LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mold toxis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mold toxis
Energyman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29178

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Energyman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

i just realized that my i have a mold problem.
I was living in my apartment for months. I had my typical lyme problems, i was sleeping a lot of the time and spent most of the time in the kitchen.

The problem: the room next to kitchen was totally full of mold after some water damage. I didn't know that. I was exposed to mold for about 5-6 months. I inhaled a lot of toxins... I got sicker and sicker.

I've done analysis of the rooms. They found many spores.

I had such incredible fatige, i've never had it that bad. I was tired all day, everytime. I thought it was a co-infection, but i think it's clearly mold. My GI is also very bad now. I feel like there's an imbalance again. When i'm back from the toilet i have pain in my GI [Embarrassed]

I was at a LLMD two days ago and i forgot to mention the topic. I spent the night after that in a hotel where i assume, was some mold and that ultra fatigue is back. I could sleep all day.

What can i do to remove the mold toxins?

Posts: 159 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n2themystic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2themystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have similar issues and was on here the other day looking for info on this topic.

Have you seen this thread?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/102542

Posts: 186 | From colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Energyman and or N2. HOw did you get the apartment tested etc? I am looking into this but have not found a definitive way to test my home that I feel comfortable with.
Did you have an inspector do their visual inspection and or and also do actual lab type tests? OR?

Would love to know THanks Much

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energyman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energyman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll it was visible!!!
Posts: 159 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the book Mold Warriors by Dr Richie Shoemaker

He treats mold using Cholestyramine which is prescription

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Energyman and n2themystic,
I have the same trouble. My parents refuse to deal with the situation. Even when Dad had a job, he refused to accept toxic mold as a possibility. I have lived in this house my entire life, and always had asthma and bronchitis a minimum of once per year. GI issues as well as hormonal imbalances continue to make life a living Hell.

ProLab has a kit that is relatively inexpensive, but the analysis is $30 per sample. FirstAlert makes a kit available at Walmart.com that is $12.50 and can be shipped to your local store for free. Although the other kit is only about $10, FirstAlert appears to be more affordable and a better deal for the money. It has received good reviews.

"I am really scared. What am I going to do?" That is what we all wonder. Potent biotoxic
chemicals should be mandatory to eradicate by the government, yet are not. This is quite perplexing and irritating. Being ill and unable to work, there is no possible way to escape. Moving anywhere and having testing done requires money none of us have. Something should be done about that.

Sincerely,
Jin

--------------------
Celiac Disease (2007)
Candida Overgrowth (2006)
Thyroid Disease (2004)
Gallbladder Disease (removed- 2003)
Fibromyalgia (2001)
Ovarian Cysts (5 in less than 10 months - 2000)
Anemia (2000)
IBS (1999)
Acid Reflux (1999)

Posts: 369 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are renting - just get out - do not take anything.

[email protected] can help with rent...building... insurance (take your insurance policy with you).

Shoemaker has a new book and had a tv show at oprah yesterday.
The doctors are Dr. Gray AZ and Shoemaker.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the info Karenl

I have his info and books and site and done the testing (eye tests) and done the treatment too.

It did not help but I still suspect something in the house that is a problem for me.

I just do not know what it is

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fellow member told me about Thieves Oil for mold issues. A google search will bring up tons of info.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement