LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » update Byron White progress here

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: update Byron White progress here
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on A-L complex and A-Bart. I started first week in December.

I felt a bit sore in my upper arms, hands the first week but ramped up fine.

I'm up to full dose which is 20gtts, 2x/day.
Tempted to ramp down some to save some money but will continue for a couple months.

It seems to keep me stable. I don't really notice anything either way.

How is everyone else. Please share your experiences.

**edited to correct full dosage.

[ 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: TS96 ]

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on A-Bart for a week now and up to 8 drops twice a day. I understand we have to get to 20 drops before considering it successful. I have not felt any different since being on it. I've been wondering if it's even working. I will continue with it either way.

I'm considering Bar-1 now since the ingredients are totally different.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ain't good. I was thinking they were miracle herbs. Hope to hear more good stuff. Joyce in Santa... always says great things BUT she claims KPU treatment helped her so who knows what did what. This will be an interesting thread.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Seek it seems that KPU is a major player here.
That's on my next to do list.

Too bad most of us have no Dr.s that will test or treat/monitor KPU/HPU.
Self treating can be tricky but is the only way for most of us.

I'm trying to give these BW herbs a chance.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start Byron White's in 2 weeks

Wooo hooo

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have faith in these herbs, as I spoke with Stephen Buhner recently and he is adding Curcuma xanthorrhiza as an addition to treating Babesia. There are also 2 other herbs that have been effective.

It will be in his upcoming updated book version. This herb is in the A-Bab so that formulation has some encouraging research behind it.

TS96, is right in that we sometimes have to treat this ourselves and we do the best we can with the information we get.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am starting A bab tomorrow. I went off Malarone in November and backslid with Babs symptoms quickly.

I hope they work so I can avoid buying Malarone again. Llmd wants me on both but I am going to see what happens with A bab alone first.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

I just want to reiterate so as not to discourage anyone. My LLMD said these are very powerful. My LLMD said specifically some people just get better on them and some herx terrible on one drop.

My history with Cowden was I didn't herx at all. I ramped up quickly with no effects at all. I was on the limited protocol for almost a whole year and was relatively stable until I started slipping.

Everyone will be different.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done a-L and A-bab for extended periods of time in the past- the stuff was developed in my LLMD's office. I also know a lot of people who took them at the time.

I haven't seen any major miracles with these herbs, and I don't have much faith in the formula based on the 4 of us who I've seen use this 'in real life' (meaning I've gotten to ask my other friends about their progress for prolonged periods , not just read about whatever they post when they're feeling excited/hopeful/whatever.

I have serious doubts about the dosages that they're prescribing- I don't think you can really concentrate active ingredients of most herbs to the point where they're effective in such tiny dosages.

I think placebo effect, and the Lyme tendency to be a relapsing-remitting disease, is very much at play in some cases where people initially report progress or that they're mistaking a downturn/flareup of symptoms for a 'herx'.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MariaA,

I've heard a lot of LLMD's are having great success with them.

And think that's why they've become more popular.

Do you see Dr A in Cali?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MariaA, how disappointing. I'm hoping the LLMDs aren't marketing these to make $$$$. That's my big fear at these crazy prices of $80-$100 PER BOTTLE.

I so want to believe sales aren't important and our improved health is all that matters. I feel that's a bit dreamy thought. Gotta be open minded and pay attention to all factors.

What you say makes sense about so many people saying something is working. The next week they usually say something else. I believe so little on the forum because I read this stuff a lot. I will try a few of them because with my suspected C-Diff Dx, I need to do something and my LLMD won't Rx Abx now. Is it the answer? I doubt it.

It just seems like the momentum behind these herbs is higher than expected. Most of the literature I've read and testimonials are manufacturer based. They always say it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Canefan, who are you hearing this from? Credible sources? Who do you know?

I pray they are great!

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still on A-Bart & A-Babs quite impressed like I said before. I am still ramping up slowly.One drop kicked my butt. And still does when I add a drop.After yrs of constantly having no lifts in symptoms I am having them.I do know this would not have happened if I had not done KPU protocol.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

seek,

People on facebook are talking about them (they seem to be more prevalent in California.

But Dr W. A. speaks at ILADS conferences on the formulas and many LLMD's have been using them with success for last 3-5 yrs.

I've researched it quite a bit.
And since I'm at about 85-90% I'm looking for something strong to knock Bart back and hopefully OUT!

: )

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We r all different as to how we will react. All I can say is I have more hope now than I have had in yrs. For me its not a placebo. About 3 weeks ago I had almost a week where symptoms lifted,not totally but if I could stay that way,I would be happy. Still on the roller coaster but lows r not as low.Highs r magical. I also just started Earthing. [Smile] Sorry Maria they did not work for u and others.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are using A-Bart in my family. One child had a very strong herx on one drop. She has minimal biofilms and tested negative for KPU. My son is now ramping up on A-Bart, he has not herxed yet. He has substantial biofilms and a KPU problem (which is being treated).I suspect they both have the same species of Bartonella (inherited from me). So perhaps other factors are involved here to determine your response ie. biofilms and / or KPU status.
Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea [this thread], TS96; I hope people will continue to add to it.

Although some people do aim for the higher dosages, on the teleseminar Byron White does say that many people have had benefits from much lower dosages, so these formulas aren't necessarily that costly if you compare them to the multiple products required for some other protocols.

What are people on the BWF taking for detox?

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperspeck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepperspeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the A-Bart available for purchase? It is only through a llmd's office? Thanks!

--------------------
I found my original identity! It has been a bit over 12 years...can't blame me for forgetting my password, right?!!

Member red (Member # 1886)
70 posts

Posts: 164 | From NJ | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pepperspeck:
Where is the A-Bart available for purchase? It is only through a llmd's office? Thanks!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/102293

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ukcarry.....do you have a link to the teleseminar that you mention?
Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link to the Byron White teleclass. There is lots of information on the Bioresource site if you dig around.

http://www.bioresourceinc.com/teleclass/

Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife is up to 20 drops for A-Bab and A-Bart - no difference ever made so far...

I wish I have better news but I don't.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm up to 15 drops of A-L and A-Bab, no noticeable changes so far, I've been at this dose for a couple weeks. I just started A-Bart a couple days ago, currently taking 6 drops BID.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

I think, like anything else, it takes time for these herbs to work. Heck, even abx take a while to show any improvement. Maybe we shouldn't expect too much too soon. If anyone has been on them for at least 4 months, I would like to hear from them.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those taking 2 types of BW herbals......do you take them both at the same time.....or do you take one lot, wait for 20 minutes and then take the other?
Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

This is what the website says about taking more than one formula.

Yes, multiple BWFs can be used, but they should be taken at
least 20 to 40 minutes or more apart from each other.

Also, remember to hold the formula under the tongue for 1 minute. It should be mixed with a little water.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Be sure ur shaking the bottle & hit it against your hand,before adding a small amount of water.Like Lululymemom said hold under tongue. I have been doing these since June. Still on low dose as herxes r to extreme. Only 6 drops 2 X a day.Ramping to 7 on the 1st and then higher. Everything is energy tested for me. Glad people r sharing experiences. [Smile]
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

I am also on A-Babs 2 drops 2 X a day. Babs symptoms r way down. Knock on wood no night sweats and other symptoms.I take them 20 min apart.
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND, Dr. W.A. in California, had me on A-Bab before I went onto Mepron/Zith. He said this helped make the Mepron/Zith easier to do and shorter.

I was still on Mepron/Zith for nearly a year.

But, I didn't have bad herxes with them.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cass A....how long were you on A-Bab for?

Cheers,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on abab since Sept. Recently alot of symptoms have resolved.I am up to the target dose of 15 drops 2x day.

I think this formula is very effective.

I had some bad hexes early on and backed off a couple of times. It is nice because you can adjust the dose.

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

I believe the target is 20 drops... but if 15 is working for you, that's great! Good to hear from a long term user!

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started with one drop yesterday and had some nausea on and off all day but it would clear quickly. Had a great New Years at a friends house.

Today I took two drops because the dropper was clogged and after unclogging it An extra drop came out. I didn't think it would matter but I was wrong. Major nausea!!!!

I hate that my family has to have me like this!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Oh yeah, Happy New Year to all! Despite the overwhelming nausea and subsequent tears that came with it I think 2011 is going to be a good year.

For all of us!!!!!!

--------------------
unsure445

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement