LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Are you allergic to the wireless internet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you allergic to the wireless internet?
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8JWeBNyCv64J:www.massage-energetics.com/Articles/MercolaEHS.htm+chemical+sensitivity+klinghardt&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not. But my wife and I did just buy a power strip with an integrated digital timer on it ($20 at Lowe's.) We now turn off our wifi at night. Can't hurt and at least we save electricity.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link, a couple new tidbits of information for me on there, such as the laptops being potentially worse.

This is a major issue for me, I was disable for four months as a direct result of my employer installing wireless routers in our office. As I have gotten treated for lyme, I can tolerate if better anyway, but I'm certainly not going lax about the issue at this point!

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, we just got Verizon FIOS at home for the internet. It all now comes with free wireless routers, but I asked ahead of time, and they can turn off the wireless aspect of the router.

Their standard wireless routers now also come with four wired ports, so it does mean we have some work to do to put somes wires around the house to get access in some different rooms, but at least no wireless signals.

Just thought I should let people know, this is possible for those that want to do it.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit I am confused with this discussion.

The wave is in the air whether you use it or not, am I right? Having your radio on or off will not change the amount or intensity of the radio wave you are receiving, right?

The real question would seem to be - where you live, instead of whether you use one or not.

Please help me understand.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sensitive to all sorts of EMFs, even the ones that come from the sun anymore, perhaps because I'm having seizures?

I'm actually more sensitive to what I believe might be radio towers lately, even more so than cell phone towers. Or perhaps they're wifi antennas?...I'm not sure what a wifi antenna outside even looks like. The antennas I'm most sensitive to, however, look like tall skinny poles in the ground that come to a point.

Here are some petitions...

Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure:

http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y

Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:

http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

I've read dozens of books on EMFs, and I'm convinced this is part of the reason I'm sick...from using a cordless phone for a decade and living under a tower...

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear, I recently got a laptop and it has changed my life, because I can't sit at a desk for more than a few minutes.

Is there any way to protect myself, some kind of lap pad perhaps?

I turn our wi fi off at night.

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard about this also.
3030 research a little further. I think there is definitely something to it. I've read some compelling pieces in the past, backed by experiments. I don't feel like taking the time.... but check it out.

btw - maybe mellow out on your responses so you don't insult those who post and those who agree

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the3030club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. Not referring to the poster, just the article.

It just seems stuff like this gets away from the point a little. It's so easy to live in fear or everything. Think your laptop and modem give out a lot of radiation? how about the sun? your tv? microwave? Power lines?

Also, i don't see how this relates to lyme disease.

Posts: 339 | From Outer Space | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3030 - EMF is a piece of the lyme healing puzzle. It is relevant. Yes, microwaves, power lines, cell phones and wireless internet are making us more vulnerable to pathogens.

Scientists have done experiments with mold... one mold spore protected from EMF and the other exposed to EMF and the growth of the one exposed to EMF was exponential. If you doubt it, it is only because you have not yet read the research.

http://electromagnetichealth.org/quotes-from-experts/

You cannot heal lyme without healing from all angles. There is no denying that our bodies are electrically charged considering we are made of mostly water.

Commercial electricity messes with our intended frequency... that is why grounding (to the earth's electrical frequency) is son important to our health.

Many people will think this is bunk, or nuts... until they open their eyes and look at the facts.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an EMF web-site>

http://emfsensitivity.org/

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

ny, I promise you that once you have seen a small group of autistic kids in the treatment room of a lyme literate medical doctor, along with their desperate parents, you will stop laughing. I have seen it many times and I will not forget this experience for the rest of my life. That is why I am posting here. I am praying for my grandchildren. I lost my own son at a very early age because of ignorance and stupidity the day he was vaccinated -- nine hours after the vaccination he was dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSit3i_-z0w&feature=player_embedded#!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a few figures in that video which are just completely ridiculous. Could this have an effect on autism and nuerological disorders? Sure, it could. Is it likely? Not really.

This is also completely irrelevant to Lyme and the treatment of Lyme. I'm sorry for your loss. But none of these things have any connection whatsoever.

Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EMFs are very real.

EMF sensitivity points directly towards mercury toxicity and the like....

When you are so ill you cannot speak or move, you will look farther than your doxy...

Best

Derek

[ 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow..

I got to say. That anyone not thinking that EMFs are real issues are like those who think that global warming is not either.

Its those people who look away when things are happening right in front of them because it has NOT YET affected them directly. OR THINK That it is NOT.. Even when it is.

So I think we have to keep our minds and eyes open and mostly because we keep venturing out in the new electronic age without doing any research to finding out if it endangers us. And that does not mean it has to do so immediately. Like GiGi Said there are many more people ahead of us including our own children and grandchildren who have to live in the environment we are making.

And that is the big mistake. We should not be doing things to AFFECT The environment at all and instead we pollute and do things that create a domino like affect and my gosh

WHY ARE WE NOT THINKING >> IN this world. I am so frustrated and astonished by all of this in this world.. Its sad too and we all can do what we can do to help but we need EVERYONE>

I am sure NY thinks Rife is a bunch of bull too. And further from the truth.

The world and all the earth and nature and animals and humans are all energy .. Period. ITs all made up of energy and it is all affected by its surroundings. There is not even an debate here.

ANything you put in various environments are going to be affected. Down to the type of music played to the humidity to the food intake and to whether there is cigarette smoke around or even if there are angry people around you all the time.

ITs all so obvious.. Sorry...

I do not understand people who are so closed minded or think of humans as some other thing besides what the earth and world is made up of.. WE are all one and the same and all made up of energy that is all the same.. connected differently and arranged differently to look differently and such but that is it.

There are people who think they are not connected or so different and superior or higher beings so much that they are not affected by what the rest of nature is..

So wrong..

LIke I said Not even debatable.

Sorry I just was taken back by the comments I read

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The music we play? The mood of the people around us? Please, give me a break.

[ 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always amazed that some who believe they have chronic lyme can be open minded about having such a controversial and unrecognized disease but so close minded about other things. Don't you two realize that you sound exactly like those who scoff at your lyme diagnosis and who say your symptoms are all in your head?

I agree with Derek (your doxy quote is so true!) and the others here...you are merely showing your lack of research and ignorance on this subject. Not sure why you two can't just scroll on by rather than insulting those who are really trying to uncover every stone to heal themselves or their families. Or even better, why not spend some time to dig a bit deeper. Yes, power lines, mircowave ovens, TV's and other things can contribute to the same issue as well.

Being educated and successful does not automatically rule out ignorance. Open that educated mind a little.

Here's just one example I recently came across similar to EMF's...Eastern PA has one of the highest thyroid cancer rates in the country (4 times higher than other areas)...and guess what causes thyroid cancer? Pretty much only the radioactive stuff that comes from nuclear power plants...and guess where there is an unusually high number of nuclear power plants??? Yeah...Eastern PA.

And of course, there are houses right next to those huge smokestacks, but I sure wouldn't want to take that chance. Now I understand why a 35 year old friend of mine got thyroid cancer a couple of years ago...yeah...she lives less than a mile from those smokestacks. Maybe it wasn't the power plant, but I find it coincidental that she's the only person I have known to have this disease.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

I'm not closed minded to this at all. In fact, I've done plenty of research on EMFs. In my opinion, it's garbage.

Just because Lyme disease seems to be misunderstood doesn't mean every other theory in the world is the same way.

[ 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the3030club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People get desperate for answers when they're sick and unable to figure out exactly why. It happens to me too, i tried everything. I monitored and micromanaged everything about my life for 6 months to try and figure out what helped and what didn't. I considered the most far fetched things .. and guess what ... they turned out to be just that - far fetched.

It's unfortunate that they're unable to find relief in the first place.

There are people that are addicted to placebos. It's a fact. Anything will make you feel better when you want it to badly enough.

Maybe NY is wrong, but to think that EMF is a non factor in a bacterial infection isn't ignorant at all. It's common sense. Think about it, really.

What really bothers me is the fairly heavy handed judgment these "open minded" individuals are so quick to dispense when you don't agree with their medical opinions which are radical at best.

Don't bash the (guy?) Don't tell him what else he "probably" believes.

He got bit by a tick and got lyme disease just like you all did. he's not the enemy, he's in the same boat.

(he?) thinks a "wifi allergy" sounds silly. And it does ... it really does SOUND silly.

I'm an open minded logical (highly educated) individual and it is of my opinion that a lot of you are just grasping at straws.

Posts: 339 | From Outer Space | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:

Here's just one example I recently came across similar to EMF's...Eastern PA has one of the highest thyroid cancer rates in the country (4 times higher than other areas)...and guess what causes thyroid cancer? Pretty much only the radioactive stuff that comes from nuclear power plants...and guess where there is an unusually high number of nuclear power plants??? Yeah...Eastern PA.

Again, nobody would argue that nuclear radiation is a carcinogen. Also, smoke causes cancer - we know that too. Neither are even a topic of debate. The mainstream medical community fully agrees.

We're talking about EMF, WIFI, cordless phones.

It's sooooooooooooooooooo (oooooooo) different.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from the CDC
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/emf2.html
Scientists have looked carefully at all the EMF evidence, but they disagree about the health effects of EMFs except to say that better information is needed.

This is also the case with cell phones and other such hazards.

My personal experience is that as a computer programmer I was exposed to computers all day long with no problem. After I got sick, just having a computer on anywhere near drained me and made me feel weak. I used some products that were recommeneded by my herbalist and I did feel better and eventually was able to use my computer again. Without a doubt, computers had a detrimental effect on me and tools used to alleviate the effect of EMF's helped.

I prefer to err on the cautious side since my health is already compromised.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi - Thanks for putting the information out there for us to explore.

I would not have believed one tick bite could have put my son and I where we are either.

It has made me look at alot of things differently and like Terry I will err on the side of caution.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have something to say, please keep it relevant. Please state either facts or opinions, but not rude tangents. Thanks.

I have edited the thread .... not perfectly, but I've tried to remove irrelevant comments.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can completely understand why someone would think this was a silly thing to bring up. There was a time when I would have thought it was silly, too ..... until I became sensitive to them.

My own son thought it was silly and would use his computer near me but around the corner so I couldn't see him. I would start feeling bad and would walk out of the room and see him there. I would feel sick for hours afterward.

I was extremely sensitive to EMF's.

As I'm getting better and better, I'm less sensitive. Now the only thing I'm sensitive to is a device that pulls in wireless internet or being right next to a cell phone tower, like I was recently sitting at the longest stoplight on the planet.

I can be in a place with wifi, just not near a person with a computer using it.

I liken it to this, if you had a full gallon of water, you wouldn't notice it much if a little of it evaporated overnight. If you had just a tiny bit and it was the only water you had to get through the next day and the same amount evaporated, but now your water was gone, you would feel the loss more.

For some reason some of us *feel* the emf's more, but all of us are probably *affected* by them on some level.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

Does anyone have issues with cordless phones? (not cell phones but cordless home phones)

They operate on the same frequency spectrum as wifi.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I do. We got rid of ours.

--------------------

nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

I disagree, I do not believe anyone is effected by EMFs, 3030 put it perfectly a few posts above, people look for reasons they are sick. EMFs, are not a cause of anything.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Ny, I am not sick anymore, so your theory isn't a fit for me.

Can you provide us with links to the research you referred to above?

--------------------

elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tick battler:
Here's just one example I recently came across similar to EMF's...Eastern PA has one of the highest thyroid cancer rates in the country (4 times higher than other areas

I didn't know that. I live in Eastern PA, and so does my sister...and she's on Synthroid? Now you have me thinking!

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elizza - here is more info about power plants/cancer rates in PA:

http://citizensvoice.com/news/study-suggests-link-between-nuclear-power-plants-thyroid-cancer-1.563004

and another:
http://www.radiation.org/spotlight/pa_thyroid.html

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi - I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. So very sad. I lost a half sister also after the DPT shot when she was 3.

[ 01-11-2011, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtl,

That isn't entirely true.

As you said, you can't "turn off" the waves (frequencies) in the air from the towers that are close to your house. That would be radio waves (so you can listen to the radio), TV channels, cell phone towers, and things like the Verizon 4G network and the Sprint 3G network, that people use for their "smart phones."

Those are all things that are affected by where you live. We are all exposed to those. I prefer to live at least 400-500 meters from the towers that transmit the higher frequencies (things like Verizon towers, etc). You can check what's near you at www.antennasearch.com.

The Wifi can be turned off (you can turn off your wireless router, like what Michael described. When you turn off the router at night, you are NOT exposed to those waves anymore. The waves are gone at that point, the Wifi ones that make your wireless internet possible.

From my standpoint, I do turn off my Wifi at night. I prefer to, because I am far-"ish" from the towers, but the source of the Wifi is right in my home, so I like to have that off. I don't like to be too close to the source of anything, because I go under the assumption that the STRENGTH is worse close to the source. The FREQUENCY (kind of like the genetics, or the identity...like 850 megahertz, 400 megahertz, 4,000 mhz aka 4G) of the waves won't change, but the STRENGTH of the signal can change.

But in short, you can turn the Wifi completely off (so you are making the strength 0), to where nothing is being transmitted. Can't do that to stuff coming from towers...unless you knock the tower down, which is a crime. [Smile]

I'm not sure WHAT Wifi is exactly....like if it's truly a frequency measured in mhz or what...but I do turn that off.

The ironic part of me trying to live away from towers, is that my phone drops my calls sometimes when I'm at home! But I don't really care. I hate talking on the phone, haha.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the debate about if this is real or not.....there are studies going both ways, and as far as I'm concerned, this isn't fact, it's just a theory (this whole concept of certain frequencies, in certain strengths, being harmful to humans).

I think the important thing with theories is to not make your decisions based in fear. Don't unplug your wireless router because you are afraid of what MIGHT happen if you don't. That would be a fear-motivated decision. Do it because you believe you feel better when it's unplugged, you think it's worth a shot, or because you have noticed you feel better when it's unplugged.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

Hoosiers51 ,

Just to clarify a few things for you. 4G stands for 4th Generation, not 4000.

Mobile broadband operates at several different frequencies at the same time. It's super complex.

Home wifi operates at the much higher frequencies of either 2.4 ghz or 5 ghz.

Hope that helps.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

For those to choose to believe this stuff is debatable, as in, oh, studies are mixed, that's your choice. But I suggest you consider that the studies are not reality anymore.

We can easily make a study show these things aren't harmful, just find a bunch of fairly healthy regular people, and ask for reports on symptoms over time, and notice that exposure to wireless does not correlate much for them. The one person who is sensitive in that group will be rounded away as a statistical variation.

We can easily make a study to show they are harmful, get a few of us together who really are sensitive, and test it out, and see what happens to us.

What is the point? Don't we all know, everybody is different. Isn't it obvious, these things have a noticeably bad effect on SOME of us. Perhaps we could debate if there is some miniscule bad effect for EVERYONE, but I'm not much interested in that debate.

I became disabled for several months as a result of my employer, unkonwn to me at the time, installing a wireless router. I have, time and again, suffered pain from these things. A number of times the pain happened before I knew the irritant was even present. Things got pieced together later. Now I have a measuring device, now I know that pattern, I know what's real.

There are others too.

Correct, no need to live in fear, no need to avoid these things at all cost just because they are horrible for some. Each person can decide for themselves how it affects them, particularly if they choose to pay attention to exposures and symptoms. If you choose.

For those who think this has nothing to do with lyme, my goodness, that's one end of the spectrum. But, many correlate heavy metals with these sensitivities, and many correlate heavy metals with lyme, just consider the possibilities.

A prominent lyme doc, Dr. K., if you will, once gave a talk saying that he saw enormous correlation between the level of WiFi exposure where a mother sleeps during pregnancy and the level of learning/developmental problems experienced by the resulting child. This is the same doc who believes that most autism is caused by lyme disease, by the way. Something to consider.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

3030, yes, I have had issues with cordless phones when exposed to them. They have never been much of a problem for me, mainly because their use has always been very limited, almost nonexistent (at least in the circles I move).

I do, of course, have problems from cellphones, because again, the signals are substantially the same (at least as far as my body is concerned). The newer fangled ones, that do more and more, seem to be getting more and more powerful, emitting higher level of signal.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's studies like this (by motorola labs) that cast doubt on all studies related to EMF's. There was a statistically significant approximate 4 fold increase in malignant tumors but the authors did not consider this significant due to the lack of increase in any one tumor type. How's that for getting out of showing deleterious effects so you can sell your products?

In Vivo
Model 2450 MHz exposure in standard rat 2-year bioassay

Details Sprague Dawley rats (male, n=200) were exposed to 2450 MHz (PW-800 pps, 10-usec pulse width, square-wave modulated at 8 Hz) microwaves at whole body average SARs from 0.4 W/kg (for a 200-g rat) to 0.15 W/kg (for an 800-g rat) in circular waveguides (Guy et al. Radio Sci 14:63-74, 1979). Exposure began at 8 wk of age and continued d

aily 21.5 hr/day, 5 days/wk, for 25 months. An initial change in corticosterone levels and immune function seen at 13 months could not be replicated in a repeat study. There was no change in open field behavior, immune function, ematological, serum chemistry, thyroxine, or protein parameters, metabolism, growth or behavior.

There was no increase in any tumor type [although there were 7 pheochromocytoma tumors in the exposed group vs 1 in the controls], although a statistically significant ~4-fold increase in total primary malignant tumors in exposed vs sham exposed animals (18 in exposed vs 5 in controls) was observed. The authors did not interpret these observations as biologically significant due to the lack of an increase in any one tumor type and the lack of a difference in the number of benign neoplasms between the groups at death (39 in exposed, 38 in controls).

Findings No Effects
Status Completed With Publication
Principal Investigator Motorola Labs, Ft. Lauderdale FL, USA

This looks to be a good compilation of studies
http://apps.who.int/peh-emf/research/database/emfstudies/

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the explanation, Hoosier. I hope my stupid question did not sound like I do not believe the effect. I just did not understand why the use or not use makes difference.

Now you provided something for me to think about it. If for nothing else, I would just turn it off when I am not using. It sounds to me a pretty simple solution.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

An article on affect of cordless phone emf's on health - http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/archive/2011/01/12/cordless-phone-emfs-trigger-heart-rhythm-abnormalities.aspx

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

EMF exposure is one of the first problems that are evident with chronic disease, especially Lyme.
There is enough evidence that mothers of autistic children have been exposed to EMF during pregnancy; and the majority of autistic children have Lyme and suffer from heavy metal toxicity, plus everything else we have to deal with.

I was treated for EMF exposure 12 years ago when I first came down with Lyme and it was a major factor in my cure. Citing Dr. K., EMF always plays a role in any neurological deterioration, microorganisms growing at top speed, tumors or worse that often follow.

Take care.

[ 01-13-2011, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement