LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What meds from this list do you take at the same time?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What meds from this list do you take at the same time?
SashaC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SashaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
My LLMD prefers monotherapy. It's not working for my daughter and I at all.

We both have appointments with new LLMDs in CT and PA, but we have to wait four months for our visits.

A few people have told me that my current LLMD is "open to suggestions" on which meds to take. One of the reasons I am seeking treatment elsewhere. I have no idea what I am supposed to be taking!

He prescribes 1 med at a time. If I don't see improvement after 1 month, I'm supposed to switch to another. If that one doesn't work after 1 month, I try the next one. This goes on for 4 months until I am required to see him again for a new list of the next four abx to try.

I'm sure that both my daughter and I would be improving if we took multiple abx.

He has agreed to add malarone to the mino she is currently taking.

But I don't know what to suggest for myself.

I have Lyme, Bartonella, and Babesia, and symptoms of all three.

These are the abx he has given me in the past year:

biaxin
bactrim
plaquenil
levaquin
rifampin
tinidazole
malarone
minocycline
tetracycline
diflucan
erythromycin
ceclor

Has anyone used 2 or more of these at the same time and had decent results?

Right now I'm only taking mino, nystatin and a bunch of supplements.

I'm going to make sure it's okay with him before I add anything, but I'd like to know what has worked for YOU first.

Thank you thank you thank you for your replies!!!!

Posts: 151 | From SW US | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n2themystic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2themystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on the following all at the same time

plaquenil, malarone, minocycline, zithromax, samento and enula

I have had pretty good success. I would say I am about 80-85% after 1.1 years of treatment.

Posts: 186 | From colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SashaC:

He prescribes 1 med at a time. If I don't see improvement after 1 month, I'm supposed to switch to another. If that one doesn't work after 1 month, I try the next one. This goes on for 4 months until I am required to see him again for a new list of the next four abx to try.

No offense to him, but that sounds completely idiotic.
Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SashaC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SashaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up!
Posts: 151 | From SW US | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ceftin and Biaxin together worked well for me and also high doses of amoxycillin and Biaxcin.
Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MamaMelvis
Member # 26818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MamaMelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure we are seeing the same LLMD (based on the info you've provided) and I'm not feeling at all confident in my treatment either. I'm also trying to figure out what I should be taking and what can be mixed. Ugh.

--------------------
~*Melvis*~

`

Posts: 80 | From Midwest | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too could never comprehend that protocol and when to switch drugs and whatever. I felt like I had to BE a doctor, not get doctored. Very strange.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement