LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » food allergy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: food allergy
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been becoming increasingly allergic to seafood. I've been in denial and eat it anyway even though it makes me feel bad. Well, this time, it's three days later, my neck is still feeling swollen, I still have a sore throat, but my stomach is finally calmed down, likely due to eating homemade chicken soup the past two days.

Does anyone have any experience with food allergies (as opposed to food intolerances)? I am wondering how long to expect this to last. I'm living on Benadryl right now. When it wears off, I feel swollen again.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six,
my sister just told me she is developing a major seafood allergy.

Her neck swells up and hives.

She went to an allergist and he confirmed her thoughts.

I'll ask her what the allergist said to use. [Smile]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Janice, I appreciate it. I am thinking at this point I need to see a doctor because this was a systemic reaction this time .... and because of the fact that it's three days later and I'm still needing Benadryl. Do you know how long your sister feels bad when she has a reaction?

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that it's a few days. I'll speak with her tomorrow and pm you when I hear.

I do know that like you, she loves seafood and also has been in denial that she's allergic to it.

I hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, I appreciate it. Before this time, it's been easy enough to deny I feel bad after eating it, but this time it was a bad reaction (not that there's such a thing as a good one).

--------------------

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi six,

Sorry that happened to you...can be scary. I used to have lots of allergies and what helped me most was high dose Vitamin C with bioflavinoids,

It is a natural antihistamine. (could be why the chicken soup is helping)Maybe taking enzymes (if you don't already) when you eat could help.

Of course I know you are very familiar with parasites, but maybe doing some herbs after this calms down could help?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those reactions can last up to 21 days so be careful.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, Gael. I have been taking relatively high doses of C. I could probably take more for the next couple days.

I take HCL when I eat (it has several ingredients).

I have taken oil of oregano the past couple days, it muscle tests well.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by sk8ter:
Those reactions can last up to 21 days so be careful.

Oh, wow!!! Let's hope not! [Frown] Thanks.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thought. Are you taking any omega 3 supplements from any fish sources? I know you said the oil of oregano tests well,but is it possible it is acting as an irritant now that you are so inflammed?

I would definitely increase the c to maybe between 10 & 16 gms and of course bowel tolerance. It could help flush you out as well of any toxins.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

No, I'm not taking any fish oil.

My stomach doesn't seem to be irritated anymore, though it was at first. I was worried at first that it was parasites, which is why I took the oregano ..... I haven't taken it today.

Good idea on upping the C ..... my bowel tolerance is pretty low though

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

I would do above bowel tolerance to help flush out the toxins and drink plenty of water with it.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Six,

Unfortunately, I have lots of experience with true food allergies. I have a bad seafood allergy, and my daughter has an allergy to peanuts.

It's VERY important that you get an epi-pen for future use. If you don't get the medicine in your system within the first 30 minutes of an accidental exposure, you could have a delayed reaction up to 24 hours later.

If you have swelling that causes your airway to close after that 30 minute time frame, my allergy doctor said that there is nothing that they can do for you.

I would continue to take benadryl every four hours until all of your symptoms subside.

Please see somebody about this. Every time you are exposed to a food that you are allergic to, the allergy gets worse.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, kids. How long do the symptoms last when you do have exposure? It's the third day.

I am starting to feel the symptoms diminishing. I'm still taking the Benadryl. My energy is coming back, my stomach is settled, but my throat is still sore and feels swollen.

You are right .... this has gotten worse each time I eat it.

Gael, I've been taking the C, too, and it may be what's helping.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Six, So glad to hear that it's calming down. Kids is right about carrying an epi pen with you. Even if you don't eat fish in the future, you might still be exposed somehow.

Vit C is a great antihistamine and has gotten me through some severe bronchial and asthma issues in the past.

If you don't have the powder ester c you might want to keep it on hand because of the quick exorbtion.

Also you might want to consider staying on a maintenance dose of wormwood combo as Hulda Clark suggests.

All it takes is one egg for the cycle to start all over again. Hope you feel even better tommorrow.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I have two forms of powdered C, but neither is ester C.

I'm actually on some wormwood and other herbs in the Dr. Natura cleanse right now. I do both the Dr. Natura and the Humaworm a couple times per year. I don't get symptoms .... I just take them for prevention.

Do you have to go through all the allergy testing to get an epi pen?

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

You shouldn't have to go through allergy testing to get the epi pen. Just call your doctor and tell him what happened and he will give you a script.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, six. Allergic to seafood sucks.

Are you allergic to all seafood or just certain items? I do find myself slightly allergic to shellfish, but not other fish (not yet). I also notice the source of seafood makes difference too.

Hope you get well soon.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks. It's looking like all fish. At first I thought it was shellfish.

That's good, Gael. I need to go in anyway, I haven't been in in about a year and I still take Armour Thyroid. He wants me to go in once a year for testing as long as I'm on it. I'll ask him then.

--------------------

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Six. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I saw in another post where you went to the doctor and got an epi-pen.

I hope you don't ever have to use it but glad you got it. My daughter has had to use hers only once.

Hope you are feeling better now.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks. I hope I don't have to use it either. He said I may feel bad for three or four more days. Today I'm even feeling worse, but I have two sick kids, so maybe I'm catching what they have.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement