LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Okay, so how many of you are "cured" from lyme disease?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Okay, so how many of you are "cured" from lyme disease?
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never hear about people who are actually symptom free after longterm treatment. So, how many of you are cured?
Is it even possible to cured?

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if I'm "cured, but I'm of abx after 4 tough years and feeling great!
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been symptom-free and off treatment for a year and a half.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixgoofykids,

For how long you went on antibiotics and how often did you herx?

--------------------
Ema

Posts: 394 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on antibiotics for almost two years and herxed every time we changed meds, and every 24 days flared. I got off abx Sept. 2008 and started an alternative treatment. I stopped having any symptoms by Aug. 2009.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cured? as in got my life back ?
wrong defination...
Cured = your imunne system is in control agian and you deal with what has been destroyed.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my life back.

4 yrs treatment .. herxed constantly

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beths - may I ask what treatments worked best for you?
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not had any lyme symptoms since mid 2003 but I used an experimental treatment, after many years of high dose oral combos and IV's, called ICHT performed in Italy using DNP, which is no longer available.

Some of the old timers will come out with hate posts who refuse to believe it cured anyone and that it was all a scam and you are free to so do but I don't have any lyme symptoms after all this time and I feel I am cured due to the way the treatment worked.

It was an intracellular treatment and I think it got everyone of those ketes. There's no sign of any having been left and the few times I have been on ABX since the treatment I have felt no reaction to the ABX at all.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife is symptoms free as long as I give her a frequency treatment every so often. Rife type frequency treatments have been the bulk of her Lyme treatments.

Not cured, as I think it would come back if I did not treat at all. I am just trying to get rid of the very last of Lyme and some Bart.

She is also taking Cumanda to keep the Bart from spreading, in between treatments. She has never had any standard treatment for Lyme.

I think it is possible to cure sometimes, but maybe not always. I hope it is possible anyway.

Some seem to have been cured, and that is what we all are shooting for.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually maybe 10 or so on the forum say they are symptom-free. [Smile] Since there's 15,000 members, I get kind of frustrated at times. The ratio is pretty dismal, though it's good to hear a handful made it out of the darkness. The few that did made it with very unusual, expensive treatments too most couldn't afford or access. I'm referring to long-term chronic Lyme.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Out of that 15,000, how many are active posters? Not that many. So we don't really know whether they got better and moved on or are still sick.

There are several who got well on ILADS care, as well as those of use who got better on unusual treatments ..... plus, the unusual treatment I got if available for about $1000 with the PE1.

--------------------

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that many are well and have moved on; thats why they aren't on here responding to this thread.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew this link was here somewhere!

Progress and success stories is a sticky at the top of "General Support"
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/15820

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On most any medical forum, a majority of those who are well eventually do not post anymore. The ones that are not well are naturally going to hang around for information and help.

I am sure there are far more that have improved dramatically than are represented here. But it is difficult to estimate the odds.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off abx 6 years and have my life back.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been off abx a little more than 6 yrs now. I rife occasionally.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of lyme and company by seeing a Burrascano type doctor. In March it will be 6 years since I completed my treatment. I am still symptom-free, enjoying my life.

2 or 3 years ago I got bitten again and got the bulls eye rash. Went back to the same doc within 5 days of the bite and got antibiotics to treat lyme, babs, and bart.

I took these 3 meds for 30 days, herxed mildly and was fine after that.

So, I got it twice and was cured twice.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momlyme:

Progress and success stories is a sticky at the top of "General Support"
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/15820

And it's 2 pages long!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was early stage Lyme, treated for 4 and a half months, am now well. I still have elbow/arm pain, off-balance occasionally, and have some 'letter reversal' issues, which has gotten better.

I had lip twitches until recently. I've been off RX since Nov.23. My strength is back...stamina good. If you want to be uplifted, maybe my video can give you hope. View it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pzbVqTlIKU

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvema
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26650

Wow, it's great to hear that there is someone out there who are symptom free. It gives some hope. Thanks guys.

--------------------
Ema

MurphyNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MurphyNC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, hope its not too late to chime in because I rarely come on here anymore, but next month will mark a year off abx and being symptom free for me!

I treated for about 10-11 months (after being misdiagnosed and very sick for a year+), I had lyme and bart and treated both.

We are out there!
Don't give up,

Posts: 108 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo! Thanks for stopping by!

[woohoo]

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the people who got treated within a year or two, are the ones getting better. For those of us who went undiagnosed for like 40 yrs have much less chance of ever being "cured."
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toboein
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toboein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with Sixgoofykids

I think the ratio of 'cured' members to stick members is thrown off by the fact that we come to the boards for help support and guidance, some to lead. But i feel like if you become symptom free you are not going to need the boards anymore, so im sure there are many many success stories out there we just dont hear them because those people got their life back and are living it!

--------------------
A tiny bug no bigger than a pimple on your butt can change your life.

Posts: 101 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gambler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on abx for 5 years. I gave up on the thought of living without abx. But I'm not miserable anymore and I'm not freaked out by watching my body and mind deteriorate, because I'm so so much better. I just have to take drugs to maintain it. And I don't stop by these boards very often because after years of living on a couch in my own private hell, I have too much to do.

I think it is important to understand that there is no known cure. Except it and keep forging ahead. You may be able to go off abx, and you may not. And if you have to pop a bunch of pills to feel better, you will.

Posts: 243 | From chicago | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MURPHYNC - Sent you a PM.

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement