LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bee venom therapy and heat therapy, what do you think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bee venom therapy and heat therapy, what do you think?
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All
I'm just looking for advie here, I will be starting bicillin shots next week, but because I have a very very serious case of neuro lyme, my nerves feel all swollen and painful, I am thinking of adding some other kinds of alternative therapies. I am thus thinking of going to Morocco where I know they practice heat therapy on all kinds of arthritis and it works, they actually apply some very very hot pressures on the painful areas, and apparently that kills whatever bacterias are there. I did it once, it doesn't burn your clothes, but you feel the heat, oh boy... Then I know they also have practionners of apitherapy there, so I'm thinking of doing that too... so my question is: with all this stuff thrown on bb, do I have any chance to recover? I feel so weak and my head is about to explode, I know it's not my brain, it's my cranial nerves, and I'm just hopeless again...I'm having a quite bad flare right now...

Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried the epsom salts baths?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks randibear, yes I do the epsom slat baths every other day, they relax me a bit but only for few hours and then here i go again with the same never ending pain all over my body...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people tried removing their blood & heating it - It didn't work to kill Lyme. The heat may make you worse.

Maybe save a trip to Morocco & try a sauna instead. It may help to detox but some people do get worse from high levels of heat. Do it gradually to see if it helps in the beginning.

I think spirochetes need to be exposed to 105 degree heat for over 24 hours to kill them. I don't think that is doable in the body.

I actually tried bee venom honey for a bit. There is some evidence that bee venom can kill spirochetes. Some people do well with bee venom ointment applied externally, too.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

thank you sparkle7 for your advice. Actually it is not a therapy that heats the blood, I mean obviously it would not work as the spirochetes live mostly in colllagen tissues, meaning brain, nerves and joints... So heating the blood would do nothing... The idea is actually to apply heat on the nerves and joints, that's how they do it. it is quite high, i think far above 100 degrees but only for few seconds on each part of the body and they repeat that every day for a week, then you come back after few days and start again...
I tried sauna but it doesn't affect me much...

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to be open minded about treatment. It might be interesting to take a trip to Morocco. I don't know if this would be a long term treatment for what ails you, though.

This illness is a tough nut to crack. Good luck.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know sparkle, this made me wonder something:

"I think spirochetes need to be exposed to 105 degree heat for over 24 hours to kill them."

Does this mean that taking products like Tylenol and Ibuprofen to reduce fevers in effect lower the immune system's ability to fight off infection with fevers.

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heat therapy you are speaking of will not work. It cannot penetrate deeply enough into tissues and muscles and brain tissues. Don't waste your money. It's the same reason why heating the blood is not curative.

The spirochete does not stay in the blood stream for very long but burrows deep into the body.

The only heat therapy that has worked thus far was ICHT performed in Italy, (no long available), and it worked because it was intracelluar reaching every cell in the body.

Research shows that the spirochete dies exposed to heat of 102.2 for five hours, 104.0 for three hours and 105.8 for two hours. Being able to duplicate this safely in the body, as opposed to a laboratory setting, is another matter.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. J, who treated me, says the high fevers should be left alone, that is as long as it doesn't last for days. The high fever is an indication your immune system is working to fight whatever it is you're fighting. In the mean time, the high fever is killing those spirochetes. And in the words of Martha Stewart, "That's a good thing". ; )

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd try the bee therapy. I had the opportunity to try it when I first came down sick and regret not trying it.

No opportunity now to give it a try.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement