A-Babs since June if I remember right. 1 drop kicked my butt. I am now on 5 drops of A-Bart 2 X a day. When I was ramping up I would herx heavy then have a lifting of symptoms.This is a new thing for me. [Smile] www.bioresourceinc.com I am really impressed with them.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I have my symptoms disappear, I'd drop $1,000 w/o batting an eye. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They may initially be expensive, but I have read that they are effective even at low dosage, so they should last a reasonable length of time, especially compared to some protocols where you take several dropperfuls or multiple capsules per day of many different things!

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on A-bart for two weeks, whenever I take my drops, I feel muscle spams right away... so it must be doing something but it's too soon for me to draw a conclusion... However I am interested in A-bab too and wonder if anyone has taken it for long enough and can recommand it...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any way to acquire them if you don't have access to someone that prescribes them?
Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I'll be getting mine from my LD, but if you go to their website (in this thread), it has a place to add to cart. Not sure though, I emailed for prices and they said I had to get them from my practioner.

Didn't want to go through filling out a bunch of info to try and find the price when I wouldn't be ordering.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

My one bottle of a bab has already lasted at least two months and its still more than half full.
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke to one of their reps yesterday and they said it has to be purchased through a medical practioner. They will look up on their system if there are any in your area.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very timely. My wife was just told at her LD's office to try them (A-bab and A-bart) and she is supposed to take 5 drops.

I haven't gotten a chance to read through the information sheets that were passed on to us.

sammy - I can sense the chaos of keeping the schedule already.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can someone order them without practicioner?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump... does anybody know a way I can get my hands on A-Bart?

I don't have an LLMD

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested too in finding out how to order w/o going through a practitioner.........

Also, I remember reading that one of the formulas has Poke Root as an ingredient, which is not supposed to be the safest herb........any thoughts or different info regarding Poke Root's safety?

Would like to try this if the Poke Root issue isn't a factor to be concerned about......

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

aMomwithhope,

I've also been told if you use poke root to use SMALL amounts.

I wish I knew how much was in Bryon White's tinctures

sammy
Member # 13952

You can get the Byron White herbs from www.forresthealth.com
canefan17
Member # 22149

You have to be a patient of Dr Forest
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

You have to get them through a practioner. Talked to my LD today, he's starting me with the A-L complex. I'm only doing one at a time due to so many allergies.
canefan17
Member # 22149

So are these Byron White formulas sweeping across the LLMD landscape?

They all seem to be jumping on board

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Again, does the manufacturer pay kickbacks/referral fees? I REALLY want to know this.
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

canefan, that is what it is beginning to look like to me.

seekhelp, there's no way we could find out the answer to that. It would be nice if they are all jumping on b/c they have had some good results. Wish I knew too.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

It just seems too good to be true IMO. There's this huge passion for these herbs now. The hype is incredible. GiGi recommends the greatest medical breakthrough of the century (AI therapy) and no LLMDs give a hoot except Dr. K. If you're going to jump on trains, why not the fastest one?
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

It does to me too, but I'm running out of options. And I don't know what AI therapy is. [confused]
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I dont know if they get kick backs or not, but
a-bab is working for me.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Again, if it worked for me, I could care less about kickbacks. It is the principle that concerns me. I'm not saying they are, but knowing is helpful for evaluating the situation.
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

merrygirl...are you just taking the a-bab, and what did you start with a day, 1 drop?
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To confirm AL Complex is for Lyme and it has 14 herbs and 10 go after Cyst/Intracellular & motile Lyme + virus Bacteria etc

A-Bart is for Bart

A-Babs is for Babs

These are SO Strong I am doing AL Complex and it is stronger than any AB I have ever taken and everywhere patients are saying they can only do 1-2 drops a day some only 1-2 drops a week

I was so sceptical about Herbs but OMG this stuff makes you herx

YOU CAN NOT take these without a LLMD/ND's advice as they need to know how to dose you as everyone is different

You can herx hard and like me if its too hard then you can feel terrible just like with an AB - but I exceeded my dose at 4 drops/day I think 1 or 2 was enough

Many see a dramatic herx and then a lifting of symptoms, I did the 1st week after I backed off after doing 1 drop for a week and the herx on 1 drop being so bad but like a fool I then took 4 drops a day so am suffering

Again you need guidance on these as they are SO powerful

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

rianna...he did not tell me what to start with, consult was by phone. Ijust assumed I'd start wit 1 drop a day to make sure of any allergies.

Maybe this isn't smart with the holidays coming up. If you herxed, then stopped them would you recoup right away? What kind of herxes did you have? All this would be so helpful, as to what I might expect.

sammy
Member # 13952

seekhelp, our LLMD told me that he has had patients that started the herbs on their own (prescribed by alternative med practitioners) and reported back to him with positive results. There were also many positive reports shared at the conference recently. That's why I was told that they are starting to recommend these formulas.

keltyl, if you herx on the formulas you are supposed to back down to the previous tolerable dose. The herx should clear within 3 days. This is what I read on the BioResource website: http://www.bioresourceinc.com/bwherbal/ Check out the Teleclass links at the bottom of the page. They give more detailed information than the data sheets.

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Thanks, I only read the dataq sheets, plan on reading more throughly b/f starting. Just ordered them today.

J called me yesterday (?), still not sure why for sure. After my phone consult last week I was sort of bummed, maybe he thought about some of things he said.

Anyway, he wants me to start on the A-Lyme. But he never told me how much, or anything about dosing. I just thought I'd start with 1 drop a day.

I was excited about these, but now it getting me a little scared after reading how potent they are. Are you still on any abx?

canefan17
Member # 22149

Only concern with AL Complex is the ingredient Astragalus.

Buhner has spoken many times on the auto-immune risks of taking Astragalus in late-stage/chronic Lyme cases.

He says it's great if you catch it early and/or are preventing.

But at this point... if it helps some out there... more power to em!

These herbs look great. I'll be starting on A-Bart soon (along with my maximum dosage knotweed)

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Is anyone doing these herbs on any abx too, or the herbs only? And I do have very late-stage chronic lyme.
Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keltyl:
rianna...he did not tell me what to start with, consult was by phone. Ijust assumed I'd start wit 1 drop a day to make sure of any allergies. Maybe this isn't smart with the holidays coming up. If you herxed, then stopped them would you recoup right away? What kind of herxes did you have? All this would be so helpful, as to what I might expect.

As per LLMD I started with AL Complex at 1 drop and drank 1/3 glass, next day 2/3 next day 1 drop and set there for 5 days and had a physical herx beyond belief - backed off and felt it cleared in 2 days

I stupidly went right up to 2 drops 2 x day and herxed neurologically after 3 days (symptoms that I have never experienced before), a very unusual severe herx have been off for 3 days and it has no cleared.....Will see what happens and have been told to restart at 1/3 glass again - My own fault as I upped too quickly

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Lymebrain here. Do you mean 1/3 and 2/3 as in water? Makes a difference how much water you take with them?
Rianna
Member # 11038

quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
Only concern with AL Complex is the ingredient Astragalus. Buhner has spoken many times on the auto-immune risks of taking Astragalus in late-stage/chronic Lyme cases.

RE:Astragalus - I did see something about this, am I correct in thinking it could cause arthritic problems?
Rianna
Member # 11038

quote:
Originally posted by keltyl:
Lymebrain here. Do you mean 1/3 and 2/3 as in water? Makes a difference how much water you take with them?

Yes so you put a drop in a glass of water and drink 1/3 or 2/3 of the water

Some can only tollerate this small amount

sammy
Member # 13952

Hi keltyl, I'm taking A-L and A-Bab with some antibiotics. They didn't tell me exactly how much to start with either. I didn't think to ask at the time so I was glad to see that the instructions they sent with the herbs explained it all.
Rianna
Member # 11038

quote:
Originally posted by sammy:
Hi keltyl, I'm taking A-L and A-Bab with some antibiotics. They didn't tell me exactly how much to start with either. I didn't think to ask at the time so I was glad to see that the instructions they sent with the herbs explained it all.

Are you taking both?

AL Hit me so hard I had to back off.....It seems to be so strong even at a few drops

I have to restart it once my herx goes it baby doses again

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Sammy, the teleclass links are great. Thanks.

So I learned they are coming out with a BioFung and a BioMyco. Wouldn't it be nice if these were the missing link to LD as they say.

ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this too for more information on the BW herbals

http://www.faim.org/newfrontiers/byronwhiteformulas.html

Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

keltyl,

I listened to the tele-classes as well.

I like the way Dr Wayne Anderson approaches treatment. "Peeling an onion."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement