LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I May have PD instead of Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I May have PD instead of Lyme
saved10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what to think. My LLMD wants me to go see Nuro. I have a lot of nuro Issue, Tremor, Stiffness

Looking back at my IGX results, not for sure if they are positive or not.

IFA 180 - Postive

IGG

30 +
39 IND
41 ++
58 +

IGM

18 +
30 +
41 IND

I just don't know what to think anymore

Posts: 200 | From Nevada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. J says anybody with band 18 has Lyme. Period. Even if that's the only band you have.

He has treated thousands of Lyme patients.

Did you see Under Our skin? Where the young ball player was diagnosed with PD, but he treated with abx and it went away?

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
� First, as Hambone replies: your test with symptoms very clearly points to lyme.

� Is your LLMD ILADS-educated? Does he keep up with ILADS seminars, etc.

� What is your LLMD doing to help support your liver & kidneys and an overall good detox plan?

� Has your LLMD address issues of heavy metal toxicity (that nearly always goes along with lyme and can cause tremors, etc.?)

� Have you been assess for other tick-borne infections AND for other chronic stealth infections such as Cpn, HHV-6, mycoplasma, etc?

� Have you been assessed for any of the porphyrias? (see link to follow).

� Did you get an MRI or SPECT scan?

� Are you on a gluten-free diet?

� Are you eating LOTS of leafy greens with EVERY meal, even breakfast? Things like kale, chard, collard greens. Salads are not as good as lettuce is just not as substantial as the denser greens that you steam lightly or saute.

� Is your environment scent-free and chemical-free?

� Is most of your food organic? In addition to stealth infections, pesticides are a major cause of Parkinson's symptoms.

� Do you have any mold exposure?

-- no need to answer but each on of these must be addressed. And, if your LLMD is not ILADS-educated, I would find one who is as soon as possible - and

� Is the neurologist you are to see lyme literate? If not, that can be a huge waste of time and money. Sure, not everthing is lyme (but your tests sure do indicate lyme) - but - not all symptoms are necessarily from lyme (although tremors sure can be) -

- but - if the neurologist is not LL, they will have no solid frame of reference and are no better than asking the guy over at the dry cleaners what he thinks (oh, but do avoid dry cleaners as those chemicals can cause - or contribute to -Parkinson's).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh..what is PD?

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Parkinson's Disease (which is often caused by lyme or other chronic stealth infection, heavy metal toxicity - and/or pesticide poisoning . . . along with other matters of liver and kidney damage/dysfunction).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
See the "Secondary Porphyria" post first; then the KPU/HPU posts.
-----------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?

PORPHYRIA

Includes links from GiGi, Dr. K, and others about KPU / HPU (mauve factor) . . .

& links from TerryK regarding METHYLATION issues

===========================

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/romarkaraoke/whento.htm

When to Suspect Lyme - by 
John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

Excerpt:

. . . LD has been documented to cause strokes, paralysis, a variety of seizures, transient or permanent blindness, Parkinsonian-like movement disorders, motor and/or sensory neuropathies, mononeuritis multiplex, radiculoneuritic pains, meningitis and encephalitis.

It has been affiliated with Lou Gehrig's disease and the Guillain-Barre Syndrome. . . .

. . . The more commonly noticed neurologic deficits involve one or more cranial nerves (I thru XII), . . .

. . . Lyme hepatitis occurs in approximately 15-20% of patients. . . .

[poster's note: the hepatitis mention is included as the liver is connected to toxicity that can cause tremors, etc. There is so much more in this article that explains so much.]

===============================

http://www.canlyme.com/tom.html

The Complexities of Lyme Disease - A Microbiology Tutorial

- by Thomas M. Grier M.Sc.

If you search his name, you will see that he just finished a series of 5 more articles. But I'm not organized to remember how I filed those.
-

Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PD is lyme affecting the crebellum whereas MS is lyme affecting the brain...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler

I see one of the LLMD refered from this site. He has never mentioned any of the thing you said.

The Nuro is also LL again from this site.

I'm so upset and don't know what too think any more.

I'm currently have a PPIC line on Rochpen. have 4 more months to go

Posts: 200 | From Nevada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a second opinion, I would only see a Lyme Literate Neuro. Otherwise I think you will be wasting your time. Even the best neuros with the fanciest titles will not be able to clearly assess if they are not truly 'Lyme Literate'.

Best to you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Well, breaking from fact finding to offer some emotional support, I'm so sorry it's so confusing and so hard to get really good treatment that covers all the bases.

I'm far to tired to really ever say the right words from an emotional place that will leave you feeling hopeful and refreshed but that is my wish.

Not all names from here are necessarily LL. You have no way of know just who anyone is who sends you a PM.

Glad to hear that the neurologist is (said to be) LL.

FIRST: Inquire at your area Lyme Support Groups - AND the Chronic Fatigue support groups AND the Fibromyalgia support groups about the neurologist. See how those patients have faired with him. You might also contact the MS and PD support groups as to his reputation.

If the neurologist is truly LL, that could be very good. Can you go back to whoever PMed you in the first place for more details? How did they come by that name, etc?

Certainly, that you are on IV Rocephin indicates that your treating doctor knows more than the average bear at lyme. However, with the dietary, environmental and "detox" support, rarely will just antibiotic treatment work.

If you've never been instructed to do liver support, THAT could explain the tremors.

But I really just have to stop now. Wish I could bring my thoughts to the page. Others will come along and share thoughts, too. When I get some energy, I'll be back with a one hour radio interview where Dr. K explains Parkinson's patients with lyme have WAY more pesticide exposure, etc. and if that if the detox part is not addressed, lyme treatment can fail.

All the stuff I mentioned above is pretty standard for most LLMDs. Although, there are a few who stick just with antibiotics and ignore the toxicity issues. A few people do manage sometimes, but not often. Support is vital.

Good luck.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find an ILADS-educated lyme literate (LL) professionals in these areas:

Naturopathic doctor (ND); Acupuncturist (L. Ac.), a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, . . .

. . . Holistic MDs, and also Doctors of Osteopath (DO) and Doctors of Chiropractic (DC), etc.

�� Includes many professional links, articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - & RIFE links -- all by LL authors.

Also included are basic links explaining the principles of herbal medicine.
-

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saved10:

I see one of the LLMD refered from this site.

The site doesn't have an official list of practitioners. That would be a legal nightmare if we did. There are members who keep lists and send out contact information for doctors.

If I were looking for a doctor, I would get the list, then post - "does anyone have experience with Dr. X in NY?" in order to get first hand recommendations.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved10
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18413

I see Dr J in CA, any thoughts or opinion on him. The Nuro they are sending me in Dr A, in CA.

What can I do for liver support?

PM if you have more info

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Q: What can I do for liver support?

Refer back up to the ND link. There are many excellent sources there in the article / book section - about 1/2 way down the thread.

First see Dr. B's self-care and nutritional pages - all listed there for you.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
To help relieve tremors: MAGNESIUM and CALCIUM often help so be sure your supplements are good ones that are best absorbed

- and avoid aspartame & MSG (even trace amounts).
-

[ 01-04-2011, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only positive on band 18, too and all my shaking went away after about 3 months of treatments. ALL of it.
Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I only have 18 positive, and it's Lyme.
Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

I meant 41 positive.
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not see the logic, from a mother let alone a trained medical doctor, that would explain why anyone would tell you that you have PD. You have clear evidence of exposure to Bb. And you are sick with symptoms of an infection that is known to cause PD-like symptoms.

In this case I think both a mother and your doctor would feel the same - helpless. Your doctor wants to throw in the towel. Which is his/her choice. A mother cannot throw in the towel, nor can you.

I am no doc. But if it were me I would treat the infection you know you have.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI .... This is an old thread.

Parkinson's and Lyme
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/44135?#000002
http://www.canlyme.com/lymepark.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement